How is Nightcrawler in the comics different from in the movi

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Although the character, Nightcrawler, was adapted very closely from the original, comic book character several differences were made to make the character easier to portray on screen and to fit into the movie's storyline.

Appearance
Nightcrawler in the comics looks very much the same as he did in the movie.
The most notable difference would be his skin. The comic book Nightcrawler does not have ritualistic scars, instead he is covered with a fine, blue fur that has earned him the nickname "Fuzzy Elf."
Also his eyes are completely yellow with no visible whites or pupils.
His teeth are more human looking than in the movie, but he does have pronounced, fang-like canine teeth.
His tail is smoother with no ridges, and only a flat, triangular spade at the end.

Origin
The story of how Nightcrawler came to join the X-Men was changed from the original to fit the movie. Originally, Nightcrawler joined the X-Men at the same time as Storm and Wolverine. He was recruited by Charles Xavier who used his mental powers to stop an angry mob from killing him. He has fought as one of the X-Men for many years, and even for a time lead a separate team, Excalibur, a European version of the X-Men.

Note: This is for the benefit of people who have seen the movie(s) but are not at all familiar with the comic.
Code_BAMF
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Code_BAMF »

Thank you for the clarification. :D I've read a couple of X-Men comics, though they were scattered from different series, and thusly, portrayed different Nightcrawlers. I think they did a good job with him in the movie, however, and I'm definitely glad they gave Mystique back her badgirl attitude. Though, I *do* miss the fuzz ... c'est la vie. Again, thanks for the clarification! Now I can listen to my friends gripe about the producers tweeking the X-Men and actually understand what they mean!

As an avid fan of art and litterature it makes me wonder why so many strive to obtain both when they can simply buy a comic book. :read
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

*Mops up drool from face* Mmm scuze me. anyway, I kind of like the Nightcrawler from the comics and the movie. Of course, I am biased since the sexilicious Alan Cumming plays him:D Still, it would have been nice if he could have whipped out his swords and kicked some butt that way. Still, I think the third movie will have him acting a bit more like the comic version of him.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Destiny »

Alan Cumming rocks
nightcrawler rocks
good combo :love:lick:naughty

gotta go :bamf
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

mmm everyone loves alan Cumming! I can't wait for tomorrow when the DVD comes out! mmmm Alan and Nightcrawler together....*drools*
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

yay! Alan Cumming is cool! And Scotish! i like his scotish accent, have any of you ever heard it?
:D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

YES! It went well with the German actually...

Destiny
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Destiny »

i know this has notin to do wit this but i hurd that the rest of the x-men movie cast signed for the next movie
yet allen cumming says that he signed for the next one
"Who ever said nothings imposible never tried to slam a revolving door!!
Dumbass"
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Alan Cumming rules! :love He's #3 on my list of best actors of all time! #s 1 and 2 are Errol Flynn *sigh* and Sir Ian McKellen(aka Gandalf/Magneto). :)
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
eminem
Lubber
Lubber

Post by eminem »

the movie nightcrawler was pretty sweet though he needs to lose weight
you are born then you die fuck the world let's get high
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Needs to lose weight? I don't think so... He seems rather fit to me. Maybe it's the bulky clothes making him look a bit chubby to you?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I love Alan Cumming Very much, but you also got to understand that that dude is actually very skinny, it was the angle of the camera, his posture and the clothing that made it look like he was a little chubby, and as I remember, there was somtin on his site about him being "the scrawny guy" but still being a sex idol.:lick
one name: Bruce Campbell
-_-_Nightcrawler_-_-
Lubber
Lubber

Post by -_-_Nightcrawler_-_- »

:love

Gotta love that blue guy...Although I thought the german accent was kinda cute tho...:love:love:love
Plus, there are a few other things I like about the "fuzzy elf" that I like that I am not going to go into detail about.....hehehe

"...hey, just because they call me a 'fuzzy elf' doesn't mean I have to wear this!!..."

-Uncanny x-men:p
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Either way the blue guy is the best no matter what form.
one name: Bruce Campbell
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

OH MY GOSH!!!!

This is so great! I've finally found people that know who the great Alan Cumming is! None of my friends know! I LOVED him as Nightcrawler! Ohhh, this is just too cool! Thank goodness I joined this place.

Alan Cumming is my second favorite actor, after the very versitile and beautiful Johnny Depp.

Has anyone here seen the 1998 revival of "Cabaret", staring Alan Cumming as the Emcee?

(Sorry, that's a bit off-topic. Don't answer if you don't want to)
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie