X-Force General Discussion Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

For those who haven't seen them, here are previews of Uncanny X-Men: First Class Giant-Size Special #1:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... disp=table

And Uncanny X-Men: First Class #1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... disp=table
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

So, help me out here, are Uncanny First Class and X-Men: Forever some kind of retelling of the formative years of the "new" team?

Because this story does not fit in ANYWHERE with what I read a few months ago.

A few months ago, Madelynne Pryor had just invaded the X-Men's home base in SAN FRANSISCO, stole a lock of Jean Grey's hair, and scooted. All Nightcrawler did in that was get saved by Elixir, and wake up screaming "Look out, Piotr! Mein Gott, you've healed me!"

(P.S. WTH Wolverine DIES????)

[Edited on 8/9/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Uncanny X-men: First Class begins some time after UXM#101, when the Phoenix first appears, and after UXM#108, when Logan is punched into orbit by Jahf, and after Lilandra arrives to stay at the mansion in #109, but before Xavier and Lilandra leave Earth in UXM#118, and Banshee loses his sonic scream in UXM#119. It is rather like the old Classic X-Men series, telling untold stories in continuity.

X-Men: Forever is, in essence, an alternate time-line. It has nothing to do with anything that happened after X-Men #3.

[Edited on 10/8/09 by neling4]

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Thanks for the info!

Heh heh... so let's say that, theoretically, I have enough money at the end of each month to buy three comic books a month. Which three X-related titles would give me the most 'Crawler action? :naughty

Lol... see, my friend usually buys my comics... but I'm getting so impatient with the fact that he *forgets* to buy me X-Men I'm gonna have to start getting my own.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Definitely get Uncanny X-Men: First Class. The current arc is all about Kurt. The next arc will be about Banshee. I think all the arcs in this series will be good.

X-Men: Forever has Kurt, but he is not the focus at the moment. Who knows what will unfold there, with Logan dead? I hope Mr. Claremont doesn't just keep focusing on Storm and Jean and Kitty and Rogue. I believe the next two arcs will focus on Colossus and Jean, so Kurt will not be featured in the near future.

X-Men: Noir is adding Kurt, Peter and Ororo to their line-up of characters in December:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=22200

There's more: X-Babies and Manga, but I think those links are already on this forum somewhere.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Yeah, I've seen the stuff for the X-babies and the Manga... probably won't go delving into those too deeply...

Now the trouble is convincing my mom to drive me to the comic book store once a month... and finding the stupid thing. *makes mental note to hunt friend down and force him to tell her where it is*

X-Men: Noir sounds pretty cool... as do the authors!! However, I'm probably gonna by the good ol' Uncanny X-Men as well, simply because I don't wanna be out-of-the-loop on what's up with the X-Men. I like pretty much all of them: it's the team spirit that I enjoy. The interactions between these people... plus the premise of people born with special abilities hunted down because of their differences is incredible. I love the underdog.

Okay... looks like the line-up in Uncanny X-Men, X-Men: Noir, and Uncanny X-Men: First Class. That sounds pretty good.
~Def.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt's going Noir? Might have to give that a looksee...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... 1248464497

Kurt is in the upper, left-hand corner.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Wait, what? In the part where is says "MARK?"

I don't think we're seeing the same thing here.... is it just me or does Kurt's nose look like a BEAK?

Also, that looks eeeeeeevil. Just plain eeeeeeeevil. Which, somehow, is not the way I thought Noir would portray him.

[Edited on 8/11/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It says "Mark of Cain", which is the title of the arc, and Kurt is wearing a devil mask.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Oh its a MASK. My bad.

Lol, I'm excited. Just gotta find my dear friend and wrest the location of the comic store from him, convince my dear ol' mum to let me go there, then brave the dark, deadly caves of the place that will no doubt be filled with adolescent males, snatch the latest copies from beneath their lurking stares, rush for the exit and leave the money on the counter along the way.

Then I can enjoy my comic books in peace.
~Def.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

kurt should do more
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Hahahaha. JS, great comment to this thread.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Kuroro21 wrote:What Nightcrawler is actually doing is both better and worse than what is shown on the cover. Nightcrawler is travelling with Charles Xavier to find Magneto. This is better than running around in the tunnels because it puts Nightcrawler in the front row for the next plot when they do find Magneto. It is worse because until then, he is stuck on the sidelines with little action and even less panels.

Regards

Kuroro

____
dossier surendettement
I think you're talking about the plot for Uncanny X-men #487-#491, which ended a couple years ago. We're up to Uncanny X-men #516.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

love_of_bob wrote: I think you're talking about the plot for Uncanny X-men #487-#491, which ended a couple years ago. We're up to Uncanny X-men #516.
I was hoping for an update, but all I got was a laugh.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

What number is Uncanny: First Class up to now?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Have to check the ish I got yesterday, but I think it's 4.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Angelique wrote:Have to check the ish I got yesterday, but I think it's 4.
It is.

frightcrawl3r
Lubber
Lubber

what`

Post by frightcrawl3r »

LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

Well, there is another big X-event comming up this summer. (X-men: Second Comming) But It'll mainly focus on Cable. (I love Cable, so I'm totaly phyched for it) But we might get to see Kurt do -something- interesting. Maybe.
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
BitterBamfing
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BitterBamfing »

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I looked at one of the pictures they show of Nation X#1, and I'm kind of happy seeing Nightcrawler actually use his tail in a mundane task of holding a cup while he's concentrating on the phone.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

And now there is this in the February solicits:

X-MEN FOREVER #17 & 18 Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT Penciled by GRAHAM NOLAN (#17) and TOM GRUMMETT (#18) Covers by TOM GRUMMETT Special Variant by TBA (#17 & #18) For our Salem-based X-Men, you’d think a trip to the South would be all buttermilk biscuits and bacon. But in issue 17, Nightcrawler and Rogue’s journey past the Mason-Dixie line puts them in the crosshairs of a familiar face known for her feminine…do we really need to say it? And in issue 18, X-Legend Chris Claremont takes us behind the visor in a special spotlight story that will change the way you look at Cyclops! Don’t miss this classic tale of the original X-Man! 32 PGS.(each)/Rated A…$3.99 (each)
And this:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... CAIN_3.jpg
X-MEN NOIR: MARK OF CAIN #3 (of 4) Written by FRED VAN LENTE Pencils & Cover by DENNIS CALERO Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO "'Herr Wagner, here, started out in the circus before becoming the top second-story man in Europe. "'And don’t let Comrade Rasputin’s size fool you. It’s his artistic talent the Bolsheviks want to ship him to Siberia forâ€

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

:dance

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Man, can't wait for Dec. 9!!!! Nation X sounds awesome! plus the legacy issues and all!

And, OMG a Nightcrawler ORIGINS!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fangirl ranting done now.

(P.S. Is it just me, or does everybody look like they want to KILL Kurt in this image??? http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_ ... 1258150369 I mean, what could he POSSIBLY have done or said to have them all looking at him like that?)

[Edited on 11/17/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]

[Edited on 11/17/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.