X3 Plot and Characters (not casting)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
BlueAvenger9
Lubber
Lubber

Post by BlueAvenger9 »

If Archangel became a new member of the X-men, would he have a big role?
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

In the movie?
how can he could have a new role?
i'm not understanding this, could you please try to be more specific?
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

You mean how big a part will he have right? Probably not very large. There's a whole arsenal of mutants rumored to be in it. I think it's posted on another thread that the count was 5. Even if there were only two or three, there wouldn't be a big story for each of them, especially if they're going to focus on pheonix and storm. Basicly, I have a feeling we'll get some more Colossus type action. They'll have one or two major scenes but won't get too developed. Hopefully they won't be written out like him though. Heck, even Nightcrawler was still mysterious to people who weren't all ready familiar with him at the end of the second movie. I was fine, because I allready knew him, but my sister doesn't read comics and felt like they should have explained him more. He and Colossus were the only completely new mutants too.

Oh and I realize you probably meant just Angel, but for the record, I'd be dissapointed if he came in as Archangel. There's too much story behind his being Archangel that he can't just appear in that way. I'm sure that if he is in it, that will be respected and he'll be good ol' Angel.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Quite frankly, I think its more of a possibility that Beast will be brought in. They did have the TV interview with Dr. Hank McCoy after all;)
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

didnt Singer say he wanted to bring more characters in x2 but wasnt able to. (i think he wanted Gambit & Angel but wasnt able to)
but i think we may see Gambit, Angel & Beast in X3.
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nighton »

I dont think he will get that big a part of the movie, but still, it would be nice if he was in X3. The more mutants the merrier!
Ju mer vi är tillsammans, desto gladare vi bli!
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i dont think he'd have a large role, maybe just a camo or action scence (like shadowcat & collussus did)
& not when theres Wolverine & Storm(if berry signs for X3) in the movie
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
LadyBamf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LadyBamf »

On new characters, I was flipping through a magizine at a Suncoast movie store near my house cause it had Angel stuff in it. I happened to come across a tiny article in it that said Gambit will be in the next X-Men.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." -The Marauders

"Those who hear not the music...think the dancers mad." -Unknown

"Now, I'm getting into the coffin....and you will get in on top of me if you know whats good for you"
-Lestat
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

You can't give your hopes up, Beast was supposed to be in the first one and the Sentinels and Danger Room were supposed to be in X2. Also a Gambit cameo was never shown in X2. Personally, I hope Angel, Beast, Gambit, and maybe some other characters like Psyclocke or Polaris. I head Emma Frost is gonna be in X3... oh well.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I'd like to know why the Gambit cameo didn't even make the DVD.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Something about the person in the cameo didn't want to be in the third one or something.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Who cares? He was only a stunt double. They changed a bunch of the x-kids from the first one to the sequel anyway.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

True, true... I still say an Austrailian Pyro would be better
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2732 It seems that the three new characters have been announced:D I can't wait:D Don't know about the female Angel though...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2732 It seems that the three new characters have been announced:D I can't wait:D Don't know about the female Angel though...
Here's a follow-up on that:

http://filmforce.ign.com/x-men/articles ... ?fromint=1
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

http://www.movietome.com/movietome/serv ... 86/XMen_3/

Hmm... this site lists casting decsicions for Avalanche, Dazzler, and Scarlet Witch
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

WHAT?!:? I'd think Bolivar Trask, Sentinels, Beast, Angel, and Gambit would be enough additions to the cast
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WHAT?!:? I'd think Bolivar Trask, Sentinels, Beast, Angel, and Gambit would be enough additions to the cast
Yeah- According to another forum I posted this link on, this isn't a reliable source. Apparently they'll print anything people tell them.

new SHH article:
http://superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2753
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I figured as much... casting hasn't even begun to the best of my knowledge, so having three new people already cast seemed odd.
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightmare »

Found this via FARK, on "Ain't It Cool News"
More X-MEN 3 News! Want To Know Which New X-Men Are Joining The Team This Time!!
Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...

The same little birdie from Fox came a tweet-tweet-tweetin’ at my door today to give me some more X-MEN 3 news for all of you. And this time, I’m not even going to tease you about it.
Seems that Professor Xavier is adding three new team members this time out. Personally, I think I’m happiest to hear that BEAST will be joining the X-Men. I love that blue furry bastard, and it sounds like he’s going to serve the same role in these films that Morpheus did in THE MATRIX.
All of you Cajun fans can finally rest easy. GAMBIT will indeed be part of the film this time around, and expect them to cast a fairly big name in the role.
Now... what would a bit of superhero news be without some controversy? Ready for this one? ANGEL will be in the movie. But ANGEL... will be a girl.
Rev those fanboy engines and bloody up the TalkBacks. This thing’s getting more concrete by the day, and as they cast these roles, we’ll hopefully have some more news for you.

"Moriarty" out.

X3 Information
Don't hate me because I scare you...
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Maelstrom »

All of you Cajun fans can finally rest easy. GAMBIT will indeed be part of the film this time around, and expect them to cast a fairly big name in the role.
Well, that pretty much cements the fact that Singer's not going to have anything at all to do with this movie. He kept complaining that Cyclops' and Gambit's powers were too visually similar, and swore he'd never put them next to each other.... :rolleyes
Now... what would a bit of superhero news be without some controversy? Ready for this one? ANGEL will be in the movie. But ANGEL... will be a girl.
Angel... AS A GIRL?? :? Okay, please tell me this is someone's misinformation, or a joke? Is this just some kind of "get them talking" red herring? What's the POINT of switching sexes!? Do they consider Warren so bland a character, and so without a fan base, that they need to do this? Jesus, if they even considered doing this with Wolverine there'd be hell to pay!

Mardsen has been kicked off due to a fit of childishness. They don't have a script yet. They're introducing three "new" characters, and have switched the sex on one of them for no apparnet reason except to put more cheesecake in. And they WILL have it done by 2006.

:blindfold Dear God, this is looking worse and worse....
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

There actually is a femlae Angel, but she isn't in this one. Fear not my friends, the information is incorrect, no offense Nightmare. Everything else is right, except the female rumor is untrue. http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2762
At least we get a Danger Room scene in this one!:bamf
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

characters

Post by Nightmare »

I sited my source, so any errors are theirs. =) It was the first I'd heard about it, so I thought I'd share... on retrospect, it probably belongs under Movie Kurt, since he's probably going to be in it.

(Hopes Alan Cummings steals the show again.)
Don't hate me because I scare you...
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

http://superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2762
New X-Men 3 Details?
Source: IGN Filmforce
March 22, 2005

IGN Filmforce has received some more info from their source on X-Men 3:

IGN FilmForce's secret X3 source advised us that Anna Paquin is signed to return as Rogue and that the Danger Room will finally be seen. Our insider reiterated that a male Angel will be in X3, along with Beast and Gambit. They also denied that the Sentinels will be in X3, as was reported yesterday at XMenFilms.net. Our source, however, refused to comment on the site's other claim that the film's villain will be Dr. Bolivar Trask.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

characters

Post by Maelstrom »

There actually is a femlae Angel, but she isn't in this one. Fear not my friends, the information is incorrect, no offense Nightmare. Everything else is right, except the female rumor is untrue. http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2762
*WHEW* :content Thank GOD that was a red herring. I didn't think FOX would be dumb enough to do something like that, but with the political stupidity surrounding Mardsen's dismissal, I wasn't so sure anymore....
The script is by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg.

Well, Zak did work on X2, but that's the only thing I've seen by him. (Believe it or not, I never saw Electra.) And Simon's even more of a newcomer: according to imdb, he has even fewer movie scripts to his name, and all but one are still in production. It's always interesting to see "untested talent" on a film....
Our insider reiterated that a male Angel will be in X3, along with Beast and Gambit. They also denied that the Sentinels will be in X3, as was reported yesterday at XMenFilms.net.
I can certainly understand why they're resisting the idea of putting Sentinels in here. If they want to keep the serious tone of the previous two films, the Sentinels are just too much of a fantastic leap. The technology required to drive those things would be far beyond what we're capable of now. Cerebro and the "mutant generation" machine from the original movie were more plausible, mainly because:

a) They were "one-shots". Prototype-like tech that is in very limited service. The Sentinels would have to be mass-produced.
b) No one knows what would make something like Cerebro go. A giant robot? Now that a lot of us can pick apart.

Power source, people? Research and development? How about those manufacturing plants that the government somehow never discovers? Balance servos, particle accelerators, sensor arrays? That bipedal form looks cool, but it has a crappy center of gravity and is easily toppled; an arachnoid form would be much more efficient. And where the hell could you STORE AND TRANSPORT a mobile weapons platform that stands about ten stories high?

Man, those things would be more costly than a fleet of B2 bombers, indiscriminate in an urban zone ("Whoops, my humanity-defending machine missed the mutant and punched in the side of a condo. Oh, well. Keep swinging!"), INTELLIGENT :shocked, and would surely be viewed by other nations as WMDs. (And we all know where WMDs get us, don't we? :whistle) Great for the comics, where villians regularly come up with incredible funds from thin air. Not so good in a more realistic movie, where spy satellites are actively used, politics are in force, and budgetary restraints appear to be in play. And can you imagine the clean-up? (I always wondered what Xavier did with the "corpses" of those sentinels that attacked the mansion in Xmen 152. :scratch)

(Mind you, I actually did work with Project Wideawake in my fic, but with one exception, all the suits were relatively small man-amps, and they would never have gotten off the ground without an infusion of alien hypertech. And since Singer hasn't introduced any aliens in his universe yet....)

So! Since Beast is going to be in X3, does anyone want to take bets on how they're going to make him "camera friendly"? Are they going to put him in a blue ape suit? Only have patches of fur in strategic places, sort of making him like Sabretooth? I can't believe they'd spend the $$$ to do him entirely CG: this isn't LOTR, ya know.... :naughty
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil