Remy not being in X2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by lonewolf »

I really doo hope that he has a part in x3. It would be good of they could get an actor to play him instead of a stuntman. And i hope he gets the accent right!!!
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Dracadancer »

Singer has said in the past that Gambit will probably never have a big part. Most likely he'll be a member of the brotherhood if he makes it into X3 at all. Of couse things can always change and we can always hope the next movie isn't about Logan and Jean. But really, what are the odds of that happening? :p
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by SheCat »

Aaaargh! Screw Jean! There was enough focus on her!
I think we could revolve all of X3 around three focal points

1. Gambit comes in and Rogue is caught in a triangle
2. Nighcrawler fitting in
3. Genetic War! Sentinels!

But of course it the Phoenix saga and they wont have Gambit 'cause he's 'too much like Logan', which he aint. Screw whoever thought of that idea!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by TATU2005
hey man..if all these little girlies can drool over a blue elf...why cant i drool over a cajun accent & red eyes?! give me 1 good reason!

Alright....**brings out the plastic for Stevie to drool on**...drool away! But watch my clothes! That stuff can travel!:LMAO

I want to see Gambit in the next movie. A backside shot in the shower would be nice. Heh... Stevie? Don't you agree?:D
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

...uh... :halogrin ... my lawyers have advised me not to comment on naked gambit at this time...

Originally posted by bamf!nightcrawler

Alright....**brings out the plastic for Stevie to drool on**...drool away! But watch my clothes! That stuff can travel!:LMAO

I want to see Gambit in the next movie. A backside shot in the shower would be nice. Heh... Stevie? Don't you agree?:D
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

heh...Gambit spread in Playgirl. Hey not bad:naughty...but just seeing him in X-3 would be great! I'd like to see him before Beast and Archangel. I think Gambit has more interesting mutant powers:)

[quote]Originally posted by TATU2005
...uh... :halogrin ... my lawyers have advised me not to comment on naked gambit at this time...
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by SheCat »

Yeah, and he's got the much of de girl population wrapped aroun' his li'l finger! I'd see it a whole heckuva lot of times if he was in it! As long as dey didn' screw him up...Grrr I'd kill Singer den!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by lonewolf »

It would be great to see him in x3 maybe he gets caught up with dark pheonix that would be ok. I can't wait to see beast as well that'll be wicked :D

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

The two most likely characters (other than Psycho Bird, that's a god-given now) are said to be Angel and/or Beast.

But, still...*crosses fingers*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

i would doubt archangel would appear...didnt they leave him out of x2 because he was too expensive to create? Those digital wings could set them back a pretty penny

anyway..its probably for the best...if they did a really bad cant act cant talk cant do anything remotely right gambit? well...Ms. Psycho bird would have nothing on me....
Call me King!
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by TheSpike »

Ok, I know everyone's gonna try to kill me for that, but methinks Tom Cruise could be the Ragin Cajun...

*dodges thrown :sausage : :sausage Matrix-style*
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Remy not being in X2

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Dracadancer
My Gambit would be Jim Caviezel (If you don't know who that is it's the guy that played Edmond Dantes aka. The Count of Monte Cristo). LOVE that guy! He's just all that and a bag of chips. I think he's got the Gambit look and I don't care what accent it's in he can just talk to me ALL day long....;)
I agree--he's got that wounded tough guy thing going almost as much as Hugh, but with more smoldering sexuality and a touching vulnerability. Plus he knows how to have fun! He'd be a great Remy.

I don't like the idea of Tom Cruise. He just doesn't have the right body type of fierce personality.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

..........tom cruise?! *throws a pissed off dark phoenix style sausage*

james isnt that bad but he looks a little too much like hugh..... i think they could find better ;)

Originally posted by TheSpike
Ok, I know everyone's gonna try to kill me for that, but methinks Tom Cruise could be the Ragin Cajun...

*dodges thrown :sausage : :sausage Matrix-style*
Call me King!
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by lonewolf »

yeah james isn't that bad but you need some1 like. erm. Well they have kept all of the massive movie names out of both x1 and x2 apart from halle berry

sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Remy not being in X2

Post by sevati »

Eh... I don't particullarly like the stuntman's looks. He doesn't look like Remy, and his hair is too short. I know there are wigs, but...
Though I find it so amusing he actually has training with a quarter staff. Or was it a bo staff?

As for Jim Caviezel, I do not like the idea of him playing Remy. He's in Mel Gibson's 'The Passion', which is said to be quite anti-Jewish. I can't respect anyone who chooses to be apart of a project like that. If someone has done wrong in my mind, I will make a concious effort to not be exposed to their work (R. Kelly is one shining example).

As to Xavier's attack... I didn't know that's how they made Remy's powers manifest in the novel. Wow... that means he's still a teenager in the movie-verse. That doesn't settle well with me. Remy's always been in his early to late 20s, several years older than Rogue. It just wouldn't work any other way.

And whomever suggested that they bring him in for a love-triangle... Ok.. we had a Wolvie/Jean/Scott triangle in X1.. the same in X2, plus that Iceman/Rogue/Pyro thing..
It just feels so blah to have another one involving Rogue so soon.

All that said, I hope they find a decent way to include Remy in the next film. But not as a teenager!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Remy not being in X2

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by sevati
As to Xavier's attack... I didn't know that's how they made Remy's powers manifest in the novel. Wow... that means he's still a teenager in the movie-verse. That doesn't settle well with me.
Actually, it could just mean that Gambit never had situations stressful enough to kick his powers in; Hank McCoy also mutated into Beast in the novel, but he was an adult.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

As I have said before, Gambit needs to be in X-3.

**Ken picks up the phone. Dials.**

Ken--"Hi. Yes. 20th Century Fox? I like to speak to Brian Singer please...uh...yes...for an interview. Thank you."

** Ken is put on hold. Muzak plays on the other end of the phone. A tired version of Barry Manilow's "I Write The Songs"**

**a man answers the phone**

"Hello"

"Mr. Singer?"

"Yes. This is Mr. Singer"

"Brian. Bud. Can we have Gambit in X-3?"

"Well...it hasn't been decided yet. We're still trying to negotiate terms with Halle Berry."

"Give up on her and start looking for a Gambit. We want to see the ragin' cajun."

**silence for a moment**

"Who is this?"

"A concerned fan. Also, a writer myself. If you need some help developing a script..."

(interjects)..."I have my own writers, thank you."

"I realize that. But I have some interesting ideas you may want to look into."

**silence once more.**

"Eh...I really can't say at this time what the script will hold. It is still in re-write. But I appreciate your call. Thank You".....click.

**a dial tone is heard.:huh Ken is left there with his mouth open.**

"eh...ya...thanks for time...: "

:yell

**Movie censors arrive at my door. Ken opens the door and is tackled to the ground by three large stocky guys in suits**

:secret
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by LadyBamf »

One of my friends got me intrested in the idea of Sean Patrick Flannery as Gambit. I have to say I would not mind at all if he got the part...:D Here a pic of him...

http://www.peepshowfan.com/other/sean/pics/11.jpg
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Tatu »

oooh.....i actually like him, he could work!
although, ive never heard of him..but who cares id never head of hugh either and i love him to death

woo..wolvie, nighty ,remy, bring on psylocke and emma and im a happy bunny!
Originally posted by LadyBamf
One of my friends got me intrested in the idea of Sean Patrick Flannery as Gambit. I have to say I would not mind at all if he got the part...:D Here a pic of him...

Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Remy not being in X2

OOHHH...he would work for me too! As long as the accent and his looks are right when in costume, I think we'll be all set for a Gambit.:)
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Remy not being in X2

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Gimme Mortimer and Kurt and I'm set for life... wow... I was actually told I needed more letter for my post... thats the first time thats ever happened... ahaha!! Not anymore
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by lonewolf »

They did have a little bit tooooo much of jean in x2 but heh who is complaining. Rogue was good in x2 however i think that there was a little bit to much. There for my solution is KILL ROGUE :rogue GASP I CANT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT SOME1 KILL ME!!!!. I :love :rogue :kiss. :cry ;sniff' How could I.

Anyway im back now from crying my eyes out in my bedroom lol :p and i am now agreeeing with shecat. SCREW jean. FDark pheonix will be cool though :D

sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Remy not being in X2

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by LadyBamf

Dear Goddess LadyBamf *fans self* that's quite a hunk there. Lemme look something up.

WOW. He was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana (raised in Texas though). Lake Charles is in Calcasieu Parish, and is a Cajun area.

Has a black belt in karate. In the other pics on the site, he looks a bit old. That could pose a problem, since Remy has that perennial babyface going on... at least I think so (you don't see any wrinkles).
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Remy not being in X2

Post by LadyBamf »

The last movie I saw him in, which was a pretty recent film, I think he looked young enough. He also pulled off a amazing Irish accent so maybe he can do a equally good cajun one?
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Da Fuzzy Man
Lubber
Lubber

Remy not being in X2

Post by Da Fuzzy Man »

Eh... I don't particullarly like the stuntman's looks. He doesn't look like Remy, and his hair is too short. I know there are wigs, but...
I read an interview with this guy on SHH!: Super Hero Hype. Apparently Brian Singer chose him to play Gambit solely because of his look. Gambit had about one line, so no real acting had to be done. Too bad it ended up on the cutting room floor though.
:smirk Chicks dig da fuzzy man. :evokurt

:tophat It must be my devilish good looks.