Most Likely Character

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.

Most Likely Character

Total votes: 0

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by Siona »

Since X1, there have been rumor upon rumor of characters making cameos or being major characters in the movies. X3 is no exception to this. So, who do you think is most likely to appear in X3, and why? ((Please, no silly explanations saying "Just because I like them!"))

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Most Likely Character

Post by Warbird »

I think Beast is most likely to show up. Yeah everyone loves Gambit, but beast is an original. Also, there's all ready enough flirtiing and sass. I think that adding another intillectual to the team would do the chemistry some good. Also, there was all ready a Hank cameo. It's not fair to bait me like that and not deliver the goods.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Most Likely Character

Post by TelegramSam »

I forget the exact scene, but I remember seeing Beast on a television news program in the background, it said "Hank McCoy" too, so there's no doubt it's him. He doesn't have blue fur yet (he didn't in the comics either at first, so that's pretty canon), but it was him! :)
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Most Likely Character

Post by StarLightCrawler »

I'm hoping it is Gambit but in the X2 extra DVD they showen Angel pic. So i think it will be him or Beast. The other are right about Beast. So either one of them i think will be showen.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Not many choices in this poll. I think the Hellfire Club, or at least Emma Frost, would be more likely to show up. Just because of the Dark Phoenix tie-in.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by SheCat »

Despite the fact that I'll be mad as heck if they don't put Remy in, I'm pretty sure it'll be Beast. They had plans for him in both movies that never went through.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Most Likely Character

Post by bamfchickie »

I'm going with the process of elimination here (since I have to agree - I think it far more likely that we might see Emma or some version of the HFC, since they're going the Phoenix route).

As much as I would dearly love to see Gambit in X3, Singer has said on more than one occasion that he has no desire to introduce Gambit in an X-movie he helms. His reasons have included his belief that Remy's personality is too close to Logan's, and also that "visually" the powers are too close to Scott's. (I disagree there, but unfortunately I'm not the director). ;) I know Shuler Donner (sp?) has shown some interest in having Gambit, but I think Singer will likely overrule her on that one.

I would also love to see Beast, and Singer has professed a great love for the character and a desire to see him in the movies - but he's also expressed his reluctance to introduce another blue mutant. While I do think it's still possible that Beast might show up, it won't be the more familiar blue hairy fella. There might be a throwback to the classic pre-fur version, but somehow I doubt it.

Out of the remaining three choices, the one I've heard come up the most in interviews with Singer and the producers are the Sentinels.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Not many choices in this poll. I think the Hellfire Club, or at least Emma Frost, would be more likely to show up. Just because of the Dark Phoenix tie-in.
Hm. Good point...*goes off to edit*

Personally, I think either Beast or Angel will pop up.

~Siona

EDIT: Actually, I'm thinking that the Sentinels are going to be in there; all of the other villains we've had so far have been mutants or humans. We need a bit of a change.

Plus, a huge battle with Sentinels gives us a chance of an aerial attack by Angel, the X-Jet, Storm, or Phoenix!! :love

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Most Likely Character

Post by Zix »

An origional Beast doesn't seem too likely to me, although it's something I'd like to see. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have him as the blue guy, not just because the film'd be overrun with the colour but because he's more hairy and I don't think they could really get away with taking it away. He's look like a walking shag pile. Although I don't think it's very likely it's be Juggernaut, he's the one I said. Just because there doesn't seem to be any mutants who seriously dislikes Xavier at the moment.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Most Likely Character

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i'd really like to see Gambit or Angel
(& psylocke, polaris etc)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Most Likely Character

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

The Fans want Beast or Gambit

The Producer wants Beast or Gambit

Bryan Singer wants Beast or Angel, and is opposed to Gambit

I'd say Beast- though I'm a little worried about how he will be handled, coming in behind another blue skinned, fanged, pointy eared mutant....................

Personally, I'd prefer Archangel. He'd work real well, assuming the movie version of the Dark Phoenix saga also includes the Hellfire club. I also hope the rumors of Kitty and Colossus getting bigger roles are true.

My guess, though, is that Beast will be the new member. He's the one that everyone can agree on.
Originally posted by bamfchickie
As much as I would dearly love to see Gambit in X3, Singer has said on more than one occasion that he has no desire to introduce Gambit in an X-movie he helms. His reasons have included his belief that Remy's personality is too close to Logan's, and also that "visually" the powers are too close to Scott's. (I disagree there, but unfortunately I'm not the director). ;)
Gambit would most definately be a redundant character in the context of the movies- let's look at his most recognizable characteristics:

Flirt= Nightcrawler
Loner= Wolverine
Thief= Storm (Halle wouldn't take too kindly to Gambit stealing a possibilty for more screen time for her)
Has the Hots for Rogue= Iceman, arguably Wolverine and Pyro
Controls Energy which is most often used as a projectile weapon= Cyclops, Storm
elvenenchantress
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Most Likely Character

Post by elvenenchantress »

Gambit would definitely be a plus, and I would most definitely love to see him in it, but I think Beast will be the next character introduced in order to keep the balance of character personalities.
They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.

:bunny Bunny Warrior # 6 :bunny *rawr*

My deviantart gallery :browse
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO

Flirt= Nightcrawler
Thief= Storm
Movie Kurt is rather lacking in flirtatiousness, imo. He said one line that could be interpreted as flirting. One line does not make a flirt.

And I can't see movie Storm as a thief. Comic Storm was, at some point, but they haven't put it in the films and I doubt they will.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Most Likely Character

Post by Nandireya »

I think they pretty much vetoed Gambit with the claim that his power (reddish and explosive) was too much like Cyclops' and that his personality (roguish outsider) was too much like Wolverine's (the movie version anyway)...I can kinda see it...sorta...

Poor Hank was cut from both films (not counting the cameo)...but do we really need another blue character (assuming he's THAT form of Beast)?

Angel made it to the final draft of X2...and they don't have a character capable of true flight...

Hmmm...

But do we really need any more characters (says she who's favourite has already appeared...even if it is a wimpy, watered-down version)?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Most Likely Character

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Angel was written into the X2 script so I'd think angel. THough the sentinels is another most liekly as is Hnk or Remy. THough Warren is most likely they already had planned him out and even have sketches of him. (sentinels too)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Most Likely Character

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i think Sentinels have the biggest chance to be in x-3 because there has been designs on what they are going to look like and what part they ate going to do in x-3.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Most Likely Character

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I think Gambit would be the best bet because he is an interestin characteur, but then again I read something about them not puttin' him in X2 cuase he acted too much ike logan and his power was to similar to Scotts.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Miss Freeze
Lubber
Lubber

Most Likely Character

Post by Miss Freeze »

You don't have Pheonix up, she's probably going to show up. They have the actress up for X3
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Most Likely Character

Post by Tracker »

I figure Beast only because Dr. McCoy has been introduced in X2 (the TV interview in the bar scene).

I would also be willing to bet that Gambit might make an appearance. 1) The powers that be seem to want to work him in and 2) The name Remy LeBeau was on the list on the computer Mystique hacked into.

But really, who knows?
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Fuzzy_Elf
Lubber
Lubber

Most Likely Character

Post by Fuzzy_Elf »

I also voted for Beast...I think he's the most likely person. There is indeed already enough romance, and a bit more intellectual scenes might be nice...and also, they already referred to him in that cameo on the tv...so I think it'll be him...I hope so too, I always luved Beast! :D Though Gambit is cool as well...:love :P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We're leaving here tonight
There's no need to tell anyone
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
We'd be halfway to anywhere
Where love is more than just your name

:: Evanescence - Anywhere ::

:: Current avatar made by Esgalordwen ::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Most Likely Character

Post by nightcrawler30 »

Originally posted by Fuzzy_Elf
I also voted for Beast...I think he's the most likely person. There is indeed already enough romance, and a bit more intellectual scenes might be nice...and also, they already referred to him in that cameo on the tv...so I think it'll be him...I hope so too, I always luved Beast! :D Though Gambit is cool as well...:love :P
beast might make it because if you noticed in x-2 when the guard is in the bar you can see that hank mcCoy is on the t.v. mabe the creator's are forshadowing that beast will be in the next film, but i still think that the Sentinels will be in x-3.

Originally posted by Siona
Plus, a huge battle with Sentinels gives us a chance of an aerial attack by Angel, the X-Jet, Storm, or Phoenix!!
that would be a great sceen seeing the sentinels attack the x-jet or the mansion.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
AquaFlame
Lubber
Lubber

Most Likely Character

Post by AquaFlame »

This actually took me a while to answer.

I would LOVE it :love if Remy was in it. However, they've already said that they might not put him in because he's too much like Cyclops and Wolverine (even though I don't agree w/ that).

I was going to pick Beast, but he was already introduced (his human self) in X2. Also, if they wouldn't put Remy in for being like Cyke and Wolvie, then I don't think they'll put Beast in because it will just be a 3rd blue-guy in the film. :hank :mystique and :hang

So, I was stuck with whether to pick Angel or Juggernaut (which I don't think they will explain the whole Juggernaut/Proffessor connection w/ Jean becoming Pheonix). So I picked Angel.
"What?! Boom-Boom?! You're gonna place my life in the hands of a maniac?" Kurt from Evo.