who/what is this Azazel guy, anyway?

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I'm just now getting into the comics...so, my biggest question is, which of Kurt's "new" siblings have made an appearance before The Draco? Kiwi Black is completely new to me.

Happy St. Patty's! :beer
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Kiwi Black is a brand new character, Abyss is an old character, though. played many kinda bit parts in the 'main' universe, but was a major bad guy in the AoA crossover. (but he's a good guy in regular timeline)
Psylocke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Psylocke »

Well, that's some good stuff to know. I never knew who Kurt's father was. All I knew was that he was a "German Aristocrat" that's what the book said.
Fuzzy_Elf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzy_Elf »

Wow this really was interesting, cleared up a lot for me!! ^_^
Originally posted by Gaz
Originally posted by Siona
WHOA. Is it possible to find pics of this dude?
Here ya go, Siona!!! I took 'em just for you :D

With 'normal human' disguise: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/3 ... CN0572.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/3 ... CN0577.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/3 ... CN0581.JPG

Sorry the last two are dark, I had to take the pics with a camera and the flash was too bright.

I have one more question and then I'm done: What was he using for his disquise? Paint? Some kind of hologram? I know it doesn't say, but what would be your best bet?
Hey...is there any way I can see this pics? Cuz they don't work for me...:(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We're leaving here tonight
There's no need to tell anyone
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
We'd be halfway to anywhere
Where love is more than just your name

:: Evanescence - Anywhere ::

:: Current avatar made by Esgalordwen ::

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Keep waiting for "Star Wars" spoof.

"Margai never told you what happened to your father, did she?"

"She said you killed him."

"No,Kurt, I am your father!"(pulls off mask)

"I can see the resmblence.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Actually, Kurt does the "nooooo" when he figures out who Azzy's claiming to be.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

"There's another 5 years of therapy."

and of course when T.J. was a young teenager. "You think YOU have Parental problems.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Being old school X-Men, and a collector of X-Men comics from Master Cockrum's days, I really did not enjoy the concept of Azazel...and maybe it was because of the chaotic nature of the artwork that accompanied a very chaotic story. The first issue in the six parter...the prologue with Mystique in Germany #429...the art was beautiful!! When the art flows the story goes! I really didn't need or want tie-ins to demonic origins, I guess. I have always accepted Kurt at face value, and the depth behind the character as he displayed his true personality beneath the exterior. Azazel sullies him in a way...or at least (Austen, was it?) the author's writing, and attempt to explain away Kurt's appearance left much to be desired.

True confessions...Marvel went through a period when the art was just HORRID for the X-Men, and other books! I am a John Byrne afficianado! And Dave? The Dark Bamf?? :worship I ditched the title for a while, then after the movie was released, I got curious, and started to pick up a few issues again! The latest one I have, where they are voting Mystique into the team...sigh! I am content with the quality of art!! It's about dad-blamed time!! :mad

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't think it was explained sufficiently, but there's nothing literally demonic about the Azzy character. It's only said that he's an exceptionally long-lived mutant. Which we can assume means that he isn't a demon, but perhaps only thinks he is, or whatever. I must admit, I was saying along with Kurt "Ich fasse es nicht," for a while.
It might also have been Austen's attempt to write off all "real" mystical activity in the Marvel universe as mutant mischief.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Originally posted by Angelique
I don't think it was explained sufficiently, but there's nothing literally demonic about the Azzy character. It's only said that he's an exceptionally long-lived mutant. Which we can assume means that he isn't a demon, but perhaps only thinks he is, or whatever. I must admit, I was saying along with Kurt "Ich fasse es nicht," for a while.
It might also have been Austen's attempt to write off all "real" mystical activity in the Marvel universe as mutant mischief.
I concur! I would, I guess like to imagine that Wolverine, with those keen animal senses of his, has Kurt's origins down pat on an instinctual level...that Kurt is an elf! My brother, who lives in Florida, would site a race of elf in Dungeons and Dragons lore that was dark skinned as being something akin to Nightcrawler. Why can't there be mystical activity in the Marvel universe? What is Doctor Strange there for? And if anyone is familiar with Professor Xavier's origins, I do believe he was in Nepal (Tibet??) and training there? I will check on my facts, but I do know that a lot of Marvel's older characters have a basis in the interest in Eastern mysticism that influenced comicdom in the 40's and 50's. The Shadow for instance, Doctor Strange, et cetera.

Maybe someone should explore that avenue, and chalk up Azazel to being a demented demoniac who was playing with Kurt's mind.

NIGHTCRAWLER FOREVER! :engarde

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by StarChild
I concur! I would, I guess like to imagine that Wolverine, with those keen animal senses of his, has Kurt's origins down pat on an instinctual level...that Kurt is an elf! My brother, who lives in Florida, would site a race of elf in Dungeons and Dragons lore that was dark skinned as being something akin to Nightcrawler. Why can't there be mystical activity in the Marvel universe?
It has kinda been played with…

In Excalibur annual #1 (1993) the team met up with Khaos, an alternate reality version of Kurt who was a dark elf…and in the Wizard published X-Men 1/2 , Kurt was a member of a clan of warrior elves…

It might be interesting...but it's been well established that Kurt is in fact a mutant...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D