Just the Doctor

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Just the Doctor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Saw the finale, loved it.

Without ruining too much of anything...

I wonder who's in the other 3 boxes?

Also, check out this hilarious Mini-Episode!

Albert Einstein and OODS?!

[Edited on 6/10/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Just the Doctor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I'm enjoying the new companion.

Seen a lot of complaints on the internet. No one saying outright that Clara is not great, but that the episodes have had a weird rhythm.

While I'm usually one to agree with something like that, in the case of Doctor Who? I would think you can't be more wrong. The show has its own pacing, it has a new feel to it each season (in most ways). This is not a new Doctor, no. But he's got a new reason to keep Doctor'ing and this is a great new chance for a side of 11 that we haven't seen. I'm very much enjoying it.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This season has been pretty solid in acting but some of the episodes have been a little slow. However, Saturdays' epsiode "Journey Into the Centre of the TARDIS" was really awesome. I really enjoy episodes where the Doctor's methods are called into question by the episode (not the audience because of shoddy writing).

I also really enjoy Clara in this episode. Was getting a bit tired of Amy, though I loved Rory dearly. Clara's starting to grow on me for sure.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Yes Clara took an episode or two to grow on me, but i liked the last episode and am looking forward to the 50th anniversary, and now...

We have a twelfth Doc-tor *geeky glee*
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 6691161597

Apparrently he found out on the phone, his agent called him while on set for another thing and said "hello Doctor," :D (what a greeting!)
I wonder what sort of Doctor he will be like? I haven't seen the show where he is known but I now have a mental image of Doctor's nine through eleven posing with their sonic screwdrivers with twelve jumping up and down on his yelling cusswords :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I watched "In the Loop", being I'd only seen the Pompeii episode of Dr. Who (he was in this) and it had been so long ago...

Let me just say, Peter Capaldi is hilarious as Malcom Tucker. "Fuckity-bye!" Love it. Wish he could swear like he does in that on Doctor Who. :< Oh well.

I'm still excited, though it would've been nice to get someone non white or if white, a ginger. And while I get the Moffat explanation (though a cheeky and awful crude explanation, it IS Sci-Fi, he makes the rules) I think the fans and others would be willing to accept a female Doctor.

.... But I was really pulling for a ginger.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

.... But I was really pulling for a ginger.
Wellll, just because I am incurably nice, :D

Ask and you shall recieve!
http://girl-on-the-moon.deviantart.com/ ... -376417471

Not that this is actually me or anything, just found it the other night, but until they actually do have a ginger doctor (just for the wtf or ecstatic glee moment the actor will portray - depending on the writer mind you) this will do for a stand in.

Also:
I want a house like this!
http://girl-on-the-moon.deviantart.com/ ... -381466583
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That comic is pretty interesting! Doesn't appear to be written by a British person... or at least it's writing style is very un-Doctory...
But I like it all the same. Especially the companion, Daisy. I like a companion in rain boots... Never thought of that one.
HA! Her last name is bucket! Always ready for buckets of rain?