Alan Cumming Thread

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Just one more day until Out On The Edge airs on Comedy Central at 10 p.m.!!!!
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Alan Trivia in the TV Focus

Post by rockstar »

Each week, a magazine called the TV Focus comes with our newspaper (it's our TV Guide). It has trivia right by the crossword puzzle. This week's trivia was all about Alan Cumming!!! Test Your knowledge!

1. Alan Cumming, who hosts the Comedy Cetral's "Out on the Edge with Alan Cumming," is so busy that his friends call him "Uppin Cumming." In what country was he born?

2. Cumming won a Tony in 1998 for his performance in what Broadway revival?

3. Cumming provided the voice for which of the three characters in NBC's shortlived 2000 animated series "God, the Devil and Bob"?

4. Gwyneth Paltrow starred with Cumming in a 1996 film adaptation of what Jane Austen classic?

5. Cumming caught the attention of many U.S. moviegoers playing Sean Walsh in this 1995 romantic drama that also starred Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell. Can you name it?

6. Cumming scored with young audience when he created a character named Fegan Floop in what movie trilogy aimed at kids?

7. Kathy Bates, Audra McDonald and Victor Garber were Cumming's co-stars in ABC's 1999 TV adaptation of what hit Broadway musical?

8. What is "Tommy's Tale"?

9. Cumming played Kurt Wagner, better known as Nightcrawler, in what 2003 superhero blockbuster?

10. Cumming hosts a series of specials called "Eavesdropping With Alan Cumming" for what cable channel?

[spoiler]
1. Scotland
2. Cabaret
3. The Devil
4. "Emma"
5. "Circle of Friends
6. "Spy Kids," "Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams," and "Spy Kids 3D: Game Over."
7. "Annie"
8. "Tommy's Tale" was Cumming's first novel, published in the United States in 2002.
9. "X2: X-Men United"
10. Oxygen[/spoiler]

I got two wrong.
If anyone get's number 9 wrong, that's pretty sad.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

1. Alan Cumming, who hosts the Comedy Cetral's "Out on the Edge with Alan Cumming," is so busy that his friends call him "Uppin Cumming." In what country was he born?

Scotland

2. Cumming won a Tony in 1998 for his performance in what Broadway revival?

Cabarat

3. Cumming provided the voice for which of the three characters in NBC's shortlived 2000 animated series "God, the Devil and Bob"?
The Devil (I really wanted to see that....)
4. Gwyneth Paltrow starred with Cumming in a 1996 film adaptation of what Jane Austen classic?

Emma....want to see that too.

5. Cumming caught the attention of many U.S. moviegoers playing Sean Walsh in this 1995 romantic drama that also starred Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell. Can you name it?

Uhhh...damnit! Damnit damnit damnit, I don't know! It's on the tip of my tongue!

6. Cumming scored with young audience when he created a character named Fegan Floop in what movie trilogy aimed at kids?

Gee, could it be SPY KIDS? BTW, was he in all three or just one?

7. Kathy Bates, Audra McDonald and Victor Garber were Cumming's co-stars in ABC's 1999 TV adaptation of what hit Broadway musical?

Annie!

8. What is "Tommy's Tale"?

His auto-biography...or something like that. Anyway, it's a book he wrote.

9. Cumming played Kurt Wagner, better known as Nightcrawler, in what 2003 superhero blockbuster?

OH GEES! I know this one....um....that X-men sequel?

10. Cumming hosts a series of specials called "Eavesdropping With Alan Cumming" for what cable channel?

Oxygen. I get that. Is it still on?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I only saw the one showing of Eavesdropping With Alan Cumming with guest Liv Tyler, Is the show still on I love his show.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

There's this commerical on TV for a car. I don't know what type of car it was but it was driving in the snow and you heard two people singing Baby It's Cold Outside. I was like OMG that's Alan's song!!!!!! Then I sang along with the commerical. I have seen this commerical a few times and everytime I'm like that's Alan's song!! LOL
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

SAD! you people have to wait till 10:00 to watch Out On the Edge? I have a dish so we get things on TV three hours earlier. And if I miss it at 7:00 it'll be on again at 9:00. Ill be glued to the TV:toothy
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

I have TOTALLY been having a major Alan Cumming night! :LOL Gees, listen to me. You can already tell what I just watched!

My dad's gone on business for the week, so Mom and I have the TV!!! YAY! We went to blockbuster and rented "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion," "Circle of Friends," and "Kate & Leopold..."

Ok, so K&L doesn't have Alan, but it has Hugh Jackman! :kiss

I just watched R&M and I LOOOOOVE it! OMG, when they had the flashback scenes, I SO knew people like Sandy in HS, only they weren't as sweet as he was. But when he came down on the chopper, I practically drooled! And he does an American accent VERY well, I might add. And the dance scene: GENIUS! Lisa, Alan, and Mira are SO hilarious and they know it!

I just need to quote Michelle in saying this: "Oh my God! I am SO glad you got rid of that big notebook!!!"

Is it out on DVD cuz they didn't have it on DVD at Blockbuster....:( Only two more hours till Out on the Edge!!!
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by BamfChyck »

Okay, he's been talking for five minutes about his penis. I can't stop laughing. Penis' are kind of funny on their own, but when he talks about it--oodalahlee!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

ohmygod, he was in a leather kilt, and I think you could see a little something poking out!:shocked
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

YAAAAAAAAAY! LEATHER KILT! LEATHER KILT! ALAN WAS IN A LEATHER KILT!!!

*Dances around the room*

Man, was it just me or did he go through WAY too many wardrobe changes? Aw, I guess that's not so bad. I liked it when he wore that white top. I like ruffles....:lick

I swear, I almost squealed like crazy when he said "Get up, boy...." I know he was saying something to a man, but the TONE of his voice....awwwww.....

*starts drooling* Tissue....somebody, please...
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

OMG Alan was so funny!!!!!!!!!! That leather kilt was to DIE for!!!!!!! He was so sexy! LOL I liked all his costume changes and hair styles. We needed to see more Alan though! The wedding was just great! When Buddy asked the audience to marry him I was like YES! YES! YES! Hahahahaha! I also liked the song Bayne Gibby sang. When Buddy talked about how everything changed since Glitter I was laughing so hard I started to cough a lot because of my sore throat but it was alll worth it.:LOL
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by sevati »

I saw part of this when it was first on, and part when it was rerun at midnight.

I have to say while Alan is completely comfortable on the stage, some of the timing of his jokes vs. applause stunk. I guess he needs to adapt to stand-up versus performing on Broadway.

I loved the in-depth discussion of foreskin and Pigpen. I nearly fell off my bed. This is definately something I'm going to watch in the future.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by jimmy »

*WHOO I LOVED ALANS BLACK LEATHER KILT !:love:love
im still thinking about it
i wanna watch it a gain!
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I loved him!! He used to be a stand up comic, but I guess he got a bit rusty...still! mmmmm alan....
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

OMG I just found this out on imdb.com. I was just checking up on Alan's profile. I typed in his name but I accidently put to many m's in his last name. A list of names appeared and the first was Alan's but under that there was another Alan Cumming but it was CummingS with an S. I was like hey there's another Alan! Don't you hate it sometimes when people say Cummings instead of Cumming. (That happened with my hair dresser)Well now if people say "Oh Alan Cummings" you can tell them "No that's another actor I meant Alan Cumming!" :D Just thought that was a little interesting.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

You know your obsessed with Alan Cumming When...

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

1) You change your name to his, no matter what sex you are

2) Everyone you know thinks it's annoying when you compare all things to Alan.

3) You write his name on your own 600 point essay, and refuse to change it.

4) Can quote any line ever said by Alan in a movie.

5) Beat the crap out of anyone who doesn't know who he is or calls him Alan Cummings.

6)Have a tremendous collection of anything Alan.

7) Starts to hilucinate that the Scotty is EVERYWHERE!

8) have none too innocent dreams including Alan and a pineapple:D

9) Feel like your cheating on Alan when you look at another man.

10) When you left the Cabaret studio, you felt like someone was wrenching out your spleen 'cause you had to leave Alan.:(
11) Hate...no..LLOOAATTHH!! any woman or man that is within a close proximity to Alan 'cause you couldn't be there.

12) Think *what would Alan do?* when you're in a sticky sitch.

13) Pray to Alan, and if he dosn't answer, then you pray to god.

anyway those are the only ones I can think of right now, I had tons earlier. If you have some to contribute , go right on 'head.:D:D

Oh, and the pineapple thing, don't ask,just don't ask:LOL 'cause I'm not gonna answer:D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I've done most of those things actually...I worship my pictures of alan deeply!

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Circle of Friends

Post by Bitsy »

Ok. I just finished watching Circle of Friends with my mom and Alan plays the MOST dispicable character that I just adored hating! I mean, Sean Welsh was just....slimy and creepy and icky. EW!

MAJOR SPOILER:

[spoiler]I mean, the scene where Benny (Minnie Driver....did EXCELLENT btw) was searching Sean's flat, trying to find what he did with the money and you see him coming up the street. My God, I knew a scene like this would happen eventually and when he started taking his clothes off, I was just feeling my skin crawl. Like, part of me was "Oh my God! Benny, get out of there! Sean, you f*cking bastard!" But then, another part of me was seeing Alan and I immediately put myself in the scene and I was like "Yes, Alan! Anything you want! I won't be shy! Dear God, throw me down on the ground and make Alan Jr." (Please, don't get the wrong idea. I hate guys like that and I would loose all respect for Alan if he did that.) Still, I'm glad that nothing REALLY graphic happened and that sleeze got what he deserved. :D[/spoiler]

I have to admit, as much as I am really starting to love Alan, I perfer him being sweet, funny characters (Kurt, Sandy Frink, etc.)
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Lauren Are you serrious! I do to!,and nobody is allowed near my stash of Alan pics
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I am very serious! *stares at pictures some more* hehe

I loved that scene! I couldn't help but laugh when that happened! But I felt bad for him too...he always seemed sad:(

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

Feel BAD??? How could you possibly feel bad for Sean? Although it was Alan, you couldn't help but see what a sleeze he was. Still, it was sort of funny when she whacked him and threw his clothes at him. :LOL

I mean, how would you describe Sean? It was obvious he was after the Hogan's money, but do you really think he was in love with Benny or just lusted after her and felt a need to control her because she wasn't a knock-out gorgeous woman?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

but remember when he was watching the um *ahem* show in that house? The close up of his eyes looked so sad.. and the book makes you pity him more.

Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alan's website has been updated! I know it's been updated a few times but this is a BIG update!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://alancumming.com/

As you have probably heard Alan is doing the next X Men movie. Alan has been told that they are going to try to take an hour off the makeup process. He probably won't have to wear the contact lenses too. The producers told him that they were going to do a lot of interesting things to Nightcrawler. Alan's respond to that was, “What, does he wear a paper bag over his head now?” :LOL Alan you are too funny!!!!!!

Also in the Pop Icon section there is a link to a site that has a song about Alan. The band is called Turd Ferguson. It's really funny and ii's some kind of joke song.

I also heard that Alan and Nick's theater group(The Art Party) has closed. :(

Look for more talk show appearances by Alan in the future!

Son of the Mask released in October 2004.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

it's about time the site was updated, I love that site, I was wondering when they would update that

wuil now, must be going * types in the Alan Cumming site in search box*:kiss
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

his dog honey is so cute! I love how Honey is eating all those lollies!