Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Slarti, you've been called out. Pictures, por favor.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

What witchbrew said (6 months ago!) applies to me. Most of my friends and family know I'm a comics and cartoons fan, but they don't know what I'm specifically into. They know I like Disney cuz my work is related to Disney and they know I collect toys and figures cuz they've seen my collection when they visit me, but other than that only a very select few know and share my hobbies (I'm talking RL only, you could say I started hanging around forums and the internet in general in search of people that shared my obsessions, since I have so few RL friends who do)

My parents do know what I like and they respect it, even if they don't understand it at all. :P

And what's this talk about a hoodie? Wanna see!
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

I love digging up old threads. I didn't even know this existed!

I don't own anything Nightcrawler, really. I have a Wolverine tank top and a X-Men t-shirt with Nightie hiding down in the deep dark corner. I don't watch the cartoons. I don't own any of the movies. I rarely show people my Nightcrawler fan art. I don't own any action figures (but I wanna make myself a Bamf doll!). I went as Rogue for Halloween last year.

And yet EVERYBODY IN THE WHOLE WORLD knows I'm a Nightcrawler fan.

Why? Because I'm a words person. I'm a talker. And boy, do I talk about Nightie a lot.

All the time. Constantly. I love to talk about Nightcrawler. Everything. I could talk for hours about him: longer than I could talk about any other of my fanatic character obsessions, actually.

My mom is awesome. For my plane ride to England this summer, she bought me an indigo velvet neck pillow. I'm not sure she even knew what she had done when she got it, but I squealed more than once.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

I don't talk much about my obsessions cuz I know the people I talk to are not interested, friends or not. I may talk a little about stuff when prompted, but at some point their faint interest will turn to polite interest and that's when I change the subject.

I do have a couple of friends who are as obsessed as me (not with Nightcrawler specifically, but they understand obssesion) so I compensate it by talking to them about it. And of course, there are forums like this one where I can "talk" to my heart's content ;)

Mum doesn't like Nightcrawler. He's one of the many "monsters" I collect. She calls anything that's not Disney or My Little Pony a monster, so it's nothing against Nightie's looks LOL.

[Edited on 23/10/09 by wizardelfgirl]
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

funny im a kid no seriosly im 12 and im the oldest of 5 children...they all hate x-men and i love it and my favorite is nightcrawler...they all think im wierd and say i love him and want to marrie him...wish he were real :love

[file]14212[/file]
Attachments
danger room.jpg-thumb.jpg
danger room.jpg-thumb.jpg (7.05 KiB) Viewed 8440 times
danger room.jpg
danger room.jpg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 8498 times
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Mistress_D »

Actually, my best friends never knew I was a Nightcrawler fan until X2, then they were amazed at how much I really knew! ;) My dad and brother know all too well my love of all things fuzzy elf, but the subject has never arisen with any girls before. Most of the time when they see me making or looking at a picture, they just say "ew" or something along those lines. Of course they also say about my real life crush David Draiman. I guess the girls I know just don't have any taste. :rolleyes

[Edited on 28/6/10 by Mistress_D]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Oh yeah, they know. ;)

After the death of Kurt, it became very evident to my close friends, people I go to comic stores with, people who I jive about comics with, that I felt particularly jaded by his death. Even Fraction/Bendis/Brevoort felt my pain during this phase. LOL! :LOL

However; people know me first and foremost as "The guy who really likes Spider-Man" and then "Oh, and he loved Kurt (for some retarded reason?) and is still pissed he's dead" which is actually not true but school's been basically out since his death so no one really sees me much except at the comic store.

That said, Kurt's death really confirmed my fan<3 for him. I get very defensive when people (such as the guy in line at Midtown Comics) call him a weak character. I explain that his baggage given to him by Chuck Austen and how he was poorly handled post mid 90's (for the most part) did not help.

I got into one particular debate (where I felt I actually might be wrong! :eek!) where the guy told me "LEt's face it, Kurt was intriguing when he first came out but he was never actually cool until he joined Excalibur, and after that, he was just back to being intriguing. They did the religion thing to give him a different character definition, spice him up. The problem is, when you have too many different people writing, you lose track of some characters, and somewehre down the line, he becomes the son of the devil and it just stops being cool religious character and he becomes bleak and dull." (that's a summary not a direct quote... obvs... i'm not Jimmy Olsen with my notepad out all the time)

I chose my words carefully and responded (again this is not direct quote):

"Kurt's always been cool because he's not just different on the outside, he's different on the in. Throughout the 90's so many characters became brutal, violent, hefty in drama, weighted by sadness, and defined by their past tragedies. Even while his past became more adn more retconned into a tragic one (Steffan's death, etc, etc,) He still stayed jovial and optimistic. He took the good and the bad the same way and balanced it out with hope and faith that in the end, he was a good person and he would be remembered for that, if nothing else. This of course inspired other characters around him, and when Kurt's around, people just tend to act more like heroes, or just genuinely good people. Prime example being Logan; 'course. The downside is, some characters who you want to see down and out (Logan?) lose some of their fanbase when happygoluckyElf shows up, but if you ask me, having a character for someone LIKE Logan/Scott/Warren to turn to when things go down hill or sour, to bring the spirit/mood of the book back up, is not only fun but crucial when proceeding stuff like weapon-x plots, AoA plots, or Onslaught plots."

He asked me why I thought Kurt's death was tragic and I responded with:

"Not only is he the only existing embodiment of what's left of the X-Men, but the other characters (whether the writers want to agree to this or not) are clearly aware of this. Scott's character, while annoying as always to me, has been clearly defined now as not just a hard-ass, but a generalissimo type hardass. But he is burning for the death of Kurt and it's evident in the more recent issues (Speciically X-Men Legacy) that he is hiding his anger at himself for this death (and other terrible losses) behind the guise of a "strong man". To me; kurt's death may seem irrelevant now to fans, but they're going to be shown--soon too-- just how important and crucial to the team he was. That's a void that can only be filled pieces at a time, but never all at once. His comedic timing, his way with the ladies, his demonic appearance, his teleporting ability, his tech-smarts, his leadership, his faith, are all character traits that no singular character shares, but rather multiple characters have each piece of. Non-Kurt fans will see a hole in the team, and Yost/Fraction won't let you forget that hole is there, I sincerely believe this."

He then told me "Shit.... you're really an Elf fan huh?" and i told him "I don't make the Vulcan sign of greeting man, it's Kurt's fingers." to which we all had a good laugh over.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult, where do you think you were wrong in that debate? The only thing that I think could possibly be wrong is your faith that the creators will not let Kurt be forgotten.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He made a valid point that he had lost touch with his fanbase and become less interesting post-Excalibur. For quite awhile no one really knew what to do with him. He's be shuffled about and for the last two years for sure, he was just the stab-buddy, gunshot practice buddy for the X-Team.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
DarkHound
Lubber
Lubber

Post by DarkHound »

Well, my father and his girlfriend absolutely know of my obsestion. My mother and half sister don't, my friend has probably picked up on it by now, but, no one really knows about my mild crush on him. except X2, I really had a problem with that NC's appearance.
My Father and his girlfriend are amused by this, they don't really mind, they like him too, esspecially my dad's girlfriend. My friend doesn't seem to mind, though he's more impressed by wolverine.
Favorite Nightcrawler Quotes:
Jean: It's really warm out today.
Nightcrawler: Try being blue and fuzzy! It's murder!

Wolverine: Maybe you should get some help from yor girl, Wendy.
Nightcrawler: It's Wanda, and she's not my girl.