Nightcrawler's powers to be explored!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well i've been up to my favourite passtime of late: bugging Chuck Austen! :D it's fun, you all should try it. :p

anyway he has this to say on Kurts powers:

Originally posted by Nightcrawler-0
Hey Chuck-
Early on, Nightcrawler had the power to fade into shadows, becoming nearly invisible (with the exception of a faint outline, and maybe his eyes) but at other times writers have dismissed this power, simply blaming it on the dark coloring of his fur. What's your stance on this power?

I found it interesting, but it's a hard power to do much with. Invisibility goes against the idea of a visual medium. If he disappears in shadow, then what about darkness? What about twilight? I prefer to see him. I like him. ;)

Originally posted by Bamfette
btw Chuck. minor quibble. this is very very anal and nit-picky, like i mean *incredibly* nit-picky.... but i noticed it upon reading your issues again a couple days ago.... he only goes 'BAMF' upon the first half of a teleport... him re-appearing is silent. see, it is the sound of air rushing in to fill the vaccum left by the suddenly absent mass of his body and all... so him re-appearing would not create the sound.... i told ya it was nit-picky! :p

That is nit-picky, and I may have to disagree with you OH NO! Run for the hills! SUMMER SAUSAGE COMING!

I'm in the process of defining Kurt's powers and dealing with some big stuff for the little Nightcrawler, like what the dimension is where he goes to move from place to place, etc.

The way we're handling it is the BAMF sound comes from the actual opening of the portal itself, the escaping atmosphere of that place, and the rapid closing of same portal, so the BAMF appears on both ends. At leat, that's how we're doing it, now. It may have been different in the past. And the smoke comes through from that other place where Kurt goes.

It's that sci-fi edge in me. Things have to make sense in my mind as to how the mechanics work, and that led to an interesting story, so we're going in that direction.
so we are gonna see his teleportation ability especially explored! possibly put to rest once and for all just what dimension he ports through? iiiiiiintersting..... ;)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Y'know... I always thought the "Bamf" happened at both ends...

I mean, there's fire and brimstone at both ends, so it seems like the sound would be there too.
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by Tabitha »

I heard the reason why it smelled like fire and brimstone is because of the Dark Dimension he crosses through.

And I agree on the BAMF thing. It's just a sound of the portal opening. They were showing that in X-Men Evolution: Shadowdance. When they, ah, improved his teleportation.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Yeah.. Maybe Chuck will use those Evo Dino-Demons (Which for some reason I've come to call "Bambis"
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Cool. Hey, I was wondering, Bamfette, have you tried to get Austen to join us here at Nightscrawlers? Possibly getting his own forum?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*pictures Dave and Chuck eyeballing each other suspiciously, :sausage:s at the ready* I dunno about that. We've got The Creator captive, let's just keep him!

We ought to send Chuck that issue from Excalibur where Alan Davis tried to explore Kurt's powers... just as a suble kick in the ass. :D

I thought the BAMF was on both ends as well. :huh: And I thought he traveled through the Darkforce Dimension. He got possessed in there once too, y'know.
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

Hey!!!!! Cool!!!!!

Which Excalibur issue, Slarti?
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Slarti

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Originally posted by Slarti
*pictures Dave and Chuck eyeballing each other suspiciously, :sausage:s at the ready* I dunno about that. We've got The Creator captive, let's just keep him!
I agree with you! Chuck still has to earn his own forum (which he might if he marries Nightcrawler - with the right girl)...
I thought the BAMF was on both ends as well. :huh: And I thought he traveled through the Darkforce Dimension. He got possessed in there once too, y'know.
You're right I remember that one, although I wouldn't mind to see more of the Darkforce Dimension!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jogurt »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Yeah.. Maybe Chuck will use those Evo Dino-Demons (Which for some reason I've come to call "Bambis"
Bambis? because they are soo cutie? (you should devinitivly date with my sister then...she say: Oh what " cutie!" too.
I thought my whole life it must be a bamf on both sides...it makes more sence but...
*shrugs* :bamf:
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler_o63
I agree with you! Chuck still has to earn his own forum (which he might if he marries Nightcrawler
:shocked:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler_o63
- with the right girl)...
Oh...
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

:laugh: I didn't see that one coming...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Tabitha »

Hmm....married to the right girl, huh? Maybe the girl will accept him for his heart, not his appearance?

Whoa! He was possesed when he was in the Dark Dimension? How the heck did that happen?!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

oh come on i can't be the only one to remember the big ol Claremontian description of how he was silent upon re-appearing? i know i'm not imagining it.

he meant to me, Tabby :p Chuck was kidding around (or was he?) about naming Kurt's girlfriend after me :D

Ithink Chuck has been here, but was jsut lurking. i havent invited him here outright, but i have dropped hints. who knows, maybe he has. he is ofcourse QUITE welcome to his own forum here, wether he names the character after me or not :p
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

If I recall correctly, during my runs on the book there was a puff of smoke and brimstone on Kurt's arrival, but I don't think the 'bamf' sound effect was used except on the first half of a 'port.

But my brain is swiss cheese these days, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

woot! I wasn't imagining it! :D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by jogurt
Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Bambis? because they are soo cutie? (you should devinitivly date with my sister then...she say: Oh what " cutie!" too.
I thought my whole life it must be a bamf on both sides...it makes more sence but...
*shrugs* :bamf:
Actually, I called them Bambi's because shortly thereafter I remembered my Government teacher telling some stories about calls he got when he was a selectman in his town. One of them was "Someone's dog just ate Bambi!" Don't ask how I connected the two........
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Excalibur #83...part 1 of the Soul Sword Trilogy...he was possessed by a guy named Gravemoss...the guy immediately ahead of Margali on the Winding Way...he was after the Soul Sword...made 'Kurt' really nasty too :evil:
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
If I recall correctly, during my runs on the book there was a puff of smoke and brimstone on Kurt's arrival, but I don't think the 'bamf' sound effect was used except on the first half of a 'port.

But my brain is swiss cheese these days, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

:bamf:
Originally posted by Bamfette
woot! I wasn't imagining it! :D
Yup it's always been that way. It's annoying to change it now imho,:P
but then now maybe I'm just being nitpicky too!:laugh:
and I'm gonna be even more nitpicky.:P
I like the transparent blending in to shadows thing. At any rate that's one of his powers. Well not really powers well yeah but he can't control it but anyway... It's almost like if they changed his height or something. I guess you could just figure the way it all works or whatever I'm trying to say is different now but still. Okay I really need to go to sleep. *Scolds self for staying up when she's about to conk out at any moment and can't even think straight ( as if that's anything new:rolleyes: ): "Bad! Bad Lucy! No blueberry cheescake for you!":P*
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

I always thought that BAMF happened at both ends too.

Well, you learn something new every day, dont ya?

I hope they do explore his powers. that would be great :D
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal