X3 Plot and Characters (not casting)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They'll probably use a full-body suit like The Thing from Fantastic Four, except with all blue fur... I'm just not sure how this will look
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

characters

Post by B A M F ! »

....unless of course theyre going with pre-blue /original X-Men BEAST. It wouldnt be anywhere near as cool as the bouncing-blue-furred version, but waaaaay more cost effective. Also it's a possibility that with NIGHTCRAWLER and MYSTIQUE already in the flick, they may see it as too many blue mutants running around in the same movie. (I think I remember GARBLE touching on that point a looooong time ago.)

Then again I could be waaay off! If they ARE gonna go blue though, i'd much rather see the SIMIAN version than MORRISON's FELINE one.

B A M F !
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm pretty sure they're going with the fuzzy Hank... I can't find the link right now, but I'll repost the link when I find it... I hope they go with the original version, the cat version is really bad:bamf
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Maelstrom »

The simian version of Beast would certainly be easier to animate/emote through than the leonine one. He wouldn't need a full-head animatronic mask for the "ape look". I'd think they would make that decision out of budgetary and logistical concerns if nothing else.

However, they have introduced Henry McCoy as his normal self (albeit in a cameo, when our sacrificial security guard was watching TV in the bar.) From what little we saw of him, he seemed like a relatively well-built individual. But in that 3-piece suit, and with no one near him for a sense of scale, it was impossible to guage whether or not he had the right physique for Hulking Hank.

(Also, I don't know if they'd bother with the same actor or not. They kept Iceman from the first movie, but replaced Pyro, so who knows?)

I'm still thinking they'll go with the blue Beast, because he's more striking than the normal one, and Singer's not running the show anymore. Bryan was the one who made the artistic decision to leave Beast and Gambit on the sidelines because he didn't want them to conflict with Nightcrawler and Cyclops' abilities/looks. Now that Matthew's in charge, all bets are off.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

This is from Superhero Hype:
Beast is expected to be seen in his transformed part while Gambit is not expected to be a major character. Cyclops also won't have a big role in the story, the site adds.
Maelstrom, to answer your question, they're not using the actor who played Hank in the cameo, I heard that elsewhere.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

characters

Post by InterNutter »

There may even be a passing chance to see Nighty with a proper fur coat ^_^

...but I'm not holding my breath :P :(
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

characters

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by InterNutter
There may even be a passing chance to see Nighty with a proper fur coat ^_^

...but I'm not holding my breath :P :(
Indeed…we will no doubt be stuck with the self-mutilating ‘Crawler of Singer’s vision…Alan’s no doubt already moaning about that…but we may see some more fun from him ;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

characters

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Indeed…we will no doubt be stuck with the self-mutilating ‘Crawler of Singer’s vision…Alan’s no doubt already moaning about that…but we may see some more fun from him ;)
Wouldn't it be a bit worse to have it changed right in the middle of it? That might be a bit weird. I say this not only because I like the movie 'Crawler, but because it'd be a bit inconsistent to change it.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

characters

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Wouldn't it be a bit worse to have it changed right in the middle of it? That might be a bit weird. I say this not only because I like the movie 'Crawler, but because it'd be a bit inconsistent to change it.
I agree. And really, the tattoos weren't that bad of an idea. A fur suit will probably work for Beast-- the guy's huge, so the suit will help bulk the actor up a bit. Whereas for Nighty, it just wouldn't work.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The tattoos are good for the movie, just like the scales are good for Mystique... and the nude Rebecca Romijn is good for me :lol... but changing him now would be stupid and unnecessary
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

characters

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
I like Movie Crawler...though as he stands I see him as a completely separate entity…like Ultimate Nightcrawler used to be…I'd just like to see him show a little bit more backbone...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

characters

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Tracker

I agree. And really, the tattoos weren't that bad of an idea. A fur suit will probably work for Beast-- the guy's huge, so the suit will help bulk the actor up a bit. Whereas for Nighty, it just wouldn't work.
It's not so much that the tattoos were a bad idea *visually*. It's that they're NOT tattoos, they're scars, and they indicate the guy is so messed up that he actually carved himself up to atone for his sins. At least that's how his dialogue sure seems to have spun it. I'm just not really into the idea of Kurt and self-mutilation....
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

plot rumors

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Hmm... I was sent this, which is a little strange.....

[spoiler]Ba-doom! From the IMDB (Yes, yes I know):
The three that will die are Magneto (assasinated w/ a plastic bullet at the beginning of the film), Jean and Cyclops. The "sex scene" is with Wolverine and Storm. Storm's the one that loses her powers. Of course, this is how it was in the treatment back before Vaughn took over, so things might've changed. The main villain ends up being Dark Phoenix, and Magneto is killed by a mutant named Prophet.[/spoiler]
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

plot rumors

Post by LadyErin »

RE: the spoilers

Please, please, I beg the Gods, just let these be rumors.:eek
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I hope to God they are... the movie would suck without... you know who... and killed in the beginning? :(
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Hmm... I was sent this, which is a little strange.....

[spoiler]Ba-doom! From the IMDB (Yes, yes I know):
The three that will die are Magneto (assasinated w/ a plastic bullet at the beginning of the film), Jean and Cyclops. The "sex scene" is with Wolverine and Storm. Storm's the one that loses her powers. Of course, this is how it was in the treatment back before Vaughn took over, so things might've changed. The main villain ends up being Dark Phoenix, and Magneto is killed by a mutant named Prophet.[/spoiler]
Ok- These spoilers are apparently from a draft of the script that's over 4 months old- so they may or may not be in the final film.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Script review for X3 - Yikes! Don't read if you don't want some pretty crappy spoilers , but it's from Ain't it cool, so probably means nothing:

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20443
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by bluefooted
Script review for X3 - Yikes! Don't read if you don't want some pretty crappy spoilers , but it's from Ain't it cool, so probably means nothing:

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20443
If it's true, I don't think I want to watch this movie...........

EDIT: As I responded on another forum to comments someone made about characters dying being a regular part of comics...

People die in comics when the story needs it, but with the other story elements set up, these characters should live.
[spoiler]
It's the Dark Phoenix Saga. Cyclops is the character who went through the most emotional turmoil, knowing that he would possibly have to kill the woman he loved. So what do they do in the movie version? Kill him as soon as she shows up.

Juggernaut, Xavier's estranged stepbrother, is brought in. A perfect oppurtunity to explore the angst between these two characters, and really develop Xavier. As soon as these two meet on screen, Xavier is dead.......
[/spoiler]
There's a right and wrong way to kill off characters. To kill them off right before the perfect oppurtunity to explore them and give them some great development is the wrong way to do it. But then, I suppose that's how you balance a movie with a large cast these days Rolling Eyes
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Did these guys sit down and ask each other “How can we totally piss off the loyal comic readers and completely destroy this franchise”?

If this turns out to be the plot...and the spoilers they posted for X2 were eerily accurate…count this little X-Fan out!

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Okay.... I'm just going to take a deep breath and repeat a well-known, oft-quoted phrase of showbusiness:

"I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right."

Getting everyone angry by giving crappy news, half-truths, stuff that sounds dreadful out-of-context, or downright stupid plot ideas could be a misguided way to generate free publicity. Notice I say "misguided". We don't NEED publicity like this on a film, really, but some producers never learn.

I see all this stuff as still in transition. Filming hasn't started yet (mid-June 2005, release date of 8/2006, and filming hasn't started? OY! :doh!), so I doubt anything is as nailed-down as it sounds. In fact, it sounds to me like this source was in on a brainstorming session for the plot, and in brainstorming sessions a good 80% of everything is crap and will never see the light of day.

This is what I keep telling myself. This is what I *have* to believe. Because if we have to deal with another Batman and Robin end to a succesful franchise, life is going to get unpleasant on every single X-men-related board. The flames will be so high that we'll feel like we're watching a tire fire. There will be weeping and wailing and beating of breasts and gnashing of teeth.

God, please, don't let this turn into another Aliens3. Which also went through three directors.... and last minute complete script rewrites... and had nasty political stuff going on between actors, directors, and producers....:urg
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Maelstrom (mid-June 2005, release date of 8/2006, and filming hasn't started? OY! :doh!),
Actually, the release date is Memorial Day 2006 (About May 30th), so their even more behind than you thought.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

:LOL Don't those directors ever learn? Just like history... people keep making the same mistakes and the entire empire goes down in flames!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Did these guys sit down and ask each other “How can we totally piss off the loyal comic readers and completely destroy this franchise”?
I read through that AINT IT COOL NEWS article and that's the exact same thought that ran through my mind. It seems almost inevitable that politics, egos and powertrips are going to kill this franchise. :(

If even HALF of what I read in that article is true a part of me wishes they wouldnt even make X3 so as not to taint the memory of the near-perfection that X2 was.
ALIEN 3 was a great analogy. ALIENS was almost flawless. To this day it's one of my top 10 greatest movies (in any genre) of all time. Then along comes Aliens 3.... and for all of the above mentioned nightmares (that seem to be eerily reminiscent of what's happening now with X3).... it very nearly wrecks the franchise and forever taints the memory of the incredible 2nd installment.

I realize that it's a little premature to get this worked up over an article on a Sci- Fi News & Gossip website. What has me worried though is the fact that almost all of AIN'T IT COOL NEWS' pre-X2 scoops and 'inside info' was virtually DEAD ON.
As excited as MORIARTY was about everything he was able to find out about X2, he is almost equally cryptic and cynical about what he's heard so far about X3.

Some eye-opening snippets from his article.....

"Here’s the thing about X-MEN. It may be one of the most flexible and durable film franchises I’ve ever seen. By the very nature of who the X-Men are, you can rotate cast in and out of the series without having to scrap continuity. This is already off to a better financial and creative start than the Bond franchise was, and you see the legs on that one. Why, then, would you allow a personal grudge to lead you to make decisions that will not only kill the golden goose, but also rape it and eat it?"

"What’s really amazing is how X-MEN was something (FOX executive, Tom) Rothman hated from the start, no matter what he says now in public. I’ve spoken to at least ten people close to the production who have provided me with laundry lists of the ways that Rothman tried to fuck up the first film. Remember when they cut the budget and moved up the release date on the first X-MEN? You know why? Rothman was cutting his losses. He really, truly anticipated that the film would come out and vanish without a trace, and he would finally be rid of what he saw as a corporate albatross. Instead, the film clicked, and on the second film, Bryan Singer and his writers and the producers were all able to muster enough muscle to get Fox to give them the room they needed to make something even better.
That must have stuck in Rothman’s craw something fierce, and that’s what led to that massive slow-down after X-MEN 2.
They should have made Bryan’s deal the following week, and they should have also locked in Dougherty and Harris and Tom DeSanto and Lauren Shuler-Donner and Ralph Winter and the entire production team and the cast and everyone else that was part of the creative alchemy that made the first two films work."

Scary, Scary stuff.... :shame :eek :(

TOM ROTHMAN. If this movie turns out to be the unmitigated disaster it seems like it's shaping up to be, that is a name that I wont soon forget.....:mad!!!!

BAMF!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Originally posted by Maelstrom (mid-June 2005, release date of 8/2006, and filming hasn't started? OY! :doh!),
Actually, the release date is Memorial Day 2006 (About May 30th), so their even more behind than you thought.
:bawl
fuzzydude
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude »

According to a little birdy, there's going to be Cain Marko in this film. And since only and idiot would put in Cain Marko without making him the unstoppable Juggernaut, I think we can expect to see him don the armor and go on a rampage. By the way, has anyone heard rumors about an image inducer for Kurt?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own

Adam Savage

Mythbusters