Shouldn't nightcrawler get his own movie?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Exactly. Nor do they seem that interested in doing any research.
I saw the Wolverine movie with my dad this weekend....and I won't give anything away, but for people who have seen it.....I kept thinking, why can't they get Kurt to do stuff like that? I mean look how they used those characters and their powers.....people were climbing walls and jumpin' off stuff and then they take a character like Kurt that can do that stuff and in the comic they just stick him in the background somewhere.....or stab him. Why?

Hey, wait.....wasn't there a scene in one of the issues of the last Nightcrawler series (the one where he was sick) where a woman had a voodoo doll (of Kurt) and was sticking it in the fire??? They never identified that woman, did they? Maybe that woman has that voodoo doll and is sticking pins in it and that's why Kurt keeps getting stabbed!!!
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Jeremus wrote:Hey, wait.....wasn't there a scene in one of the issues of the last Nightcrawler series (the one where he was sick) where a woman had a voodoo doll (of Kurt) and was sticking it in the fire??? They never identified that woman, did they? Maybe that woman has that voodoo doll and is sticking pins in it and that's why Kurt keeps getting stabbed!!!
Creepy. :shifty

So, Kurt is just stuck in a writers rut. That sucks. What would you guys do with him if you could get Nightcrawler out of the rut?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

OctoberHoliday wrote:
Jeremus wrote:Hey, wait.....wasn't there a scene in one of the issues of the last Nightcrawler series (the one where he was sick) where a woman had a voodoo doll (of Kurt) and was sticking it in the fire??? They never identified that woman, did they? Maybe that woman has that voodoo doll and is sticking pins in it and that's why Kurt keeps getting stabbed!!!
Creepy. :shifty

So, Kurt is just stuck in a writers rut. That sucks. What would you guys do with him if you could get Nightcrawler out of the rut?
1. Retcon the Draco retcon!

2. Reconcile Kurt with his mom, in a nice angsty story which deals with why she lied to him and told him he was the son of a demon.

3. Send him on a fun-filled road trip with Logan.

4. Save Kitty.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

I like it, neling! I like all of that! Especially the road trip bit. That would be too cool, and fun.

Anyone else?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

1) Retcon the Draco Retcon by revealing it as a sham from Mephistopheles to test him. Again.

2) Have Kurt get angry and angsty, search for answers with his mother, gets the apology he was seeking, and then looks to do some damage to Mephisto.

3) Joins Ghost Rider, Magik, Dr. Strange and Deadgirl and makes a brief 'venture into the "paranormal" and seeks Mephisto. Has some dangerous adventures, comes out clean but no Mephisto, just more questions. Turns out his dad is Mags or someone important... maybe. No definite information is made clear.

4) Forget the roadtrip with Logan. He will need a laid back journey, but Logan shouldn't be the only one. He can journey with Logan and/or Hank and/or Pietor. Road trip is fine, but I'd like to see something unrelated to all of them. A trip to South America to stop a malicious mutant genocide in Fake Country. Get them back on their toes and back to their purpose. Logan should accidentally stab Kurt, for a laugh to the fans who have been keeping track of the number of times he's been stabbed. They can have a road trip back.

5) Save Kitty and re-establish the Excaliburs. New members. Let him carry his swords around again so he doesn't get stabbed anymore.

6) Have him fall in love with someone and fight for her. Not sure how, but it'd be nice to throw Mephisto in there.

I like the idea of a paranormal team up. If you're going to stick to the jazz of him being "magical in origin" then do something productive with it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

OctoberHoliday wrote: Creepy. :shifty

Letting Asmus make an attempt at writing Nightcrawler was a definite step back in the right direction!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

1. Kill the Draco retcon
2. Save Kitty
3. Save Pixie (and maybe Meggan while he's down there)
4. Some kind of story arc with his mother
5. Definitely a road trip with Logan
6. Go find Edna from "The Incredibles" and have her make him a nice spandexy Kevlar suit
7. (More practice in the Danger Room with Logan on how to avoid stab wounds in the first place)
8. Make sure that somewhere in one of the story arcs, he mentions that any reference to demon heritage was a big joke.
9. Wouldn't mind some continuation of the soul sword, War to Come, Mephisto arc.....as long as they're clear he's not a demon.

Asmus might be good to write some of this....since he said that Mephisto was lying to Kurt and I don't think he thinks that Kurt is a half demon. Aguirre-Sacasa was good too and started the whole Mephisto/ War to come thing.....and had Kurt holding the soulsword. I'd like to see him finish the arc.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Jeremus wrote:Wouldn't mind some continuation of the soul sword, War to Come, Mephisto
arc.....as long as they're clear he's not a demon.
And not a priest, as well.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I always thought the idea of a kick-butt priest was kind of nifty. But what do I know? I'm Protestant .:)
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I agree, but if you're gong to have him be a kick butt priest, he needs to kick butt... not get stabbed and cry to God all the time like he's Daredevil. Angst doesn't work for this Dreaded Pirate Blue Tail
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

And being a Catholic priest doesn't work well with romancing the damsels.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Then lose the priest bit, I want to see him do some romancing. LoL!
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Ditto! Innocent romance, though, maybe him being charming to some girl in a bar (so long as him and Logan go on a road-trip). :D
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

OctoberHoliday wrote: Creepy. :shifty

1. RETCON THE RETCON!!! KURT IS NOT A DEMON!!!

2. Buddy time with Logan and Piotr. Space adventure to rescue Kitty... who ends up rescuing herself without their help.

3. Make it UNDENIABLY CLEAR that Kurt is not a priest.

4. No more angst. Kurt's a swashbuckler and a lover of life... not a freakin' EMO.

5. Swords come back!!

6. NO MORE PINCUSHIONS!!! Kurt is a TELEPORTER for cryin' out loud! Just BAMF out of the way, idiot!

7. Gets in HUGE fight with Scott and Emma, goes off and forms his own team which goes back to truer ideals, INTEGRATING WITH HUMANITY NOT SITTING ON THEIR BUTTS AND WHINING ABOUT BEING A DYING RACE!!!

8. Let Asmus write a SERIES about Kurt and his new spin-off team... which will include Kitty, Piotr, Logan on occasion and MARA who as a sociology or lib arts or whatever major helps him and the team with PR stuff. Also a few of the remaining Morlocks come to him and begin to INTEGRATE. Maybe one or two join the team.

9. Magical and demonic adventure would be good... SO HE CAN PUNCH OUT MEPHISTO'S LIGHTS AGAIN!!!

10. Mommy shows up, a little bit of angst. He finally forgives her.

whoa... sorry 'bout all this... I get long-winded when I'm riled up.

BRING BACK CLAREMONT NIGHTCRAWLER!!! well... not necessarily Claremont but at least go back to BEFORE angst was 'cool.' That's not MY Nightie.

(Edit)

Just realized we are slightly :offtopic

[Edited on 8/10/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Ya sound pretty dedicated to me, hon. *snicker* Good points, all of them.

Now finish the island story and write all the stuff you suggested. Somewhere in between Real Life demands, of course.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Lol... might write those particular stories at some point. Currently the big story going through my head now is an entire alternate reality. It's the story of pretty much every X-Men character (especially the ones I like)... in this brand new alternate reality. It's a big chunk to bite off... lucky for me I can continue writing it however and whenever I feel like... the stories don't have to go in chronological order either. I might post it sometime.

Problem with writing #2 is I have NO IDEA how Kitty will get herself out of that mess... and I desperately want her to do it herself. She doesn't need no steenkin' men doing it for her.

:LOL Re-reading through Paty's stuff in Cockrum Corner has once more invigorated my incessant rant about the poor female characters in comic books.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.