Nighty's gettng a girlfriend!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I love it! :D
Broadsword
Lubber
Lubber

Jill!

Post by Broadsword »

Originally posted by Bamfette
who ever said she was a student? oh... that thing where i suggested i be a student? no... Chuck didn't go with the student angle... i was just saying i suggested i be a ~character~ and he actually did it :p
Maybe you'll be an obsessed fan that ends up stalking Kurt! :shocked:

kidding! ;)
My favourate X-men:

:bamf: :banshee: :m: :husk: :northie: :jubilee:
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

:laugh::laugh::laugh: that was soooo wrong! :laugh:
and Nandi, that's pretty :D:)
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by T.J. Wagner »

Cute song Nandireya! :D
I think that Jill sould be religious like Kurt. Since he is not becoming a priest and he is, I guess, somewhat mad at God, Jill could bring him back into loving God again. Just a thought.
* The Light of Evenstar * Guitar Picks (A Chamber Messageboard) *

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"
-Nightcrawler (X-Treme #18)

Feeling Blue?
:mystique: :bamf: :nocturne:
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I wouldn't like that... I'm athiest : and i always liked relationships where there is somehting fundamentally different about them. since she is a mutant like him, why not her religion (or lack thereof)?

besides no one ever said he'd stop loving god. just leave the priesthood, that doesn't necessarily mean he loses his faith
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

A Catholic and an atheist. There's a match made in Heaven. :p
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

worked for my mom and dad :p
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by T.J. Wagner »

I can see where you're coming from Bamfette. She could also could be something besides Christian, like Buddhist or something, depending on her nationality. It would be cool if she was foreign. If she's American... :?.

I don't think anything could stop Kurt from loving God. I think he's just has some issuses like I (maybe a lot of people) had after 9-11.

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"

Feeling Blue?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

it doesn't matter if it's Chrstianity or paganism or whatever. Athiesm is the faith that ther is NO higher power... at all. it does not state that only the Christian god does not exist, it is no god AT ALL... so... no religion at all would please me the most :p there are too few athiest characters... usually when thier religion isn't made a big deal of, it is strongly implied they are a loosely practicing Christian. very rarely is there a character that is outright stated to be athiest. Wolverine and Colossus were the two noteable examples in X-Men but Tieri has gone and had Wolverine visit the afterlife (whatever) and he too seems to be Christian now, if a very loosely practicing one, and Colossus is dead : i was thrilled when in The Truth one of the Captain America guys was an athiest...

but i really have no say in the matter. so you never know.
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by T.J. Wagner »

Bamfette I didn't want to offend you in anyway, a good friend of mine is athesist. I'm very open to others beliefs. I was just thinking out loud.

Feeling Blue?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

tis ok, me too. :) a lot of people don't really understand what it is to be athiest...
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

On the subject of atheism...I have a question. Feel free to PM me if you don;t want to continue a discussion here.

Christmas, obviously you celebrate it. But Christmas is most definitely a Christian Holiday. A holiday derived from the Pagan Winter Solstice, but now it accepted by almost all Christians. I'm just wondering why you celebrate a holiday designed to honor "God" when you don't believe in him. I mean wouldn't you just as soon celebrate Hannukah? Or not celebrate a holiday at all, since all holidays are religious in origin?

Does that sound like I'm a jerk? It kinda does to me... Sorry!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

no, yer not a jerk... i've been asked that before.

basically, me, my family, other athiest friends of mine (most athiests celebrate the holidays in some fashion...) celebrate the holidays, it just has no religious conotations for us. it's just tradition. an excuse to get together with family. that's all. it's a time most of us get off work or whatever so we can all get together and have a good time. no we don't celebrate the birth of Christ or anything of that sort, any carols we sing are along the lines of winter wonderland or frosty the snowman, you know, the ones that don't have anything to do with religion. we have a tree, but that is because it is fun, and festive, and my mom (who actually was born and raised Catholic, though she no longer practices. and it is actually my dad's side of the family, the athiest side, which has the strongest X-Mas traditions) collects Christmas decorations. we exchange gifts, but that is just to show others we care, nothing more. we have nothing AGAINST religion, we were just raised to have no belief in a higher power. so the holidays arent offensive to us or anything.

basically, we just take it as an excuse to have a good time :p we like to share time with loved ones and show we care by giving gifts, just like anyone else... but there are no athiest holidays like that, so we use popular holidays :D rationalizing it somewhat wiht the fact that those holidays were themselves taken from other cultures. why my family celebrates on Christmas rather than Hannukah or something, is my family was a few generations back Catholic, and the tradition started then. when people in my family left the church, the tradition of getting together on Christmas eve remained. Christmas is the only time the ENITIRE family gets together, all the aunts uncles and cousins grandparents and brothers and sisters no one has seen for a year, and that is why it is special for MY family.

I'm sorry if some of the more religious may find that offensive in some way, that i celebrate a holiday that I in no way believe in religiously... but that's just the way it is for my family. and i know several other athiest families who celebrate Christmas for similar reasons.

i guess look at it this way. why do you celebrate Halloween? do you REALLY believe that by dressing up in a costume you will confuse the souls of the dead risen from the grave? i am guessing 'no'. it's tradition. it's fun. you get free candy. :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

umm just putting my two cents....
I believe than the holidays could be interpretated in different ways, i'm catholic but in my house we celebrate Christmas as a party to conmemorate Jesus's birth but also as a pretext of having a good time together and make each other happy, so the original concept of the celebration is kinda forgotten sometimes, i know it will sounds bad for some persons but my point is i think everybody celebrates it in their ways, and i respect everyone of them if they not hurting anybody and they're having a good time together in harmony which i believe its the true purpose of Christmas, my opinion its this because in my family we believe in God following some of the statements of one religion but we're not much devoted, we don't believe in the church (even when we go sometimes) because Church its an institution and its ruled by humans, they're priests but they're still humans with their own personal defects and "sins" so to my eyes they're the same as regular people and i think i can celebrate my faith every place i choose not just in a building.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

*puts on mod hat*

Guys...this is about Kurt's (potential) new love life...not his faith...we got other threads for that ;)

*takes off mod hat*
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
i guess look at it this way. why do you celebrate Halloween? do you REALLY believe that by dressing up in a costume you will confuse the souls of the dead risen from the grave? i am guessing 'no'. it's tradition. it's fun. you get free candy. :p
Actually, I don't celebrate Halloween. Or any major Holiday for religious reasons. :p But I get your point. :D

Originally posted by kurtlover
and i think i can celebrate my faith every place i choose not just in a building.
KL, I completely agree with you. In fact we just had a Watchtower article on the idea that you do not need a Church to worship God.

And to keep Nandi off my ass...
yay Kurt girlfriend-ness! blah blah blah Nightcrawelr blah blah blah Jill blah blah blah can't wait! :D
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Broadsword
Lubber
Lubber

The kiss!

Post by Broadsword »

How do you think that Kurt will meet Jill?

Personally I hope it's something funny. ;) Like this one time that Kurt resued this scantilly clad lady from something or other and gave her a kiss to remember him by, and he bamfed as their lips touched.

the next panned showed her coughing up bamf and complaining about the 'bad aftertaste'!

:kiss: :bamf: :LOL:
My favourate X-men:

:bamf: :banshee: :m: :husk: :northie: :jubilee:
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by T.J. Wagner »

I just hope Jill doesn't have a lot of baggage like Stacy X.

Feeling Blue?
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Physical Baggage? Or "emotional baggage?"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Broadsword
How do you think that Kurt will meet Jill?

Personally I hope it's something funny. ;) Like this one time that Kurt resued this scantilly clad lady from something or other and gave her a kiss to remember him by, and he bamfed as their lips touched.

the next panned showed her coughing up bamf and complaining about the 'bad aftertaste'!

:kiss: :bamf: :LOL:
That was Voodoo from WildCATS...she dug the kiss though ;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

i was about to say that! :p everybody its faster than me :blush:
i don't deserve to carry Speedy's last name :p
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

Wow, what a hellishly long thread. Nightcrawler is getting a girlfriend named Jill… (Congratulations to Bamfette are in order I guess). She is a mutant and may or may not be religious. Hmmmmm. I don’t like the idea of creating a new character simply to fill the niche of being so-n-so’s love interest, it leads to shallow expendable characters that are easily dumped by the next writer on the title (sorry, but many writers dump anything they don’t like).

So that would suck… and we would end up with another character in limbo… I hope Chuck can pull this off well enough to keep her around. Unfortunately, the plot has a ring of redundancy… Amanda, Cerise, both had a bit of the “Hi, I am Kurt’s love interest…” syndrome which an established character would not have to deal with. It would have been cool to see Kurt and Paige deal with a growing love. Or have Kurt suffer a bit of unrequited love… Chuck would not have to change a thing about Kitty or Ororo, Emma or Cece to have Kurt be in love with any of them…

Ahh well, it should be a good read if it is handled a bit differently. Maybe she will be an adversary and they start out as opponents! Massive fight scenes with them batting it out! Kurt quipping: “We have to stop meeting like this…” and other fun stuff.

:bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Unwilling_Hero
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Unwilling_Hero »

Hey, I'm new here, and I've been reading through this particular forum.

And being the bad comic collector I am, I haven't been able to keep up very much with the happenings of the X-Men, and more particurly, my favorite X-Man, NightCrawler.

The adminstrator of Bamfcentral suggested I come here. And if this doesn't catch me up somewhat on the current happenings of Kurt, I don't know what does.

So, he's left(or leaving the priesthood), is gonna have a new woman, and he's getting back to the fun-loving, witty, swashbuckling Kurt of old?

Or is that last part something I just hope for?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

nope, that's pretty much it! Chuck Austen is a Nightcrawler fan and wants to undo the damage done to him recently...