X3 Spoilers

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3 Spoilers

Post by Siona »

How many people here DON'T want to see HB replaced? But, frankly, I find it hard to think of anybody else replacing her.

Another theory I have is publicity; how big of a star IS Halle? Kinda like J. Lo, she comes with her own audience...like Alan Cumming does now. :D

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X3 Spoilers

Post by Darkstalker »

I still think it's still a little early to confirm anything yet, but everything sounds good so far. :thumbup I still don't think though that it's a good idea to introduce so many characters in the final movie! Although I do like the idea of seeing more Kitty and Colossus(:love ...lots more...:D) And I can't say I'm too sad that Halle Berry won't be returning, she just doesn't seem to fit the character some how.

P.S.:Siona, I love that picture(animation, sorry!:oops)! Yami Bakura's my fav character from Yu-Gi-Oh(next to my hero, Kaiba, of course...;) ) And Merrick is close behind,...how come the villians in anime are always cuter than the good guys?:P:love:faint
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Snicket
I think it'd be great if Halle Berry got replaced. She bothers me as Storm now that I know more about the original character. (I also dislike her uppity attitude.) If they got a taller, more regal woman to play Storm, aside from the continuity error making my left brain twitch, I'd be happy. In that case, I might also be interested in seeing a Kuroro romance blossom. It'd be a lot more interesting.

I think they chose Halle in the first place because having a pretty black woman play her was more attractive to the general public than a faithful interpretation of the character. personality and not the sex appeal of the actress.
I would like to see Angela Basset in the role. She's tall, regal, incrediably beautiful and really muscular in a lithe, slender way.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by Mad With Power »

I think they chose Halle in the first place because having a pretty black woman play her was more attractive to the general public than a faithful interpretation of the character. personality and not the sex appeal of the actress.
You're absolutely right, and it's disgusting. Halle is unworthy, and there are many underexposed black actresses who could be beautiful and strong and make real magic with the role.

On that note:
Originally posted by BamfChyck
I would like to see Angela Basset in the role. She's tall, regal, incrediably beautiful and really muscular in a lithe, slender way.
Actually, she isn't tall in the least. Angela Bassett is 5'4". She used to be my choice for Storm; now I want Aisha Tyler or Gina Torres, as discussed in this thread.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3 Spoilers

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
You're absolutely right, and it's disgusting. Halle is unworthy, and there are many underexposed black actresses who could be beautiful and strong and make real magic with the role.
BAM! One more for MWP! :evil

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Siona
BAM! One more for MWP!
Whatnow?
koudelka
Lubber
Lubber

X3 Spoilers

Post by koudelka »

all i care about i if it has pyro and rogue :pyro :rogue ::jumps and hugs pyro::. and the phoenix saga :phoenix

sorry fo using too many smilies first time on this thing :evorogue
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X3 Spoilers

Post by Kaileighblue »

Ok I got halfway through this thread before my urge to post has rsen.. so i got to now without reading the rest.

Orlando as Gambit;
Legolas was over 6 feet too.
Orlando deffinately have the fighting capabilities after LOTR and POTC
And god damn he's hot *snort*

and.. um.. I forgot anything else I was going to say..
White Lady
Lubber
Lubber

More thoughts on a potential HB replacement

Post by White Lady »

I have no idea if she can act, but I've always thought the model Iman was the perfect embodiment of comic Storm -- tall, regal, strikingly beautiful, and she's got the right accent! (Good taste in men, too.)

She's a bit older than I imagined comic Storm to be, but so is the rest of the movie cast ... And she'd certainly add an interesting dimension to the Kuroro concept!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by Mad With Power »

I adore Iman, as I'm a crazy Bowie lover. But she's got a new baby girl, and isn't really doing acting or modelling any more. She runs her own makeup company. :)
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Mad With Power
I adore Iman, as I'm a crazy Bowie lover. But she's got a new baby girl, and isn't really doing acting or modelling any more. She runs her own makeup company. :)
Iman and David's daughter has got to be close to 3 now, if not older. I think for the right role, she might do a movie.. Storm is a strong African woman.. and isn't Iman from the continent? I would think she would feel a kinship.. if she's ever been exposed to the (pre-Halle) X-Men comics, that is.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by Mad With Power »

Yup, I know the kid is a little older. But I remember seeing her on Oprah (*ducks*) and she was going on about how her main job was to be a mommy.

Sure wouldn't kick her out of the movie for eating crackers, but I just think it's unlikely, is all.
Bamferine
Lubber
Lubber

X3 Spoilers

Post by Bamferine »

Okay I've got a suggestion for the new Uroro:

Tina Turner

and they could recycle that song...

"We donneed another heeeeero"

P.S.: Of course I am kidding!
:LOL
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

X3 Spoilers

Post by Sussi »

I wonder if they will do more love intrest in X3...*Imagines loooove scens*:naughty...
Or maby not...:blush... in the film I mean...
But I'll still be thinkin dirty thoughts :nodyes

Must... do... smilies...:tub
:peek
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by thylacine »

That's good Nightcrawler will be in X3. Anyone know if Henry will be in X3? If it was mentioned above, I did not see it... Just scanning this...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Here's my current plot theory:

The president doesn't listen to anything the X-Men say, and passes the mutant registration act. Sentinels go into production to enforce it.

Meanwhilre, The X-Men find Jean, alive and dealing with hightened powers.

Enter Warren Worthington III- he's trying to balance two lives: He enjoys his celebrity, and doesn't want to be exposed as a mutant, but at night he ndulges in his mutant powers as the vigilante "The Avenging Angel"- He's tracked down for not registering, and the Sentniels are sicked on him. X-Men to the Rescue!

Meanwhile, Jean is tempted by some villain into going all Dark Phoenix (maybe Weapon X folks slowly trying to use her as a mutant hunter, or Magneto trying to convert her to his side) and the X-Men have to calm her down and help her restore her sanity.
Talon_Flame
Lubber
Lubber

X3 Spoilers

Post by Talon_Flame »

Originally posted by LadyBamf
I heard James Marsters was up for the part of Pietro....
Are u SERIOUS??? Spike is so wickedly cool...and my friend would go spastic if her favorite character (Pietro) was on X3.

If X3 is based almost exclusively around Jean, I will be so pissed. Not like she doesn't get enough screen time already.:mad

And Orlando Bloom would be cool as Gambit *sob* if he were to be in the film, but Johnny Depp would be perfect. Oh sweet nectar of life....:love
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

:bunny :bunny Bunny Warrior #8 Fear Us!! :bunny :bunny
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#37

Feel free to IM me, I love to talk!
queenomiree69
Lubber
Lubber

X3 Spoilers

Post by queenomiree69 »

Hold up!!! do we even know if the next x-men movie is called X3 for sure?? i mean they could be bullshiting all of us LMAOOOOOO
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3 Spoilers

Post by Booker »

I remember from an old Brian Singer interview that he would like to have Beast, a Sentinal, or the Danger Room in the next movie.

I also heard that Halle Berry won't be playing Storm anymore. I hope they just get rid of her instead of replacing her. I don't like it when they replace actors like that. It kinda cheapens the movie, I think.

I thought Hank McCoy made a perfect Hank. I would love to see more of him.

My perfect fangirl dream would be a fight scene between Toad and Nightcrawler. Like a big cling-to-the-ceiling fight. That would be really awsome. But only if Ray Park was Toad. Like I said, anybody else would make me sad. I hear he's signed on for two movies, anway. :)
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X3 Spoilers

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'd been told Leo DiCaprio would be Gambit but taht was two months ago. I read a magazine in waldens with designs for pyro, angel, beast, and gambit. (Gambit on a motorcycle actually) he had a head bandanna I think...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

As far as Singers saying that Gambit is oo much in Personality like Wolverine and Powers like Cyclops- I kinda agree. In the Context of the movie, he would be a redundant character. Heres how I broke it down while my mind wandered at work:

Mysterious Loner- Wolverine
Thief- Storm
Charmer- Nightcrawler
Wields energy that is commonly used as a destructive projectile- Cyclops, Storm
Has the Hots for Rogue- Iceman, Pyro, Wolverine

As for the next X-Man, My moneys on Beast or Angel. They were cut from the X1 and X2 scripts, respectively, for budget reasons:
QUESTION: Were there any characters you were sad to cut?

HAYTER:In a way. On the first movie, Beast was a big part of the first two acts. First of all, well never know if we had the money to create him in a way that wasn¹t ridiculous. That was a concern.

But then, we knew it would be too expensive to take him to the Statue of Liberty. So, he always broke his leg just before they were going to go. Then, it was like, "Oh, boy I wish I could go with you."

DOUGHERTY: Didnt he fall down the stairs or something? (laughs)

HAYTER: Actually, we had a scene where Magneto came to the mansion and broke Beasts leg. Which worked out beautifully time-wise because we were about to start the third act.

DOUGHERTY: It sounds like Nancy Kerrigan or something. (laughs)

HAYTER: So I was sad to see Beast go because he was a cool character. And on the first film we couldnt do too many creature characters because we didnt have the money. But I wasnt sad to see him go in that he wasnt serving the story. It would have looked silly.
DOUGHERTY: The hard thing is being the guy that has to watch a lot of things get cut. As I said before, Angel. He actually became a really good character. I know a lot of people complain that Cyclops was barely in the movie, but he was supposed to be in the movie more.

He was going to wake up in Strykers facility in a prison cell. And hes going to hear a voice in the next cell over. And he was going to start talking to this mutant prisoner. And finally he asks him whats his name. And he finds out its Warren. And we were never going to see him. You were just going to see his eyes.

And eventually they pull of this escape and he blows the wall open and we realize its Angel. And it was this great sequence.

We find out about Warren. He was a kid that when his parents found out he was a mutant, had him sent off to get fixed, to get corrected. And he woke up in this experimental facility instead. And that was really tragic.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

X3 Spoilers

Post by steyn »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Here's my current plot theory:

Meanwhile, Jean is tempted by some villain into going all Dark Phoenix (maybe Weapon X folks slowly trying to use her as a mutant hunter, or Magneto trying to convert her to his side) and the X-Men have to calm her down and help her restore her sanity.
How about Mr. Sinister, but if mr. Sinister comes in, then Apocolypse should also come in later on, seeing apocolypse created mr. sinister. But then again, if Apocolypse comes in X3 and gets defeated then there won't be more exciting x-men movies, because apocolypse is like the the superduper bad guy, but then again if apocolypse is in x3 then that thing with Xavier and Apocolypse becoming one person......
aarrrrggh head hurts :X
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3 Spoilers

I think you're referring to Onslaught. That was Some of Magneto's psychic residue causing the evil side of Xavier's personality to awaken, and seperate itself.

Ooh- scrathch that- ONSLAUGHT VS. PHOENIX with the Sentinels called in to stop Onslaught
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X3 Spoilers

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

I think :gambit might be in X3 cuz I over heard someone saying that he saw his real name on that computer screen when :mystique was printing out some info.
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X3 Spoilers

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

IT's in the movie but that's just a little giggle from the director means nothing. Watch and think. THe biggest clue about gambit being in the film is
1) his inclusion in the novel
2) Brian wants him in but teeters away from the idea cuz of personality
3) MEdia has already broken castings wide open and it appears to be everyone who will fit the part so it's not gonna be a cameo that's for sure.

reasons for angel
1) brian wants him, bad.
2) He's nicely included in x2 and that got ripped and he hates cutting scene's hell put him in there SOMEWHERE

reasons for COlossus
1) he's already been introduced
2) He's a power we haven't encountered in the movies yet
3) HE'd be a nice adversary for Juggernaut if they bring him in

reasons for including Nightcrawler again
1) HE's just so damn cool
2) He's just so damn cool
and 3) He's blue. (Which makes him so damn cool)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS