X3 Director and Production

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Fox are being pretty nasty towards anyone that follows Singer to Superman...

check it out
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Hmnh,

I actually could see that X2 actor in question playing Jimmy Olsen, he has that wide-eyed all american boy image going for him. - I'm not certain about the other guy, there's no piccie.

Its a pity that the other guy was "nixed" as it were, but i guess that's showbiz (and Mr Murdoch) for ya - *reads on*

They cancelled the guy who played Cyclops?!?! *breathes fire* dangit! i liked him as cyke!!! he was cute!!! who the heck else are they going to ditch? Whatsername who played Storm has been in oodles of other films 'tween X-flicks why can't they give James Marsden a break!?!

*pouts*

:Off topic thought, (sorry) - why is it that Mr Gates was prevented from having a monopoly a la the internet, yet Mr Murdoch can? (mass media wise that is)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I really hope everyone returns, it's going to be the last movie and I really want everyone back for it. As for Marden, they could always do what Cyke did in the comics and just tell us that he left to find himself after Jean died. Then he can return at the end to confront Jean, which won't take too much time out of his Superman schedule. They could even have Cudmore (Colossus) as a new X-Man to make the X-Men roster look better. Along with a new character like Gambit, Beast, or even Angel the movie would look a lot better:D
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

What's starting to worry me the most is the fact that Fox seems to INSIST that this thing be ready by mid-2006. INSIST. Don't have a script? Don't have pencils or storyline? TOUGH! We've got a schedule to meet! Um, guys? There's this little thing called "quality"? Us fanboys and fangils, who go to see your movies and buy your merchandise, will hapilly wait for it.... And if it isn't there, get ready for a lengthy visit to Daredevil-ville....

And the bit about James being kicked off....

*snarl*

It's not that I'm a huge Cyclops or Mardsen fan, but he really did a good job as old "stick-up-the-arse", and it's so frikkin' obvious this is a childish "tit for tat" manuever. They made HUGE concessons for Hugh, Ian, and Alan. They let everyone else do other movies in the meantime. What the HELL is this "Your schedule with Superman won't allow you into our shooting shcedule" bullshit??

It's infuriating to think that they're dicking around one of the only economically viable Comic Book franchise films Marvel has. I mean, what else is there? Spiderman. Xmen and Spiderman. That's it. Hulk lost, Daredevil, Blade Trinity, and Punisher lost money BIG TIME, and I don't think Electra is doing so hot (tho I haven't seen the returns). And let's not even talk about the aborted (Roger Corman production of) Fantastic Four, or (shudder) Pyun's execrable Captain America. Even DC is having a bit of trouble with their franchise. Superman and Batman started out great... and then someone decided that a left turn into campy-ville (and even a vanity film) would be a good change of pace, and things imploded.

This overtly childish Mardsen dismissal bit had better be some sort of publicity ploy. And I pray to God they don't rush this thing. I don't want to see X3 turn into Batman IV.... :cry
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ryuu-chan »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
Even Halle Berry's talk about leaving didn't bother me; I mean, she's hardly carrying the first two films.
She's really leaving? You're not just trying to get my hopes up, right?

Man, I'm really out of the loop with X3. I blame college.
Older, smarter, and more sane than before.

Hopefully, anyway.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

As much as I dislike Marsden, him leaving would be a big mistake. They'd need a seriously convincing excuse in the movie for his dissapearance if they don't replace him first (which IMO, is much worse), not just that but if Halle is leaving also they still have to explain that or get a good replacement for her.

:yellYeah, hey every body! Tom Green as Cyclops and Oprah for Storm!!:grrr:thumbdown

My vote is for the extremely good excuse.
one name: Bruce Campbell
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Why did Brian Singer want to direct Superman in the first place? Going from comic book franchises is a dumb idea.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I'm pretty sure it wasn't about the money. I think it's one of his lifelong dreams. Sort of like how Steve Jackson *really* wants to direct a new King Kong, Singer *really* wants to do a new Superman. When you've become as well-regarded as Singer, you can afford to call your own shots, and I'd have to think that's a great position to be in. (So many directors kind of get stuck with other people's projects....)

As sorry as I am to see Brian leave the X-franchise, I'm happy that he can pursue his dream. What SUCKS is the fact that the FANS can accept Brian for being true to himself, but the STUDIOS can't. So much for immature fanboy fanaticism and professional studio behavior.... :shakeno
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

did you mean Peter Jackson, from Lord of the Rings?

I just really think Superman could wait, X-men should be Singer's number one priority and I wish he would've reconsidered doing Superman. I just hope someone good will direct X3:(
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! YES, I MEANT PETER JACKSON!!! :doh! Jesus, I feel stupid.... :bawl
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Don't kick yourself.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

sorry, didn't mean to sound snotty or anything... anywho sorry for getting off topic
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:huh
sorry, didn't mean to sound snotty or anything
Nobody said you were being snotty...not that I know of...*dang emotionless computer*

I was just telling Maelstrom not to kick herself over forgetting a name...I do it all the time. :toothy

Originally posted by DeeJay
Why did Brian Singer want to direct Superman in the first place? Going from comic book franchises is a dumb idea.
Here, here!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! YES, I MEANT PETER JACKSON!!! :doh! Jesus, I feel stupid.... :bawl
It happens to the best of us. :p

The most important part is that there's no script and no director. Without either of those they could still have the best casting, but it could still be a crappy movie. I'm afraid that it might become rushed/delayed, depending on how responsible Fox is.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Nobody said you were being snotty
I didn't mean that anyone said I was, but when I reread it, it sounded snotty in my head, so I just wanted Maelstrom to know I wasn't being a snob or anything:)
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
The most important part is that there's no script and no director. Without either of those they could still have the best casting, but it could still be a crappy movie. I'm afraid that it might become rushed/delayed, depending on how responsible Fox is.
Well said.

I'm really, REALLY hoping that FOX realizes just how important it is to keep up the level of quality when they start moving forward with X3. They'd better not take for granted the incredible level of critical & commercial success theyve enjoyed with the X-franchise. Similar to the way SAM RAIMI 'got it' when it came to the handling of SPIDEY, BRYAN 'gets it' and his handling of the material is a large part of why the X- movies are so successful.
Here's hoping whoever takes over the helm 'gets it' too..... :shame

B A M F !
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

http://superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2714

though I am a bit bothered that he's only directed one movie before this....

http://imdb.com/name/nm0891216/
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Wow, that was unexpected.

Apart from the bollocks film that had Madonna in, those are some good films hes produced. Still waiting to see Layer Cake though.

*Wonders if there will be east-end gangsters in X3* :LOL

And another thing, I wonder if Vinnie Jones will get a part :D
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Well, I haven't seen Layer Cake, so I have no idea what to think about this director. He could be the next Stephen Spielberg :naughty... or the next Al Pyun. :yuck

And since I would rather keep visions of the original Jaws and Jurassic Park in my head, I am going to hope for the former. (*Chants in a desparate voice, "please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun, please no Pyun...."*):puppy
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I can't speak for previous movies but at least they have a director. Maybe sometime they'll get a script. ;) Hopefully it'll turn out well; I'm a pessimist however...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I agree, I really don't like the slap-dash way in which this movie is being done since Singer defected. A good action adventure movie takes more than a year to put together. It seems like the studio committed to doing this movie and they are determined to release it regardless of whether the quality is up to par. I wonder what the budget is and whether the producers will continue to provide the money needed.

Maybe it will exceed my expectations, but at this point, I don’t have very high hopes for a quality film. :(
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Well, I can't speak for previous movies but at least they have a director. Maybe sometime they'll get a script. ;) Hopefully it'll turn out well; I'm a pessimist however...
Well, based on a quote from Patrick Stewart, the script was suppossed to be finished sometime last week. Not sure if it met the deadline, but if it did- they now have a script and director.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I really hope this guy's good... being the last movie and all, I have pretty high expectations
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

FOX please, please , PLEASE do not make some campy, convoluted silliness that has us longing for the quality and characterization that SINGER brought to the franchise!
I really have my fingers crossed for this. Excited to hear BEAST is a go, but i'm wondering if the new director will be as adept at juggling multiple characters as SINGER was....:o

B A M F !
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

I wouldn't worry too much about the director handling multiple characters OR making it campy. His last film, Layer Cake, involved drugs and guns with a large cast.

Here's his IMDB profile: Matthew Vaughn

Sure, I wish Singer were still directing it, but I enjoyed Lock Stock and will probably hunt down Layer Cake now.