Dark Phoenix or no Dark Phoenix in X3?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.

Total votes: 0

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I personally think a Dark Phoenix would create a problem in the X movies. Phoenix is fine, but Dark Phoenix we all remember was a cosmic entity that cloned itself to be Jean in the first place(the real Jean was at the bottom of the ocean in a cocoon as we find out 7 or 8 years later. The movie Phoenix, to me, is heading towards the belief that this is her "second mutation" and not a cosmic entity. If this is true, then a Dark Phoenix would be impossible because she would have to die(that would be the only way I see in defeating her because she'd be out of control) and there would be no cocoon to come back from.

What do you think?
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by lonewolf »

Dark Pheonix is the coolest out of em all. She playes with fire which is soooo cool. Every guy (apart from steve, TATU2005,) likes a girl who plays with fire. Plus every film need to hav afit bird who then turns evil.
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I don't really know which I'd prefer, but I'd just like to say I've been staring at your avatar for five minutes straight. :love
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
BOO
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BOO »

For the next film? I don't think Dark Phoenix would be the best plan IMHO. It's quite obvious that Singer is trying to incorporate a sense of realism into the films, it just wouldn't make sense having watched the second film to have her being replaced by some other entity. The 'second mutation' idea seems to work far better... Having said that, you can never be sure what this director could be up to, directors have a certain God complex about them... they move in mysterious ways and want you to do everything their way, or else :LOL

P.S. bamf!nightcrawler, love the avatar.
Why no less than 50 characters per post? It's not really a problem for me 'cause I can ramble for an age... But how are you supposed to play the word association game now?
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

I think Jean should come back in X3 as Pheonix. But they should save the Dark Pheonix for X4 or something. Jean as Pheonix just doin' her thing in X3 and then maybe going dark at the very end, leaving X4 to introduce Dark Pheonix with the Hellfire Club and so forth.

She has to do some type of Pheonix activity since they showed the Pheonix outline in the lake after she saved the jet. I guess ultimately we'll just have to wait and see.

I think X3 is really gonna focus on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Sabertooth and Toad returning, and Pyro and Magneto and Mystique (maybe the Maximoff's) Now that would be fun.:D
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

ooh..yeah Muffin, I'd like to see Wanda and Pietro!
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

I hope the next movie deals with Sentinels and Gambit(have to have Gambit right TATU?) Anyway, on another forum site there are many that don't like Gambit. Why? Don't know. But I have felt sorry for him and decided to back up the sexy Cajun. I feel a slight Phoenix story is in order. More on Nighty's origin(enough with Wolvie, pleeze!) BrotherHood is fine. Love to see how Pyro reacts to his former friends.
Discordia88
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Discordia88 »

Yeah Bamf!nightcrawler...your avatar is kind of turning me on...LOL (catches the drool on the side of mouth). But, about the Phoenix issue, I think that it might be Dark Phoenix. They might have Jean Grey disoriented and confused about the transformation...which will cause her to be chaotic and destructive...and thats always intense.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Discordia88
Yeah Bamf!nightcrawler...your avatar is kind of turning me on...LOL (catches the drool on the side of mouth). But, about the Phoenix issue, I think that it might be Dark Phoenix. They might have Jean Grey disoriented and confused about the transformation...which will cause her to be chaotic and destructive...and thats always intense.

How could they display such power on the films? I mean, Storm hasn't really taken serious flight in these movies. If they cannot control her, if she turns evil, what then? I doubt anyone could defeat her. I think a cost of a Dark Phoenix battle would be very expensive to produce. Confused and lashes out at people. That would work. But an all in out battle I think wouldn't translate well on film as it did in the comics.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

your so good to me, Love the avatar by the way...although i feel dirty seeing it
Originally posted by bamf!nightcrawler
I hope the next movie deals with Sentinels and Gambit(have to have Gambit right TATU?)
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

You're quite welcome!:D
blueberrymuffin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by blueberrymuffin »

Yeah, bring on the Cajun. Just having a movie with someone saying "Cher" and with that sexy accent. OOHHH, I'll need a bucket to catch the drool. And Imagine his sexy bod under his tight uniform, ahhh, and the trenchcoat, and those piercing eyes.........*swoons*

I wanna see some more character development before they intoduce Dark Pheonix. and.......I want a whole movie for the Hellfire Club and such. Plus Ian McKellen will be in the next movie, and there really isn't a lot of Magneto in the Dark Pheonix saga. Not that they can't change it for the screen.

Hi TATU!
"I deserve sympathy for the sins of my sordid past, not scorn. Those were difficult days, I was probably very confused and out of my mind on drink or drugs. It's not always about 'good' and 'evil' Scott dear." Emma

"I can't believe what some mutants are up to right now in the privacy of their own homes." Emma (again)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

[quote]Originally posted by TATU2005
your so good to me, Love the avatar by the way...although i feel dirty seeing it

In what way? Is it because you feel like your cheating on Remy?
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

hey muffin baby!,
yes..i echo those feelings......im gonna go swoon now too (my AIM gambit icon says "but..i love you" hehehehe)

B!N, no..im just not used to being bitten by fuzzy blue guys :naughty: ....not complaining...

id also like to see Dazzler (..i say britney spears..she kinda IS dazzler..red cat suit?) in it and Archangel
Originally posted by blueberrymuffin
Yeah, bring on the Cajun. Just having a movie with someone saying "Cher" and with that sexy accent. OOHHH, I'll need a bucket to catch the drool. And Imagine his sexy bod under his tight uniform, ahhh, and the trenchcoat, and those piercing eyes.........*swoons*

Hi TATU!
Call me King!
fishstic
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fishstic »

I voted for good Phoenix, but that's not quite what I want to see ... but I don't think the Dark Phoenix Saga would work well with the tone of the other movies ... I think they should take it in a totally new direction ...

I would like to see a different Jean though. You can't die and rise from the ashes without being a completely changed person, so I'd like to see that reflected ... with or without the evilness that could be soooo cool. Like, she could be the villain in a future movie, alone or a part of the Brotherhood. Those could be fun. Or just plain be different. Since a Phoenix is reborn, she could be younger, different powers, etc. etc.

I just want it to be something new. Otherwise I'd go read the original story ...
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

What Bamf Bunny said. The movies have featured extraordinary stories grounded in universal, "real" experiences, and taking them into the realm of the utterly fantastical would rob them of their resonance.

Phoenix' struggles with her power could easily blend with this experiential palette: she is resisting the power that threatens to overwhelm her humanity. Human beings have wrestled with power since time immemorial (absolute power corrupts absolutely). just as they've struggled with being different, the other hallmark of the X-series.

Dark Phoenix could easily have a new lease on life, without the space opera. What if she seeks our sun to feed her energy, and the X-folk have to stop her?
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

I don't believe Dark Phoenix would have anything to do with the Brotherhood....she would be in it for her self-gratification. She wouldn't need any brotherhood to get what she wants. And I agree with Bamf Bunny-that avatar is sooo cute:)-no space aliens-please. Her second mutation could be no more than flight and hightened telekinesis and telepathy. The cosmic being in the comics is what caused her to have such incredible cosmic powers to consume whole worlds. Let's not forget if they have to kill her off because they cannot control her, they could NEVER bring her back.....or..... wait....they would probably figure a way tho.
alancummingfan
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Banned

Post by alancummingfan »

I accidently clicked Dark Pheonix, but I meant Good Pheonix.Even though Dark Pheonix is kick-ass, Good Pheonix is good.Honestly, I don't think X3 would be that great if all they are doing is trying to get rid of drak pheonix
Proud Member # 2 Of The We Like To Edit Club!(WLTE)
Member #7 of the The Would Kiss Nighty With The Scary Movie Teeth(WKNWTSMT).
Read My New Diary!!!!!