Ultimate Nightcrawler's return

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

*bumpsies*

So, I was at the comic shop today and flipped briefly through the latest issue. To my surprise, the X-Men actually appear on the final page. Can you believe that? :toothy

Not only that, but...duh duh DUH...[spoiler]Kurt was with them in a pseudo-Cockrum costume in black and gold[/spoiler]. Worth a brief look if you have the time. Just wanted to keep you all in the know
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ach! You MUST scan this if you got it, Rex! *curious, and bawling at the fact of no good X-comics for me...*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by MabusRex »

Originally posted by Siona
Ach! You MUST scan this if you got it, Rex!
Nope. Don't own it. As I said, I just flipped through it quickly. I'm sure someone here's bought it, though.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Did he look like the fourteen year old they originally said he was? Last time I saw him in Ultimate (can't remember the issue) they had him serving champagne (looking kinda dorky) and seeming like he was supposed to be older than Kitty and Bobby (I think it was Bobby asking him for a drink???).

TKD
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I wondered about his true age too. In the Ultimate gallery here, there's a pic of him driving a CAR. :?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

So if Kurt was driving a car, he'd probably be around 16-24 I think, unless he's driving underaged.
Yma
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Yma »

Pictures Scene:
"Mr Wagner, we've come to arrest you. No, it's not because you look blue and demonic, no, it's not because your a mutant, no, no the millions of dollars property damage you've caused arn't a problem. What, those deaths? Oh, I'm sure they weren't your fault. No, Mr Wagner, we've come to arrest you because... we think you've been driving underage!"
I currently lack a witty signature. Isn't it tragic?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Siona
Ach! You MUST scan this if you got it, Rex! *curious, and bawling at the fact of no good X-comics for me...*

~Siona
I'll scan it when I get it but it won't be for a few weeks...unless I can pick up a copy at Supanova this weekend...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I've got the page(s) of importance scanned here:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/ima ... spread.jpg
(I don't think the book was trimmed too perfectly because the spread image doesn't line up quite right)

and a closer look at the reason I scanned it here:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/ima ... rawler.jpg
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Dave would be pleased - his *original* yellow costume finally makes it into the comix pages.

With a few necessary adjustments, but still...
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

i hate this picture. i don't mind the costume (i think the nod towards the original is cool) but the face really doesn't fit w/ the body. i like the way Finch drew him before, and the way Kubert drew him. i even like the upcoming ultimate cover with Kurt, but this picture just disturbs me. Also (even though i have liked the previous images) i think Finch is drawing the 14 year old Kurt just a bit old in the face (and we know he can draw younger people well- just look at spiderman).
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

VERY nice! Dave Finch kicks total ass. it is nice to see an updated variation of the classic returning :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Hm. I never liked the old costume except for the way the colors matched, but this one is fairly good.

:) : It goes vith my eyes! :naughty

~Siona

-- SheCat.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I like the old costumes! Except for Iceman, because he looks likes he's nude. Maybe his ice shell formed over his clothes. :?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

ooh..im very fond of the yellow costume...now i may have to pick up ultimate (all i have is #13 & #14...big suprise)

what i cant wait to see is, if its true, Ultimate Dazzler... i read she was gonna make an appearance...hopefully its true...i liked her
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
I like the old costumes! Except for Iceman, because he looks likes he's nude. Maybe his ice shell formed over his clothes. :?
I always thought this too; he seems to wear a good number of baggy clothes...so if the ice is on top of his clothes, wouldn't you see like the creases of the fabric where it ended and skin began? :?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Why is Kitty there? She's not supposed to go on missions. Her parents are gonna be pissed! And who's flying the plane?

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Now that's a good question, who is flying the plane and how the heck did Kitty get there. Also, Kurt does look waaaay too old - as well as rather unattractively weathered to be honest. (Although not as unattractive as he looks in the current Uncanny stuff, so I won't complain too much).
TKD
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Well...poor widdle Kurt WAS abducted and tortured by SHIELD for eight months...that sorta thing can age ya...

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Well...poor widdle Kurt WAS abducted and tortured by SHIELD for eight months...that sorta thing can age ya...
But he was still cute (intimidating as all hell, but cute none-the-less) at the end of the Return to Weapon X arc. He's not a cute little elf in this picture, he looks kind of like someone chiseled his face out of a low quality basalt or something. Maybe other pictures will be better, I hope.

TKD
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Agreeing with TKD, what happened there? Just how much time was spent between the Weapon X arc (where he was SUPPOSEDLY 14! :surprise) and his next appearances?!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Hurray, someone mentioned basalt!
sorry, having a geology degree (and typing this in the college's geology computer lab) means i'm especially prone to excitment when people refer/talk about/reference anything geology related. Back on topic, perhaps Finch (perhaps not knowing Kurt's age when he first drew him) is just trying to keep Kurt the same as when he first drew him. Or perhaps he was told to draw him older (the editors or writers perhaps changing his age?).
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

This could be part of the conspiracy that these comic book characters never age...even when they've been around since the '60s. :smirk

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

I was so happy to see some other X-Men in Ultimate. I was getting really tired of the Spider-Man and (shudder) Daredevil crap. If I wanted to see Spider-Man I would've bought a Spider-Man issue.

And the Kurt was huge bonus. I nearly cried in joy. As much as I like the costume, I don't think it fits in too well with the rest of the guys. He looks a little....conspicuous with all that yellow on his costume. X.x
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Booker
I was so happy to see some other X-Men in Ultimate. I was getting really tired of the Spider-Man and (shudder) Daredevil crap. If I wanted to see Spider-Man I would've bought a Spider-Man issue.

And the Kurt was huge bonus. I nearly cried in joy. As much as I like the costume, I don't think it fits in too well with the rest of the guys. He looks a little....conspicuous with all that yellow on his costume. X.x
You've got a point, but I love that style on him. And it's not like they aren't all pretty conspicuous anyway.