Margali Szardos bio.

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by elfofdoom »

I'm not sure If I should put this hear are another thread but I'll move it if I have to. I took ages writing this, but I may have missed parts out. Please be free to copy and past and add any info you know about Margali I am doing this for fun but also for info.

Margali Szardos Bio.

Margali Szardos

Known Aliases: Gypsy queen, Red Queen, Margali of the 'Winding Way.'
Identity: known to sorceress, demon, and the X-men.
Occupation: Fortuneteller, former Red Queen of Hellfire club (U.K)
Citizenship: Presumed Der Jarmark, West Germany
Place Of Birth: Unravelled
Known Relatives: Stephen Szardos (son, deceased,) Jimaine Szardos(Magik, darter,) Kurt Wagner( Nightcrawler, foster son.)
Group Affiliation: Hellfire club(U.K)
Education: unravelled
First Appearance-men annual #4(1980)

HISTORY: Margali Szardos past is as much of an enigma as she herself is. Margali Szardos is supposedly born in Germany and taught Magiks by her mother, but she is yet to revealed her true organs. Margali discipline of Magik is a path called 'The Winding Way.'

Margail Szardos is belied to have been married at one point to an unknown person; she had two children under this married Stephen Szardos, and Jimaine Szarods. Margali Szardos supposedly had an affair while Married with the demonic mutant Azazel. Taken in Azazel son, Kurt Wagner, Marglai raised the boy as her own claming she found him washed up on a riverbed.

Working at Der Jarmark as a fortune-teller to cover her activities as a sorceress. Margali discovered that the Demon Belasco has sewing seeds of destruction into the earth. Margali tricked her darter into staying at Der jarmark with her by killing Sabu, Jimaine Szarods, and Kurt trapeze mentor. A day after Sabu’s death Marglai foster son left Der Jarmark to find a new life with the X-men.

Year later Margali Szardos came to blame her son, Stephen Szardos, death on her foster son, Kurt Wagner, now known as Nightcrawler in tribute to his mentor Sabu.
Margali Exiled Nightcrawler’s soul to a dimension resembling 'Dante's Inferno.' With helped for Jimaine Szardos, and Doctor strange Kurt was proven innocence of killing Stephen Szardos.

During Margali time of weakness on 'The Winding way' Margali was taken capture by the demon D'spayre, Rescued by Jimaine Szardos and Nightcrawler Margali soon began her quest to take to the soul sword.
Margali again ticked Jimaine into doing her dirty work. Margali warned of the sorcer Gravemoss trying to kill al above him on 'The Winding Way' Jimaine travelled to Muria Island were Gravemoss had processed Nightcralwer. After defeating Gravemoss Jimaine give her mother the soul sword to Margali Szados who used it to kill all other sorceres above her on 'The Winding Way.'

Hoping to release a demon under London Margali Szarods joined the U.K version of the hellfire club. Stealing The Mutant, Warlock hybrid Douglock's head. Using Douglock' head to she hoped to relies the demon under London. Foiled by Excalibur Margali Szardos disappeared into capture by Belasco. With her last bit of magik she swapped souls with her darter Jimaine. Margali soul now in the empowered Jimaine Szardos body took Nightcrawler to Limbo to rescue her body. Defeating Belasco again Margali returned to her own body disappearing leaving Jimaine to rule Limbo.

Margali has reappeared recently to find Nightmare torturing Jimaine Szardos finding out that Nightmare was under control of a demon looking for the Mystical Soul Sword. Marglai, Jimaine and Nightmare helped Nightcrawler defeated the demon Hive. While they fought a Hive Margali reviled that Nightcrawler processed the Soul Sword. Nightcrawler kept the Soul sword save inside his body.

It not known were Margali will turn up next, but were ever sorcery goes arise Margali Szardos is known to be there to set thing right.

HEIGHT: Varied
WEIGHT: 110lbs
EYES: Varied (normally pure yellow)
HAIR: Varied (normally green)

Super human power: Margali wiled vast power, or non-dipending were she stands on 'The Winding way.'
Her powers are varied though she wiles black Magik and White Magik. Her abilities include teleporting, open portals to different hell dimension like Limbo. Margali also alters her appearance with her Magik. Margali can also possess the soul sword, which enhances her abilities.

First appearance:(As Szardos) X-men Vol. 1 Annual 4 (1980) (as Red Queen) Excalibur vol. 1 #96
Origin issues: non
Significant Issues: Tells how she was taught Magik (Excalibur vol 1. -1 1997) Mention of her Married (Excalibur vol 1. -1 Seen finding Nigthcrawler (Uncanny origins featuring Nightcrawler vol.1 1997) Reviled that Azazel give Nightcrawler to Margali (Uncanny X-men#432) Reviled about affair with Azazel( Uncanny X-men #433) Killed Sabu(Excalibur vol.1-1 1997) Sort revenge for Stephen Szardos death (X-men Vol. 1 Annual 4 (1980) Taken capture by D'spayre(Excalibur vo1 1. #76 1994) Began quest for soul sword( Excalibur vol.1 #83-#85 1994/1995) Gained soul sword (Excalibur vol.1 #85) Tried to raise demon form under London(Excalibur vol. 1 #100) Taken capture by Belasco Excalibur vol.1 #103) defeated Belasco Taken capture by Belasco Excalibur #103 1997) repapered as Margali Szardos (Nightcrawler #9 2005)

All info about comics come form my comics at home. I spend ages looking at numbers and dates. :worship
D.croft
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hear pic

Post by elfofdoom »

And hear a pic to go with bio. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29465511/
D.croft
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

damm Marvel

Post by elfofdoom »

Hear my updated vertion damm Mavel actualy put her in there Bio book. but still mine cool.

Margali Szardos Bio.

Margali Szardos

Known Aliases: Gypsy queen, Red Queen, Margali of the 'Winding Way,' sorcresss supreme, Fata Morgana.
Identity: known to sorceress, demon, and the X-men.
Occupation: Fortuneteller, former Red Queen of Hellfire club (U.K), Sorceress.
Citizenship: France
Place Of Birth: Paris, France
Known Relatives: Stephen Szardos (son, deceased,) Jimaine Szardos(Magik, darter,) Kurt Wagner( Nightcrawler, foster son.)
Group Affiliation: Sahdow hunters, fromerly Hellfire club(U.K)
Education: unravelled
First Appearance-men annual #4(1980)

HISTORY: Margali Szardos past is as much of an enigma as she herself is. Margali Szardos is supposedly born in Germany and taught Magiks by her mother, but she is yet to revealed her true organs. Margali discipline of Magik is a path called 'The Winding Way.'

Margail Szardos is belied to have been married at one point to an unknown person; she had two children under this married Stephen Szardos, and Jimaine Szarods. Margali Szardos supposedly had an affair while Married with the demonic mutant Azazel. Taken in Azazel son, Kurt Wagner, Marglai raised the boy as her own claming she found him washed up on a riverbed.

Working at Der Jarmark as a fortune-teller to cover her activities as a sorceress. Margali discovered that the Demon Belasco has sewing seeds of destruction into the earth. Margali tricked her darter into staying at Der jarmark with her by killing Sabu, Jimaine Szarods, and Kurt trapeze mentor. A day after Sabu's death Marglai foster son left Der Jarmark to find a new life with the X-men.

Year later Margali Szardos came to blame her son, Stephen Szardos, death on her foster son, Kurt Wagner, now known as Nightcrawler in tribute to his mentor Sabu.
Margali Exiled Nightcrawler's soul to a dimension resembling 'Dante's Inferno.' With helped for Jimaine Szardos, and Doctor strange Kurt was proven innocence of killing Stephen Szardos.

During Margali time of weakness on 'The Winding way' Margali was taken capture by the demon D'spayre, Rescued by Jimaine Szardos and Nightcrawler Margali soon began her quest to take to the soul sword.
Margali again ticked Jimaine into doing her dirty work. Margali warned of the sorcer Gravemoss trying to kill al above him on 'The Winding Way' Jimaine travelled to Muria Island were Gravemoss had processed Nightcralwer. After defeating Gravemoss Jimaine give her mother the soul sword to Margali Szados who used it to kill all other sorceres above her on 'The Winding Way.'

Hoping to release a demon under London Margali Szarods joined the U.K version of the hellfire club. Stealing The Mutant, Warlock hybrid Douglock's head. Using Douglock' head to she hoped to relies the demon under London. Foiled by Excalibur Margali Szardos disappeared into capture by Belasco. With her last bit of magik she swapped souls with her darter Jimaine. Margali soul now in the empowered Jimaine Szardos body took Nightcrawler to Limbo to rescue her body. Defeating Belasco again Margali returned to her own body disappearing leaving Jimaine to rule Limbo.

Margali has reappeared recently to find Nightmare torturing Jimaine Szardos finding out that Nightmare was under control of a demon looking for the Mystical Soul Sword. Marglai, Jimaine and Nightmare helped Nightcrawler defeated the demon Hive. While they fought a Hive Margali reviled that Nightcrawler processed the Soul Sword. Nightcrawler kept the Soul sword save inside his body.

It not known were Margali will turn up next, but were ever sorcery goes arise Margali Szardos is known to be there to set thing right.

HEIGHT: Varied
WEIGHT: 110lbs
EYES: Varied (normally pure yellow)
HAIR: Varied (normally green)

Super human power: Margali wiled vast power, or non-dipending were she stands on 'The Winding way.'
Her powers are varied though she wiles black Magik and White Magik. Her abilities include teleporting, open portals to different hell dimension like Limbo. Margali also alters her appearance with her Magik. Margali can also possess the soul sword, which enhances her abilities.

First appearance:(As Szardos) X-men Vol. 1 Annual 4 (1980) (as Red Queen) Excalibur vol. 1 #96
Origin issues: non
Significant Issues: Tells how she was taught Magik (Excalibur vol 1. -1 1997) Mention of her Married (Excalibur vol 1. -1 Seen finding Nigthcrawler (Uncanny origins featuring Nightcrawler vol.1 1997) Reviled that Azazel give Nightcrawler to Margali (Uncanny X-men#432) Reviled about affair with Azazel( Uncanny X-men #433) Killed Sabu(Excalibur vol.1-1 1997) Sort revenge for Stephen Szardos death (X-men Vol. 1 Annual 4 (1980) Taken capture by D'spayre(Excalibur vo1 1. #76 1994) Began quest for soul sword( Excalibur vol.1 #83-#85 1994/1995) Gained soul sword (Excalibur vol.1 #85) Tried to raise demon form under London(Excalibur vol. 1 #100) Taken capture by Belasco Excalibur vol.1 #103) defeated Belasco Taken capture by Belasco X-men unlimited vol.1 #19 1997) repapered as Margali Szardos (Nightcrawler #9 2005)
D.croft
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja elfofdoom
HISTORY: Margali Szardos past is as much of an enigma as she herself is. Margali Szardos is supposedly born in Germany and taught Magiks by her mother, but she is yet to revealed her true organs.
Alkuperäinen postittaja Wikipedia
Margali Szardos' past is as much of an enigma as she herself is. She was supposedly born in Paris, France and taught magic by her mother, but she has yet to reveal her true orgins. Margali's discipline of magic is a path called 'The Winding Way.'
If you really are english, you should know the difference between origins and organs. ;)
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by elfofdoom »

:doh! ops I though my computer had saved the corection I did. guess it didn't
D.croft
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by Nandireya »

This is more suited for the Nightcrawler FAQ thread...so I'm moving it there for now...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by elfofdoom »

ah so this is were it is I was wonding were it went to :doh!
D.croft
rain360
Lubber
Lubber

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by rain360 »

'Place Of Birth: Unravelled'

Szardos sounds very Hungarian,
Hungary and a few other countrys are known for gypsies.
(I should know,
I'm half Hungarian.
=D)
So thats where she might have been born.
:nodyes
"Don't walk in my footsteps. I walk into walls."
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get suked into jet engines."
"A computer beat me at chess once, but it was no match at me in kickboxing..."

FYI- I DID NOT MAKE THESE UP. THESE QUOTES ARE NOT MINE.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Margali Szardos bio.

Post by Angelique »

If what little I could find on the subject is worth anything, Szardos is indeed Hungarian.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
jrnewto
Lubber
Lubber

Re: Margali Szardos bio.

Post by jrnewto »

We never did discover a back story for Margali Szardos but I think I've finally determined Claremont's real intent (which thankfully wipes out my previous theory of Magda becoming Mystique which I was never comfortable with:). Her names are telling to what Claremont may have intended though.

Claremont undoubtedly took the name Margali from Marion Zimmer Bradley's books The Shattered Chain & Thendara House, where one of the main characters is named Margali, just like he had taken the name "Sharra".

I'll get back to the significance of this further down, but first...

As for Szardos, the only etymological connection to this name comes from the 1974 science fantasy film, Zardoz, named after the eponymous god head that is revealed to mean "Wizard of Oz" due to it being a skilful manipulator rather than an actual deity.

I'd therefore suggest Claremont used this as a surname for Margali to imply she was masking her true identity.

Now back to the significance of the name Margali.

In the abovementioned The Shattered Chain, Margali is a derivative of Magdalen, with the book's character Magda Lorne also being referred to as Margali n'ha Ysabet (the Darkovan name from her mother).

So does this suggest Margali was the name Magda, Magneto's wife, took to ensure he never found her?

Did she go back to Germany... but the main thing is to have her somewhere where Magnus would not find her. He searched very intently for a few years at least, before eventually giving up and assuming she was dead. Did she keep a low profile by joining a travelling circus, since she wouldn't stay in one place for long?