**Repost**Finding Yourself in the X-2 movie(again)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Ok. This is a repost due to the hack. We all have felt compelled to jump into a movie we are enjoying. X-2 is no different. At what point would you jump into the movie? Would you be a mutant? What powers would you have? If you have a second movie, share that one as well.

I would like to appear in the movie at the church before Jean and Storm got there. To befriend Nighty.:) Then eventually go on the X plane to meet up with Logan and the others. I would have magical powers like Dr. Strange. Open portals to other dimensions etc.... I just think that is sooo cool.

**Note. If there are no sick bags aboard, someone is going to be in serious trouble. Me. Ever wonder if they have a restroom aboard that thing??? :?
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Um, Well, I would probabley want to be another mutant still stuck at Alkalai Lake possibly. When everything comes down, I'de escape with the others, and join them then.

My mutant power would be, I'de be able to change the temperature of liquids really quickly. I think that would be cool. In the end I'de be a student at The School...

And this is why I love fan fiction.:D
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

My is INCREDIBLY complex and insanely stupid. Ya'll don't wanna hear it. >_>

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by Siona
My is INCREDIBLY complex and insanely stupid. Ya'll don't wanna hear it. >_>

~Siona

Siona, don't be ridiculous! Your thoughts are most welcome here. No matter how insane! Hey, I think most of us border on insanity anyway:cracked:tonguewag
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

OK, fine. But DO not laugh.

Well, ya'll know how we learn next to nothing of Kurt's past? I don't include the comic because it makes no sense with the movie.

Well, Kurt appears to be in his early 30s, correct? That'd make him old enough to have a child, yes? Oh, the possibilities.

Well, think of this. Kurt and a young woman (have yet to think of name...) hitch up for one night and she bears him a son but dies in labor. This is Jacob and a year before the events of X2, when he's about 14, he's taken by accident by Stryker's goons when they were really about to take NC.

But Stryker makes the best out of it and uses him instead as a sort of bodyguard. He is equipped with an admantium skeleton but he has no healing powers. His genes were messed with so that the adamantium actually fused with his body over time, so he can create claws, shoot it out like an arrow, all sorts of stuff.

He helps the kidnapped students escape and is reunited with his dad.

OK, that's it.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

OK, fine. But DO not laugh.

Well, ya'll know how we learn next to nothing of Kurt's past? I don't include the comic because it makes no sense with the movie.

Well, Kurt appears to be in his early 30s, correct? That'd make him old enough to have a child, yes? Oh, the possibilities.

Well, think of this. Kurt and a young woman (have yet to think of name...) hitch up for one night and she bears him a son but dies in labor. This is Jacob and a year before the events of X2, when he's about 14, he's taken by accident by Stryker's goons when they were really about to take NC.

But Stryker makes the best out of it and uses him instead as a sort of bodyguard. He helps the kidnapped students escape and is reunited with his dad.

OK, that's it.

~Siona
Sounds like an interesting fanfic, but this topic has to do with "finding yourself in the X-Men X-2 movie". Where would you "jump in" Siona? What part of the movie? Would you be a mutant? Don't get me wrong. It was interesting to read. Perhaps you could work on that and share it with us under a new topic. Please let us know what part of the X-Men 2 movie you'd like to appear in. We are dying to hear! :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Hm. When Stryker and Deathstryker first show up. I'd be sitting outside with her.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Hm. When Stryker and Deathstryker first show up. I'd be sitting outside with her.

~Siona

oooooo!...the way she cracked her knuckles! I cringe everytime I see that scene. Could you please tell her to knock it off? Please?:LMAO
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

I am in the movie, didn't you see me phase through the soldier in the hallway? Ok, OK, in all seriousness, I would actually want to be a student in the school. And since Kitty gets Pitor (darn), that cute lil' blue-haired mutie from the first movie is mine. ^^
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*tackles Melylott* No! He's MINE! :bite *holds up the famed PFOD* BACK! BACK! *proceeds to drag :moviecrawler away) :cracked

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Heehee. I wasn't talking about Kurt. I was talking about the blue-haired John Doe from X1. He was cute n' such. *huggles him* And what's a PFOD? /ignorant/ :?
"The Shire is THAT way!"
I love Wither!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Oh, he was cute, but you can have him. :LOL

And a PFOD is a personal joke: Paper Fan of Doom. Ever watch Pokemon? If so, ever see the characters whap each other with a white paper fan. Thus, the PFOD.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh. Okay. And sad to say, I did use to watch Pokemon. O_o
"The Shire is THAT way!"
I love Wither!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Yeah, me too. Oh, well, we were young. We didn't know any better, I swear!

-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I'd like to be in the mansion when it was attacke, then escape with Colossus. I'd control sharp objects and create a vortex of toothpicks, needles, nails, and a syringe in the medical bay to turn those dang soldiers in shish-kebabs, then make my getaway.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Yeah, I was rather irritated that, hey, these soldiers were trying to kill and/or kidnap the kids, and all the SUPERPOWERED kids did was run. For cripe's sake, FIGHT BAAAAAACK!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Really, why didn't Pyro turn the whole dormitory into an inferno? Or have someone who could really mutilate these soldiers? Really, are Colossus and Wolverine the ONLY ones with sense? We needed Jubilee to make explosions and fireworks. Pyrotechnics rule!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Well, some kids have really useless powers. *coughmycharacterscough* Useless powers RULE. Like pheronome control, and translating languages. :rolleyes
"The Shire is THAT way!"
I love Wither!
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Well I dunno if anyone remembers what I has last time... Catherine Kiyonari? The really really insane long post of mine befor it was eaten... but of course I'd introduce her into the first movie... for the second, I would just be little old me, no mutant powers, just a regular human... I would be behind the scenes taking care of Toad as he healed from the attack of Storm... so he could come back for revenge and fight Kurt who is protecting Ororo in a big battle of bamfing, jumping and slimming!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Guys, I have to come to the defense of the "kids running in terror and not using their powers". In the book (which only had so much to do with the movie, to be frank), some of them did act up. Jubilee actually took a couple soldiers down before being captured.

But think about it: you're probably 12-13 years old, your power isn't under control (it may not even be combat worthy), and you were woken out of a sound sleep by something that would make a smoke alarm sound like the gentle chirping of crickets. You're already disoriented, you're scared out of your mind, you hear gunfire downstairs, and considering the way they automatically headed for the hidden doors, you've been relentlessly drilled to run into the tunnels and escape rather than fight back and risk getting killed.

It's easy to look at a scene and think "I'd pick up a gun and fight", but it really isn't that simple. Your conscious mind takes a back seat, and your "fight or flight" instincts kick into high gear. Those instincts can really screw up your best and most logical intentions.

In WWII, believe it or not, only 20% of soldiers, on ANY side, actually fired their weapons in defense or attack, even in the worst combat. Now we've got a 95% firing rate because the military has learned how to do "stimulus/response" training. The upshot is that someone with this training (and the X-men do qualify for this) will have their "flight" instincts channeled into "fight" responses, and very little of it depends on conscious decision making.

This is also why the "mind controlled trio" (Kurt, Cyc, and Deathstrike) were still so hellishly effective at fighting, even though their conscious mind was detatched. Fighting belongs in the subconscious.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Ooh, do you take psychiatry, Maelstrom, 'cause that's REAL good evidence going there. Very interesting, I'll have to print that...

Also, on the subject, Kitty ran through a guy and sort of electrocuted him trough his nervous system, kinda like she does to machines and such.

But then again, she was running and seemed to be in a real panic, SO....

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Ooh, do you take psychiatry, Maelstrom, 'cause that's REAL good evidence going there. Very interesting, I'll have to print that...
I've studied some of it, but I don't have any kind of degree. I just absorb any information I can find to make my writing more realistic. For instance, I found out about the "20% firing rate", and various other fascinating battle bits, from a book called On Killing. The author is a retired General, who specialized in combat efficiency and psychology. I can get you more information if you're interested in reading it. It might not be easily available at the local library, but it's indispensable knwoledge and background material for anyone who wants to understand how and why we kill.

(It also has a controversial, but very compelling argument about why our crime rate is rising that has to deal with uncontrolled paramilitary "desensitation" training we're getting through our mass-media.)

Among other things, humans, believe it or not, are not cut out for warfare. Yes, we're always at war one way or another, it seems, but when you get right down to it, we just don't want to kill each other without "help", whether that's stimulus-response training, propaganda, or threats. A staggering 98% of the population will break after 70 days of continuous, stressful warfare, becoming useless, almost vegetative, in battle. The remaining 2% are "aggressive personality types", whether they're professional policemen, born warriors, or vicious psychopaths. This is also why comic book heroes are so reluctant to kill. For 98% of them, if you have to think about it, you just can't do it.

Guess where Wolverine belongs...? ;)

Also, on the subject, Kitty ran through a guy and sort of electrocuted him trough his nervous system, kinda like she does to machines and such.

But then again, she was running and seemed to be in a real panic, SO....

~Siona
Notice that the only people who were able to stop and think during the chaos (besides Wolverine) were the older "X-men-in-Training", who had already recieved a lot of battle instruction: Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro. Kitty reacted instinctively to danger, just as her training insisted: she phased through her bed and ran for the safe spots. In the book, there was a plausible explanation for how she "zapped" the guy she ran through. The human body has an "electrical system" of sorts, just not as pervasive or sensitive as a computer. If you get a really strong magnetic or electronic disruption, you're going to feel it. It's one of the reasons no one works around an electrical switching station for long periods of time, and why no one is allowed to live directly under power lines. The migranes are not to be believed.

Her running through the guy felt something like being shocked with the amperage of an average electrical outlet: startling and painful, but not enough to kill a full-grown man.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Notice that the only people who were able to stop and think during the chaos (besides Wolverine) were the older "X-men-in-Training", who had already recieved a lot of battle instruction: Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro.
Colossus and Siryn are the only ones that I can think of that really took charge; Kitty fell through her bed and ran through a guy, but the expression on her face and other motions seemed like she was only scared and not attacking/being defensive.

Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro fall under the same thing. I didn't see any offensive stuff coming from them, just running and watching Wolvie slice-n-dice soldier dudes. :LOL

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

In fact, if we're talking "take charge agression", only really Colossus did anything about it. He kept his head after waking up, went into Siryn's room, armored up, and took out the soldiers. I think Siryn was going on instict. If you saw someone sneak into your room, with a gun pointed at you, there's a good chance you'd scream. In her case, the scream was a bit more... effective :surprise

But, you're right, Bobby, Kitty, Pyro, and Rogue didn't do anything offensive. What I was thinking about was that they didn't panic, like so many of the other kids. Kitty saw the danger and knew enough to activate her powers and get out instead of running down the corridor with the others. Bobby had enough sense of mind to stop Pyro and ask for Rogue, and Rogue was strong enough to stop both of them and demand that they help out Logan.

I might have been a bit premature in my bit about Pyro, though. Considering how willing he was to fry up some bacon in Boston, he was used to his power and comfortable with it, and yet he didn't do anything to the soldiers in the mansion invasion. And it took Bobby to stop his flight in the corridor; he wouldn't have stopped on his own. :smirk
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Wait, wait, BRAINSPURT! I believe there is a deleted scene from the movie (which is in the book) where Rogue is helping the other students find the escapes.

~Siona

-- SheCat.