ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I thought I hated this show.
I watched a few episodes on-and-off (never really completing a single one) when I was in a relationship with my most recent ex, it was... Strange to me.

To say the least.

It doesn't get any less weird once you get into it either.
But damn does it get more endearing. There are some very touching moments to this show. I don't want to directly spoil a lot, but the detail they put into the characters (such as Ice King's backstory -- spoilers here) is just impressive. For 15 minutes they really stuff a lot in there.

And the characters get older. Finn (in the more recent seasons) doesn't fit into his clothes as well as he did in the first two seasons. He is celebrating his birthday, time actually PASSES in this show.

Believe it or not, the show takes place on post-apocalyptic earth. Yes this is the post apocalypse.

Olivia Olson voices one of my favorite characters, Marceline the Vampire Queen. It's amazing how (much like Arrested Development), re-occurring references and jokes -- such as the one in the previous link which shows up again here and a few other places) -- constantly pop back up in the show.

I've only seen the first season and most of the second, but I'm very antsy to see the rest. I really thought I would hate this show but I actually am quite impressed by it. At first glance, it's a nonsensical show that you would assume is for kids with high-amounts of ADD.

It is.

But it's more than that too. Stoners like it, sure, but again -- there's more than just eating a brownie and zoning out to the Gender Swap episodes with Fiona & Cake.

The sincere messages of friendship and good will, acceptance and non-bullying are rampant. It's just dressed up in a silly way.

But that's okay, it's still a good show.

What do you guys think?

Also, major love for Gunther the Penguin. Image.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!

Post by german_gremlin »

So I watched the commercial for it during Toy Story 3 and thought... maybe. So I watched the pilot episode and loved it! The Ice King is my favorite and yes his back story made me cry like a 2 year old.
For Halloween last year my group of friends an I went as the whole cast. I naturally went as you-know-who. :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Pictures, my friend! PICTURES! I love that! :worship good for you! Have you caught the new(est) season?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS