FBI Captured Leaker

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

FBI Captured Leaker

Post by Esynthia »

http://filmonic.com/fbi-arrest-guy-for- ... -leak-2009
and
http://www.3news.co.nz/Man-arrested-for ... fault.aspx

when I found out about this, I was unbelievably happy. Not only because of what the film lost because of him, but because of what the actors lost. Being an actor, it really is irritating to me when people download illegal movies and things. We work hard to give you entertainment. And you steal some of our paycheck away? It's just rude and uncalled for.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

FBI Captured Leaker

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

KILL HIM!!!

Ok, never mind... don't kill him........

But people like that make me so freaking mad! I don't actually perform for monetary gain, all my acting is volunteer stuff but this still is guaranteed to make me flip out! I hate, hate, hate people who pirate copyrighted material -- because I know that one day that material will be mine, and I will have no say over it.

For me, it's not the paycheck cut that's the problem -- it's the principal of the thing. I don't care if you think the movie sucked donkey butt -- the people who made that movie put a whole lot of effort into it. To take their material and their hard work and tout it on the internet like a piece of underwear somebody hung up on a clothesline is just plain WRONG.

I hope they lock him away for a good long time!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

FBI Captured Leaker

Post by Freak »

I am in two mind about this. On the one side, stealing is bad, and this is stealing. On the other hand, except the big name actors and directors, all of the crew that makes a movie is being paid after the movie is done, they don't get cuts of it depending on its success. I believe a Hugh Jackman can live without the bit of extra-income.

Plus, I wonder how much the cinemas have lost with this really. Because the guys that would download this movie and watch it beforehand are the same that would download the movie afterwards when someone has ripped it off a DVD (or before that, when someone has smuggled a camcorder into a showing). It's not about the cinematic experience for them, it's just about seeing the movie for free. I doubt anyone really would earn anything from those people, in what manner ever.

It could be that my judgment is clouded by my searing hate of anything Fox and that I wish everything bad happening onto them, mind you :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!