This is sort of silly

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

This is sort of silly

Post by kurtlover »

True, and besides i'm not big fan of N*SYNC as you Lucy.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

This is sort of silly

Post by Slarti »

No me gusta N'SYNC. bleh.

I was looking though my stories for that X-Day debacle when I found this section from Shadow Man. I thought it was an appropriate little aside to this conversation:

"The stereo blared on the retro station as he passed over the state line into Georgia. "'When I was young I thought of growing old, of what my life would mean to me. Would I have followed down my chosen road? I only wished what I could be." He sang it loud and off-key, the tinted windows giving him the freedom to make a fool of himself singing and drive without his image inducer on. "Kyrie elaison down the road that I must travel, kyrie elaison through the darkness of the night. Kyrie elaison where I go, when will you follow..."

He guarded the secret that he couldn't sing well, hiding it behind jokes as he did so many things. When he sang in English, his accent dropped away, leaving his voice sounding odd to himself, and singing in German rewarded him with funny looks from his teammates.

Bobby had once, with his usual tactlessness, told him he sounded like he was gargling a cat. He ignored the jibes and made sure he sang as loudly and hideously as possible in the shower whenever Bobby was near. He tried to butcher whatever song Bobby had been listening to over and over in his room that week. That could be why he always thought I was a bit odd. He snickered."

Anybody heard that song?
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

This is sort of silly

Post by Tabitha »

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Even if he did try to sing, he'll definintely sing off key. If he get some singing lessons, then his voice will rock. But, it will take him years though.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

This is sort of silly

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Slarti
No me gusta N'SYNC. bleh.

I was looking though my stories for that X-Day debacle when I found this section from Shadow Man. I thought it was an appropriate little aside to this conversation:

"The stereo blared on the retro station as he passed over the state line into Georgia. "'When I was young I thought of growing old, of what my life would mean to me. Would I have followed down my chosen road? I only wished what I could be." He sang it loud and off-key, the tinted windows giving him the freedom to make a fool of himself singing and drive without his image inducer on. "Kyrie elaison down the road that I must travel, kyrie elaison through the darkness of the night. Kyrie elaison where I go, when will you follow..."

He guarded the secret that he couldn't sing well, hiding it behind jokes as he did so many things. When he sang in English, his accent dropped away, leaving his voice sounding odd to himself, and singing in German rewarded him with funny looks from his teammates.

Bobby had once, with his usual tactlessness, told him he sounded like he was gargling a cat. He ignored the jibes and made sure he sang as loudly and hideously as possible in the shower whenever Bobby was near. He tried to butcher whatever song Bobby had been listening to over and over in his room that week. That could be why he always thought I was a bit odd. He snickered."

Anybody heard that song?
so that makes three of us hehe.

that's cool Slarti i've never heard that song but the way you described the scene i got the whole big picture! :)
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by Tabitha »

I'm going to ask Dave and see what he thinks. Maybe he can settle this debate.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

This is sort of silly

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

nighty can sing! Of course, he can! what can't he do...besides play piano....put his hand on a hand roconizer, walk in the streets wiht out a holo-emitter....ok, so he can't do it all, but he can sing!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

This is sort of silly

Post by kurtlover »

do you think he can play the guitar with such fingers? :?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

This is sort of silly

Post by Slarti »

He'd have a hard time, I imagine. Just like typing or dialing a cell phone, anything that requires small fingers or lots of fingers.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by Tabitha »

If Nightcrawler can sing, I would like to hear him sing "One Song" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

*breathes deep and yells*

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

This is sort of silly

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

Originally posted by kurtlover
do you think he can play the guitar with such fingers? :?
on the subject of three fingers, how do you think he'd hold up in a japanese restaurant?:D:LOL:;)
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by Tabitha »

Like he could handle chop sticks....Dave,
I know you're out there and I just left a time bomb in your lasangna. *chuckles evily*
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

This is sort of silly

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Tabitha
If Nightcrawler can sing, I would like to hear him sing "One Song" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
Um.... why? Besides, even if he can sing, I don't think his mutations include the ability to sing higher pitched than can be heard by human ears.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by Tabitha »

Cause, it will be great if he did. "One Song" is so romantic, especially when the Prince sang it to snow White. I guess I wanted Kurty to sing it to me.

Dave, you better check your lasangna. Heee hee heee.
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by KF »

I just thought I'd add this --> http://www.geocities.com/kfelidae/1.mp3

Dude, if he sang THAT high... *falls over, laughing*

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Phil Hunn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

This is sort of silly

Post by Phil Hunn »

Originally posted by Tabitha
Like he could handle chop sticks....Dave,
I know you're out there and I just left a time bomb in your lasangna. *chuckles evily*
Hey, Kurt seemed to manage chopsticks just fine in the issue of X-Men Unlimited he guest-starred in recently (the Kitty Pryde one where she met that cop who looked like Colossus). He and Kitty ate Chinese together and talked about life in general. It was cute ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

This is sort of silly

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Slarti
He'd have a hard time, I imagine. Just like typing or dialing a cell phone, anything that requires small fingers or lots of fingers.
ditto! even I had problems with that damn small calculators and celular phones.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by Erynne »

on the subject of three fingers, how do you think he'd hold up in a japanese restaurant?:D:LOL:;)
I think he'd stab whatever it was he was trying to eat with his tail and eat it...hee hee
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

This is sort of silly

Post by Crawler »

It only takes three fingers to eat with chopsticks. :p
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

This is sort of silly

Post by Garble »

Maybe that's why so many 5 fingered people have trouble with it.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

This is sort of silly

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

NAw, it's easy! Or if all fails, use my little brothers method, stab the damn thing!
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

This is sort of silly

Post by jogurt »

Actually I believe he can do nearly everything fine with his fingers because most of job neends just 3 finger and he is get used with to have. And the dialing and so on woudld work fine when he uses the right technics :)
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

This is sort of silly

Post by Crawler »

He just needs big buttons! I only type with two fingers on each hand...why couldn't he?
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

This is sort of silly

Post by T.J. Wagner »

I’ve only heard Alan sing in Annie when I watched it with a kid I baby-sat for, but I didn’t know he was going to play Kurt at the time. He has really has a good singing voice, but MAYBE Darren Hayes could supply Kurt’s singing voice. He was the lead singer of Savage Garden and he sings with a hint of his accent. His voice can go high or low (but I don’t think I could see Kurt singing really high) and it’s really soothing and romantic (my sister LOVES Savage Garden). He sings a lot of loves songs and that’s what I could see Kurt singing the most.

What kind of music does Kurt listen to anyway????? I don’t see him listening to punk or pop. I mean do we really know his favorite group, his favorite movie, etc.??? Kitty is a Star Wars fan, but what about Kurt? I’ve always wondered about this.
* The Light of Evenstar * Guitar Picks (A Chamber Messageboard) *

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"
-Nightcrawler (X-Treme #18)

Feeling Blue?
:mystique: :bamf: :nocturne: