Sorry Evo Fans

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

Acually if you payed a "little" more attention to show, you'll realise that he only spoke like that for only a cupple of the episodes, particularly in the first season. And A LOT in middleverse, but hey he befriended a 70s version of Forge, so whats the big deal?

Truth is, out all the characters, Kurt has (in my oppion)inproved more than anyother character personality wise. Almost everyone else had their powers enanced or something, but I think Evos creators diliberatly tried to improve Kurt as a person, not a mutant. And they succseeded
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

Actually, they seem to have beefed up his powers just as much as anyone else's. I'm not an expert on comic-canon by any stretch, being relatively new to it, but I've gotten the impression that 'porting multiple people is difficult for him. In Evo he seems to regularly 'port more than one person with no real strain whatsoever. I think there are other discrepancies, but they're not coming immediately to mind.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

Yeah, but theres no episode with him lossing control or anything like that. Thats what I mean't.
"Look Simba everything the light touches is our kingdom. A king's time as ruler, sizes and falls like the sun. One day Simba the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King"~Mufasa

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

Actually, there's the bamfing him and Kitty all over town in their jammies sequence when he had a cold, but that's not quite the same thing....
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

lol, Kurt in jammies...what kind of jammies were they? did he have little feet for 'em?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

Sorry, nothing that good. Just pants (maybe flannel?) and a t-shirt. He slept through the whole thing, just bamfed every time he sneezed and she, unlucky girl, was touching him the first time so she got to go along for the ride.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

Wait....so he's teleporting in his sleep? How can he do that?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

In the earier cartoon, their was an episode (1993 "Nightcrawler" I think) were they explanned that to teleport somewere he has to invision that place in his mind. It's reveiled in the end of the Ep (the one that your talking about) that he was dreaming of at least one of the places he acually went. He was also sick and every time he sneezed it would cause his body to jerk and there for activate his teleportation by accsident and he would 'port to what ever place he was dreaming of.

Get it?

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

but, if he's just randomly teleporting, wouldn't that increase the chance that he goes into something solid and goes not living?

pookizegreat
Lubber
Lubber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by pookizegreat »

It would be so much more bearable without all the slang ... SOOO much more ... the way it is that I've seen so far just reminds me of all the "ghetto" kids in my math class. And makes me twitch a lot. But in retrospect, it's alright. Especially for a kid's show. And though I'll always wish he was more like comic!Kurt, anything which brings more Nighty fans is good ... I guess ... *grumbles and looks possessive, crawls into a corner*

Welcome to the world of Pooki Posting After Being Woken Up At 3 AM.
Kazifasari
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Kazifasari »

Originally posted by Lauren
but, if he's just randomly teleporting, wouldn't that increase the chance that he goes into something solid and goes not living?
Yeah, I guess, but he was lucking :D And besides we all know the Evo Writers wouldn't hurt him that much, to the point were he might die at least.

Whish they did though, but have him live. Yeah I like that kind of stuff so bite me, expecially when it happens to my favorite character :evil :D

But if it happend to Scott or Jean, I wouldn't care at all, I would hope they DID DIE!

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

Honestly, I all ready disliked Cyclops, but Evo just reminded me of WHY I hated him so much.

I think they should have hurt Kurt just a little just because it look a little more realistic. Especially including the whole "going into solid objects" factor.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I think they should have hurt Kurt just a little just because it look a little more realistic. Especially including the whole "going into solid objects" factor.
......it's a cartoon.......
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Tatu »

Yeah, I'm gonna second what Lisa said, Cartoons arent supposed to be realistic..thats kinda the point.

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
......it's a cartoon.......
Call me King!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

yes, but when you make a cartoon based on a comic that DOES have some sort of rule system concerning powers and the percentage that a person can get hurt by teleporting blindly, they should take that into consideration and make it more realistic in that sense more than anything else.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sorry Evo Fans

If you look at the different incarnations of Nightcrawler in the comics, it's hard to truly apply very specific rules as to how this character must be. Marvel has applied the idea of "Alternate Universes" in its books, and this can be extended to its television shows and movies as well. Evo crawler is not supposed to be a representation of the Crawler we know from the comics, but instead a simplified, teenaged version that exists in a different "world" from the crawler we know from comics. Same with the movie......
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

Still...it is a little bit too convenient that he can escape from total harm

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Sorry Evo Fans

*shrugs*..its a kids show...
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

actually its like evo is made from xmen1 and xmen2 movies

if you look roque shes same looking as in the xmen2 the movie
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Wannabe_Kurt
actually its like evo is made from xmen1 and xmen2 movies

if you look roque shes same looking as in the xmen2 the movie
No. X-Men: Evolution didn't premiere on TV until after X-Men the movie came out, but it's not made from or based on the movie. Both came out in 2000, but that's where the similarity ends. The plot is different, the character ages (Storm, Jean, Scott) are different.

I'm not sure if pre-production for Evo began before the movie or after it was released in theaters. I've heard a rumor that originally Evolution was to be based on the Generation X gang, but I'm not sure if there's any truth to it.

But it's definately not based on X2, since Evo started in the year 2000. X2 wasn't released until May 2003, and was NOT filming in the year 2000.

As to Rogue looking the same in X2 as in Evo.. nope. Rogue's hairstyle has changed over the years and I'm guessing has been similarly short before (and was just short on an X-treme cover this fall). Every character with background in the X-Men movies looked similar to the X-Men comic selves because they are important characters in the book and Marvel wanted to keep them highly recognizable. I mean, you're not going to claim a guy without pointy ears is a Vulcan in a Star Trek movie, are you? No. Characteristics stay.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

Still...it is a little bit too convenient that he can escape from total harm
If you're determined to find things to hate about the show, you will. Not having Kurt teleport into an inanimate and be maimed or killed is a pretty silly choice though. This is a childrens' show we're talking about - aimed at approximately 7-13 year olds would be my guess. They're *not* going to make Kurt 'port into a wall or a chair. Come on, they wouldn't do it in the comics either - completely aside from the total gruesome factor he's a major character for crying out loud. It's just not going to happen. So he got lucky, everyplace he was dreaming about as he teleported in his sleep happened to be safe and he didn't get hurt. End of story.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Lauren »

i'm not hating on the show for that reason only. and in the comics, he one time almost died because his leg got stuck in something and he was all messed up for a while. I'm just asking that the show try not to totally rearrange him into some sort of slang using, baggy pants wearing stereotype of teenagers today who can teleport without any risks attached.

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by kurtlover »

But its because (and i guess it was repeated several times in this thread) its a cartoon, its a kid show, they want to make it attractive for them.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
How did you act when you were around your crush? :smirk
hmm... lets see pretty shy kind of.. i guess

:)
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Sorry Evo Fans

Post by taekwondodo »

If you wanted something to be ticked about 'reality' wise (like *any* of this is realistic) how about Evan and his bone spikes. As many as he wants, whenever he wants them, shot out like projectiles, with no pain or blood and no time required in between to regenerate. Sure, he drinks a lot of milk, but really....

As we've all said though, it's a kids' show - about comic book characters. Nothing about it is even the tiniest bit *realistic* and they're obviously not limiting themselves to comic-verse. Many of the characters are more powerful than same-aged counterparts in comic-verse, they all seem to have more control than they should, and it's *all* about making little kids go "wow, I wish I were a mutant."

There are a lot of things I'd change about the show if I could, but I can't, plus I'm not the target audience. I'm just happy they've done it as well as they have. They've been *relatively* faithful to comic-verse They've had some well-thought out and intelligent stories. It actually requires an attentions span longer than a gnat's to follow. I think, for what it is and what it purports to be, it is a really well done show, and while I could nit-pick 'til the cows come home, I just don't see the point, especially since it's probably over now and nothing is going to be changed anyway.