Fringe: Making the Unbelievable, Believable

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

1) Um.. All I know is that after the experiments ended, Neena adopted Olivia. Olivia also killed her stepfather, she said so in the episode where they were trying to find that serial killer who extracted peoples memories for himself.

2) Well, bill aka William Bell is dead, we know that, seeing that the scientist dude kept mentioning it in shapeshifter episode.

3) he came back because there was still some of him still clinging to that time, and he pretty much pulled himself back into reality using the help of Subject 9
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

There's definitely something ... off about this season.
Nothing in terms of writing or acting has deteriorated, the story plot has definitely evolved the only logical way it could...

But something is definitely missing.

Also,... did Peter get smarter since he came back? :smirk it seems that way. And as far as I can tell, the show is either going to eradicate most of/the entire cast and start over... or just end.

You can't have a season 5 at this rate. Not possible.

-- EDIT FOR WIN --

Okay, scratch that.
This time-jump episode is really entertaining... I like his reactions....

[Edited on 16/11/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

"His list of previous occupations includes being a fireman, a cargo pilot, and a college chemistry professor - a position he gained by falsifying a degree from MIT. Despite this he managed to have papers published before he was exposed as a fraud. Peter's life after this remains a mystery."
Peter Bishop Fringe Wiki

I'm guessing he's naturally smart... must have gotten it from his dad.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh I always knew he was smart... but he's slowly surpassing genius-level. He used to just be really good at applying principles and theories that Walter was too addlebrained to do himself. Now he's thinking for and like Walter, as if it's a plot device so Walter can accept that it's his son (for real).

[Edited on 16/11/11 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Good point. :shifty maybe the machine he used to make the bridge made him smarter
No.Na.
Lubber
Lubber

Post by No.Na. »

I think the way peter came back is okay, I did get the impression he wasn't just "remembered" into existence again. He was ripped out of the fabric of reality and when he was; it wasn't done well enough to completely erase his influence in reality, so he was torn back in when subject 9's powers were augmented.

I'll admit this is really Dr. Who-ish reality-wality way of solving the issue of erasing someone from reality, but for fringe it works well enough.

I really want to see the next episode since i have been annoyed that the other side has been being largely ignored. i want to see what develops when peter get there. they may prolong the show by making this entire season about peter's quest to repair reality; which is still an issue since he said during this past episode that the reason her theories worked in practice was due to his return. So in effect they are actually a step back from square one right now.

[Edited on 20/11/11 by No.Na.]
For every good Intention is selfish motivation.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well... while that's all good and well...

I don't like the alternate reality. But unfortunately it's like the third child. Once it's there you can't undo it, you can't dismiss it, you have to acknowledge it. I liked the show better BEFORE the alternate universe, I think. Admittedly, it was very "X-Files", but the more and more they focus on the alternate universe the more I think of ... well...

Star Trek? Quantum Leap? HEROES....
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Fringe: Making the Unbelievable, Believable

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I have not caught ANY of the second half of this season.

I think I was left sort of jaded... but I'm hearing it has completely turned around so I guess I'll hop onto HULU at some point and grab the episodes.

Can anyone confirm the quality of this second half?