Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Q
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Q »

Most of my classes know that i like NIghtcrawler. Well... All of them because in tribute to the Dvd Coming out i Dresses up in a Black trench coat with little sparkles i added, a black turtle neck swaeter complete with a semi-white vest and stripy pant. They were only ornge with black from a holloween costume last year but close enough. All the kids were wonderin what the heck i was wearing, so i had to explain. So yes my classes know.
2=px15 if the p= ....:ooh.... :?......Geez! I teach this stuff?! :yuck
:sabretooth
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

nah.. they dont know better that way....
but they will see it soon if they get in to my user profile on comp.. i mean if you would see my desktop wallpaper, icons, screensavers, winamp skins and that little Nightcrawler running on the screen... they would probably put me in to hospital ;)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

My friends and family all wish that both Nightcrawler and alan Cumming would die. I talk about both of them constantly and my mom said she was going to buy me a tv with a built in DVD player so that I don't have to take up the den for hours upon hours watching all the behind the scenes stuff with alan.

I'm so loved:D
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by Lauren
My friends and family all wish that both Nightcrawler and alan Cumming would die.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! The whole world would go wrong if that happened!!!!!!!!!!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Lauren
My friends and family all wish that both Nightcrawler and alan Cumming would die.
:shocked

NO WAY.

I feel for you, I really, really do! *runs to call the Humane Society* Hello? I have an emergency!!!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Heh, I know. They just get annoyed seeing me either re-reading my comics, or re-reading Tommy's Tale.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bamf_A_Licious_Baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_A_Licious_Baby »

Everyone knows I am a Nightcrawler fiend. I have everything in his name. My children call him my "Blue Boyfriend." I guess that says it all at this point.. other than me tattooing a full length pic of him from my neck to my ankles like the Yakuza Clan...
The High Exalted Dark Priestess of the Bamf!:bamf:

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war."-Bob Marley

Charter member of the We Like To Edit Club.
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #25
NSNS Member #3

:love: He is just TOO sexy for words!:love:
Amandakity
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Amandakity »

Only people really close to me and people who NEED to know are clued in. That leaves my mom, she buys the comics, my best friend, who is also obsessed, and the people at the comic book store, one of them is a speech teacher at school.....So no, random people off the street don't know.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Heh, for me, it's kinda hard to miss. :D
I use the word "bamftastic" in every day speech, I draw... :shifty pictures of Nighty in my notebooks, and at home, right on my wall where all can see, I have a HUGE Nightcrawler collage (sp?), made out of the side of a cardboard box that used to hold our TV. :D
So yeah, everyone knows.
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
NWKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NWKurt »

Hmmm, don't know how I missed this thread so long ago? :?

Well, for me, it's one of if you catch the subtle clues, then I guess you know. I have Evo Nighty (a larger version of my avatar) protecting my laptop (background and screensaver). My manager at work has eyed it a few times, asking "who is that" questions. My folks have seen him on there too, as well as this humbling, hand drawn, non-commissioned piece of art a very special friend did for me of Kurty in New Orleans hanging on my wall (I even carry a small print of Kurt where ever I go!) Thankies Duo :kiss They dont know why all of a sudden this interest in the comic universe, but hey, gotta use that imagination somewhere.

It all started when I was surfing around the cable channels one night back in October of '03, and saw the opening credits to this cartoon show called "X-Men Evolution". Unknown to me at the time, it was the first episode, and the one that introduces Fuzzy :D Well, since then, it has been an all out friendship with everything that revolves around him. The realization that his demeanor portrayed in the show was a direct correlation to me, I couldn't ignore him at all. As *please excuse this opinion* little of Evo that is heard of around this board, that XM Universe was the one that got me interested in the first place, so that is the version of Kurt that is my fav. The shy, energetic, coy, and playfull Kurt in Evo, again, matches my lifestyle soooo closely, it is uncanny, oh wait, thats another universe! Some dreams I have had with me as Kurt in them have solidified my understanding that I AM a real Nighty fan!

I haven't had the time yet to start a collection of Kurty related stuff, but I have managed to obtain all the DVD's I can (All of Evo, XM2), a few bits of art, and of course, all the fun and friends I have made here.

But to get back to the subject, no, not too many people around me know. It would be like what has been said before, some people may look at you a bit differently if all of a sudden you showed enthusiasm toward a subject or character that you NEVER before had an interest in. I think all of us here on this board can somewhat understand that, but here, we are all friends, no matter how our interests in Blue differ, or have changed our lives. I have lead a somewhat sheltered life when it comes to the comic fantasy world, but like I said, until recently, I have never explored it to the level I am at now. NIGHTSCRAWLERS is a direct result of me knowing that I am not alone in this fandom, and I look forward to enjoying all that is Nightcrawler, his personality, his abilities, and the (silent) admiration that we all give back to Mr. Cockrum and the admins here. If it wasn't for them, none of us would be reading any of this, now would we?? :D

Eternally grateful,
NWKurt
Let us try to live our lost illusions....They're the sun at night.....If we don't, we'll never taste.....The spice of life!
~Enigma~ Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! The Prism Of Life
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Mmmm....Yes :evil It started out as a picture on my binder that one person asked about. The more pictures the more people would ask. I converted quite a few of my friends to NC fans, to of which check in here on a blue moon. My history teacher & French teacher also know.

My sister wants Alan Cumming to die, Nightcrawler to die, and wishes that anything blue or relating to the circus never existed. She tells me to shut up whenever I grin:LOL. I have driven two of my friends to a medium level of insanity to to my constant ramblings. Have made alot of male friends due to my love of comic book characters ( Luv ya Jordan!...Not really...only as a friend.)

I have an ever growwing callage on two walls of my room, a shag carpet that is blue, and when people come over they're like ,"Oh crap, where the heck are we? I though this was supposed to be a girls room" My Room ain't girlie, people! But I do ask them, ''If it were'nt a girls room, then where are all the pictures of scantily clad women?" Nope, jus tons of pics of one Blue, fuzzy, Sexy dude with a tail:naughty.

Yup everybody knows!

AND PROUD OF IT!!!
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

For some time I was a closet comic fan. No one knew I liked comics yet alone have an obsession over Kurt. It was after I got out of high school that I started to talk about comics a little more with my best buddy. I was amazed to find out she loved the Fantastic four. Then I started in about the X-Men I was very pleased to find she loves them too. It took a few months until she found out that I was bonkers over Kurt. She asked me who I thought was sexier Scott or Gambit. Witch I reapplied Scott is a spaze and Gambit is sexy but he doesn’t have a tail. Then I started to go off the deep end with my huge stacks of useless NC knowledge. At fist I thought I was bothering her but then she started to ask questions and get exited. To bad I still haven’t completely converted her (she still thinks Gambit is sexier and Scott is a dip sh*#^$ for being with Emma). Thanks to my friend my brother now talks to me about X-Men and Kurt along with my dad. I then started to talk about comics all over the place. Even odd people at bus stops I talk to find out I like comics and Kurt especially. I love it when they ask who Nightcrawler is. I fill a happy spot grow when I spread the insanity! That or I just need a new hobby. :p
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They know I like X-men.... The Uncanny Shrine is a dead give away, but not Kurt specifically.
stocktonwood
Lubber
Lubber

Post by stocktonwood »

A few people know, my boyfriend just found out within the last two years, and we've been dating for over five years! Ha!

Actually alot of my friends are into the same kinda stuff so they are in on it too.
"when I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be.." The Beatles

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I wear my Nightcrawler shirt constantly. Most people haven't heard of him though so they don't know unless I explain.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

those monsters.... a lot of people will know tomorrow, being priest Nightcrawler for Halloween
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KittyWillow »

My hubby only found out a few days ago.... he knew I was a big Xmen/sci-fi fan but I resisted telling him there was another man in my life:love
First he went on the computer and saw my Kurt adorned desk top then when I asked him to spank me with his tail in bed he finally clicked!
I think he's a tad jealous.
He hasn't found my Nightcrawler action figure yet.....
:bamf
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by KittyWillow

First he went on the computer and saw my Kurt adorned desk top then when I asked him to spank me with his tail in bed he finally clicked!
Ahahahaha! :D Wait, that IS an euphemism right?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I'm pretty sure that people know.

-e
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KittyWillow »

Last night I asked my husband if he thinks I qualify as a Nightcrawler obsessive.
(my way of finding out how much he knows).

He said "you're not obsessed, you just like the Xmen "

so little does he know...
;)
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

All my friends know, they tolerate my long discussions about him and pretend they know what I'm talking about.

I keep my obsession secret from my stepdad, stepbro, and stepsis. They wouldn't understand and I could do without the teasing, though my stepsister might have figured somthing is up by now.

I dont hide it from my mom, but shes not very observant and know i only like Xmen, not that I obsess over Nightcrawler.

My little sisiter knows and likes to think we have some cool secret society since shes the only one in my family I talk to about Nightcrawler. Whatever makes her happy.

My older cousins know and think it's totally cool that I would rather go to Nightcrawler sites on my computer than go to the mall. They like to say Kurt is my boyfriend since I told them I hace pictures of him in my locker.

Anyone whose seen my locker knows i LOVE Xmen and LOVE Toad and Nightcrawler. I have covered the door with movie pictures.

Im trying to get my Health teacher, whom I dislike immensly, to notice my binder, alco covered with Nighty pics. He likes me too much and I think that he needs to follow suit as the rest of the school and think I'm wierd.
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I am as secretive about my obsession as rabbits are about th

Post by rad_666 »

:worship I have not told my family as when I showed my mum a picture of Nighty (pretending it was homework) she said, "What the hell is wrong with his face?" My friends know.
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Her problem was his face? Not the blue 'skin', two fingers or tail?:shifty
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Man, just call me Ms. Thread Reviver... :blush

Everyone at my workplace(at a small liberal arts college) is bewildered by the many Nightcrawler(and Radiohead) posters adorning my office. My parents have known for years, however...I hand-sewed my own Nightcrawler costume as a kid, and insisted upon wearing the bottoms(which had a tail attached) around the house until they wore out completely.

Nowadays, I settle for lots of Kurt posters, my X-Men Legends Kurt action figure, posting on this board, Kurt computer wallpaper, obsessive comic reading, and a picture of him under my myspace "Who I'd Like To Meet" section. I'd list him in my top 5 celebrity crushes, no contest. :love
Bamf, suckas!
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

Most of my friends who are into comics are so defensive about still reading picture books at thier age, that they brush off the mainstream books (which of course they still secretly read) and brag about the indie ones.

Once, when we were talking about good old fashioned spandex clad superhero fun, the conversation drifted to favourite characters. I cheerfully said I'd always been into Nightcrawler. One of the single guys in his 30's shouted "Oh my god! You're a furry!"

*sigh*

Anything I said after that was somehow turned into a defense of furries. It got a big laugh, but also got on my nerves. A few weeks later, one of the few other women who read comics swore me to secrecy before admitting she'd always had a thing for Angel, but found him hottest when he was blue. She was afraid she'd get just as bad a reaction as I did, so she'd told everyone else she liked Wolverine. After all, he's safe.

Now we both tell the guys we're madly in love with Magneto. It gives them adorable feelings of inadequacy.