MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

WARNING: FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO ENTER THE CINEMA INNOCENT OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS TO COME IN THE THIRD AND (PROBABLY) LAST INTALLMENT, I SUGGEST YOU LOOK AWAY NOW.

1) The plot will revolve around the Phoenix saga and Jean Grey will kill herself and Scott to stop the Phoenix.
2) Prof. X will also die, but this time because of the Legacy Virus. :X
3) The last scene of the film will be of Wolverine standing by Scott's grave.
:wolvie
4) Sentinels will not be in this movie, but the writers have penned a script involving background between Juggernaut and Prof. X.
5) Mystique will be appearing as Grace (Rebecca Romijn) because she is going to lose her powers.
6) For all you Wolvie and Storm fans, they will have a more-than-friends relationship.
7) Storm will have a massive role.
8) There will be a love triangle between Rogue, Iceman and Shadowcat. One of the scenes in the movie will be of Iceman and Shadowcat training in a World War Two environment within the Danger Room.
These aren't really spoilers, but what the heck.
9) Storm will have another radical haircut.
10) Wolverine will look different. A beard, perchance???
11) Beast will have a JET BLACK face.

So what do you all think? This film is bound to be tearjerking as well as action. Should we all be reaching for the Kleenex- or popping open a bottle of Champagne? Enjoy. LOL
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

rad_666, I'd like to know the source of this newfound information. I would figure I'd have heard it from more sources as I'm not bothered by spoilers (especially those for X3) but I haven't.

I'm not saying that you're incorrect, I'm just saying that it's board policy not to state rumours as fact unless you know it is and you can back it up.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

Most of it's already been said before...still nothing there to get my arse on a cinema seat...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

I assume my disinterest in X3 has made it so not so much news is directed my way, then, or I'm just not as interested in hearing about it. Ah well; like you say, I'm certainly not going to see it in a theatre.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

Hooded_man my source is comicbookmovie.com. Check it out if you don't believe me!:(
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

Like I said, didn't say I didn't believe you. Just wondering.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Maelstrom »

Well, I suppose it's better than putting in two super whores for added spice. I might... mind you, MIGHT... go to see it for Mr. Grammar; he's an excellent actor, and IMHO the one thing they did right was casting him as as Beast. Jean's death was foretold, inevitable, and core to the story: I have no problem with it. However, also killing off Scott AND the Professor seems way too nihilistic for me. I guess they don't want this franchise possibly going past the 3rd one.

So, lemme get this straight: Spiderman will survive and be loved by the populace (despite what could be seen as "mutant" powers), fight the good fight, and despite all odds, his hard work, hope, and altruism will see him through to the end, proving that good can triumph. The X-men will be hated by the populace because of their mutant powers, fight the good fight, and despite all their hard work, hope, and altruism will die tragically, attacked (and forgotten) by those they serve. Which, by the way, obliquely proves that Magneto was right.

Nice lessons, guys. :thumbup
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

Kelsey Grammar would be perfect for the Beast; I agree. But I'm still seeing it in theatres and I'll avoid further casting comments that'll steer this thread offtopic.
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

An interesting post, Maelstrom. You're totally right. It's not fair that while Spider-man kills people (aka Green Goblin) and gets away with it, never mind the fact that all the public love him, but the X-men saved a whole CITY and still they're ostracised. And it's not like they can help having powers. Peter Parker should be careful where he stands to take a picture.:P
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't like the idea of [spoiler]Xavier[/spoiler] dying (Scott maybe, it would be more dramatic if Jean kills him), though I heard that he'll be coming back (in true comicbook fashion, returning from the dead).. I just hope they didn't kill off Nightcrawler in case there's a fourth movie:bamf
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Maelstrom »

If they get rid of Xavier, I really doubt there will *be* a fourth movie. If there is, it won't resemble anything like the first two, which really focused on the school and its students as much as the X-men themselves. It will have to go in a completely different direction.

As for NC getting "offed", it doesn't even look like he'll be *mentioned* in this one. He'll probably go back to Bavaria or something. (I'm not giving much through to it because the script doesn't seem to be either.)

Looking up again, I just now noticed that Beast is due to have pitch black fur, at least on his face. I *wondered* how they were going to deal with "too many blue characters". Having Beast with black hair actually sounds quite reasonable to me: black is a more common color in fur than blue, wouldn't you say? ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

Good point. There really are too many blue characters, and having Beast with his face black will make a nice contrast to all the other X-men. And you're right, the producers have admitted that Nightcrawler does not even get a mention, and his absence goes totally unexplained. I just wonder if they actually took him back to the mansion, or maybe they left him inside the Oval Office to apologise to the President.:naughty
I seriously doubt if there will be a fourth movie, but if there is I bet the Professor will be brought back to life, like in the comics (correct me if I'm wrong on that one) and there's a huge weird thing that happens and the X-men end up in loads of different countries... or something.
Anyways, the Professor must be really upset that everyone around him has luscious blue/black locks. Perhaps he pines away out of self-pity.:rolleyes
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

I doubt that there'll be a fourth movie just based on the number of people I've talked to (admittedly all Nighty fans...but there's a lot of people here that are only here because of X2's Nighty) who have expressed a complete disinterest in seeing number three...fewer bums on seats equals lower returns means no green-light for number four from studio execs...

Of course, I could be wrong...the non-Nighty X-Fans and general public may love it...though I doubt many X-Fans will...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

I know I shouldn't double post, but there's some major spoilers here...still don't want to see it...

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by HoodedMan »

It looks like a hack-and-slash movie from that, which isn't nearly as good as X2. Like you said, still not going to see it. I'm almost certain there will be no X4. They should have quit while they were ahead.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by prettyminotaur »

X-2 was amazing. This sounds kind of...well...not.

:doh!
Bamf, suckas!
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

Well, without Kurt, it won't be AS GOOD as x2, but it might still be good. The fight between Colosuss and Juggernaut sounds intriguing. It just depends if they manage to get the special effects right and whether all these newbies can actually act...:rolleyes
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by prettyminotaur »

I'm intrigued by the idea of a revolving cast of X-Men, adding new characters as old ones bow out and so forth. I don't like the idea of Storm with Wolvie--and where's our Dark Phoenix arc? That would have been a much smarter direction for the series.

And of course, not having Kurt again breaks my heart. I don't know if I was the only one, but the opening sequence of X-2 made me all misty-eyed the first time I saw it. It was damn near perfect.

:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

You know...I probably would see it if Kurt wasn't in X2...but to give him to us (Woo Hoo!) and then take him away (BASTARDS!)...but then, they're also going with my least favourite 'bad guys'...the sentinals have always been a little bit too anime for me...

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Maelstrom »

I agree that the Sentinels were always a bit too "fantastic". The AID inside of them, the ability to walk around without trouble, the weapons, their flight systems (HOW MUCH fuel should it be taking to lift off with that much mass??); all are just too much to believe. I have an easier time believing in Magneto's "earth destroying device of the year" than I do them. (I still want to know where they get made, how they get stored and transported, what powers them, where the bodies go when the Xmen are done carving them up....) But they are canon. And MAJOR canon at that.

I find it interesting that while the other characters have changed costumes, personalities, and even (*snarl*) backgrounds to update with the times, the sentinels have never changed at all. They're always that purple on red modular monstrosity, they're always intoning "sterilize imperfections" -- oops, I mean "mutant detected" :whistle -- they always fly through their boots and SQUEEAAARK!! when they get axed. Yeah, we've had "Xmen sentinels" in disguise (way back in the 100s), we've had Nimrod, the ultimate sentient sentinel from the future, and a couple times, when we went "dark future", we found a sentinel wearing the "colors" of the hero they killed. But unless we're talking "Earth Variant" timelines, these suckers just don't change. Goofy as they are, these things are as part of the Xmen universe as much as Dr. Doom is for the FF and Lex Luthor is for Superman.

Apparently, since the sentinels and the 'hood are involved, we're looking at a 3-way war again. So who is it with the major $$ this time with a hard on against mutants? While I like the idea of Trask (either Harold or Bolivar) getting involved, I'm very concerned for the plot. This is looking like a case of overload. Introducting the sentinels, their master, ten or fifteen new mutants, having lots of fights on the grounds... will there be anything but fighting? Because it looks like there's no room for anything else. Character development is going to be as shallow as a kiddie pool from Wal-Mart.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by prettyminotaur »

Has anyone else noticed that the Ultimate X-Men-verse seems to parallel the movies/vice versa?
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
Has anyone else noticed that the Ultimate X-Men-verse seems to parallel the movies/vice versa?
But Kurt's in the Ultimate X-Men universe...and Beast is dead...let's see what it's like when Brian Singer takes over the writing chores...we might see what X3 should have REALLY been like.

And I have to admit...X-Men: Evolution handled the sentinel rather well...it’s been the only place I thought they were cool at all…there was only one (which I put down to the expense of the thing…though some more showed up in the series finale)...it detected mutants but didn't go all 'Borg and adapt to their powers...it was loaded with missiles, guns, lasers and the like, it didn’t just shoot beams from its hands)…it didn’t walk all that well (it fell into a building)…it flew even worse (and crashed)…and it actually had a kinda cool design…I was kinda glad the series ended before it could do the storyline that (I feel) has been done to death…PHOENIX (I actually groaned in disgust when I saw that silhouette at the end of X2)!

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by prettyminotaur »

I'm just now getting into Evolution. Like, literally just started watching it last night. It's pretty good. Kurt's adorable!

Singer taking over writing chores for Ultimate? Huh what huh?! Explain more, please...I'm intrigued... :eek
Bamf, suckas!
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by rad_666 »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I agree that the Sentinels were always a bit too "fantastic". The AID inside of them, the ability to walk around without trouble, the weapons, their flight systems (HOW MUCH fuel should it be taking to lift off with that much mass??); all are just too much to believe. I have an easier time believing in Magneto's "earth destroying device of the year" than I do them. (I still want to know where they get made, how they get stored and transported, what powers them, where the bodies go when the Xmen are done carving them up....) But they are canon. And MAJOR canon at that.

I find it interesting that while the other characters have changed costumes, personalities, and even (*snarl*) backgrounds to update with the times, the sentinels have never changed at all. They're always that purple on red modular monstrosity, they're always intoning "sterilize imperfections" -- oops, I mean "mutant detected" :whistle -- they always fly through their boots and SQUEEAAARK!! when they get axed. Introducting the sentinels, their master, ten or fifteen new mutants, having lots of fights on the grounds... will there be anything but fighting? Because it looks like there's no room for anything else. Character development is going to be as shallow as a kiddie pool from Wal-Mart.
Firstly, Sentinels-whoa! Marvel sad there were going to be Sentinels, and then there weren't, and now they surely are!
I think they should have stuck with their second choice and de-robotised the whole thing. I mean, with Magneto's "Earth-destroying device of the year" and then Dark Cerebro in X2, the whole idea of mechanics is getting a teeny bit boring. The Legacy Virus (which they might still be doing- I'm not sure so don't quote me) should be the central storyline. Although some people- and no offense if you are one of them- may find some colour-clashing, aerodynamically unsound piece of machinery exciting, here is one X-men fan who does not.
Secondly, I speak out of experience here when alot of unfortunate viewers are going to watch the film and say 'what the hell is going on here?' when a Russian Doc Oc comes out of nowhere and starts chasing Wolverine for no apparent reason. Unless the new character's storylines are detailed and we're introduced to the idea that the Brotherhood has more than it's current three members (which they probably WON'T have time to do considering the amount of materail they're trying to cram in here) the majority of audiences are going to leave knowing less than before.:yuck
Ps Maelstrom I'm sorry I had to edit some of your very good post it was too long to quote! :LOL
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
We'll meet again

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

MASSIVE X3 SPOILERS!!!

Post by Nandireya »

I'm just now getting into Evolution. Like, literally just started watching it last night. It's pretty good. Kurt's adorable!
Yes...yes he is...bit of a wuss though...
Singer taking over writing chores for Ultimate? Huh what huh?! Explain more, please...I'm intrigued... :eek
Singer and his X-Men co-writers were signed for (I think) a year long stint on Ultimate X-Men before he went off to direct the new Superman movie...begins early in the new year...he's promised to explore some ideas he had for X2 that he couldn't use due to Fox wanting to keep the rating/expense down...guess we can expect lots of sex and violence and massive set pieces...though I hope that doesn't mean he'll explore the Kurt/Ororo flirting (much stronger in the book adaptation)...Ultimate Kurt's only 14!