X-3 Phoenix Saga

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Northstars Love »

Found this everyone! I was hoping for a non-Dark Phoenix Saga but...

X-Men 3 Will Feature Dark Phoenix Story

X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner says the third film will definitely deal with the Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix saga.

Check out the rest of the article here:

ComicBookMovie
-----------------------
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

interesting, i wonder how they'll fit the Dark Phoenix Saga into a movie, or how they'll deal with Jean's transformation.
(i kindof hope they dont bring aliens into the movie- then again they probily wont, because i dont think theres a reason to)
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

X-3 Phoenix Saga

I'm looking at it as Jean's second mutation. Phoenix. For someone to embody such great power would most likely drive someone mad. Then again this is not going to be a "entity" Phoenix so the writers may handle it differently.

If I were writing X3 I'd write it as Jean becoming the good Phoenix and then begin her transformation into the Dark Phoenix towards the end. The last 7-10 minutes should do it . It would be a great cliffhanger for introducing X4 and it would drive the discussion on the X-Men to ever greater heights on most boards. What do you think will happen in X4 everyone will start saying. Gotta love it! ;)

I'm finding it difficult however to imagine that the Phoenix we are hoping for may be the one the writer's are going to write. Will we see her fly? Hell, we haven't seen :storm fly yet. Will she leave the Earth's atmosphere and fly into space? As I said since this is not going to be an "entity" Phoenix she may in fact be toned down a bit. Not have the full Phoenix force as we have seen in the books. No space aliens. They are going to introduce some new mutants so I find space aliens to be out of the question totally. Most likely :gambit and :beast will be in this next flick and I'm really hoping for the :sentinal's to make an appearance. Love to see :phoenix take them down in one sweep! LOL That would be awesome! :D

And we can't forget the fuzzy blue! :bamf
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
If I were writing X3 I'd write it as Jean becoming the good Phoenix and then begin her transformation into the Dark Phoenix towards the end. The last 7-10 minutes should do it . It would be a great cliffhanger for introducing X4
That sounds like it would be long drawn out and dull to me, "Oh, Hi. You thought I was dead, I'm not. Happy fun time! Lets save the world with my new firey powers!" ..eeeh...

Crazy evil out of control pissed off Dark Phoenix would be an interesting villian to watch.. Phoenix is just Jean.. big whoop, no fun.. Jean the bad ass.. now THATS fun!

Plus I just can't see an X4.. people seem to stop at 3.. I guess getting out before things become stale?
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Originally posted by Tatu

That sounds like it would be long drawn out and dull to me, "Oh, Hi. You thought I was dead, I'm not. Happy fun time! Lets save the world with my new firey powers!" ..eeeh...

Not really. I believe there should be a transformation from good to bad. Jean being driven mad by her new powers although she tries to hold back such thoughts of total destruction, knowing full well what she can do. The X-Men trying to help her out as they fight the Sentinels or what have you. Besides, your sexy Ragin Cajun will no doubt be in this one. How can you say long and drawn out? :puppy Oh...poor Remy! :P

Crazy evil out of control pissed off Dark Phoenix would be an interesting villian to watch.. Phoenix is just Jean.. big whoop, no fun.. Jean the bad ass.. now THATS fun!

That would happen. But you have to remember that she is not going to be that "entity" as she was the first time around in the books. There won't be that "evil incarnate" idea they had with the Dark Phoenix saga. At that time we thought it was Jean but later on we find out it was the entity coping Jean to the last cell . There were too many desires. Too many emotions to deal with. The Phoenix couldn't handle it. Phoenix was then swayed by evil desires and liked it. There were no rules with being evil. Total freedom from the bounds of morality.

How will they defeat her if she returned as just evil without any explanation to it? A transformation from good to bad makes more sense IMO. Then if they have to kill her how will they bring her back? Ya she's Phoenix but the comics are different. Very different. You can get away with more in the books. You also have to remember that these movies are also made for the layman. The person that doesn't read the X books. They don't have the extensive background knowledge of our merry mutants as most of us do.

Plus I just can't see an X4.. people seem to stop at 3.. I guess getting out before things become stale?

Would you tell that to the producers of Spiderman 2 if in another 3 years #3 is sucessful and they want to produce #4? They look at the profits from the films and not look to see if something is stale or not. Look at all the horror flicks. They are popular but Friday the 13th #10? Come on! Now that is getting old but Jason sells! LOL Love that guy! Freddy too! ;)
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

dont forget the rocky movies (how many are there 5?)
i wonder if this means we'll be seeing the Hellfire Club in X3,(& also keeping alittle to the orinigal story) they could find Jean after what happened in X2 brainwash her to suit their purposes-
it would be good to see another group of mutants besides Xavier's & Magneto's team,
also maybe they helped Stryker like providing funds & weapons for him.
i have a question, didnt the Hellfire club have a hand in creating sentials in the comics
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Sireni have a question, didnt the Hellfire club have a hand in creating sentials in the comics
Shaw (the Black King) did yes.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by nightcrawler30 »

this is going to be really cool. we will have an all out war..... between everybody!
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
AquaFlame
Lubber
Lubber

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by AquaFlame »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
...I believe there should be a transformation from good to bad. Jean being driven mad by her new powers although she tries to hold back such thoughts of total destruction, knowing full well what she can do. The X-Men trying to help her out...
Well, isn't that what happened in X2? Her powers kept going out of control, and no matter how much everyone actually wanted/tried to help, there was nothing that they could do to help her out.

Personally, I think that making her go right into Dark Pheonix is the right choice because since her powers were going out of control, she won't be able to control them at all when she becomes Pheonix.

Think about it, Bad Jean spreading terror around everywhere, the Professor finding her, everyone being surprised that she's alive and about her actions. They all try to stop her and bring her to reason but is now stronger than them all.
"What?! Boom-Boom?! You're gonna place my life in the hands of a maniac?" Kurt from Evo.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Garble »

According to Aintitcool, the team that made X-Men and X2 are going to do the new Superman movie before they do X3 and it's possible Fox will go with someone else...

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17972

I'd hate to have the series get switched to someone else at this point. I know that a lot of the cast have said they'd only be interested in a 3rd movie if the director was the same. :
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by scheherazade »

For Dark Phoenix, I think they may introduce the evilness slowly throughout the movie, but not drag it out into an X4 or anything. eg: Jean turns out to be not dead, everyone's happy, they go out and kick some butt, Jean is superpowerful, but we see a flash of darkness within her (for instance, she's ready to kill someone instead of just telekinetically restraining someone... escalates to her becoming totally evil, and cue rest of pheonix saga.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Singe »

New writing/directing team? Nnnnnnng... what the hell. Shoddy, shoddy day indeed. At the very least if they keep Bryan, it'll be a long time before X3 even gets started (even though several of the actors have said it's going to start filming in the spring). X3 and Spider-man 3 could come out in the same summer, and that could be a little weird... somehow I don't think Avi would be too keen on that.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-3 Phoenix Saga

Post by Tracker »

I think that the story line could easy handle having Jean start out evil...from her resurrection on, anway:LOL

If they try to go through the whole Dark Phoenix Saga as originally written, it would take at least 2 movies...and quite frankly, I'm thinking that we should count ourselves lucky that they are planning an X3. I really don't think we'll get an X4...but I've been wrong in the past.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde