Who are all these other Nightcrawlers?

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

The Marvel Universe seems to be littered with various versions of their main characters...and Nightcrawler is no exception...

Bamf

Name: Not applicable
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men # 145 (as doll), Uncanny X-Men #153 (as fairy tale character), Nightcrawler Vol.1 #2 (as other-reatlity race)

To entertain Colossus’ little sister, Illyana, the X-Men youngest member, Kitty Pryde, wove a magical tale of high adventure in which transmuted versions of her fellow X-Men were the stars.

Kurt became the loveable, if somewhat hyperactive, Bamf. A small, almost smurf-like creature, Bamf has excessively overactive hormones and can’t resist a pretty face. As Kurt and Logan listened in, Kurt commented that he was not at all impressed by Kitty’s interpretation of him. Logan however thought Kitty had hit the nail rather firmly on the head.

Kurt later had an adventure through different realities when he was pulled into the "well at the center of time." One of the places he visited was a world where Kitty's fairy tale is reality. Here, he encountered an entire race of Bamf creatures.

Current Status: Unknown

Image “Come to Bamf’s lovin’ arms, babycakes!”

Girl Bamf
First Appearance: Nightcrawler Limited Series #1 ~ Issue #4

The female counterparts to the Bamfs, who refer to them simply as ‘the girls’. They are just as amorous as the males, though they have a tendency to hide from them due to their overenthusiastic romantic intentions. As Kurt’s Bamf companion said: “How’d you think there got to be so many of us?”. They are larger in size and far more human looking than the cartoonish Bamfs. But whereas the Bamfs see Nightcrawler as something of a father figure, so much so they refer to him as ‘Daddy’, the girls consider him their greatest potential conquest. Kurt is unresponsive to their advances however, due to the fact that they look like they could be his younger sister.

Image “How ‘bout a kiss, tall dark and bamfsome?”

Boogie
First Appearance: Nightcrawler Limited Series #1 ~ Issue #2

When Nightcrawler was accidentally sucked into the Well at the Centre of Time he was immediately believed to be a boogie by the beings he encountered at the other end. On meeting the creatures he could certainly see why. Apart from the bat-liked webbed wings the resemblance was rather frightening. Though not essentially evil, they are not particularity nice creatures, caring little for nothing but themselves…and maybe the attention of a pretty lady…

Image “Boggie nest raised no dummies, it didn’t…”

Dark Bamf
First Appearance: Nightcrawler Limited Series #1 ~ Issue #3

The entire Bamf population, bar one, fused into a single, giant entity by the magic of Shagreen…a shark-like creature intent on learning the secrets of teleportation. Dark Bamf was big, mean, but not very bright. On Shagreen’s defeat at the hands of Nightcrawler, the spell was broken and the Bamfs were freed, much to the chagrin of the Bamfettes, who once again had to fight off their enthusiastic advances.

Current Status: Returned to original Bamfs

Image “Surrender now and I shall be merciful, puny ones.”

Limbo Nightcrawler
Name: Kurt Wagner
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #160

When the X-Men wound up in the otherworldly dimension of Limbo they discovered that they had somehow been there before. In fact…some of them were still there. The normal laws that govern the universe have no effect in Limbo, so visitors can be both young and old, alive and dead, good and evil, all at the same time, depending on choices made and paths taken.

Limbo’s Kurt was one of only three surviving X-Men that had been dwelling in the shadowy realm for sometime after their battle with Limbo’s lord and master, Belasco, went terribly wrong. Almost dead, Belasco saved his life, reshaping him, body and soul, into the perfect servant.

Not essential evil, he was a twisted, perverted version of the original and sought only to free himself from slavery, using any means available. He died at the hands of the Limbo version of Kitty only to return some time later to assist his more honourable self when Belasco sought the Soul Sword.

Current Status: Presumed deceased

Image “…you were glad to see me. I was merely giving you an opportunity to prove it.”

Lightening Squad Nightcrawler
First Appearance: Excalibur #9

Born into a world where Germany won the Second World War, this Kurt Wagner has grown up under the beliefs of the Third Reich, so therefore is, quite literally, a totally Nazi. Though not actually evil, he can be perceived as such due to the usually reaction to the fascist belief system he was raised under.

Frighteningly similar to the original, he also has a flamboyant, swashbuckling nature, but whereas the original is a harmless flirt, this version is a borderline rapist, and certainly not the type to take ‘no’ for an answer.

Current Status: Active member of Lightening Squad

Image “Is that any way to welcome one who is about to transport you to untold heights of ecstasy?”

Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler
Name: Kurt Darkhölme
First Appearance: X-Men Alpha

When Charles Xavier’s son, Legion, attempted to right the world’s wrongs by travelling to the past and destroying Magneto, he accidentally killed his father instead. His actions caused a ripple effect that altered reality. Without Xavier’s ideals to appose him, the evil mutant Apocalypse came to power.

The X-Men still existed in this reality however. Led by Magneto, they were all much darker heroes than the originals. In this world, Nightcrawler was raised by his mother, Raven Darkhölme, and though still a force for good, lacked the carefree sprit of the original. He even used his ability to teleport in a way the original probably never considered, by taking hold of an enemy and teleporting part of them with him, he could seriously injure of even kill them.

Current Status: Presumably deceased

Image “Welcome to the real world. Start coping with it, the way us poor slobs stuck in the real world have to.”

Michael Darkhölme
First Appearance: What if…? #98

What if Raven Darkhölme hadn’t abandoned her newborn son? What if she’d become an overly protective mother to her little blue-furred boy?

Michael Darkhölme is much like Kurt Wagner…he’s sweet and caring, an athletic, sword wielding movie-loving youngster. He’s more artistic (he paints) and no where near as outgoing or flamboyant…but then who would be if their mother kept them locked in the attic?

He lacks Kurt’s confidence, and isn’t at all comfortable with his unique appearance, something that Kurt all but relishes. Too timid to stand up to his mother, it isn’t until Rogue enters his life that he makes the attempt to take a step into the outside world. Unfortunately for him, his first step proved to be his last, as his mother’s Brotherhood of Mutants mistook him for an agent of Charles Xavier and attacked him with everything they had…

Current Status: Deceased

Image “Don’t let her turn you into one of them…be free.”

Nightcreeper
Name: Kurt “Jack” Ryder
First Appearance: Marvel Comics vs. DC #3

What happens when universes collide?

A combination of Marvel’s Nightcrawler and DC’s the Creeper, Nightcreeper physically resembles Nightcrawler, except for the green colouring, but his personality is a far cry for the charismatic charmer. Nightcreeper is an egotistically, self-serving pain in the butt, and not particularly beloved by his teammates, his heroic efforts seem more an opportunity to show off than the wish to actually help people…

Current Status: Active member JLX

Image “Hurry Nightcreeper…you’re the most expendable! When this is done, I’ve gotta have a long talk with my agent.”

Creepycrawler
First Appearance: Pint Sized X-Babies #1

Genetically created by Mojo to star in one of his insane TV programs, Creepycrawler was made in the image of Nightcrawler, though a fraction of his age. The exploits of the ‘other worldly’ X-Men were a ratings juggernaut for Mojo, so when his access to the real deal fell through, he decided to make his own much younger, and he assumed, more easily controllable versions. Creepycrawler and all the X-Babies, look and act like toddlers, but still possess the heroic natures of their full-grown counterparts. Because of this, they rebelled against their master and now do everything in their power to thwart his evil schemes…

Creepycrawler is much like the pre-priest Kurt…a fun-loving adventurous spirit with a tendency to get into trouble, and the ability to get out of it again…

Current Status: Active member of X-Babies

Image “Humour is completely lost on you. I toss them…roll them…and still my jokes go *zeow* over your head.”

X-Men: Evolution Nightcrawler
First Appearance: Strategy X (X-Men: Evolution ~ Episode 1)

A much younger and less confident version of Kurt than the one recruited by Charles Xavier in Giant Size X-Men #1, this Kurt has yet to come to terms with his unusual appearance and relies heavily on the image inducer presented to him on his arrival to ‘fit in’, even amongst other mutants. This has allowed him to overcome his understandable shyness, allowing his plucky, flirtatious personality to emerge. Despite his appearance, he has entered into a romantic relationship with a fellow classmate, the very human Amanda Sefton, who has stood by him through the revelation of mutants to the world, even against her parents wishes…

Like his comicbook counterpart he had no idea of his true parentage, he was adopted by the couple who fished him out of a river. He would discover that his birth mother was one of the X-Men’s greatest foes, Mystique, though she seems to care a great deal more for her blue-furred boy than the comic’s version, but like the comics, the two are yet to deal with this particular relationship. He does, however, seem more than willing to form a bond with his recently revealed adopted sister, Rogue.

Current Status: Active member X-Men, Bayville High student

Image “Man…that homey’s lingo is so whack!”

Ultimate Nightcrawler
First Appearance: Ultimate X-Men #7

Abducted from his Bavarian home by the Weapon X program, young Kurt Wagner was transformed into a brimstone-breathed biological weapon of mass destruction. Quite possibly the most uncontrollable of the program’s subjects since Wolverine, he too managed to escape the compound, killing several guards in his bid for freedom. Unfortunately, he was recaptured, and severely punished (the soles of his feet were burnt until he could no longer feel pain) as an example to the other mutant residents should they think to escape. Though he survived this ordeal, he was hardly in the best of shape, physically, mentally or emotionally.

When the X-Men were targeted and captured to increase the ranks of Weapon X, Jean Gray befriended the unusual looking Nightcrawler, and managed to get around the language barrier (this version doesn’t speak a word of English), and returned to him something he’d lost long ago…hope.

After several missions with his newfound friends, the X-Men’s rivals, Magneto’s Brotherhood of Mutants, affected a jailbreak, the Weapon X program was soon decimated by its former operatives. Kurt then surprised all concerned by siding with neither team, opting instead to return home…

But when the X-Men became wanted fugitives, Kurt was hunted down by SHEILD so they could learn any information he possessed on his short-term team-mates. He was imprisoned at a SHEILD facility, Camp X-Factor, along with many other mutants including the X-Men’s founder, Professor Charles Xavier…

When Magneto’s brotherhood attacked the facility and freed the captive mutants, Nightcrawler joined Xavier in the effort to stop Magneto and his scheme to eradicate nearly all non-mutant life on earth. On Magneto’s defeat, Nightcrawler and fellow Weapon X survivor returned to Westchester with the X-Men to enrol in Xavier’s school for gifted children…

Current Status: Student, Xavier's School for Gifted Children

Image “Hier drinnen wurden bereits genug leben ruiniert. Ich werde nicht zulassen, das John Wraith dich auch noch zum killer mach.”

Mutant X Nightcrawler

First Appearance: Mutant X #1

Current Status: Deceased

Movie Nightcrawler

First Appearance: X2: X-Men United

A highly religious circus performer, Kurt was abducted by William Stryker to further his anti-mutant agenda. Through mind control, Kurt was set the task of infiltrating the White House to assassinate the President. Though he failed, he was now a wanted man, and so he went to ground in an abandoned church in the city of Boston. It was here that he was found by X-Men Storm and Jean Grey. He went with the two ladies and soon found himself in an all out battle against the self same man who had abducted him in the first place.

With the X-Men he helped defeat William Stryker and stop his plans of mutant genocide. He returned to Westchester with the X-Men, his future uncertain…

Current Status: Residing with the X-Men

Image “Most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes…”
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

The seperate threads for Evo and Movie stuff are both gone...so I've added their profiles here...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

This looks nice.
And um...hate to go off topic but did you get my E-mail Nandi? O.o
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Yes...and I answered it...

Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Nightcreeper's first appearance was in Marvel Comics vs. DC #3.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
se la mamo a kurt
Lubber
Lubber

Post by se la mamo a kurt »

my favorite still being evo kurt. he is sooooo cute.
I HATE AMANDA SEFTON!!!!!
KURT IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Nemesis
Nightcreeper's first appearance was in Marvel Comics vs. DC #3.
Thanks, dude :D

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Abducted from his Bavarian home by the Weapon X program, young Kurt Wagner was transformed into a brimstone-breathed biological weapon of mass destruction. Quite possibly the most uncontrollable of the program’s subjects since Wolverine, he too managed to escape the compound, killing several guards in his bid for freedom. Unfortunately, he was recaptured, and severely punished (the soles of his feet were burnt until he could no longer feel pain) as an example to the other mutant residents should they think to escape. Though he survived this ordeal, he was hardly in the best of shape, physically, mentally or emotionally.

When the X-Men were targeted and captured to increase the ranks of Weapon X, Jean Gray befriended the unusual looking Nightcrawler, and managed to get around the language barrier (this version doesn’t speak a word of English), and returned to him something he’d lost long ago…hope.

After several missions with his newfound friends, the X-Men’s rivals, Magneto’s Brotherhood of Mutants, affected a jailbreak, the Weapon X program was soon decimated by its former operatives. Kurt then surprised all concerned by siding with neither team, opting instead to return home…

But when the X-Men became wanted fugitives, Kurt was hunted down by SHEILD so they could learn any information he possessed on his short-term team-mates. He was imprisoned at a SHEILD facility, Camp X-Factor, along with many other mutants including the X-Men’s founder, Professor Charles Xavier…

When Magneto’s brotherhood attacked the facility and freed the captive mutants, Nightcrawler joined Xavier in the effort to stop Magneto and his scheme to eradicate nearly all non-mutant life on earth. On Magneto’s defeat, Nightcrawler and fellow Weapon X survivor returned to Westchester with the X-Men to enrol in Xavier’s school for gifted children…

Current Status: Student, Xavier's School for Gifted Children
So he FINALLY joined up with Xavier? Good! Now I have a reason to blow my money on buying it! :D

What issues' does he appear in, btw?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

He's in the Weapon X arc (issues 7 - 12) and returns in the Return of the King arc (27 - 33), though he's only a bit player in both. He return to the mansion afterwards...but we have to sit through six months of Wolverine and Spider-Man until we find out if he's actually a student or an X-Man...or if he just pulled a Cartman again...

nightcrawler_mine17
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nightcrawler_mine17 »

no, se la mamo a kurt, HES MINE BACK OFFbut anyways the X-men movie and the Evo. are my FAV!!!!!!!
:love ILOVE KURT
Kurt is mine. Back off. ::hisses::
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

HEY! what about Exiles' Nightcrawlers?

There's TJ's father (who married Wanda, etc.) and the one from the alternate reality where the Exiles fought the Dark Phoenix!

There's also Mangaverse Nightcrawler (There are two: one on the one-shot, who was killed by Wolvie, and another one on X-Men: Ronin, who later joins the X-Men)

There's also the one on Icons: Rogue, since that story apparently happens in an alternate reality.
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

There's also Mangaverse Nightcrawler (There are two: one on the one-shot, who was killed by Wolvie, and another one on X-Men: Ronin, who later joins the X-Men)
WHOA! When was NC in a manga?

~Siona

-- SheCat.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

In Marvel Mangaverse...:D

But I guess u didn'read it Siona, since u said b4 u can only buy New x-men...

Ur not missin much tho...

In the 1-shot, nightcrawler is evil and gets his tail ripped off by wolvie, and is later killed by him...

And in X-men:Ronin, Kurt has such a tiny part... I don't even think he has any lines...
--Green Lantern's Oath

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Tail-less NC? :surprise

Ah, well, it's not like we didn't see a whole lot of that in X2. :mad

~Siona

-- SheCat.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Yeah, his tail was most forgotten in the movie...:(

I don't remember seein his feet either...
--Green Lantern's Oath

Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

you sorta see his feet in one scean........
and x2 storm should die!!!!!! stay away from my nightcrawler!!!!!!!!:mad :yech
HE IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bite
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

i think Bamf has been in a couple of Excalibur issues. i know he has been in Excalibur issue #118
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Jade Maximoff
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jade Maximoff »

kurt evo is my honey and he is :lick but what abot salamander he looks just like kurt:oops
Nightcrawlerfan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightcrawlerfan »

Nandireya? I don't mean to get off the subject, but, I just want to congradulate you with your website A Touch of Velvet. I hope you continue those unfinished stories! See ya!:bamf
~If it all went away
Nothing left to say
Would you fight it
Or will you lay down
At the hand of your God
Could you see the light
Oh my prince cant you
see whats been found~
For my beloved fuzzy blue elf. Quoted from "Prince" by Vanessa Carlton
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

yeah....

I even made a comic with Nighty

:love Everyone wants him, the struck gold, and they want to have him in everything!!! :love;pant
:nap
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Oooh, just discovered this thread!
VERY cool stuff!

:)

B A M F !
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Did they mold Evo Toad after the bamfs, cause that is what he usually said to Wanda?