X-Force General Discussion Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

1. Draco arc retcon undone (maybe). Check.

2. More Nightcrawler/Wolverine stories. Check.

3. Possible interaction between Kurt and his mommy:
in issue 17, Nightcrawler and Rogue’s journey past the Mason-Dixie line puts them in the crosshairs of a familiar face known for her feminine…do we really need to say it?
I guess sometimes it does pay to be annoying.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

in issue 17, Nightcrawler and Rogue’s journey past the Mason-Dixie line puts them in the crosshairs of a familiar face known for her feminine…do we really need to say it?
...crosshairs....hmmm.....
So she shoots Kurt in the first panels and then has tea with Rogue for the rest of the issue where they come to terms with their deep mother/daughter relationship [*cue violins*].

(Ignore me.....I'm in one of those moods.):rolleyes

------------------------------------------------

Hey, Neling....you either got thru to the Marvel gods, or you're psychic.....one of the two!

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I think I annoyed them so much, they knew there was only one way to stop me. Perhaps the write-in campaign was the last straw. I've been bugging Mr. Quesasda about the Draco on every forum I found him on for the last four years or so.

I know what you mean about Rogue. I wish she weren't even in the story. Kurt needs some Mommy/son time...without Rogue.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Though wouldn't it be delightfully twisted (and so Mystique) if she revealed to Rogue that Kurt always was her favorite kid?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I must've missed the retconning part. And no way could it have happened so fast in response to the Neling Nag Campaign, right? But maybe I am naive about this kind of thing. Either way, it is fantastiche that there will be mucho Crawlage in issues to come. Even if all the people are staring at him with incredulity or hostility. Maybe, um, he did something so crazy-brave they can't believe it. :D

At any rate, it felt good to write to the Marvel execs. Good thing I didn't put in how I felt about recent Spidey stuff. I'll leave the a$$-whuppin' on that part to Ty. :shifty
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Oh, I flat out refuse to read Spidey after what they did to him and his marriage. The Hero with a Faustian Pact schtick belongs to Ghost Rider.

But I take comfort in knowing that Nightcrawler had the guts to give Mephisto all he deserved.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Well, the "Neling Nag Campaign" has been going on for several years now, so it wasn't that fast at all.

Maybe Kurt is telling them what he thinks of them. You would think that when your best friend is falling to the earth, you would at least try to catch him, but no, Logan and Colossus just stand around looking dumb.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Oh, sorry, I was thinking of the retcon Draco arc letter-writing thing, not all the time you put in at Marvel forums, etc. My bad for not being more specific.

As for Logan and Colossus, well, Forrest Gump might have a saying about them ....
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It makes me happy to think that we had something to do with the decision, so I'm going to believe that it did. Who knows? Maybe they heard about our letter writing campaign and decided that was the last straw, and just gave in. I did advertise it a bit over on the Marvel forums. Maybe it was knowing that it wasn't just one annoying little old lady who wanted this change that pushed them over the edge.

[Edited on 19/11/09 by neling4]

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Hurray for nagging fans!!!

Looks like people have finally started to realize that Kurt has a following!

But still, those looks of disgust... I'm hoping he said something about acceptance and forgiveness and the X-Men just can't handle it.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phoenixincarnate »

About what was said about spider mans marrage, the linkara guy aggrees with you, Indefently....is that a word?

As for why there all looking at him like that, I think its,

1) He told them something that he should have told them a while ago, or...

2) They found out that he took the last twinkie
...PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Phoenixincarnate wrote: 2) They found out that he took the last twinkie
:LOL That's it!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:Hurray for nagging fans!!!

But still, those looks of disgust... I'm hoping he said something about acceptance and forgiveness and the X-Men just can't handle it.
Nah, it's just a repeat of the last scene from the previous issue - he tells them to shoot the plane down. Those aren't looks of disgust, they're just looking grim. Land is not exactly the best storyteller. Preview with words here.
Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

love_of_bob wrote:
Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:Hurray for nagging fans!!!

Nah, it's just a repeat of the last scene from the previous issue - he tells them to shoot the plane down. Those aren't looks of disgust, they're just looking grim. Land is not exactly the best storyteller. Preview with words here.
Thats It?

I still say he took the twinkie

I apolgize for any spelling mistakes, Its kinda hard to type in a straitjacket...
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I'm done trying to figure out the stories just by using the pictures........ it doesn't work so well. I don't know if it's my fault or the artists'.

(and phoenix, he probably stole the twinkie and they all suspect him!)
~Def.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It was Hank's twinkie. You know how he loves his twinkies.:hank

Phoenixincarnate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Yeah, the mysterous patch of blue fur gave him away... :P

that and the giant clould of purple smoke....

Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Apparently he spends all day posting on twitter.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

"Fur is finally no longer poofy. I hav vorked very hard tonight. Now I zink it is time for sleeping." - why do fake germans sound like that, but not real germans?
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

steyn wrote:"Fur is finally no longer poofy. I hav vorked very hard tonight. Now I zink it is time for sleeping." - why do fake germans sound like that, but not real germans?
You'd think, even if he actually did talk like that (which he certainly doesn't, not in the recent comics anyways) he wouldn't spell it like that.
~Def.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

His typing has a stronger fake-german accent than his speaking voice.

I would think if Kurt's typing had a characteristic it would be that he hits too many keys because of his thick fingers.

"tyopdasyu io dfrtasnmkl bveerwrt/." (today i drank beer)
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

canj you imagierne how skoiw jkuirt mustr haver to type to orevent himsekf from saying the w4riong thing?

i would think he'd only ever like to write with a pencil. Typing must be exceedingly arduous for him.

Then again, if he's been doing it all his life, it's probably a little easier.
~Def.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:canj you imagierne how skoiw jkuirt mustr haver to type to orevent himsekf from saying the w4riong thing?

i would think he'd only ever like to write with a pencil. Typing must be exceedingly arduous for him.

Then again, if he's been doing it all his life, it's probably a little easier.
It can be done. I once spent some time on this and/or another forum typing every post with my fingers taped together a la Nightcrawler just to prove it possible even for someone who isn't accustomed to typing like that every day.

stupidusername
Lubber
Lubber

Post by stupidusername »

Just wanted to say hi. Been gone for a year or so. Still hoping for Kurt to be used the way he should. I haven't been collecting as much lately. Which titles should I be buying to get my Nightcrawler fix?
"It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a wealth of worthless knowledge" Huey Freeman
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

stupidusername wrote:Just wanted to say hi. Been gone for a year or so. Still hoping for Kurt to be used the way he should. I haven't been collecting as much lately. Which titles should I be buying to get my Nightcrawler fix?
I highly recommend the Kurt/Logan road trip story in Nation X #1. He was also written pretty well by Mike Carey in X-men Legacy #231. There's a Nightcrawler Origins one shot coming out the first week of March. Can't recall anything recommendable other than that for now.