More Movie & Trailer News

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

from Comics Continuum:

X² producer Lauren Shuler Donner said that Alan Cumming brings the right qualities to his role of Nightcrawler.

"Nightcrawler is a spiritual figure and you had to believe that he was an outcast," Shuler Donner said. "Most of all he has a sense of humor. Alan Cumming has that extra sense of comic timing and comic inventiveness. His essence is fascinating. If youre in a room with Alan, your eyes go right to him. That works for the character.

"We needed Nightcrawler to draw you in not by his blue make-up, but by whats underneath the blue make-up, his versatility, his believability and his vulnerability.

Discussions were held as to which character would end up in the film: Gambit, Beast or Nightcrawler. According to Fox, the nod went to Nightcrawler because "the filmmakers saw the character as a symbol of intolerance, one of the key themes of the comics and the movies."

Nightcrawler will be seen in the first official trailer for X², which reaches theaters on Nov. 29.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

Nov. 29?! Whoo-hoo!!!! I SOOOO cannot wait!!!! *marks nov. 29 on all calendars* Thats, what? *starts counting* 5 days after my b/day!!! yay! The movie worlds b/day prezzie to meeeee!!!!! *rejoyces*

Cool info!!! :shocked: *rejoyces again*
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Australia or America?

(by the bye Crawler, nice "Labyrinth" reference...)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

I'd assume the Nov. 29th release date for the trailer is for American theatres...no telling when it'll be in Australia...

I thought the tidbits about his sense of humor and comedic timing was the most interesting part...he's not gonna be all broody and angsty! Woo!

(And thanks. I love that movie. If I had planned better, I'd have been Jareth for Halloween)
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*looks for Labrynth reference* :huh: :? Oh! The location! *smacks forehead*

I prefer your sig line today: "NightScrawlers: We put the 'ass' in 'class'!" :laugh:

But seriously, GREAT news! Nighty in November AND he's gonna be OUR Nighty! *does uber-happy dance*
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

COOL!!! thanks for he info!!
btw nice, Jareth for Halloween!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by kladyelf
Australia or America?
Well...seeing as we're getting the movie around the same time (mustn't brag...mustn't brag...'tis only one day afterall)...I can only assume we'll be seeing the trailer around the same time too...

Wonder what movies are opening at the end of November Down Under...?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Malice »

Thanks for the info, Crawler! This is SO great. I can't wait to see the trailer. *paces back and forth* Need to calm down before I get all hyper.. no.. t-too late... must do the hyper happy dance!! *wiggle-dance-shake-shake-shake* Now I must go hide in shame after that display. *goes and hides under the bed*
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

The minute that trailer's online, someone *MUST* post the URL so the more impoverished can see it too ^_^
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

agreed. (KAZAA!) guarantee, it'll be there in only a few weeks! (maybe my cousin can join and plave the url and etc....) :D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

ooh ooh ooh!!! Nov. 29th? hmm.... isn't that around the time that Harry Potter's coming out? or is that the 15th? Oh my goodness!! I'm on break that week!! I can go to the movies and not worry about curfew!!! Huzzah!
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

WOOO-HOOOO!!!! Thanks Crawler *hugz*
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

No prob, Panz. I was just happy that I finally got to post a news thread that was still news! :D Damn me and my usually sleeping when websites are being updated. ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

DAMNIT!

I got a list of all the movies opening down here from now until the end of the year and I want to see exactly ONE of them!

The Two Towers...

That's IT!

And it's not opening until Boxing Day!:bawl:

Might have to hang around in the lobby and watch the 'wonder wall' to see some Nighty action...or give in and go see something I normally would have waited intil it came to Pay TV to see...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D