Were did these couples come from!?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

I've notice that a lot of Evo-Fans have been making up there own pairings with out any proof that the couples could have a CHANCE of getting together. :cracked

Examples

Rogue and Pietro: have these two ever even had a real conversation? Or even talked to each other?

Rogue and Lance: How the hell did that come up!

Kurt and Jean (I saw a fan-fic some were that had them paired!) :surprise OH! NO! NO! NO! NO! Any thing but that!

Kurt and Wanda: Okay I know that there a couple in what ever univers Nocturne comes from, but come on! If you ask me there personaltys clash to much.

Kitty and Pietro: I will admit that there are some cute scenes with these two, but theres never a fracture of romance in those scenes.

And practicly all the couples for the New Recruits I won't go into detail for those.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Ah well you know fan fic writers like to mix up the regular stew with some spice every now and again. I don't particularly mind alterative couplings as long as the stories are well written and authors give justification for characters being together. As for those listed above:
Rogue and Pietro: have these two ever even had a real conversation? Or even talked to each other?
Sure they have, Rogue was a memeber of the Brotherhood for awhile after all.
Rogue and Lance: How the hell did that come up!

Hey, if they can make Kitty and Lance a couple then why not Rogue and Lance? I think they have a lot more in common than Lance and Kitty.
Kurt and Jean (I saw a fan-fic some were that had them paired!) OH! NO! NO! NO! NO! Any thing but that!
I've seen Kurt paired with just about everybody so nothing much suprises me when it comes to him. Kurt tends to be fan fic writers chosen 'bitch' for evo fics. He gets passed around a lot. They'll put him with anyone and anything (Kurt/Kitty, Kurt/Jean, Kurt/Gambit, Kurt/Toad, Kurt/Lance, Kurt/Boom-Boom...etc., etc., etc.
Kurt and Wanda: Okay I know that there a couple in what ever univers Nocturne comes from, but come on! If you ask me there personaltys clash to much.
See above. If anything they both have parent issues.
Kitty and Pietro: I will admit that there are some cute scenes with these two, but theres never a fracture of romance in those scenes.
I'm not sure why anyone likes Pietro, period, enough to write a fan fic about him with anyone. I don't have anything against him mind you, I'm just very nurtural about him. Though I do think him and Even would make a cute couple if they got over hating each other.

Personally I like alterative couplings. They give a new view on old characters from someone else's point of view and broaden perspective. Like it was any great surprise when Jean and Scott hooked up or the set up they're doing with Rogue and Gambit (which I don't mind actually but it was nice to see Rogue kinda digging on Scott for a while). My fav AC would probably have to be Boom-Boom and Kurt. I'm not even sure this classifies as 'alterative' since there was a thing there at one point, but since I can’t see them ever ending up together I’ll label it as such.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

That was deep Dracadancer. I like to alternate couples....though I don't write fanficton....:D
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

Originally posted by Kazifasari
well, since kurt is everyone's favorite elf, he's going to be paired with lots of different people in fanfics.
personally, i think he and wanda would be good together because they both have really angsty problems (especially when it comes to their parents), and he did save her life twice. but that's just me....
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I agree with the above....I am a HUGE Kurt/Wanda fan, simply because I am a HUGE Nocturne fan...and where there is Kurt/Wanda, TJ ain't too far behind. I think they have enough in common to make it work. They don't clash, they complimetn each other! :D

:wan-kurt = :nocturne
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt and Wanda have more in common than parental issues...if you go into their comic backgrounds, they were both raised by gypsies as well....and in the same area...so they share a German background as well. And in Evo, though it's never been said...I'm sure Kurt was pretty much a total shut in until he came to Bayville...so they're both also taking their first steps out into the light of an uncertain world...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

Kurt & Wanda also have another thing in common- both their parents are not only mutants both also villians :
:) mom is :mystique
:wanda :evowanda dad is :mags
:wan-kurt = :nocturne
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I'll admit that I wrote a fic on that, but it's pure humor, honest!! Shameless plug for "Of Warts and Witches".

The only couples I REALLY like are
  • Amanda/Kurt, because they're cute and Kurt apparently adores her
  • Kurt/Wanda. I want to see Nocturne and the Exiles in a cartoon! Or better, an anime! :love
  • Wanda/Toad. It's too funny.
~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Kurt and Jean (I saw a fan-fic some were that had them paired!) :surprise OH! NO! NO! NO! NO! Any thing but that!
I read that fic. It wasn't exactly that they were paired, Jean just needed to get off and he was the only guy around. :naughty
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

UGH, I saw that and about DIED. I hope we never see those two together!! :die

Another couple that has recently presented itself: Colossus and Kitty! :love

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Colossus and Kitty aren't really an alterative couple though. They were quite close in the comics before Colossus injected himself with the legcy virus and died.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
nightcrawler_mine17
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nightcrawler_mine17 »

HOW CAN I PLACE A PIC OF MY FURRY BLUE ANGEL ONTO THE SIDE OF MY MESSAGE
Kurt is mine. Back off. ::hisses::
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Click on the Avtars link at the top of the page, u'll find loads of them there :)
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i heard that there's a fanfic somewhere where like magneto actually molests wanda or pietro!!! EEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!! talk about sick couples.

i read a fanfic somewhere where rogue actually gave blob a handjob!!!!!!! SICK!

but one that really really REALLY grosses me out is xavier and magneto. it's not the fact that they're both men (i have nothing against gay men or slash fics)........ but they're OLD!!!!!!!

sorry for bringing this up, but these are just couples that i dont wanna picture.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*shudders* I like fics but that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. :shocked :die

~Siona

-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

lol i feel your pain, siona.
other than the rogue/blob handjob, i've never seen blob paired with anyone. i know yall are thinking "who'd wanna date HIM".
but you never kno what people are gonna come up with next when it comes to fanfics
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Tabitha (Boom Boom) sure seemed to like him alot...and she DID get him to shave off his mohawk...

Hm. :coy

~Siona

-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

good point. but he seems kinda like the guy that'll go out with the first girl who seems the least bit interested in him.

when i first saw "Mutant Crush" the first thought that came to my mind after jean got knocked out was "OMG HE'S GOING TO RAPE HER!!!" then i remembered it was rated Y7.
but i'm waiting for someone to write a fic where that happens, just to see if my nightmares are confirmed.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ah, now you've got me thinking. :yech Don't do it again. :X

~Siona

-- SheCat.
nightcrawler_mine17
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nightcrawler_mine17 »

Hello people im back i still am wondering how i put kurts face on the side of my posts :halo MY LITTLE BLUE FURRY ELF ANGEL
Kurt is mine. Back off. ::hisses::
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

VASH & KNIVES HENTAI: worst. couple. ever. :eek :X :shocked

oh wait this is an X-men site...hmmm dont know...dont really read any fanfic... :oops

EDIT: oh, wait, I just remembered I did read a Chamber/ Iceman fic once...it wasnt Evo though...
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

They can make up any couple they want to! It's their show anyway. They could put Jean Grey and the Blob as a couple... Though I don't think that would ever happen.
Tergon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tergon »

I've seen fics for all of the pairings that you didn't like, but so help me I like most of these pairings. Admittedly, the people who came up with Rogue/Lance should be hung by the toes and beated with fish, but the others are okay. Personally, I wish there were more Kurt/Jean fics out there...

Then again, I'm insane. Those who know of me will remember that my Genetex stories have Kurt/Amara in them, so that alone should tell you that I like all these bizarre pairings. So long as the pairing is well written, what's the harm?

I like cheese. Yummy...
"All empires fall. You just have to know where to push."
- Jebediah Radec
Jade Maximoff
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jade Maximoff »

kurt & wanda are good for each other. even for kurt kissing wanda all over her naked body:wan-kurt and go on a talk show to get it out to everybody. they even get married in the story. the story is called Chance Encounter you guys sould read it. it is good.:):love