Nighty's gettng a girlfriend!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
ok so Stacy is leaving- do you have anymore info
i don't think Kurt wanted it from Stacy-herself-remember in an issue before this one- Kurt was in a church talking to a statue of jesus saying that "he felt the derise for a woman's touch"- Stacy who can pick up the permonones of others-like what she did to Paige- may have picked up on Kurt's desire for a woman, may have misinterperted as for lust for her.
i do not want to see:(:stacy: together
:yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech::yech:
Stacy has gone after Warren & Kurt- do you think she will go after Bobby or Logan
besides is'nt :stacy: still sweet on :angel:

Stacy is just confused. she's the type of person that equates lust with love. she thinks it is ok to show affection or repay kindness through sex. Warren saved her life, Kurt was kind to her, she was jsut returning the favour, in her mind. so until Bobby stops being so mean to her she wont go after him, same with Logan. i think she respects Logan, but is notinterested in him sexually. I don't hate her, i feel sorry for her, she's just kinda messed up, and has a troubled past... I'm sorry to see her go. so is Chuck, for the record. it was an editorial decision.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

That's true Jill, and i understand Stacy too, she needs affection dessesperately because she had a harsh life in the past, and she needs somebody to show affection to her, not sexual affection but she projects it in that way, it could be mainly because of her past life, some woman looks about the special feeling of contenment after sex, that time where the two persons are open to share feelings and also to cuddle and all that things, maybe she was looking for something like that, or like Jill said, she doesn't have other way to express her gratitude to them, and she tried it in that way; *sigh* its a shame she has to leave, i think she was a good character, different to the others, and mainly because of that she was missunderstood by several people, :( well but what else we can do? just enjoy her last issues and remember her as a good, interesting and unique character.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

do you have any info on what issue Stacy will be leaving, where she's going & what she will be doing.
i'm still not sure if i like her or not, i just do not like her tude but she does have an interresting look & power.
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ok, you gotta realize with the attitude (Iceman to at the moment) is that it is a front. it is her way of hiding what she is really feeling and saving face.... when you read Uncanny keep in mind that Chuck is like HUGE into character development and not so much into action and kewl powers and whatever other crap. read it and REALLY THINK about a characters motivations and the causes of their behaviour and i think you'd lget more out of it.

anyway as i said it is in the chat transcript, but she is leaving issue 422. Chuck would give no hints as to how, exactly, but said it was really fun to write.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Yeah, well, I have to agree with you guys. If I chose one of the characters to go, I'd prefer Paige to leave over Stacey. Stacey at least has a somewhat interesting character. Paige is just boring. I mean, her powers are kinda cool looking (and gross) but her personality is like a piece of brown cardboard.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

look i'm also not not with iceman's tude either-what frozen bug crawled up his butt, he's gotten so nasty (ex Warren's saddness over Betsy/ also with Nightcrawler about "the real x-men")
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Oh seriously. Iceman's WAAAY out of character. And Warren is just boring the heck out of me. AND Havok looks like Warren who looks like Juggy with blonde hair.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I repeat: examine characters motivations and the reasons for thier behaviour! yes, Iceman is being an ass right now. but WHY is he being an ass? if you really look at the situation, can't you see the reason for his behaviour, and even pity the poor guy? i mean come on, put yourself in his shoes. you are one of the pretty mutants, for all apearances, you look human. you can walk down the street and no one will batt an eye, and yet, you have wicked cool powers. life is good! then bam, you are turning to ICE and can't turn back. you will A) be a FREAK for the rest of your life as far as you know and b) never EVER be able to have another normal relationship of a romantic sort ever again, because, lets face it, who wants to f*ck an ice cube? he's SCARED! can't you see that?
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

sure,but i wish he'd tell someone but i can understand why he'd want to hide but i don't like his new saricsm-& stacy, i believe i disscussed more about her on another thread- i just don't want to write more here what i said over there.
i think your right- he is good with the characters
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

whatever. he is scared of his transformation and is likewise scared to tell anyone,you saw how much it took for him to show Annie, and then he swore her to secrecy. he doesn't want his friends to know, so he is putting on a brave face. that comes off as being snarky. Characters shouldn't just state to everyone they meet what is going on with them, that is lazy storytelling.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Bobby is indeed scared...i mean, come on!! he's turning into living ice and he doesn't know how to stop the changing, and also lots of things are happening in his enviroment, that's why is he having problems, like Jill said its a matter of putting in the shoes of him, for example you have a bad day and you return to your house with a temper from hell, but it was because you had a bad day, how would you feel if everybody tells you you're acting like an ass without listening or analizing your reasons?, that sucks, yeah it sucks, so come on ;) a little more empathy sometimes help.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

i see both of your points-I think that there has been a misunderstanding-i believe i may have misread something-you see i think i read something as"you don't like stacy because of the way she acts-what about iceman-what about how he's acting & your're complaining about stacy" my thing about bobby just came out wrong & i'm sorry i don't think i worded it right.i hope that is understandable
& about stacy-one of the parts where i liked her was when she handled M.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Hmm...well, I mean, sure he's scared but he doesn't have to be a bastard about it. Then again...well, I don't know.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

How many issues ago did he start turning into ice?
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Actually i don't have idea Erynne, but someone is gonna die in next issues, so it could be him! :o
Well i hope not, i don't want him to die :bawl:
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

BTW its a small text i found in Wizard but check:
"Archangel decides to get back into his corporate life but encounters a mutant menace in one of his own companies. Also there's a NEW ROMANCE in the team......"
:D:D It comes from the "2003 previews"article.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by jogurt »

Heheh do got an Idea ? NOOOOOOO we got absolut no Idea *blinks to jill.
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I know who the romance is, but all i will say is it is nothing to do wiht Kurt right now. I also know who dies, but wont say who... sorry. you'll find out wednesday ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

...or in another two months (KL's time) :D.
more suspense for me........ *bites nails*
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

You suck Jill.

just kidding :p
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Originally posted by littlebamf
Yeah, but she was curled up nearly in tears when Kurt ran out!
I dont want Stacy to go!!!! Id prefer Paige to go!!! Shes trying too hard to be a big thougth X-man, and it dosent work well. She was fine in Gen X (in the three issuses Ive read anyway)
Oh I agree I want Stacy to stay too. I hated Stacy when Casey brought her in (but then I can’t stand the way Casey writes); I thought she was a cheap “taboo” character and Casey proved to me that he couldn’t write female characters very well (as a female I can attest to this). But under Austen I actually like her. I like the ‘tough chick who’s really a little girl who wants attention’ character that she seems to have become under CA. And I am so not liking Paige at this point. I always thought that she was really boring with really boring powers (the only excitement I got out of last issue concerning her was Northstar saying, after seeing her shed, “That’s... Completely... Disgusting!” Heee! Ah, I love Northstar!). But I especially hate that she’s taken up this “I’m an Xman! I’m the best!” attitude. Although I will say I like her interaction with Anne. Maybe she marries Chamber and they go off to live happily ever after - someplace else!

Now about someone dying... can I hope it’s Iceman? He’s always been a jerk! ;) ;) :P
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Bamf_A_Licious_Baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_A_Licious_Baby »

Dang... I'm crushed. I liked Kurt being single. Oh well.. Treat him right Jill. Cuz if you don't.. there will be an angry mob on the boards!!! :LOL
The High Exalted Dark Priestess of the Bamf!:bamf:

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war."-Bob Marley

Charter member of the We Like To Edit Club.
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #25
NSNS Member #3

:love: He is just TOO sexy for words!:love:
Icebird
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Icebird »

Just a curious question: Who died in that comic? I don`t have that comic... :(
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Husk died, but Warren bled into her, and his healing factor saved her. That's about when he discovered that ability.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

and stacy left and no one knew until a video to warren w/ her jumping rope in the nude. wait, who is kurt hooking up w/? and does bamfette have any say in what happens w/ comic jillian? im confused
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf