Nightcrawler's birthday

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
graemeowen89
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by graemeowen89 »

If I have worked it out right, Kurt should be about 26.
Since Kitty was 13 when she joined the X-Men and he celebrated his 21st not long after, when she was still 13 I might add, the ages should add up. She is 18 right now isn't she? That's 13+5 so 21+5=26 :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I think kitty is closer to 21-22....didnt she recently graduate college?? I could be wrong.......
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
graemeowen89
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by graemeowen89 »

Hmm, I've done some checking and it seems as though she's still in it... Her second year I believe, but I don't know what that would make her in America. The schooling systems are different here.

Yeah, according to my comics, she's recently started, not graduated. *nods*
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by graemeowen89
Hmm, I've done some checking and it seems as though she's still in it... Her second year I believe, but I don't know what that would make her in America. The schooling systems are different here.

Yeah, according to my comics, she's recently started, not graduated. *nods*
Well, if it helps any, I will be newly 18 in the first year of college, 19 the next, and so on...I was an early bird.

In america, it really kinda depends on when you start elementary school, and when you start college. I don't know about other countries, but here you don't have to go to college right away after high school, you can take as long as you want in between, but the longer you wait the harder it is to enter a college unless it's community, than they don't give a dang.
My mom might go to college while me and my sister do, and she's in her mid 40's.
:D

and you want messed up school systems, come to Cali!
one name: Bruce Campbell
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Bamfette »

in MekaniX she was in the States and tending bar. has to be 21 to legally hold a job where she serves alcohol.
graemeowen89
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by graemeowen89 »

My bad, I didnt know that. It's 18 here in most places... damned England.

So... he's about 27-28 then...:urg
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by elfofdoom »

Happy birth day form yesturday Nightcawler,:D
D.croft
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Ooops. sorry to say, you dont have to be 21 to serve liquour, just to drink it. My nephew got a job serving beer when he was,...17-18.
That said, most real bars wouldnt hire someone underage ... too much hastle.

I never understand comic ages...
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by kamizzi »

11.11.1918 - that's our Independence Day :D
:?
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

3. January 1918 - is ours. :shifty
JD-HIV
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by JD-HIV »

November 11th? LoL... I think it says something different in X2... in the deleted scene with Mystique finding Kurts files it says his birthday and age and stuff like that... I think it said something different though.... But I'd believe the comin over the movie any day :LOL
Ninja's are a very important part of the eco bio.... deathosphere.... it's all very lion king.... it's like... if you killed all the wolves you'd have a crap load of bunny's.... and by bunny's I mean stupid people.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Feuerstein »

JD, really? I've never seen that scene! Is it on an extended edition? Go me for never buying movies. >.<
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

Originally posted by JD-HIV
November 11th? LoL... I think it says something different in X2... in the deleted scene with Mystique finding Kurts files it says his birthday and age and stuff like that... I think it said something different though.... But I'd believe the comin over the movie any day :LOL
You're most certainly correct (soory I feel smart today). The documents Mystique finds say his birthday is May 22, 1983, which in the movie makes him 20. In the 616 universe, Kurt's birthday was revealed in Nightcrawler(3rd Series) #12. It said Nov. 11, which happens to be my mom's birthday.
BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
JD, really? I've never seen that scene! Is it on an extended edition? Go me for never buying movies. >.<

Disc 2 in Deleted/Extended Scenes titled "Mystique in Stryker's Files"

P.S. Was Stryker based on a character in the comics, or a what? I hadn't heard of him until the movie.

Sorry, forgot about 2x posting. Don't hurt me!

[Edited on 6/11/08 by BlueVelvet14]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Elfdame »

AFAIK, he shared his birthday with his Creator, the late Dave Cockrum.

In Winding Way, there's a calendar (month of November) in the scene of his birthday.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I saw the calendar too- and he mentions its a thursday (you can read the dates)- unfortunately, the 11th doesn't fall on a thursday based on that calendar. This is probably just an artist's error (and a minor one at that) more than anything else.

It's so strange though- the way comics refuse to aget heir characters. I was 12 when I first started being a Nightcrawler fan, I got used to him as someone older than me - as a kid he was someone I wanted to be like, not so much get it on with.

It's strange to think that I'm now much closer in age- and will likely soon surpass him (I'm 25 now)... that's just... weird.

But we all know that comic book years count for nothing. Like any of the characters actually act their age. It probably just seems weird to say "This superhero is 43"- but maybe we will see more "older" heroes- as it seems media is appreciating people past the age of 29. *gasp*
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Elfdame »

Well, I'm 49 but I like to hang out with the 11-yr-olds ... er, but that's probably a genetic defect as my octogenarian dad tends to be sorta 15ish too.

I often wonder that ... about what if they really HAD been teens in the early 60's when I was learning my abc's ... now they'd be ... well, anyway they don't age the way we do.

And once I wrote a story about Spidey turning 50; when I discovered a middle-aged Parker raising Spider-girl, it was as if DeFalco had read my mind.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Saint Kurt »

On Nightscrawlers we celebrate a whole lot of birthdays on November 11th?

Nightcrawler
Dave Cockrum
Darick Robertson (penciler on solo book)
Scumfish
SaintKurt

(I figured this out one year. It turns out that Nov 11th is the approximate 9 month flip side to Valentines day! Wakka Chikka Wakka Chikka!)

Scorpios!

-e

{edited to point out that whenever you post a list like this you miss someone so ... who did I miss? --SK}

[Edited on 27/9/2008 by Saint Kurt]
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by neling4 »

I know how old Nightcrawler is. I became a Nightcrawler fan in 1975, the year he was introduced in Giant Size #1, and he and I were the same age then: 20. So, chronologically, he is the same age as me! Or...at least...he should be! Unfortunately, I aged and he didn't. Not fair!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

blueberry_muffin
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by blueberry_muffin »

Ohmigosh November 11!?!? :surprise That's ONE DAY before my birthday!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!111one :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Petition to move his birthday to Dec.

I only date guys born in Dec. It helps the fantasy. :shifty
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Jeremus »

I too was born in November. Just how many Nightscrawlers were born in November??? I mean, there could be a pattern here.....:scratch
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by steyn »

It's called the Valentine's Day Pattern.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by Jeremus »

Yes...but how many of these November babies are Nightcrawler fans?
Or do you just think that the odds of a person with a November birthday are high, and so on any fan website there will be more people with November birthdays regardless?

It'd still be interesting to take a survey....

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's birthday

Post by OctoberHoliday »

So, about his age, early-late twenties? I'd be very upset to learn he was older than that.

Oh yeah, I'm an October baby, so I was born a bit early.

[Edited on 2/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie