Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Snicket »

Lessee... My friends here at college are pretty aware of it. None of them mind, of course. Most of my friends are comic book majors, after all. (Yes, I am, too, in case you were wondering.) I'm pretty sure they don't mind the squeals. At least, no one has said anything yet. I think they just think it's cute.

My mom knows, too, but she's the one I inherited my nerdiness from. She's not going to judge me. I doubt my dad or sister are really aware, though.

It's difficult for the general public to tell that I'm a fan when I'm not wearing my lovely blue Nightcrawler shirt, which I got at Wizard World. Other than that, only tiny things -- like the way I walk sometimes and occasional exclamations of "Ach!" -- give me away. And those are pretty subtle.

I make no effort to hide it, though. Who cares if they think I'm a freak? They're just boring!
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

A few weeks before X2 came out an TV ads started showing up, all of my family, friends and coworkers came up to me and asked if I knew that there was another X-Men movie and that it has "that blue guy... isn't he the one you like?"

I had to politely act grateful to hear the "news" and laugh to myself because I'd known Nightcrawler was going to be in it before they'd even cast Alan...
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jimmy »

yes,...yes people know i am a alan cumming fan

now that i got that cleared
i will now use my ultimate powers to form
a squirrel army and take over the world
jimmy :jubilee
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

Oh yeah, I forgot to add this - Nightcrawler helps me in my job. He's a good little software engineer!

I do software engineering, and I have 13 machines that I run different types of tests on. Well, with that many machines, you can imagine the confusion that happens when hurried, and when hurried is when I do stupid mistakes, like format the wrong machine. Mistakes that would take some 2-4 hours to fix.

So, I 'Nightcrawler code' my test machines, depending on the different tests I'm running. That way, I know which is which. I have three distinct pics of Evo Nightcrawler that I label, and make one of those pics the background wallpaper of the machine I'm running a particular test on. (for instance, I have the Evo NC pic of his from the first episode, with his hood on staring and smiling at the camera as one test marker pic. It's labeled "Please don't hurt me - I'm the Safe Build!") I work best with visual reminders, thus wallpaper.

I've learned to tune out the pics, but others....don't. My lead once asked me what the hell that thing was. When I explained what it was and how it fit into my testing methodology, he smiled and nodded. My lead is big on unique ways of testing, so I think he approved.

It's not on all of my machines, so I don't have to stare at them constantly - which is good, because I think I'd get sick of them if I did!

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
x3
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x3 »

thanks bamfer#373 i have had a secret crush on :) and alan cumming but i read in a news artical hes GAY im still in shock :bawl :bawl :bawl
darkness will rule,it is all i need,there is no happt outlook on life. Also find a cheer leader and saw her legs off.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by x3
thanks bamfer#373 i have had a secret crush on :) and alan cumming but i read in a news artical hes GAY im still in shock :bawl :bawl :bawl
Actually, he's bisexual, meaning he likes both guys and girls. So there may be hope for us yet!!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

as sad as it is, the girls at my school are obsessed with who's dating who. they all write the initials of the person they "love", aka, are dating, on their notebooks.
"E.M. Heart J.T." or "I Heart M.M." stuff like that.

so i might try something.
i'll write "I heart NC" (nightcrawler, "I heart KW" (Kurt Wagmer), and "I heart AC" (Alan Cumming) all on the same page.

Here's how i think it would go:

a girl passing by sees the page and squeals "OMG! YOU'RE DATING THREE GUYS!!!"

Me: No, but i like three guys.

Girl: WHO ARE THEY! *a group of her friends came over by now*

Me: I'm not going to tell you.

Girl: Come on!!! Please?

Me: Alright. His name's Kurt.... and he's from Germany.

GIRLS: OOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!

Me: And this one is Alan. He's from Scotland.

Girls: WOH!

Me: And the last one's a secret.

since almost all of the girls at my school are preppy airheads, they wont know that i'm lying :)
that'll be the funny part
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

nobody knows!

Post by thylacine »

Nobody knows that I like Nightcrawler because no one in my life even knows who the heck he is! I saw him in the movie and thought he was a great character and an inspiration being so spiritual and forgiving of people and etc... (because I'm certainly not as forgiving!) I felt like, sheesh, this dude is a better mutant than I am! He forgives people for being cruel to him, and I cannot... Anyway... I don't tell anyone about it, but still want to discuss it, so that's why I come here!
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

People know I'm obsessed cause I was going wild when the X2 DVD was getting closer to comming out. Some people thinks it's weird but you know other people have their own obsession about things too. Could be a TV show, a music band, a type of food, a game, an actor/actress or even a movie. People shouldn't make fun of someone's obsession because well they have an obsession of their own. But it's good that we have these message boards to talk about Nightcrawler cause if there wasn't I'd feel alone.
BLUE_2007
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by BLUE_2007 »

EVERYONE here in Gallatin knows I'm a big Nightcrawler fan because I have Nightcrawler shirt that I wear all the time...

Amused tolerance? *Some of my friends think it's funny, but they don't really care. They don't particularly like Nightcrawler, but they have nothing against him.

Amused intolerance? *Oh, some people who (shall remain nameless, but whose initials are Z-A-C B-R-A-D-L-E-Y) like to poke fun at me and my friends every so often. We like to think of ourselves as "above it".

Confusion? *A lot of the people who aren't my friends, but aren't my enemies, just don't "get it". They think that it's weird to like something that doesn't exist.

Disappointment? *My mom is constantly telling me that people are going to think I'm weird, or a nerd, or a geek, and that I'm not going to have any friends, and stuff like that! My dad doesn't really care because he was a nerd when he was my age.

Support? Are they obsessed too? *My closest three friends are all obsessed with something, and they all like X-MEN, and especially Nightcrawler, so we get along just fine.
Holy crap, it's been awhile!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Yes. And after I put up a site devoted to the blue fuzzy elf they think I may have just lost the last handfull of marbles that were still in my head:crazed.

Nightcrawler Heaven
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Of course they know I like Nightcrawler! Just about everyone I know I've told... Not many people cared much about it, but there are some people who think I take it too far in what I do. :LOL
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

Oooh, yes. Just about everyone in my life knows about my 'Crawler obsession. My family, definitely. My parents just chalk it up to my general oddness ;), my sisters and son share it, and my husband and I have developed an "understanding."

Me: Honey, I'm working on this piece of fic and I need a man's POV.

Hubby: Mm-hmm?

Me: Uh, right. So ... okay, here's the set-up ...

Hubby: Let me quess. I've got a blue tail, I'm covered with fur and ...

And that's pretty much how it goes. ;)

As for folks outside the family, anyone who has seen my car knows (license plate: BAMF!, little swashbuckling Kurt clinging to the window, etc.), but I'm not sure they really "get" it. I've had quite a few people ask me what "BAMF" stands for (and I've had some REALLY weird guesses. LOL!)
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Booker »

My friend Holly makes everyone little sculpy statues for birthdays and christmas and stuff. She gave me my present yesterday. It was a little statue of Nightcrawler!

So yeah, people know that I'm a little bit...obsessive about Nightcrawler.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

... *Points wildly at the Nighty/Toad scene* AAAAHH!!! Toad! T_T
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

my friends all know and put up whith it,one is obsesed whith Cyclops and another whith gambit, so we are all crazy together!! and we run around our school yelling X-MEN!!. my parents have put up whith it untill recently when i started using all the ink on our printer, printing off Kurt pictures . i now have 24 pics of kurt on my wall and i look at them every night! :tail
x3
Lubber
Lubber

Post by x3 »

you guys are my best freinds cause you under staind me :D
darkness will rule,it is all i need,there is no happt outlook on life. Also find a cheer leader and saw her legs off.
NightLilly
Lubber
Lubber

Post by NightLilly »

YES!!! of course ppl know im a nighty fan as it is my 1 joy in life...only jokeing
!. pasta
2. shooting bottle full o water wi a gun fae my mates window tehe
3. singing along with tenasious d while shooting bottle filled with water from my mates window
4. eating pasta while singing along with tenasious d while shooting bottle filled with water from my mates window

see...i have alot of things that i like
;pant:love I Love Alan Cumming:love;pant

:tub"I love english tubs" Kurt Wanger:tub

PROUD Member of the ILTSNITB (I'd love to see nighty in the buff) club No 1#
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Some people know i think. My sister does at least. I used to be a huge superman fan and have alot of his merchandise so people still relate with that i think.

But i hope there starting to recognize my Nightcrawler worship. My msn name is always nightcrawler and I just bought a shirt with him on it.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

today was a good day for me.
I found out one of my friends wants to marry Nightcrawler (movie version), another friend is in love with EvoKurt, and another friend loves Alan Cumming!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! School just got a lot more interesting......
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dark Angel »

I know, i know my one friend finally got to see X2 for the first time and she IM me saying that see LOVED Nightcrawler and that he is the coolest. I finally am not alone here. And my other friend saw it over the week end and see LOVED it too. At first she thought she wouldn't like it but after hearing about how great the movie was from me she watched it and now we talk about it everytime we see each other. She's hoping to see the first one. Now I have two people I can talk to about it. I am not alone here anymore!!!!! HAHAHA!!!
pookizegreat
Lubber
Lubber

Post by pookizegreat »

They know all too well. I just discovered today that a bunch of guys in my Science class thinks he's rad (yay, more people to squee to!!), and I proceeded to talk incessantly about him. My best of friends tend to joke and ask "How's Kurt?" and my Mom's been watching me squee over him since I was about 8 years old. She pats me on the head a lot. *giggles and runs into a wall* She seems to think I'm mad, and I've no idea why ... xO
pookizegreat
Lubber
Lubber

Post by pookizegreat »

They know all too well. I just discovered today that a bunch of guys in my Science class thinks he's rad (yay, more people to squee to!!), and I proceeded to talk incessantly about him. My best of friends tend to joke and ask "How's Kurt?" and my Mom's been watching me squee over him since I was about 8 years old. She pats me on the head a lot. *giggles and runs into a wall* She seems to think I'm mad, and I've no idea why ... xO
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

When I learned of all the NC extras on the X2 DVD, I squealed in Walmart, where I was pointing it out to my mum. She raised an eyebrow just like Agent Smith, and said, "I take it you like that guy?" :LOL

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well all the people that know me in the realy world do. My aunt got me in to it. My mother just ignoredit and my BF is obsessed with War stuff. So him and me decied to let eachother do ower own thing and not ask any questions.
My in line friends found out when I changed my avtar and banner with Nightcrawler stuff. A few asked me and were cool about it. Most of them don;t mind becouse there in to a anime show that most of them would not want people in there realy life know about. I;m also in tothat anime show(and all the other sutff that is linked to it) but that a whole other thing.

So yeah every one I know now does know I'm a NightCrawler fanatic.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3