Movie 'Crawler Update

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

well you'll likely remember Alan's character if i just remind you of one of his lines: "I am INVINCIBLE!!!" he was that Russian computer hacker, Boris :p
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Jeez...I go away for a couple of days and look what happens...this topic's doubled in size! :shocked:
Originally posted by Rex Luscus
Well, he certainly likes to broadcast his bum... :naughty:

-Rex
Actually...if his not so recent interview on Conan is anything to go by...he doesn't. He said he found it difficult to go onstage (in Elle) everynight...stressing that it was in the script...and that people had been accusing him of "flashing his bum for no reason..."

And with his complaining about the make-up...well...in his shoes (hooves?) I'd probably be a bit vocal about it too!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kurtlover »

Now i remember! that's right!! lol
thanks i forgot, i saw Goldeneye long time ago!
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Rex Luscus »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Actually...if his not so recent interview on Conan is anything to go by...he doesn't. He said he found it difficult to go onstage (in Elle) everynight...stressing that it was in the script...and that people had been accusing him of "flashing his bum for no reason..."
No, he's totally right -- as funny as it may sound, the bare ass bit is intrinsic to the play's point. It's a stroke of genius, really. :)

I was just referring to the fact that he's developing a pattern of baring his ass for roles. You get a pretty good view of it in "Titus". There's an interview on his website about how he wished he'd shaved it before doing that scene... :laugh:

And of course, in "Cabaret" he had rouge on his nipples and women grabbing his testicles on stage every night. The guy doesn't shy away from this type of, um, flagrant exposure. :D

And I appreciate that!

-Rex
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

I doubt we'll be seeing any bare elf butt though...the tail'd have to be grafted to his spine to make it look good...and the way Alan's been complaining...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

As I understand it, animatronics are heavy...so if it is a belt-type thingy...the weight is going to go on his tail-bone and his lower back will feel it too. Forget the pull on his belly...it woill be his back that will complain. I actually feel sorry for him there. Hot baths and stretches would be essential....
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

That could possibly work and I heard him mention that the make up takes him, what? 12 hours or something? When does the guy sleep? He deserves a break, after all of that. Now he knows what it feels like to have a tail, for sure!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...I totally feel for Alan right now...

I don't even like wearing normal make-up...I can't imagine what it must be like to have to work for 12 hours wrapped in rubber with 3 and a half feet of metal, wires and fur hanging from my waist...

And then there's the contacts...

How he suffers for his art...

Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Poor begger...we should send him a 'I-hope-you-recover-soon" type card...heehee.....
Panz

Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

What a great idea! We can all sign it and send it to him! But, how?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Pandora
Poor begger...we should send him a 'I-hope-you-recover-soon" type card...heehee.....
You know...I've been thinking about sending an e-mail to him (there's a link at his site...I don't think it goes to him as such...but to his webmaster)...on behalf of all us 'Scrawlers, telling him how much we appreciate and sympathise and so on...

KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by KF »

And how many of us LA-based Scrawlers will jump him/molest him at the premere? (I'm kidding... I think)

I acctually think that'd be a great idea. Show him he's already got a fanbase in the rabid Nighty fan community. =D

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...I was gonna say something along the lines that we're not as rabid or numerous as the Wolvie fans...but we're just as dedicated...if not more so...

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kurtlover »

maybe we should send him all of us an email to show him the famous Crawlers amability! i think he's a great actor, he is really versatile and interesting :)
sir_bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by sir_bamfsalot »

I know I'm a bit behind on this post, so please forgive me.... but since they are using Alan based on his acting ability, Do you think we will get to see some sort of references to the "dynamic duo" (to steal some OTHER heroes' tag) of Wolverine and Nightcrawler? Kinda like back in the early UNCANNY X-MEN days (later reprinted in CLASSIC X-MEN)?

Maybe reminiscent of those good old days when they played off each other so well..... Perhaps Hugh and Alan could pull it off..... yeah, that would be great!

I can't wait..... The one line I really want Nighty to drop is "Eat your heart out, Spider-Man, anything you can climb, I can climb better!" hehe :p

We should definitely send some sort of appreciation to Alan, to show we care, lol! After all, Nighty's finally making it to the big-screen!!!!!! Definitely let me know if anything gets put together
Everyone has their own page rambling about how crappy their life is... I jumped on the bandwagon...
What I really wanted to say is, that you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. And I would take you anywhere to eat as long as you payed for half....
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Originally posted by Rex Luscus
Alan Cumming has exactly the right kind of face for Kurt.
That's one of the first things I thought about when I heard he was cast to play Nighty.:)
Originally posted by Hsu
Oh God. He was that alien in Flinstones Viva Rock Vegas huh? Poor Alan.

I rented Emma a few days ago. He plays Sir Elton. The funny part is, after his part was done I stopped watching it. But then I went back and finished it cuz it's REALLY good.
It is really good! Personally, It's the only Paltrow film I enjoy actually.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by sir_bamfsalot
I know I'm a bit behind on this post, so please forgive me.... but since they are using Alan based on his acting ability, Do you think we will get to see some sort of references to the "dynamic duo" (to steal some OTHER heroes' tag) of Wolverine and Nightcrawler? Kinda like back in the early UNCANNY X-MEN days (later reprinted in CLASSIC X-MEN)?

Maybe reminiscent of those good old days when they played off each other so well..... Perhaps Hugh and Alan could pull it off..... yeah, that would be great!

I can't wait..... The one line I really want Nighty to drop is "Eat your heart out, Spider-Man, anything you can climb, I can climb better!" hehe :p

We should definitely send some sort of appreciation to Alan, to show we care, lol! After all, Nighty's finally making it to the big-screen!!!!!! Definitely let me know if anything gets put together
Welcome here and nice to meet you!
and that would be great, let's see what happen, i mean Wolvie and Kurt maybe become great friends.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by little Blue Lucy
Have you seen Sliding Doors? That's really good too.

I would love to send him something. It's a bummer that we don't live near one another because then we could snail mail him one of those GIANT greeting cards and have all of us sign it! :D
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

That's a really funny quote. Heh heh. "Eat you're heart out, Spider Man, anything you can climb, I can climb better." *Burts out laughing from the quote* Man, do I love Nighty's sense of humor.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Hsu
Originally posted by little Blue Lucy
Have you seen Sliding Doors? That's really good too.

I would love to send him something. It's a bummer that we don't live near one another because then we could snail mail him one of those GIANT greeting cards and have all of us sign it! :D
how about something like jogurt's 'card' for Dave, then? make a guestbook here i draw a pic for it and we all post a little message
sir_bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by sir_bamfsalot »

Tabitha, it's one of my favorite Nightcrawler quotes.... comes from the Dark Phoenix Saga.... although I can't remember which issue right now... all my comics are several hundred miles away (I'm at college) so I can't look it up.... I think it's Uncanny X-Men #137... but anyway what I do remember is that they had been abducted by Princess Lilandra and the Shi'ar, and the Prof. had issued a challenge, and Nighty was training in what looked like the Shi'ar version of the Danger Room.... with a twist!!! (I won't spoil it for ya if you haven't read it)
Everyone has their own page rambling about how crappy their life is... I jumped on the bandwagon...
What I really wanted to say is, that you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. And I would take you anywhere to eat as long as you payed for half....
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Tabitha »

I better start collectiong the comics, LOL.

Anyways, back to the topic. Alan as Nighty is gonna rock the big screen for sure! The sequal is gonna grouse out the box office, for sure! Look what happened to Spiderman the movie. It became popular overnight. Toby McGwire really surprised us as Spidey.

As for Alan Cummings, he's gonna surprise us as Nightcrawler. But, poor Alan has to suffer for his work! Fake muscles (made out of rubber, of course), an animatronic tail attatched to him, blue make up, yellow contacts, pierced pointy ears, yeowched!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Nandireya »

Dunno if they're using fake muscles...he was going to a personal trainer for months before shooting to get into shape...and Kurt's never been the big bruiser Wolvie and Cyc are...and Hugh and James aren't exactly beefy...they need a slighter framed Kurt to balance 'em out...

Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Bamfette
how about something like jogurt's 'card' for Dave, then? make a guestbook here i draw a pic for it and we all post a little message
Great idea! A giant virtual greeting card! That'd be fantastic!
I wonder if he remembers meeting me over 2 years ago.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Movie 'Crawler Update

Post by Panz »

Lets go with that virtual card thingy....This sounds fun!

Panz
Panz