X3 Director and Production

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Well there goes any chance of X3 being any good.
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by bluefooted
... fans of Angel, Gambit, Beast, and even Stacey X deserve their chance at happiness too, I guess... maybe :(
I think that's what makes me the most angry about this. Those fans *do* deserve to see their characters, of course... but they also deserve much better than this! I have to wonder how cheated fans of Two-Face or Robin felt when they saw Batman Forever, let alone anyone who liked Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze once Batman and Robin reared its ugly, garish head. Fans of DareDevil and Bullseye must have been really ticked-off that the Daredevil movie was as poorly executed as it was. (I think Electra fans may have gotten some satisfaction with the Electra solo movie later on.) Superman fans threw in the towel at Superman III and Superman IV, and Punisher fans have every right to want to kill someone after TWO attempts to do the movie right failed so miserably. And I'm afraid to even mention Pyun's *cough* "tribute" to Captain America.

God, people shouldn't have to "settle" for seeing their favorite characters on a movie screen in whatever movie happens to be on. They deserve better. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that we at least got a great Nightcrawler representation on X2, because with the way things are going, I fear that's going to be the last time a new character is introduced in a good X-men film. :shame
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Kaileighblue »

I think they just want to use Stacy X so they can reuse Mystique's look but just paint her different colors.

I'm really not sure who they think they are going to get the movie done by that time if they can't settle for a director for more thatn a week.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Aaaaand the pessimist chimes in...
Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
A source tells Pagesix.com the mutant will be, "An unbelievably hot and sexy hooker. Her super power is that she secretes a pheromone that helps her to seduce men. She can seduce anyone." The source adds of the auditions, "They are open to all ethnicities who are in their early-to-mid 20s."
It's screwed. It's just screwed.
Originally posted by Kaileighblue
I'm really not sure who they think they are going to get the movie done by that time if they can't settle for a director for more thatn a week.
Ah, well. I've given up all hope in X3 by now; it just seems impossible to me that anything good will be done with it with their procrastination.
Originally posted by Nandireya
I'd rather not have an X3 at all over this convoluted mess.
I'm beginning to agree...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

WHY SINGER WHY?! It would be so simple if he could juggle the two projects, sure they would be finished a lot later, but at least X3 would be good:(:bamf
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

WHY SINGER WHY?! It would be so simple if he could juggle the two projects
Heh. Yeah, he came in and directed some of Peter Jackson's King Kong for him, ;) why not some of Ratner's new X3? Or better yet, why not all of it?

I was at the movies the other day and there was an X3 teaser poster up on the wall. My friend pointed it out and said, "I bet you're excited about that". Of course I explained to him what a nightmare the film is turning into and that at this point, I was more alarmed than excited.

But I have to wonder, why are they putting posters with release dates in theaters when the movie is in such a state with an unfinished script, an untested (possibly temporary) director, and priciple photography not even in the can yet? Has Fox stopped caring entirely? Or do they think that we don't care and that when we see Wolverine's claws combined with leather we will go glassy eyed and dutifully march into the theater no matter how bad the film is?

That in itself is almost as alarming as the rumors.

-e
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Oh great, Stacy-X :shocked. This freaking movie is just going from bad to worse.

Now let's come up with even more ways to make a bigger mess of this film. Oh, I know. How about introducing Mojo, and we could miniaturize the cast so they could play the X-Babies :rolleyes.

Why did I think Marvel might step in and bring sanity to this fiasco.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I am heartily amused by the fact that at my almost-9ish post, I for some reason thought Cumming was still in the movie and said that it might offset some of the pure crap. (This ridiculous statement has been removed.)

I apparently was too tired and/or drunk to remember that those idiots are not going to have a Nightcrawler in X3, and I am glad other 'Scrawlers ignored my stupidity (it's run of the mill for me).

I am now not watching the movie. A bit dramatic, but I don't see any point to seeing it, when I know what a fetid pile of something-or-other it's going to be. If it gets mediocre-to-favourable reviews, I might see it after it's a DVD, like I do with all other films I have a mild interest in.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

hmmm.......

I feel like everyone is kinda jumping the gun here with their conclusions...I mean, nothing we have heard so far is 100% set in stone. The movie isn't even written yet! I, for one, am going to give it the benefit of the doubt until a preview or some other version of official publicity gives me a reason to not see the movie.

And to be honest, it IS possible to have a good X movie without Nightcrawler...........it just may be a bit more difficult :D
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
...to be honest, it IS possible to have a good X movie without Nightcrawler...[/quote]

Perhaps so...but that doesn't mean we'll all want to see it...and the rumours do not indicate that it will be a good movie…

As it stands...I have no interest in seeing it...and not just because it's Nighty-free
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Oh! I'm sorry if I gave the impression I was only not going to see it until DVD on account of Nightcrawler's absence. It's a major factor for me, but it's not a deal-breaker. It's just all of the other random idiotic things that all the directors and the producers have decided to throw it in just because they think X3 is a done deal.

It's not, and just because X2 was excellent does not mean it's going to be a good sequel. However, it seems like that's being assumed by all the administration behind X3, and that's what the problem is. Just my two cents.
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by luvnightcrawler »

Exactly...I was very upset that when I heard Kurt wouldnt be in the movie, but I was still planning on seeing it until I heard about the crappy script and Stacy X.
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Dropping Kurt for Stacy X... Great, just great ! :mad:mad
This character was amusing, but really, really not essential !!

Couldn't they just continue with Bryan Singer's legacy, instead of changing everything ?
So stupid... :mad
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Diablo
Couldn't they just continue with Bryan Singer's legacy, instead of changing everything ?

Dont I wish my friend. :( In light of the tremendous stink coming from the X3 camp wouldnt it be sooooo ironic if SINGER's new SUPERMAN flick is ridiculously successful, incredibly well done and exceptionally well received? It's a good bet that BRYAN's pulling out all of the stops in that regard. Meanwhile in the X-camp we have reports of bi-sexual mutant prostitutes, tennis champion Ex girlfriends auditioning for roles, and apparently still no solid script to work from.... :rolleyes

BAMF!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Amen to that, BAMF !

I'm a Superman fan suddenly...
Gimme my red undewear ! :D
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

LOL! Although i've always been a huge fan of Donner's 'SUPERMAN the Movie' and 'SUPERMAN II' i've never really been a big fan of the character. It's not so much the usual "uber-powerful characters are boring" argument with me as i've always liked DC's SHAZAM/CAPTAIN MARVEL and MARTIAN MANHUNTER waaay more than I like SUPES. (Go figure!)

All that said though I am VERY much looking forward to BRYAN SINGER's take. It seems almost pre-destined that the irony of Bryan/Warner Bros' Superman completely blowing away Rothman/Rattner and Fox's X3 will come to pass.

We'll see....!

BAMF!
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

We should all be thankful Batman's still doing goood things and hope Fantastic four stinks to the high heavens. That way Marvel will stop serving steaming pills of crap to us!!!
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
HellSpawn
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HellSpawn »

Fantastic Four was... well, Fantastic. I do not wish ill will onto Marvel and I'm already shakey about Superman Returns. The costume was... off.

As for X-Men with Juggernaught in the books and rumors of Colossus being a major player I'm hoping for a knock down drag out sluggfest between the two titans.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by HellSpawn
I do not wish ill will onto Marvel and I'm already shakey about Superman Returns. The costume was... off.
I guees it's good news for Marvel then, considering Superman is DC..
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I have no desire to see either film...I have no desire to see any of the upcoming comicbook films...well, maybe Spider-man 3...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

hallo,

i´m so happy that aaron stanford will be in the next movie.
but i´m still unhappy that so much new charakters will appear there. they don´t really get a chance to tell their story of their way, you know.

i think it´s ok that kurt is not in the movie. for phoeniy saga he surely have one or two phrases to say, and thats it :-(

oh lord, hope nothings chance more yet... only it gets better :-/

greatings alex
grüsse alex
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja fallacy
hallo,

ii´m still unhappy that so much new charakters will appear there. they don´t really get a chance to tell their story of their way, you know.
yeah, but still it would be kind of boring when you see the same characters from last movie and no new one's. i thought it was great to see NC as a new character in 2, and now more new characters like colossus, drake etc.
Alkuperäinen postittaja Nandireya
I have no desire to see either film...I have no desire to see any of the upcoming comicbook films...well, maybe Spider-man 3...
Not even.. V for vendetta? :P
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

@crocodile hunter

yeah, know what you mean.
but they could more agree to each other... in my opinion ;-)
grüsse alex
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Just, just now i went to imdb and saw it, Ratner's last productions.
Rush Hour 1 & 2? And this guy is making X-men 3..
im going to go under the desk now -___-