X3, Storm-free?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Yes, the elevator scene from X1 is pretty bad.

I just thought of something, in X2, when the X-jet is first falling to the ground (right before Magneto saves it), why couldn't Storm of used the wind currents to make is a smoother landing? Ok, I'm probabley being stupid and that sort of thing wouldn't work, but I though of it, and at the time...it made sense. :oops
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Vee_EmmCee
Yes, the elevator scene from X1 is pretty bad.

I just thought of something, in X2, when the X-jet is first falling to the ground (right before Magneto saves it), why couldn't Storm of used the wind currents to make is a smoother landing? Ok, I'm probabley being stupid and that sort of thing wouldn't work, but I though of it, and at the time...it made sense. :oops
Considering the speeds at which the jet was falling, and the aerodynamic nature of said jet, I don't think that a jetstream could have slowed them down. Considering the incredibly slim profile of the Blackbird, here's no way that Ororo could have generated enough wind resistance to make a difference.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

OK. I get it now. I really shouldn't be in grade 10. And to think...I did really well in our weather unit last year. :p *is stupid*
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by taekwondodo »

Hah! Had to post this. We got X2 over the holiday and my kids are watching it (for the 5th time) at the moment. Right when Storm comes in doing the teacher thing in the museum, the 4 year old announced, out of the blue, she's not a very good Storm(yeah, I know, kind of young - but she loves X-men so much). I thought that was hilarious. I've never mentioned anything about not liking Halle Berrie to her. You know she's not the right actress for the job when even a 4 year old realizes it.:LOL (Of course, all 3 of them despise Alan Cumming as Nighty too, so....)

Just ran across this at another site:

Lauren Shuler-Donner Interview

Quote:
Will the Dark Phoenix storyline be used?

We have to, we kind of left that out there so we have to follow that thread along with some other stories.

Quote:
Ian McKellan told us he's keen on doing X3?

I can't imagine doing it without him or Patrick [Stewart] or any of the main cast...and Halle [Berry]. We have to make sure that she's used well and we have a great great storyline for her, or maybe we do a Storm movie...who knows.

If this is accurate, I have one thing to say - bummer.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Looks like Halle may be in X3 after all, and maybe even a solo Storm film later on?

Check it out some other tidbits about X3, and the release date's been moved up to 2005 Whoohooo! :D

New info on X3
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Oh, good merciful heavens, a Storm solo movie? A Wolvie solo, I could deal with...but a Storm movie? Hopefully, for me at least, a rumor. :X

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Looks like Halle may be in X3 after all, and maybe even a solo Storm film later on?
There's been talk about a solo Storm movie for a while, perhaps as a way of keeping Berry with the X-franchise while giving her a role more in keeping with her increased star power. (Or, alternatively, giving the X-franchise a way to cash in on said star power.)

It'd be cute if they made Nightcrawler the male romantic lead. (I await the thrashing from those who'll say "Why does a story featuring a strong woman need any romantic lead at all?" ) Storm is such a powerful character in her own right (well, comics Storm, anyway) that it'd be nice to see a gender reversal in the love story, with Kurt as the competent but supportive guy who Ororo has to rescue in the last act.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
There's been talk about a solo Storm movie for a while, perhaps as a way of keeping Berry with the X-franchise while giving her a role more in keeping with her increased star power. (Or, alternatively, giving the X-franchise a way to cash in on said star power.)

It'd be cute if they made Nightcrawler the male romantic lead. (I await the thrashing from those who'll say "Why does a story featuring a strong woman need any romantic lead at all?" ) Storm is such a powerful character in her own right (well, comics Storm, anyway) that it'd be nice to see a gender reversal in the love story, with Kurt as the competent but supportive guy who Ororo has to rescue in the last act.
Having romantic leads, no matter the sex of the star, is so common that I can't see anyone having a right to get offended. Male leads get females to play off of (Indiana Jones, The Shadow, 007), so I have no problem for a strong female getting a male to play off of. Even Ripley in Aliens (perhaps the strongest female lead to ever be created) had a very light, budding friendship/romance with the surviving colonial marine Hicks. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Male leads get females to play off of (Indiana Jones, The Shadow, 007), so I have no problem for a strong female getting a male to play off of.
Too often, though, when the romance shows up, it magically weakens the female lead. Roger Ebert says the classic example is Sheena, in which "a jungle-woman who has ruled the savage beasts since infancy [is passively rescued] ... by a TV anchorman fresh off the plane." There are unfortunately a lot of other examples.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
A Storm/Nightcrawler film would be sweet, but why would either have to take a back seat. I hope that Nighty won't always be played as shy and retiring. There have been some adventure movies with male and female rolls of equal strength. Granted, those are few and far between. Romancing the Stone, one of my favorite movies, comes to mind. Also, some of the Star Wars movies. Leia and Amadala were no wilting flowers.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
A Storm/Nightcrawler film would be sweet, but why would either have to take a back seat.
'Cause Halle Berry's a big star, and Alan Cumming ain't?
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by bamfchickie »

'Cause Halle Berry's a big star, and Alan Cumming ain't?
True, but that doesn't necessarily mean Alan would have to take a back seat. Hugh certainly didn't when he was cast as Wolverine, and he was an even bigger nobody at the time than Alan is now. :)
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Ziox »

Well, about flying if any of you have seen the third matrix film they have Neo flying like a hummingbird so good flying scenes are not hard to make but for the actors I think it would inquire some training on Halle Berry part but flying can be done!:D
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

a solo Storm movie
oh LORD- NO,NONONO
i agree i can deal with a Wolverine movie- but storm- HOW are they going to make a movie about STORM
(whatever happened to that movie she was going to do dealing with her character from that Bond movie- 1st Catwoman now this)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Surprisingly enough, a solo storm film doesn't faze me. I'de go see it. I'm a fan of Berry. About Nightcrawler being the romantic supporting role, I can see it, it would be cute. And Alan's stardom may up in a couple of years, he getting many jobs, and lots a visibility.