X-Force General Discussion Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

I thought I had gotten it from this site's gallery of X-2 pics, but now I can only find it as a small pic on the first page of the Gallery, where the link to Movie Nightcrawler appears. I must have downloaded it from somewhere, as I have it on my computer as wallpaper.

I noticed in a book called "The Art of X-2", the same girl with very curly red hair in a photo of 6 children in Stryker's prison. However, I have not noticed her anywhere in the movie itself. She also does not appear in the group photo of all the X-Men and 5 kids standing out in the snow looking up at the X-jet.
My theory is that, for some unknown reason, the girl was dropped from the movie after filming had begun, so any place where she had appeared in a scene had been deleted even from the official "deleted scenes" in the bonus material. Possibly both of those photos had been taken as publicity stills before she was dropped, so it may have been too late to stop them from going into production in the book or the trading cards. Just a guess, of course.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

To be honest Karl, the movie is very old now and with what was made clear in "Wolverine Origins" (*shiver*), and with the "X-Men First Class" film right around the corner, most of what happened in X-men 1-3 is probably going to be dismissed pretty soon.

However; to actually address your concern, though slightly erroneous it may be (no offense), there is a novelized form of the movie you might want to check out. It has some promising cut scenes which include Angel and a few other un-seens from the film sharing cells with Kurt. The original plot was to include Cyke in a cell with Angel, which obviously didn't happen.
I'm sure many mutants passed through those doors and their names appear in the database in the scene where Mystique breaks into the computers before she lets out Eric.

[Edited on 1/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Is the novelization of X-2 that you mention the one by Chris Claremont, or is there yet another one? I did notice some differences between Chris' book and the movie, but that's not unusual in novelizations. However, I didn't see what you referred to, as far as anyone sharing a cell with Kurt, altho the rescue of the kids was given in more detail.
Do you really think the more recent X movies will dismiss what was done in the first movies? I'm used to that in comics, but not so much in movie series. Since my main interest is Kurt, I suspect the newer movies won't interest me as much as X-2 did. I do find Logan a compelling character, so will be glad to see more of him, but it just isn't the same.
BTW, never worry about offending me by correcting my misperceptions. As a newcomer to the entire X universe, I make no claim to being an expert, and am always happy to have more and better information pointed out to me.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yes, i'm 100% sure this will happen.

Like Spider-Man was *ACTUALLY* a SONY film, X-Men's final decisions were made by Fox execs, not Marvel.
Now that Marvel has their own film company, I assure you they will be calling the shots. With Spider-Man already getting a reboot, as well as Fantastic Four around the corner, and Iron Man, Cap, and Hulk all getting incredible redo's as well, it will not be long before it's all reset to the way Marvel wants it.

As for the Claremont version, yes that's it.
The sharing of Jail Cells was an abandoned script, not in the book. There's info about it somewhere on here, but like I cited, it's very very old.

Also... this thread is about what Kurt is doing in 616 CANON comics. So it would make a lot more sense to continue this conversation in another thread, preferably the one already established about X-2 Kurt. The last time we saw Kurt from MovieVerse was the X-Men Movie video game with Bobby, Logan, and Kurt as the 3 main players. And there is most definitely a thread about that somewhere. I remember being pissed about how Kurt was the only good part of the game. ^_^
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

OK, I'll see if I can find the other thread you mentioned.
Still interested in hearing the latest about Kurt in the comics though, so I'll keep an eye on this one also.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Kurt got decent screen time and good portrayal in DoomWar #1 and 2, so I suggest you all check that out. The art and writing is really good overall.

Further, Kurt appeared in Wolverine: Weapon X #11 as the designated driver on Captain America's and Logan's international pub crawl. (In return, Logan has apparently promised to go to church with him the next morning...I hope we'll get to see that happen).

He also guest-starred in Wolverine Origins #46 - not a brilliant issue, exactly, but he acts as Logan's confidante/psychiatrist as Logan gets some stuff about Mariko off his chest.

He has a somewhat prominent side role in the Pixie Strikes Back series, of which two issues have been released so far.

But mostly, don't miss his role in Second Coming. X-men: Second Coming #1 came out Wednesday and there will be a chapter coming out every Wednesday from now on. He is just finding out about X-Force and he's not happy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He has a lot of screen time in that actually, I was quite surprised.

In terms of not-canon, but still Marvel, he's the focus in the current plot in Claremont's "X-Men Forever". Just finding out about Mystique being his mommy in fact. It's a really great issue and I'm upset I haven't been following thus far, I highly suggest you pick it up.
I hear there's another "Forever" series coming soon though.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Why do you have to tell me all this when I just decided I can only buy one more comic book and must instead try to save up my money for a trip in July?

CURSE YOU, MARVEL!!! CURSE YOU, ECONOMY!!! CURSE YOU, SIXTEEN-NESS!!!

i need a job to help me with my comics obsession...
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Kurt shouldn't die. He should be the new leader of the X-Men! :D
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

GAAAAAAUGGHHHHH!!! !q@(u$#(*^$%^!!!!

NOW I REALLY WANT TO READ IT!!!!!!!!!!

... stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid....

why did i buy that $34 old man logan collection when I could've bought SECOND COMING?????
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's so Cable....

.....Maybe Emma.

But I'm like 90% sure it's Cable.

Also, I really like the Kurt/Logan relationship in this series. Seeing Kurt face Logan's darker side, and seeing his reactions to the revelation of X-Force... quite an impact in terms of Kurt-Lovers.

[Edited on 6/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:It's so Cable....

.....Maybe Emma.

But I'm like 90% sure it's Cable.
He might be the later death, but he's definitely not the first one. He was in the Second Coming Prepare one-shot, which took place after the first death, and he's also mentioned in solicits afterwards.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait.... two deaths??? And explain this prepare one-shot, please.
I don't really get how something can be a One-Shot and titled "PREPARE", and appear (from what I've seen) to clearly take place BEFORE the events, and be considered after this "first death".
I'm very confused, I haven't even seen this book on the shelves, so I really don't have any clue as to what you're talking about. From what I've been able to go on based on the deceiving ads between the pages of recent Marvel comics, and from the latest online-frenzy, the only deduction that makes *sense* is Cable or Emma. To kill anyone else would be a glorified fan-stirrer, reasonless and thus making it easily, and quickly, up for Retcon.
I have not been able to get a single link to this to this from anyone... :(
I haven't been able to find it and when I ask, I get links to other screen shots of stuff I've seen. Such as the opening of "Second Coming" ish. 1

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

This is the cover:

http://www.comicvine.com/second-coming- ... /49-31667/

Is that what you wanted to see? It was a freebie, if your LCS carried it. Mine didn't, so I drove an extra thirty miles to the next nearest shop, which did have it. That shop has never failed me yet, thank goodness.

If you want interior scans, I could link you to some or scan my own book.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Neling, I just edited my post so that it made a bit more sense.

I would love that, being I am confused how, chronologically, the title states "PREPARE" as in it takes place pre-hand, but I'm being told it in fact takes place, post-hand.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Most of the book has been posted here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/sh ... 800&page=2

I can't remember if the page with Logan is posted here or not. I'll check, and if it isn't, I'll scan mine.

Oh, and it definitely takes place after the first death, in X-Force.

[Edited on 6/4/10 by neling4]

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks love_of_bob !

There you go, Ult_Sm86. That's just about it, I think. Or, at least, all the most relevant scans.

[Edited on 6/4/10 by neling4]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Thank you for the screen shots, but I still make the argument that I don't see Cable anywhere here. Bobby, Mags, and Logan.

Also, Warpath was one of my other guesses. Though I keep calling him Thunderbird for some r-tarded reason. As you can see in the X-Force Ad though; "One Will Sacrifice" I believe it was, Warpath is not in the shot. Hmm... And Cable is... which goes against my prior idea, so it would make sense if the "First death" is Warpath, Cable takes his spot, and thus dies 'cause of that.

And when did it become official there are 2 deaths? I'm really confused about all of this. And... should we move this to the Second Coming Thread here on the Forums, being this one is about Kurt LOL :LOL

==Is on an Editing Frenzy ...==

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Okay! I just posted my link to your thread. :)

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Thank you for the screen shots, but I still make the argument that I don't see Cable anywhere here. Bobby, Mags, and Logan.
Oh, he was in there, alright. He had a scene with Hope, where they were trying out guns. If you keep reading the thread, they're talking about the scene.
Further evidence that it's not Cable can be found in the Uncanny X-men #525 solicit:

UNCANNY X-MEN #525
Written by MATT FRACTION
Penciled by TERRY DODSON
Cover by ADI GRANOV
Variant by DAVID FINCH
“SECOND COMINGâ€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

How is he the most likely candidate? I thought the person had white skin and a watch?
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:a watch?
Image inducer.

EDIT: I'll also explain the logic behind that prediction.

Of the candidates to die, the one who dies has to be someone Wolverine would call a friend.

Kurt's also one of the few X-men who hasn't died in recent memory.

He's also the one the most morally outraged by the discovery of X-force's murderspree, so his death will either a.) get his silly virtue out of the way so the X-men can continue being morally ambiguous quasi-villains or b.) cause the X-men to reassess their position and continue to follow the ideal dream in his honor, ushering in the Heroic Age Marvel keeps telling us about.

[Edited on 7/4/10 by DreadPirateBluetail]