Sins of the Son, aired 9/20/03 **SPOILERS**

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I'm making the thread ahead of time- again- so us Scrawlers have something to type in while the show is going on (personally I'm forgetful if I don't type along with the episode). Evo is now being shown at 11:30am EST. As always, there are scrawlers in other countries not able to see the episode for a while, so please use the spoiler tags (it's that S at the end of the reply to post screen). :D

This episode was written by Marsha F. Griffin.

[spoiler]Wow. Ok, so it's David. I think Mabus is right, David is Ian, Lucas, and himself, manifesting his multiple personalities as illusions of people. I LOVE Lucas's accent. Did it seem to anyone else that each character got a power? Ian got pyro, Lucas got telepathy/telekenesis, and David got illusions.

Was that Risty at the beginning of the party at the castle? The purple-haired girl with the accent and green face-paint. Does this mean Mystique is whole and non-smashed to rocky bits?

The part with Kurt sneezing himself thru the Darkforce dimensions around town is funny as hell. I've seen it used in fic before. Go Kitty go! Beat his head in with that pillow![/spoiler]
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

Originally posted by sevati
As always, there are scrawlers in other countries not able to see the episode for a while, so please use the spoiler tags :D
And as always, I'll be glad if someone can summarize what happens in the episode :D
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
"You mustn't tell people they're stupid, but never forget they are." :D
Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

[spoiler]Lovely episode over all. Lucas's accent was to die for!! I loved the parts with Kitty & Kurt! "You're delirious! I was here all day!" Aww! He sounds so innocent! [/spoiler]
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

this was a great ep-
this ep was full of suprises[spoiler]so the ep was about a child of Xavier's- & he was Legion & Gabrielle Haller-so Xavier was married to Gabrielle-i was kind of disappointed that it wasnt Moira MacTaggert & Proteus-still i liked how they showed Legions powers- it was kind of close to the comic by showing his multiple personalitys[/spoiler]

[spoiler]at least we saw some cute Kurt & Kitty action- [/spoiler] :sick
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Wow. That was confusing....

[spoiler] Well the Kurt / Kitty stuff was cute anyway. What were THEY doing together that they both got the flu eh? :D

The whole David is Lucas is Ian thing is a little bit complicated for me on a Sat morning, now I feel like watching The Fight Club.... Like, "I'm going to kidnap myself and make myself call my father who I don't know but somehow have his phone number...." The whole situation seemed a little overly complex to me. If "Lucas" knew where Xaiver was the whole time why didn't he just go challange him in the first place? And yeah, David's mind looked like a cheese pizza. Nice little twist making the women the Prof.'s ex though. Agree with sevati, Lucas's accent dang nice. Can't say I'm TO sorry he ended up in Legion form. ;)

But are we EVER going to mention Pocky again? Or where broken Mystique is? My best guess, in a box under Kurt's bed. Or even where Rogue is for that matter? Looks from the commericals like next ep is going to be about Spike and the Morlocks being back. I'm all about new characters with hot accents but man.... Resolutions people! Resolutions! [/spoiler]
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I'm not going to use spoiler tags, because his is labelled a spoiler thread, so people are entering at their own risk. Spoiler tags are used for spoilers in threads that aren't labelled as spoilers.

Anyway, I'm thinking David may be the key to defeating Apocalypse. He's certainly along the same level of power. Some people are thinking X23 is the key, but let's face it- she's a mildly improved wolverine.

Also- does this mean that Kurt will ditch the image inducer? He's been seen furry, with Kitty saying his name to the class.........
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Yann Solo
And as always, I'll be glad if someone can summarize what happens in the episode :D
And I shall try. Here goes:

[spoiler]Opening shot is of an English-punk type character who is later explained to be 'Lucas'. Blonde, spiked clothing, arrogant. He enters an abandoned castle that a bunch of punk-teens are using for a party. Some girl who looks a lot like Risty (Mystique's alter-ego to deal with Rogue in this past) with purple hair, a British accent, and green makeup asks Lucas if he wants to hang out later. Lucas says maybe and makes his way thru the castle, to the lower levels down a twisted staircase. He comes to a huddled figure and offers his a cel phone, to call Xavier, saying it will end if he just calls. The boy calls Xavier in the middle of the night (now this I have a problem with... it's shown to be night in England... and like 2am in NY? Isn't there a 5 or 6 hour difference?).

Xavier, Storm, Cyke and Jean fly the jet to England to meet with Xavier's ex-wife. She had a son after one left the other, which Xavier never knew about. During the flight Storm tells Jean to call the mansion to check on Kitty. Kitty has a cold or the flu, something. Beast tells her Kurt also has it as well. We see Kurt sleeping peacefully in bed... and then after Beast leaves he sneezes and bamfs to the floor. Beast then tells Kitty to get some rest, but she can't because she keeps having nightmares of her showing up at school in her pajamas. Later Kitty goes looking for Kurt and tries to pull him out from under his bed by the tail. He sneezes, bamfs away.. right in front of the school first I think. She tries to wake him up, but to no avail. He bamfs again, this time onto the desk of a full classroom of student, who start laughing at them and Kitty is mortified. Kurt sneezes, they're on a street corner and Kitty gets splashed by a car. Eventually at the end of the episode, Kurt bamfs back into his bed and wakes up, saying he feels refreshed. Kitty is standing with twigs in her hair, dirt on her pj's, and dripping wet, looking like she wants to kill him. She attacks him with a pillow and feathers go flying. She yells about him bamfing them to the park, school, a funeral and says she'll never be able to show her face in Bayville again. It should clearly be stated here that Kurt was blue the entire time! No image inducer at all since he slept the whole time and wasn't aware he was 'porting into the school and around town in his natural form. I'd like to see if this brings any problems... since I think Kitty called Kurt by name.[/spoiler]

Now that I've gotten the lighter stuff outta the way, the angst: [spoiler]Xavier's ex explains she told their son David that Xavier abandoned them. Jean and Scott go thru his things to search for clues, and see a little blonde boy peeking thru the door to David's room at them. They chase after him but they can't find him. David's mother says that's Ian, a boy David found on the street a few months ago(?), and he doesn't talk. Jean says maybe a telepath could get some information from him and goes looking outside for him. She sees his fleeing short shadow, but instead of finding him, she finds Lucas... and a ring of fire forms around her. Lucas comes up and attacks her mind, Jean's eyes roll into the back of her head, she loses conciousness. She wakes up with her ankles chained and Lucas says something...

At some point before this, David did try to escape by blending into the party (he tucked in his shirt and tried to act natural), but Lucas's 'henchmen' followed him to where a hallway or balcony ended, it was a cliff and the ocean was below.. but he didn't jump and seemed to be recaptured (off camera).

In the meantime, Xavier, Storm and Cyke have no luck finding Jean. Storm says she's seen fires down the cliffs, and David's mother says it's a castle the kids use for parties. Cyke goes to it on a motorcycle to check, the adults go elsewhere. Cyke finds Jean and Lucas attacks him. Lucas telekenetically throws them both against walls and such... Cyke gets a shot to Lucas... but it doesn't connect, it acts like it's short-circutting a hologram. Lucas wins, chains Cyke to a wall and puts a iron mask over his head.

Lucas throws Jean in a pit with a huge slab of rock for a lid.. her powers don't seem to do much good at first, but she breaks thru a wall into David's holding cell. On their way out of the underground levels, he expresses disbelief that his father who abandoned him and his mother actually came to help him. Jean sets him right and reveals that his mother was the one who wronged him, keeping each other's existance from them. During this, Storm is driving around towards the castle and Ian appears on the road out of nowhere. It had been foggy, and she tried to get rid of it to see better, and boom! Ian in path of car! So she swerves to avoid him and then get out to see why he's there. Xavier tries going into his mind but is blocked. He tries again and gets images of David, Lucas, and the Castle. He decides they must go there and then Ian creates a ring of fire to block the car's path. They wonder whose side Ian is on, and David's mother is amazed that he is a mutant as well.

There's a big reunion on the ground level once Storm and David's mother get Cyke outta the chains. He and Jean hug, David and Xavier are introduced. Then David 'morphs' (actually illusions) into Lucas who yells at Xavier, and Ian who.. did Ian do anything? Oh, maybe Ian made that fire-ring that surrounded everyone. Anways, Xavier goes into David's mind to help him fight his multiple personality disorder...

Xavier and David float towards each other, but Lucas and Ian are gaining on them. Xavier manages to merge the Ian and Lucas personalities into one, but the ball of light resulting in that pulls David back into it. Xavier tries to reach David, and ends up getting hold of his hand. Prof tries and tries to pull, but it's no use, and is kinda thrown outta David's mind. He does that 'falls backwards in his wheelchair' bit. David is seen with hius back to the group, laying on the ground. Once he turns over, we see that it is actually Lucas. It had been his plan all along to become the dominent personality, and Xavier did exactly what Lucas wanted him to do. Xavier is of course horrified and returns to the mansion kind of in shock... not really paying attention to anything.

[/spoiler]
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

wow! thanks for the summary! :)
This episode looks strange... I'm waiting to watch it to see what are exactly Legion's powers...
"Faut pas prendre les gens pour des cons, mais faut pas perdre de vue qu'ils le sont." :gambit
Nightchamber
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightchamber »

[spoiler] this ep was strange. I didnt really get all of it exactly. I kept wondering why Lucas looked alot like the Prof. & yeah he had a dreamy accent...

The Kurt/Kitty stuff was great! And what about the New Mutants heading for school, i love how Beast has sort of become a the big furry nanny to them...but I didnt get Magma's problem with her wet hair, shoulnt she be able to dry it without a blowdryer. ;) [/spoiler]
...I am the ELLIPSES Queen...

:chamber POPTOPIA FAN :stacy
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Nightchamber
[spoiler] this ep was strange. I didnt really get all of it exactly. I kept wondering why Lucas looked alot like the Prof. & yeah he had a dreamy accent...

The Kurt/Kitty stuff was great! And what about the New Mutants heading for school, i love how Beast has sort of become a the big furry nanny to them...but I didnt get Magma's problem with her wet hair, shoulnt she be able to dry it without a blowdryer. ;) [/spoiler]
[spoiler]David, Lucas, and Ian are all the same person- David. In the comics, David/Legion had multiple personality disorder. He had three different minds in his head. His illusion powers gives him the power to separate the three of them, but it causes even more problems. So they all look similar.

I find it funny how Beast has become the nanny. He does seem to be the only adult left at the mansion since Xavier and Storm are gone, and Wolvie is possibly still MIA (he could still be with Furry from the last episode and hasn't made it home yet). So it's his responsibility, that he is adapting to rather well. I think they added in Magma not wanting wet hair in school just to give the Bezerker sight-gag of him being her power outlet. In the comics, isn't Magma a prissy little princess? They're keeping her in character, at least.. though in the comics she has blonde hair.[/spoiler]
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zuno »

Nice! Cant wait! What episode number is it?
(I hawe to download it from the internett since it dosent air in cold little Norway) I hawe a kompleate kolection of evolution on my komputer. Have episode 401 and 402 on the way.
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I loved that episode! The best of the best! You go you show writers! I thought it was really funny when [spoiler]Kurt was going all over the place! And when Kitty had the horrible dream of being in school with only her pajamas on, and Kurt accidentally bamfed her on top of the teachers desk! Just brilliant![/spoiler]
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

I really loved to Kurt/Kitty interaction in this episode. I am starting to see promise for a good relationship there.
I was confused about a few things. [spoiler]Why couldn't Scott just blast the helmet off his head? It wasn't on tight enough to affect his glasses or anything. He could have looked straight up--he must have been able to tell he was outside--and let go with the optic beams.I don't think those were the glasses he needs his hands to operate. [/spoiler]
And what was with[spoiler]the adults letting him take off on his own like that, anyway? Charles says something like--be careful, three people have already disappeared--and then let's him go off by his lonesome.[/spoiler] Have we learned nothing from horror films?
But overall, it was a fun episode and I enjoyed it a lot. I missed the brotherhood a little bit, as Toad always makes me laugh, but they'll be back soon.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

It was a fun episode. The Kurt/Kitty stuff was fairly cute, although I'd rather see them on missions w/the team, not just as comic relief. Beast does make a cute nanny - he just needs a frilly little apron now.

I hope Legion is actually going to tie in to Apocalypse, either as one of the Horsement or coming back to the good guys to help defeat him or both. Otherwise I'd find it irritating that they're releasing another uber-powerful villain into the universe w/o resolving what's going on w/Poccy first. I hope we're going to get back to that story next ep, and also have more Kurt of course (pref. as a useful member of the team and not just as comic relief.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

URRRGH! I HATE MY PARENTS! They decided we needed "quality time" and I missed the last ten minutes!!! :bawl

Good thing I "accidentally" left my recording tape on! ;)

[spoiler]The Kurt-flu thing was too funny; about time we had some Kurt, even if he was asleep the entire time. :D[/spoiler]

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

[spoiler]I swear.... I think my brain runs into overdrive sometimes... when Kurt and Kitty were sick with the flu, what did I think? Flu? Hah! I thought Legacy virus, even though that would be insane to place it in the plot with Poccy and now Legion... but *Gasp* the kids at daycare, I think they're smarter then me o.O They were like, Lucas is his son, no David is! No Ians an trap! I sadly didn't realize it was Legion until... um... like the end lol... but it was fairly good ep... meh, some things were tad off to me, but I'm just a picky person lol[/spoiler]
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

SPOILERS! (you've been warned)

ok. WOW. thanks for clearing up what was going on with that david dude cuz i was confused. now that i know what's going on, i think it's cool!
i really hope lucas has something to do with the poccy thing. i wanna hear that accent again!

and the kitty/kurt stuff was so funny. poor kitty! poor kurt!!!!
we have to laugh at their embarrassment..... OH WELL! HAHA!
i'm still wondering why kurt didnt wake up at all, even when kitty was dragging him by the tail! how could anyone sleep through that?
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Originally posted by BamfChyck
I really loved to Kurt/Kitty interaction in this episode. I am starting to see promise for a good relationship there.
I was confused about a few things. [spoiler]Why couldn't Scott just blast the helmet off his head? It wasn't on tight enough to affect his glasses or anything. He could have looked straight up--he must have been able to tell he was outside--and let go with the optic beams.I don't think those were the glasses he needs his hands to operate. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]the adults letting him take off on his own like that, anyway? Charles says something like--be careful, three people have already disappeared--and then let's him go off by his lonesome.[/spoiler]
I think that [spoiler] Scott couldn't blast off the helmet because he has a little button or whatever he has to be pushing on his visor so that he doesn't go blowing up things as he's walking by. I don't know how to answer your other question. though [/spoiler]
Yann Solo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Yann Solo »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
I think that [spoiler] Scott couldn't blast off the helmet because he has a little button or whatever he has to be pushing on his visor so that he doesn't go blowing up things as he's walking by. I don't know how to answer your other question. though [/spoiler]
Yeah, evo Xavier should do as the original one: a switch for Scott's visor in his glove so cyke doesn't have to have his hands free to unleash his beam...
InsanePenman
Lubber
Lubber

Post by InsanePenman »

Urg...why do I only miss episodes with stuff involving Kurt in them? Now I have to wait for it to come one again in the far-flung future, since we can't get stuff off the 'net, here...
I missed Kurt/Kitty stuff! Awww.... :( I hope desperately that we see an ep with Kurt being found out because of this...because that means a Kurt ep!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Finally got around to watching it.

Legion, too cool as his normal, good self. The part where Xavier enters his mind was the real highlight for me, besides Kitty beating the holy bejeezus out of poor Fuzzy. ;)

But, still, I am left wondering, WHY are they bringing all this stuff in, what does it have to do with Apocolypse? And speaking of Poccy, where IS he?!?!

Out of five, I'd give this a three.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
blauliebeself
Lubber
Lubber

Post by blauliebeself »

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't believe I missed this episode!!!!! I had to go on a team competition, and these spoiler blockers are KILLING me!!! I wanted to read that stuff! So have they figured out how to off Apocolypse (or however you spell it) yet? What did he really do to Magneto? Is it looking like Kurt and Kitty are going to get together, in spite of Lance and Amanda?God only knows when Cartoon Netwprk is going to get around to getting new eps. to show at night, so I am looking for the good stuff.
On a sidenote, totally off topic, :offtopic , but I just got around to checking out all the smiles. That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!
" Love makes you want to stab people? That's not love! That's brain damage!" -Kurt, of course
:poke
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Kazifasari »

All I can say is "Thank God for GENERATERS!" We didn't have power for a week. And I would have missed it if it wasn't for the GENERATER!.

I'm not sure what to say about it. At the end I was like, um...:huh?

But I love the scenes with Kitty and Kurt. :love Really funny! :LOL
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

blauliebeself
Lubber
Lubber

Post by blauliebeself »

All right! how can i read the spoilers? i know it can be done, people are responding to the things that must be written in the spoilers, so.. help me out here! Please?
" Love makes you want to stab people? That's not love! That's brain damage!" -Kurt, of course
:poke
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Read the spoilers? That's very easy just highlight the black by dragging the crusor over it. ;)
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.