Do people *know* that you're a Nightcrawler fan?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

Do people know I'm a Nightcrawler fan?

Damn straight:D

Before I was like, yeah Nighty's my fave...after I saw the movie, however, THAT'S when I became obsessed. I am constantly drawing pics of him when im bored...I got a rosary and I bless my food in the lunchroom every day(which my friends find hilarious) And every time a make a bad grade on a test I give myself "scars" (taking a blue marker and making swirly designs on myself) one for every sin...so quite a few:P

I also am constantly on the lookout for stripey pants and a kick-ass jacket like his in X2:shifty
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Pirotess
BamfChyck, i'll 2nd Sandy's request!! What does it look like?

A Nighty tattoo..That's by far the wowest thing i've heard today (and many other days) ^.^b
I actually have two Nightcrawler tattoos.

I talked about this in anpother thread, but I can't find it now, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself and boring some of you. The question was something like "What's the weirdest thing you've ever done for Nightcrawler?" and while my answer was that I'd gone back to church as an adult (but I'm not Catholic, just a regular Christian).

I also mentioned that I'd gotten two tattoos: the first in '93, the second in '00. They're nice pictures of Kurt and rather sentimental to me because they're from the era when I first realized I was in love with him. *sigh*
I got them both at a local tattoo shop. I brought in the pictures I liked and the artist was able to translate them onto my skin.

They're not very visible, as I am a pretty conservative dresser by tradition and necessity.

Can you see them? Sure--if I can figure out how. I tried to post pictures before (while I was visiting my sister-in-law because she has a digital camera) and couldn't make it work. I'm not very good at these kinds of things but I will ask my partner to help me and maybe it can happen.

But honestly, I think it'd be easier just to have you all over for tea, scones and fry bread. Then I can show you all. How's next Sunday afternoon?
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Dude, you HAVE to get ahold of a digital camera or something and show us!

Hey...new thread topic! "Nighty Tattoos"! :eeevil *runs off to start thread*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

What---you don't like tea? Well, I have vanilla soy milk, too.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Tea? Curse it, where's the beer?!?! :beer

Just kidding...I only drink beer (GERMAN KIND ONLY!!!) when my grandparents are over, and that's only four or five times a year, depending on weather or time of year.

Otherwise, it's ALL good!! :D

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

I'll take some tea!... I love Tea!... hate soda, bleh... wait, off topic... um... Toad rules!... Okay, so thats kinda ontopic... sort of... Okay so I love Nightcrawler too! Ah gotta stay on topic
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Pirotess
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Pirotess »

Hey Bamf Chyck, i was impressed before, but the church going... Wow. You're really nutty *takes a few steps back* :whistle

Sunday sounds good btw but maybe we should wait for the X2 dvd to come out, and have a bigger Kurt Drooling fiesta then. You provide the buckets and the tattoos. How's that? ;)

Thanks for sharing the info, i dunno why, but it's always heart warming to come across ppl who passionately share a same interest. That was a nice read. And if you're ever able to show us pics, it'd be cool.

Just curious.. Do you kiss him goodnight before going to sleep? :p
~1 of these days i'll gather enough courage to say something to Dave Cockrum :blush ~
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I kiss mine. Not that I'd ever let the other family members know that. :shifty

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Pirotess
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Pirotess »

It's ok. You're among freaks here. We don't judge. Just envy.

Conclusion: Never get Nightcralwer tattoed on yer back, people.
(Unless you share his Yoga level of course..) ;)
~1 of these days i'll gather enough courage to say something to Dave Cockrum :blush ~
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Naw, we're not freaks!! Just a little...off. :cracked

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

no Siona, ...were not off either..i like to think of us as "Highly Enthusiastic" ...its sounds alot nicer :p
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Oh, nice! "The Highly Enthusiastic Nightcrawler Fans"!! :LOL

I'm first member!!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Ha.... the first day I got my Kurt action figure, I feel asleep with him in my arms... I feel like I'm repeating myself in another thread, but uh... meh, oh well lol... now if college would quit eating my money, I would get a Toad action figure... *Sigh* He comes with a long tou... er... slime >.> .>
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?

TOAD FANS UNITE!

Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

first you make matthew lawrence into gambit..and now you steal my phrase...*evil glare* ..thin ice missy! :LOL

on another note..clubs arent allowed anymore
Originally posted by Siona
Oh, nice! "The Highly Enthusiastic Nightcrawler Fans"!! :LOL

I'm first member!!

~Siona
Call me King!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

EEK!! *quickly changes sig.*

Testy are we, precious? :poke

~Siona

-- SheCat.
tailbiter
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tailbiter »

Only one person knows I'm a Nightcrawler fan (a friend of mine who's been reading X-Men from the beginning) and he's cool about it, teasing me in a gentle way. He was nice enough to send me the "passion play" series to read. I do have a poster of Wolverine, L. Deathstrike, Mystique and Nightcrawler on the wall of my classroom and I have my fingers crossed that nobody screams that it's indecent (because Mystique looks so nude). Many kids at my school are big X-Men fans and I prolly wouldn't say anything about liking Kurt unless they asked me. I feel weird about liking Kurt as it's been about a 20 year absence for me since I first fell in love with him when the X-Men "guest starred" on the cartoon "The Amazing Spiderman and His Friends" (anybody remember that?). Anyway, I feel better that I'm not alone in my blue-furred love affair (anyone here like Hank McCoy too?):love
Mi principe azul!
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

I do! But not as much as Mortimer and Kurt... ^_^ I proved my insanity Thursday... really... after that hit and run thing, laying in the middle of the road I couldn't help but think to myself, I wish I had Logan's healing factor. Ow... >.o my ribs... I've alive... sortof
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?

TOAD FANS UNITE!

bamfer#373
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfer#373 »

to jump back in time a bit..*makes warpy sound* about BamfChyck's urt Tattoo...I'd LOVE one, but haven't the funds, nor the pain-taking skills:rolleyes to handle a proper tattoo. SO, I did the next best thing! KURT HENNAS! I have this big evo-kurt up the side of my arm now!! *shoves in brothers face* now who's obsessed? :cracked
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps. :poke
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Most people know me for being a total movie, comics and book buff, but I don't think they now of my little Crawler fascination...

Except for all the drawings I make of him, the fact that he's on my desktop, the piles of comics, etc...:rolleyes
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Bamf_A_Licious_Baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_A_Licious_Baby »

Everyone knows that I am a Nightcrawler fan.My kids, co workers, I have him everywhere . But I was always deemed looney so I guess they don't care too much. Now when I build that teakwood shrine in my living room, that's when they'll sit up and take notice!!
The High Exalted Dark Priestess of the Bamf!:bamf:

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war."-Bob Marley

Charter member of the We Like To Edit Club.
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #25
NSNS Member #3

:love: He is just TOO sexy for words!:love:
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Actaully, since I came back to school, more and more people have noticed, such as my friend recognizing a Kurt drawing on my binder after only having seen X2 once (i'm so proud of her :*) ) and my ex who is still my friend has watched as i've become a bigger and bigger x-men fan over the years, as well as the kids at my school seeing me going off after school to the comic store to get the latest Uncanny :D. but i'm still pretty modest about it. And NO ONE knows i watch Evo.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i think only two people know that i'm a HUGE nighty fan- one of my buddies thinks i'm a freak for liking that "ugly creature" :P - shows what she KNOWS
& another teases me about- see Matt's a Huge wolvie fan & he asked if i liked wolvie & i said "no not now but i used too- hes overused & overrated"- he was surpised that i didnt ( he likes nighty too btw but his fave is wolvie)-
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Do people know? Oh, yeah, they know.

I have comic Kurt on my computer desktop at work and the X2 bobblehead on my desk (chilling with Chiana from Farscape). I'm currently sipping jasmine tea from my Nightscrawlers mug and using my NightScrawlers mousepad and I wear my t-shirts to work and everywhere else I can. My boss even knows who Nightcrawler is thanks to me. I also got to interview Dave Cockrum last year and get the story in my newspaper. (Yes, I work for a newspaper, hence my avy is Kat from Deadline. I look like her and have her job. :D)

I have movie Kurt hanging upside down from the rear view mirror of my car and a NightScrawlers sticker in the back window. My whole family and all our friends knows about my Nighty obsession, and since my husband loves Hawkman and he and his best friend used to own a comic shop comic stuff is pretty common at our house. I have a shelf with nothing but Kurt stuff on it in my office at home and several framed posters by Dave Cockrum and Alan Davis on the walls -- that's to balance out Hubby's shelf of Hawkman stuff and posters in HIS office! LOL!

So I think people MIGHT have a clue. ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

LOL people at my work now knows..and the funny thing is, a workmate likes him also because of the movie :D
we spent an hour the other day talking about him at the office.
nitedrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nitedrew »

Most of my mates think i'm looney for even liking x-men but i don't care. i'm a Nighty fan and i'm proud !!! once i dressed up in my NC t-shirt and paraded round town shouting i love NC (after about 5 secs my friends tried to lose me but failed):LOL