Alan Cumming Thread

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OH!!! And you tell ME not to change the subject!

Alan is hot, but we all knew that anyway.

Visit him:
http://www.alancumming.com:love
one name: Bruce Campbell
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
:PI wasn't changin' the subject, TPAM did. Yes, the Queen and I would like to ask you POLITELY to give us your lovely Floop fan fic.:)
Sorry guys if I changed the subject. Here I'll bring it back. Alan is so cool!!!!!!!(We all know that!) Did any of you guys check out the new pictures from his site? There from his road trip to vancouver with Honey.

http://alancumming.com/frame.htm
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

No , I din't see them, thanks. Ill have to check those out later. You are forgiven...by me, hopefully Lauren will be in a forgiving mood> good luck:)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

AWWWW!!!! *steals Honey and keeps her for myself* she so cute!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Hey! Where's Bitsy? Haven't heard from her for a smidgen.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Violet (My Floop story)

Post by Bitsy »

*waves at Curly* HERE I AM! HERE I AM!!!
Sorry. Been busy making voodoo dolls of the customers that piss me off at Wal-Mart. Also, Ive been busy fufilling the request of Lauren and I finally finished my short story of Floop. For anyone whos just reading this, this is my "alternate universe" version of Spy Kids where I include a character loosely based on myself. I felt that Floop shouldve had a voice of reason in Spy Kids, henceforth creating Violet, his (in the movie) teenage neice. This story will explain all and my theory of why Floop got involved with his children show.

Violet

“Ok, increase the microbalance of the genetic stimulator a bit. Have the waves alter the left and right brain molecules about 20 percent. A little twitch here, a bit there and…” BANG! POW! SIZZLE! Floop and his fellow scientists gazed into the window, viewing the tiny lab rat as the brain modulator went into full activation.

Floop could feel his insides swelling with pride. Maybe this time, he’d be a success and his experiment will finally…

KABOOM!!!

The scientists had to shield there eyes when the large explosion took place. When they looked back, where the rat had been was nothing more but a smoking crater.

Dr. Benson removed his glasses and glared at Floop. “Another failure, Fegan?”

Floop nervously looked down at his notes. “I don’t understand it! I could’ve sworn that altering the waves would’ve…”

“Would’ve what?” snapped Benson. “Made the rat’s head explode instead of its whole body? Face it, Floop! You failed…again! How do you expect to be as successful as your father if you can’t even keep your subjects alive through one of your experiments?”

Floop flinched as Benson mentioned his father. The great Dr. Alfred Floop; award-winning scientist in the field of mental health. “I’m sorry,” he muttered, not meeting Benson’s glare. “It’s just if I had a bit more time…”

“We’ve given you all the time we can afford to waste, Floop! Now get out of our facility before I use that modulator on that marble you call a brain!”

These words still echoed inside Floop’s mind as he sat in his parlor, playing with his small ball of clay. He molded and edged the clay to form sad Floop; his most common creation. He sighed heavily as he glanced around his castle. To the average person, it looked like it had been designed by a child: the puzzle-piece stain glass windows, the bright, multi-colored food, the paintings created with crayons and finger paints. Yes, to the average person it would look like a playpen. But to Floop, it was his sanctuary. Here, he could be himself. He could let his creativity and imagination run free like wild horses in a field. It was this fairytale castle that protected him from the reminders that he was the son of Alfred Floop.

Floop almost chuckled bitterly. Yes, Dr. Alfred Floop. Everyone loved him. He had discovered so many different things and had such brilliant theories. He was respected by scientists all over the globe and made a fortune on his inventions. He was a remarkable scientist, yes, but was he a father? Hardly. Every time Young Fegan came home from school, his father would either be in the basement or at his lab, performing more scientific experiments. Young Fegan had tried so hard to win his father’s admiration. He did very well in school. Nothing but A’s and B’s on Fegan’s report card. His best subject was art class and he won countless awards at contests and galleries. But was his father ever there in the audience, applauding his son? Was he ever there to pat him on the back and congratulate him on winning honor roll? Was he ever there to dry his son’s tears whenever the bullies at school had picked on him? No. There was never a time Young Fegan could recall.

Young Fegan had even tried to run away from home once. He had packed enough food and clothing to last him three days in the woods, all alone. Finally, the police had found him and brought him back home. This excited Young Fegan greatly for it meant that his father had noticed he was gone and was worried about him. But when he finally was dropped off at his mansion, the only one waiting for him on the porch was the maid, Gerti. His only childhood friend and closest person to a mother Fegan had ever known. Dr. Floop didn’t even know he was gone.

And now, here he was, expected to follow in his late father’s footsteps. It wasn’t until Floop was an adult that his father had finally noticed him. Floop even found the courage to be there at his father’s deathbed, only to hear his dying words: Live for science.

Live for science. Not “I love you” or “You mean the world to me.” He was merely telling his son what to do with his life. But the truth was he didn’t know what to do. Floop was more lost than ever. Even after graduating from college with a double major in biology and genetics, Floop did not know what to do. He had enough money from the family fortune to give him his home and laboratory. But he still felt very alone. The only thing that kept Floop company was his imagination.

“Not a scientist,” muttered Floop sadly as he continued to play with his clay. “Not a genius. Not even a success. Just a miserable, lonely failure.” He then glared at the ball of clay, molding it until it looked like his father. “Why does everyone want me to be you?” he demanded to the inanimate face. “I tried so hard to make you happy. To make you proud. But were you? No…never! All you cared about was your stupid experiments and your stupid pride! I don’t want to be you…I’ll NEVER be you!!!”

With a full amount of fury, Floop lunged the ball of clay at the window. The impact had almost made the clay completely flatten against the smooth surface. Floop felt the hot tears welling up in his eyes at the hatred towards his father. The hatred to the world. The hatred to…

Suddenly, a foreign sound reached Floop’s ears. What was that? A bird? A stray cat? No, it was…a baby. A baby human crying! It was coming from his front door. Floop immediately rushed to the front door and opened it wide. His guess was correct; there lying at his feet was a small, wriggling baby. The child couldn’t have been more than a few months old. If its face had not been red from crying, it would have been as pale as fresh fallen snow. Atop the child’s head a full dark, slightly curly hair. It was so tiny and helpless; with nothing but a diaper and moth eaten blanket covering it, it kicked and grabbed at the invisible air.

Floop felt his heart melt as he bent over and gathered the child in his arms. “Hello there,” he cooed, trying to make the crying cease. “Sh sh shhh. There there, it’s all right. Where did you come from, little guy…or girl? Hm…oh, you’re a girl. And a pretty little girl, aren’t you?”

Once the child could see she was being handled by warm hands, she quickly calmed down and looked curiously at this new person. For a moment, the two just stared at each other. The baby then giggled and reached out towards Floop, wanting to discover all she could with her two hands.

Floop cleared his throat nervously. He’d never handled a baby before and felt very uncomfortable. “Well, I don’t know who put you all the way out here, but we’re going to take care of that right now.” He then carried the baby over to his telephone. “Don’t you worry, little girl. I’m going to call the police and they’re going to help you find your…”

Everything just stopped as Floop felt a rush of warmth run through his veins. The small baby, eager to grab anything she was in reach of, had managed to clasp Floop’s finger. The grip was so gentle, yet strong, never wanting to let go. It was a trusting, loving grip. The baby then tried to pull the finger closer to her mouth, as infants always want to taste something as soon as they get a hold of it. Floop merely looked down and was smitten by this orphaned child. After much temptation, Floop finally managed to ease his finger out of the baby’s grasp. He couldn’t give her up now. She had accepted him and wanted to be with him; he could feel it.

“Do…do you like me?” he asked softly. The baby giggled in response, once again reaching out to him. He gently placed his hand behind her soft head and held her closer. “I like you too…” he muttered. “Don’t worry, little one. I’ll take care of you. You can live here with me and I’ll be your fath…” Floop quickly stopped himself. He couldn’t be the child’s father. He never had one himself; how could he possibly be a father? But he had to be something to her. Then, out of nowhere, the words “Uncle Fegan” popped into his mind. He liked the sound of that. An uncle is a like a best friend and a father rolled into one person.

“I’ll be your Uncle Fegan,” he said to the tiny infant. “But I’m not sure what to call you…”

As if answering his statement, the baby was somehow pointing to something over Floop’s shoulder. He looked around to see a painting of a field decorated with violets.

“Do you like that painting?” he asked the baby, turning her around so she could see it better. “That’s one of my favorites. It’s called ‘Violet Field.’ My mother loved Violets. When I was a boy, that’s all she’d ever plant in our garden. I remember bringing her a violet bouquet when she….well, when she got sick and had to stay in bed. Hey, that’s a nice name, isn’t it? How about it? What do you think of Violet?”

The baby giggled again and kicked her tiny feet liking her new name. It seemed that everything Floop said or did brought her joy. It was then the epiphany struck. Only an hour ago, Floop was in a world of gloom and despair, hating everything around him. That all disappeared in a flash the minute he took the child into his arms. That’s who he needs to live for. That’s who needs his imagination: children! There were thousands of children all over the world who have been neglected like Violet and himself and need a special friend to reach out to. Someone like Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo; the type of people that Floop looked up to as a child.

Although his happy tears blurred his sight, Floop gazed down at the tiny miracle and kissed her dark curly head lightly. “Welcome to my world, Violet. I promise I’ll always be there for you…always.”

Sooo...you like, you like?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

*hisses angrily, hugging crown defensively* you stay away from my crown of being a fanfic queen! *hisses again* that story made me cry!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Bitsy »

But, oh Great Lauren, Master of the Written Word! I was merely fufilling your request. Relax, I'm not trying to steal any title from you. I wanted to share my story and I did. I'll try to put in the next installment later on. This was more of an intro. BTW, do you think that Floop having a 17-year-old neice is too old for him?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Hey! You're back! I don't have time to read it now, I have school but I'll read it later, I'm sure it will be great.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

myself on post above
I read it at school and showed it to my friends and they think it adorable, I think you should continue writing fan fic:Dif not for me then for the rest of scrawler kind!* stands in a superman pose and looks towards the sky*:D

Lauren, the crown cannot be taken that easily...it would require....:shifty....DEATH!:evil:eeevil:eeevil*cough, cough, hack*:die:X
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

*hisses* you better hurry up and post the next installment! or I's gonna mess you up good!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

DEATH!!!!:evil:eeevil*cough*:eeevil....Just kidding!!:D. Yes, do hurry.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

EXACTLY YOU NEED TO HURRY UP AND GIMME MORE FLOOP GOODNESS!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*Playing the Jeopardy music theme song* I am sitting and rotting away slowly in front of the computer waiting for Floopage.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

I see no Floop here! where is it! WHERE IS MY FLOOPAGE!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*sings* 999 Kurts on the wall, 999 Kurts. Take one down, pass him around. 998 kurts on the wall...........27 Kurs on the ball, 27 Turks, take one clown, blast it a gown, 300 blurts on the wall.:beer

:yell!! WHERE IS FLOOPAGE!!

HEY!!! Did everybody see the comercials for an all new season of Dinner for Five? Alan was in it!!!sssqquueeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! HE WAS SOOOOO SCRUMPTIOUS!!!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

Yeah! I can't wait for that to come out!

AND WHERE IS MY FLOOP?!

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MISSED IT!!!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Dangnabit! I missed the "Anniversary Party " last night while I was at my grandparents house, and it was on twice.:mad

7:00 monday morn.

My freind Jennifer calls me up and tells me that "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" was on right at the moment she called, but I get movies and shows 3 hours earlier than her cause I have a dish. DANGIT!!!:mad:yelltell me before hand Jenniferkle face
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Here I am!

Post by Bitsy »

Hey all. Ok, sorry for showing up like from the dead or whatnot. I was just working on stuff and this place slipped my mind. Relax, I still love all of you!

OH! An episode of Evesdropping was on LAST NIGHT!!! He was with Julianne Moore and they went to the chocolate factory in NY. There was one part were Alan got some chocolate on his thumb and he was sucking it off.....my right EYE to have been that thumb!!! Anyway, Lauren, they talked a little about Floop because Julianne's son is a big SK fan. He was watching SK3 before they left and Alan impersonated Floop when he goes "I'm here to save the day!"

As for the story, the muses haven't been speaking very loudly for that and I've got like a bunch of other stories I really want to write (including one about a short film directed by Paul McCartney, but we won't get into that right now...) Just wanted you all to know I'm still here. K!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

YAY! Bitsy be back again! We all missed you , hon. I thought you died or somethin'.

I had a freakish dream about Alan, well...maybe not freakish:naughty:evil. When i woke up I thougt it was real, and then I cried cause it wasn't, but at least I'm, like, best friends with the guy that looks like his identical twin, 'cept alot younger:D:Pneener neener neener!:P
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Siona »

Just to revive my dearest of dear threads, I thought you'd like to know that Alan appears in the series Frasier. Which episode...No idea. :rolleyes But, he is there at one point!
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

isn't he their marraige counselour or something to that effect?

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I think I saw a few minutes of that episode. Wasn't his characters name called "O"?:?:shrug
Miss Freeze
Lubber
Lubber

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Miss Freeze »

Did you see what they did to him in Romy and Michelle's Highschool Reunion? In the end he looked terrible!!!!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Alan Cumming Thread

Post by Lauren »

yeah, he looked better when he was the nerd in the begining, he looked so cute!