Brian Singer directs X3!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

http://www.superherohype.com/x-men/index.php?id=533

Acording to this article I found on superherohype.com,director Brian Singer nigotiates with 20 Century Fox to direct X3.
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well of course! lol He better! I've read somewhere (superherohype.com) that one of the writers (not avi arad another one) fit six new mutants into the story and has a good script for Gambit going. He has a better role for colossus, pyro, iceman, and Rogue and has fitted in a BROTHERHOOD substory. (pyro being the first mags must think he should start HIS own school.) The sketches on the X2 dvd are of Angel (which he said he fit in) and of Sentinels (Didn't mention them but they'll be in it im sure) and he said he's have to continue the phoenix xtory now so expect more of it. I'm gonna go find the link now but if I can't i'll tell you guys what site it was from.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

:eek Wow, that's a lot of characters! You think they'll be enough room for a good story? And what about Nighty? He won't be overshadowed...will he? Because I just couldn't take that....:(

*Fights back tears.* I'm ok....Tissue, please?
BrimstoneFaith
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BrimstoneFaith »

Originally posted by Bitsy
And what about Nighty? He won't be overshadowed...will he? Because I just couldn't take that....:(

*Fights back tears.* I'm ok....Tissue, please?
Me, neither. I keep worrying that their going to send him back to the circus or something...
I really hope they have a lot of action with him. Maybe some romance...(Ororo)
:naughty
BrimstoneFaith
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

I seriously doubt that they'll "cover up" Nightcrawler in X3. I asked all of my friends who saw it "Who's your favorite character?" Their answer was either Nightcrawler or Wolverine.
He's too good of a character to get rid of. I'm almost positive that he's here to stay.
Now, whether he'll have a giant role in the script or not remains to be seen.

Anyway, back to the topic. It's so awesome that Brian is definately coming back to direct. If he was able to make X2 better than X1, I'm going to pee in my pants waiting for X3!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Eww! Rockstar! :ick

Anyway, that is good news Singer will be directing. He has said he has a treatment for a X-3 script, which I'm dieing to read! :die As a writer myself I wouldn't mind helping him with it. :D

Brian, if you are reading this, let me help write X-3 please? :puppy
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Actually, I'm not too suprised at this; many of the actors have said that they would find it hard to to another X-film without Bryan, and Bryan himself has said that he'd love to direct X3 after doing a few short films.

As for Nightcrawler's role...well, I heavily doubt they're going to introduce a hero, have him in just about the whole movie, and then say, "Oh, that Nightcrawler guy? Uh...just kill him or something!"

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Mostly about? He was barely there. He said hardly a thing. It was mostly about Wolverine, again.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

No it wasn't mostly about Kurt, but it was a great introduction and set up for him to be heavily involved in the next film. I think Bryan's been doing an amazing job, I can't even imagin anyone else directing X-3.
Oh, and did you really hear they're putting in 6 new mutants bamfman? That sounds like a lot. I mean, they allready have Colossus and Nightcrawler to pull in more. Unless I guess, they're going to be in the brotherhood, since they don't have too many from the past two movies to keep.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sussi »

Brian Singer = :thumbup

Does anybody know when X3 is expected to be ready?
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
harroldsheep
Lubber
Lubber

i dunno...

Post by harroldsheep »

..in X2, there seemed to be too much story and not enough film to express it in. Nightcrawler was there, but he could have NOT and there really wouldn't have been any real change to the story.
not saying i didn't LIKE X2, but there was enough for two movies there.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Sussi

According to the latest Singer interview, the release date has been moved up to 2005
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Originally posted by Sussi

According to the latest Singer interview, the release date has been moved up to 2005
Really? Because he said before that he wanted to wait. And I think that one year to do X3 wouldn't be enough time if they're going to top X2...!

~Siona

-- SheCat.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:? I looked for the date on when X3 is to come out , and I found it is supposed to come out in May of 2006.

:mad why can't they make up their minds on a date, WHY, WHY!!!!
:)IM FINE! Im fine, calming down now. :crazed
one name: Bruce Campbell
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I, also, have seen 2006 as the projected, tentative, probably the closest estimation we've got release date. It's a LOT more believable than 2005. I mean, part of the reason it's coming out later is because Hugh has another committment for a year, and then there's all the special effects and post production that goes into it... With an effects-laden film like this, post takes one hell of a long time nowadays.....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I, also, have seen 2006 as the projected, tentative, probably the closest estimation we've got release date. It's a LOT more believable than 2005. I mean, part of the reason it's coming out later is because Hugh has another committment for a year, and then there's all the special effects and post production that goes into it... With an effects-laden film like this, post takes one hell of a long time nowadays.....
Not to mention the fact that we STILL have no idea whether or not Halle is on board. :rolleyes

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Neko Cat 7
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Neko Cat 7 »

Let's just pray Halle is gonna be :storm in X3 cuz it wouldn't be the same without her...
"No matter what I do;no matter how hard I try...the ones I love will always be the ones who pay..."- Peter Parker

Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words:'With great power comes great responsibilities.' This is my gift, my curse...who am I ?...I'm Spider-Man."-Peter Parker

Being brilliant isn't enough. Intelligence is a gift, and you use it for the good of mankind.

Or blowing up New York. You know. Whatever suits your fancy. -My Doc Ock perspective

Which do I like more? Leroux, Kay, or Webber?
Leroux gave the Phantom life.
Kay gave the Phantom a soul.
Webber gave the Phantom a voice.
Consider that, and you'll see why I can't choose.

Phantom phan
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Me, I'm praying Storm's not in it at all, but undoubtedly I'm going to get hit with books now. *sighs, dodges the Ultimate Guide to X-Men*

Hey, I love Singer's rendition of the X-Men so far. I'm very happy he'll be doing the third.

And the date was originally supposed to be the same day as X2, but in 2006. I have no idea what it is now.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:LOL I know the feeling. Although I don't like Halle that much, and as much as I would love seeing her go, it wouldn't be the same because...well, she (as in Storm) is still important even if she had a small part in both movies.

:evil mostly my feelings of hate towards Halle *grrrr*:mad is the fact that she is in such a close proximity to Alan Cumming:naughty:lick--he's so HOT!!!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

No, I just really don't like Storm in anysense. But Ultimate Storm's kinda cool.

BTW, does anyone know if Aaron Stanford (Pyro) signed back on yet?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Adam is on his two movie contract, Sean and Anna are done with there's but Sean is coming back. (Anna is still in question.) With halle demanding a storm movie I'm willing to bet Singer will have her in the dumpster before she can say "Lightning fast" Mainly cuz she a) is bitchy with money and how much she gets and b) she's a backstabber to marvel going off and doing Catwoman. (getting the money she wants out of that.) And she's got a lead role, she always has to have lead role. (damn flintstones got her started on that....) I hope she's not in it and if they can't get matrix girl to be storm i don't want storm in it at all. More room for Kurt and more squeeze room for extra characters. (*gough*warren*cough*)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Well, if they don't put her in the 3rd movie I'm just wondering how they would explain why storm is no longer there.:?

but who needs her when we could have more Kurt:naughty:kiss
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by SheCat
BTW, does anyone know if Aaron Stanford (Pyro) signed back on yet?
He hasn't. Yet. He'd better though, cause I really liked his character. Second favourite, after Magneto.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I believe I may be one of the only people that like Halle. Yeah, she's let some stuff go to her head, but I really like her. I think she is sweet. I would like her to play Storm again just to go with contnuation.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

I believe I may be one of the only people that like Halle.
You're definitely not alone. I like Halle too. :) I can't say she's always done/said the brightest things, or even that all of her movie choices are necessarily good, but I think people are a lot harder on her than she deserves.