Nighty's gettng a girlfriend!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Sylph
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sylph »

All I can say is: Awww....bless....
Just because an artist can paint a butterfly, does not make all butterflies a painting.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Nightgamer
and stacy left and no one knew until a video to warren w/ her jumping rope in the nude. wait, who is kurt hooking up w/? and does bamfette have any say in what happens w/ comic jillian? im confused
he's hooking up with Jillian. and no, i have no say in anything that happens with her, aside from a nickname that Kurt will end up calling her. all she shares is my name.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

dude, isnt jillian kurts sister? hes going out w/ his SISTER?!?!?!?!
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Politely Cryptic »

Uh ... no, she's not his sister; she looks like it, but then again Paige looks an awful lot like Warren and nobody freaks about them dating. And besides, Kurt already went out with his sister (well, adoptive sister, but still ... kinda ick in my book).
Cry me a river, then build me a bridge and get over it.
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sussi »

Can somebody please put up a picture of Jillian, I realy want to know how she looks like!
(Here in Sweden we only get UncannyX-men when it comes out in 'albums' (sorry, but I cant remember what there proper names are...)).
I have noteist these :jillian smilies, so I am very curious! ;)
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ok, Chuck said that in an interview one time, but that reference was directed towards me and a few others as a joke, and shouldn't be taken seriously. was said *just* to get a rise out of me, because he knew the sister references bothered me. she was NEVER going to be related to him in any way. it's just that Ryan and some others were teasing me about the resemblance (she was actually supposed to be red, which would have negated much of the similarity in appearance, but the colourist goofed) saying she would end up being his sister, and Chuck was just going along with it, teasing me.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

BWAHAHAHA it totally never ends!! :smirk

hehe oh man hehe I'm tempted to go through the 10 pages of topic that have appeared since I was last here and just count how many times Jill insists they aren't related.

Cause we all know they are. ;)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

they're so not :p

and i just DID read through this whole topic again. ah, fond memories...

but we all (or me, atleast) must mourn. it looks like while there is indeed a real comic book character with actual super powers and the whole bit named after me, and that is extremely cool, it looks like there will be no future for Kurt and comic Jill. mourn. Morrison leaving when he did really threw a wrench into plans for this relationship to ever actually reach 'relationship' status. all future plans for her have been scrapped due to some events that came of the big writer shakeup after Morrison left. the most we can hope for now is some (mostly one-sided) flirting, and maybe a roll in the hay...

so close....
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sussi »

the most we can hope for now is some (mostly one-sided) flirting, and maybe a roll in the hay...
so close....
No! And I was so looking forewerd to NC geting a cool girlfriend... :bawl
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WAIT, wait, Jill you said that she was gonna be his girlfriend and it became meer flirting? Wow, that sucks. I really wanted to see Kurt in "action" again too.

*Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!"
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

I just read through this whole thing. It would have been cool to see him with a gril friends but things did not work out.
I think it is realy said. He should get a girlFriend..................
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well, he may still get a girlfriend... maybe... i dunno... just not Jillian, and it wont be happening for a while. if Morrison had left just a few months later thanhe did, things would have been very different. :(
Elektra
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Elektra »

Since "Jill" is out, is there a possibilty of Storm or Wanda?
Nightcrawler: If someone has some extra clothes they're not using, I'm feeling a bit modest here.
Jubilee: Woah...! Why?

http://www.geocities.com/elektraspage

Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

Originally posted by Elektra
Since "Jill" is out, is there a possibilty of Storm or Wanda?
I don't really know why, but I'm getting really tired of those two pairings. Kurt and Ororo I kinda like, but JUST in movieverse. Kurt and Wanda work too, but I like them better as an AR pairing. I really don't want to see either of them in 616. It would just tick me off.

Oh, and no Kitty either. That little Lolita needs to go find a man who's, I don't know, not a decade older than her. I'm still pissed at her for turning Colossus into an ephebophile.
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

I don't really know why, but I'm getting really tired of those two pairings. Kurt and Ororo I kinda like, but JUST in movieverse. Kurt and Wanda work too, but I like them better as an AR pairing. I really don't want to see either of them in 616. It would just tick me off.
Out of curiosity (and forgive me if you posted this elsewhere and I missed it): any particular reason why? :) I know you said you really don't know why, so feel free to whap me (LOL!), but as someone who thought Kurt and Ro would make a good couple looooong before the movie came out, I'm interested in why some people find the pairing "eh."

Or Wanda/Kurt, for that matter. :)
Politely Cryptic
Lubber
Lubber

I don't know, the characters just don't seem to work when I think about them. It's just like how a lot of people keep talking about a Northstar/Iceman pairing. I really want Jean-Paul to hook up with someone, but I just have this instinctual feeling that that particular relationship just wouldn't work, even if Bobby were gay. I just don't think Kurt could really make a go of it with Ororo or Wanda; he works well as a friend and a compatriot of both, but I just can convince my self that anything more would work, at least not in 616.

I'm probably being irrational though, just like with my hatred of Shadowcat. Oh well :)
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

Nope, that's not irrational! :D I can understand completely on the "intuition" angle ... I definitely feel that way about some pairings myself, including the Northstar/Bobby one.
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by Bamfman86
WAIT, wait, Jill you said that she was gonna be his girlfriend and it became meer flirting? Wow, that sucks. I really wanted to see Kurt in "action" again too.

*Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!"
BWAHAHAH

Poor kurt, his schwanzstucker shall have to wait a while longer.
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzy yukon »

hey jill, since jill won't be the girlfriend, does that mean she isn't going to be a staple character in the book? (that's be a bummmer b/c I think we all were pretty psyched up for her role in x men)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

probably not... though, when he told me who was on his team, there was one character he would not tell me. he said he couldn't remember. so, either he has a really terrible memory (and his memory isn't the best... and the way the teams were chosen, this isn't inconceivable) or he wants to surprise me somehow. :p he's done it before... he tried to keep details about Jillian a secret from me, becasue though he told me there would be a character named after me, he wanted her first appearance to be a surprise for me. he only told me stuff after i pieced together details from other things he said, and guessed right about where she came from. I'll wear him down. :p and she would be a suiting replacement for a character he almost got, but they changed their minds about last second.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Well, this explains why we didn't see hide nor hair of the Jillian we all knew and loved when everyone was fleeing the "bamfing" dimension in the latest episode. I was wondering what was going on there (though considering how things have been going lately, I was about to chalk it up to another continuity glitch).

I'm sure this will all be made clear eventually, but why did Morrison's abrupt departure throw such a spanner into the works? I thought that Jill and the Draco arc had been planned before Morrison went. Did he leave loose ends that made some of the Arc (as originally plotted) impossible, and Chuck had to re-write at breakneck speed? (That might explain the, to me, rushed look of part 6....)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

rushed look of part 6 comes from the fact that the art had fallen WAY behind schedule and they had to get a literally last-minute replacement to get it back on some semblance of a schedule. but i have not read part 6... what everyone talks about does not sound like the ending Chuck originally described to me jsut 2 months ago. he told me then that [spoiler]Jillian fights her way out of the dimension. and also that Kurt and Azzy fight.[/spoiler]

i THINK Draco was unaffected. Jillian getting TOGETHER with Kurt was a long term plan, and would have been slow to develop. Kurt would have not liked her, at first, and then slowly.... but Morrison leaving when he does, the books and teams get all shuffled around before that can happen, now. she may just fall through the cracks. hasn't been around long enough to worry about in the editors minds.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What a shame. Well all characters leave their mark in cards or websites so as long as people liked her and want to see more she'll be back eventually. If not Chuck, then someone will revive her and bring her into the stories again. (if she goes...which will suck beyond all suckiness)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Awww...that's a shame about Jillian...I was just beginning to like her...well...there's always fanfics I suppose...

BTW...a little :offtopic ...but is that Monty Python's killer bunny?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

close, but it's actually a Vorpal Bunny from Quest for Glory 4.... an old computer game. no doubt the Vorpal Bunnies were inspired by Monty Python, though. it does also have the Dead Parrot Inn, in games 2 and 5, complete with dead parrot, and when you look at it you get a take on the Monty Python sketch :p also has a few other Monty Python references... but mostly Hitchhiker references... a lot of the perfect cup of tea references, and answring 'what is the meaning of life?' correctly means answering '42' with no prompting whatsoever...

ah, hell. the whole thing is derivative of something. Casablanca, Monty Python, Marx Brothers, Three Stooges, HHGTG, Cthulu, Frankenstein, to name a few off the top of my head... (and it's in a medieval setting. figure that one out) it's all there. all mashed together into something that manages to be amazingly fun and actually makes sense.... atleast i think so.

and, well, comic 'me' may have had her moment in the spotlight but there is still 'Ryan' to look forward too! he's in the next arc ;)