Ultimate Nightcrawler's return

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by wolviechickie »

alright den
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

allright what? Wolviechickie, i saw the now deleted topic of your '400 posts, and this posting spree of y ours leads me to think you were jsut upping your post count to reach that mark. i would like to remind you of a couple rules here:

3. Think before you post. You should always reread what you're planning on posting at least once before you post it. Make sure it says what you mean it to say and try to make it an intelligent and contributing response to the discussion. Also, try to get all your comments up to that point in the discussion into your one post instead of posting after yourself multiple times. Don't be afraid to go back and add to your post later if you think up something new.

4. Don't post for the sake of posting. No one is impressed by your post count if your posts are worthless. Again, this should go without saying with Rule #3, but here it is anyway.

please try to add something intelligent to discussions in the future.... no one cares about how many posts you have.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

Originally posted by wolviechickie
Is dat Dr Cornelius from Weapon X?
Yup, he's the one that messed around with Beast in the Ultimate 'verse and made him blue.
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

Man, issue #24 supposively comes out November 13th...but there's still no sign of Nightcrawler....not on future covers or anything. I really hope he appears again. I was thinking that, aside from the rumors, he'd be in the series because of the whole "Hellfire and BRIMSTONE" title. Then again, I guess we can't give up on him yet, I mean, the Hellfire club hasn't really been addressed yet either. :ooh: Let's just hope he shows up...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Amen bamfette! Nightyneeds some ult. Time! We want more nighty? And what is this I'm hearing about spidey (ult.) gettin' cancelled, and I stil go to marvelcomics.com and see spidey *ult.) covers. With VENOM! WOO HOO! VENOM IS BACK! AWRIGHT!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Well, it doesn't look too hopeful for the return of Ult. Kurt within this arc. I know for a fact that Angel has been pushed back to the next arc...and, IIRC, Millar had said that Angel and Nightcrawler would be in the same arc (maybe same group).

The only encouraging tidbit is the fact that we haven't seen the cover to #24 yet...
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
ebamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ebamf »

*bounces up and down* ooo ooo ooo

I hope he comes back. I loved his character in Ultimate.

-ebamf
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I've pretty much given up on him ever being back in Ultimate X-Men (though..Wizard said something about another team...an underground school or something)...so I'm writting my own story...

Weirdly...it's gonna have Angel in it too...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i was so sure he's be back this arc :( but then the Hellfire Club has barely been mentioned either, i suppose he *could* show up the very end, but it Is kinda doubtful :(
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

I'm having my doubts about him coming back too...maybe we should send protest letters to Marvel and demand that the put him back in the series....as a regular!!!!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Get used to it. Millar's been saying Angel's gonna appear in the book since issue #16 and keeps changing his mind. :(
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Isn't Miller leaving?

Maybe then we'll get some decent new characters...decent to the Kurti obssessed that is ;)

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I almost hope he doesn't come back so I don't have to spend the money on the comics... :P
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

:mad: *brandishing axe* Oh no Drastic, I SOOO did not hear you say that....

(ack! i'm joking! i'm joking!):oops:
crawler_17
Lubber
Lubber

Post by crawler_17 »

Is Ultimate Crawler going to be able to speak some english this time 'round? I hope so the language barrier thing is kinda weird.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hope remains....

http://x-mencomics.com/xfan/forums/show ... post332914

posted by Dave Finch:
I'm not quite finished with my first issue yet, and bamfs certainly can't be ruled out yet. Actually I know for sure whether or not there'll be Nightcrawler in there, but I'm not telling. Teehee.
oh, we will get Dave to spill the goodies.. :evil: my thoughts on the matter are if Kurt WASN'T there, he would have just said so, tho...
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Oh I wish it was 100% certain that Nightcrawler was coming back into Ultimate – but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I know it makes sense to bring him in now, seeing as he’ll be in the movie, but....

I have been waiting to see Kurt return to Ultimate since forever. I’d love to see some interaction between Ultimate Kurt and Ultimate Kitty. Makes me long for the old Excalibur days.

There are a couple of things I hope don’t happen if Kurt where to come back into the title:

Kurt and Scott suddenly becoming friends. I liked how Kurt wasn’t really impressed with Scott (and didn’t he call him an idiot at one point?).

And I don’t want Kurt and Logan to be buddies either – at least not at the moment, unless they bond over their dislike of Scott.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

'crawlie's comin' back?????!!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love:
i might just start buying Ultimate again!:D
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Erynne »

It's not for sure, littlebamf, but let's hope so :) Think he'll still have black fur? Was that something that Weapon X did to him? It doesn't make sense. If they didn't want a blue mutant, then why'd they make Beast blue?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i think they made him black BECAUSE Beast was gonna be blue. to avoid having two blue guys running around... also they were playing up his shadow based powers and the black colour played into that... it was either Millar or Kubert who actually wanted him to be a silhouette where you could just see his eyes and mouth, and the rest was pitch black. but it was decided that would restrict facial expressions and such, so they lightened him up some...

anyway! I am with Magic Rabbit (as usual) we need more interaction between Kurt and Cyke and NOT friendly interaction either! thier antagonistic relationship was one of te best parts of the entire time Nighty was there! :D
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

When it comes to Kurt/Scott relations, I strongly suggest more frying-pan-across-the-back-of-the-skull action. Not that I don’t like Scott or anything. ;) ;)

About Nightcrawler having almost black fur: I remember MM and AK mentioning something about Kurt’s mutation being able to absorb light, that’s why he blends into shadows. So since the color black absorbs all light and colors, it made more sense to darken him up so that he could conceivably merge into darkness.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by Bamfette
i think they made him black BECAUSE Beast was gonna be blue. to avoid having two blue guys running around... also they were playing up his shadow based powers and the black colour played into that... it was either Millar or Kubert who actually wanted him to be a silhouette where you could just see his eyes and mouth, and the rest was pitch black. but it was decided that would restrict facial expressions and such, so they lightened him up some...

anyway! I am with Magic Rabbit (as usual) we need more interaction between Kurt and Cyke and NOT friendly interaction either! thier antagonistic relationship was one of te best parts of the entire time Nighty was there! :D
ya took the words right ouuta my mouth!
it would be good to see some bad boy kurt for a change;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

he IS returning!!!

Posted by Mark Millar mere minutes ago at the latest Millar Hour!
Nightcrawler is the only returning hero in the final arc. It's crowded enough as it is... which is a shame because I liked Angel. Oh, aye-- and Gambit's there too.
http://forums.millarworld.biz/showthrea ... genumber=6

:D
Miqque
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Miqque »

Blast you, Bamfette! Can you guess what i was coming here ot post? :LOL:

I think Mark learned a lot from the Hellfire Club arc. Like, it could have all been told in the most recent issue? Loved Adam Kubert's work this time, the opening splash, the two Phoenixes, and the ear-to-ear grin on pore ol' unsuspectin' Chuck.

I like it so much better when I have an idea of why issues are written the way they are, and I optimistically keep thinking we learn from our errors and duds. Likely why Dave disliked it so much, I can't really say it "flowed" traditionally at all, rather seemed jerky and detached, yet so unbelievably tight on the recent issue it was like from a whole different person.

Glad you made it!
Miqque
Miqque On The Web
A Sailor On The Seas of Fate
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Looks like I won't be dropping it after all...:D