HOW DID NIGHTCRAWLER COME TO BE CREATED?

Community created Nightcrawler knowledge base to answer all your questions in one place!
ChastMastr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ChastMastr »

Well, I always liked Kurt's faith (sorry! My first X-men comics was Annual #4 in 1980, where it was kind of central; got me into Dante, too...) but I do find him becoming a priest kind of odd -- and suspect it was a case of "he's religious, therefore he must become clergy," as if people can't be religious without taking it on as a profession...
Intyale
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Intyale »

Hey Dave? what exactly are your "personal beliefs" anyway? (If you don't want to answer that question that's ok with me, I'm just curious! ;))
Go visit my website!

No stealing my images... :shifty
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I never liked the association between Kurt and religion, mixed in with his love of pirates and such. It just seemed to mixed up to me.

But, then, this is coming from a girl who willingly drinks German beer.

Mmmmm....German beer... :content

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
RobDBlackwolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by RobDBlackwolf »

Well.. For one side it doth fit him being religious. As far as I read he is not only a german but also a "Bayer". And bavaria is admittedly the german "bible belt".
bamfer#373
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfer#373 »

*is in awe* Kurt's creator...right there...I am SO PUMPED!!!:crackedIt's absolutely great to hear the full story of Nighty. He came about in a storm eh? my buds and I make up some X-men characters, never taking it that seriously...maybe we should!:rolleyes I'd like to see what the people at Marvel would think of my little characters :D To be completely honest..I'm pretty sure they'd laugh and toss the paper away :dies but a few (very select few mind you) could pass through the laughter and actually be considered as semi-interesting. But I have a bad reputation of bashing my creations:rolleyes
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps. :poke
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ladyhawke »

I'd be mad as all get out if someone decided to change one of my characters, especially the one that puts you in the story. People should be asked if they agree with something.
As to Kurt being a priest, I just had to laugh. Although the Catholic church would take him sooner then me (you should see some of the looks I've gotten when I've said I want to be a priest). Though I do like him because he is religious, and I'll be the first to admit some people in my Church don't seem to listen to the Bible about accepting everyone. Still, I've been around men in the seminary, they can come in at any time, but they keep busier then anyone else 24-7. It's brutal, I was told be someone who dropped out.
*Where did all THAT come from
:eek

Glad you created him. Someday I'd like to do a side story with my characters and Nightcrawler.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
TheNightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by TheNightcrawler »

Nightcrawler is the bvest X-Men tere is! No one can beat him! NO ONE WiLL KILL HIM!

:bamf and :love
I am the Nightcrawler
-_-_Nightcrawler_-_-
Lubber
Lubber

I like this

Post by -_-_Nightcrawler_-_- »

So THAT'S what the full story is :eek . I like this. Thanks for the info :bamf

Danke
Kurt
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Gambit »

Dude,Dave Cockrum is on Nighttscrawlers?!?!
Omigod!!!!I think that it is very interesting that Hellsprite is a girl.I always imagined the first version of Nighty as a girl.That's my secret shame.
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
Baby Blue
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Baby Blue »

Awwwwwww, that's terrible, Dave! Catholocism is the best part of the character!
WWWWWEEEEE55555
Lubber
Lubber

Post by WWWWWEEEEE55555 »

okay, i am on the same site as dave.... BEATHE MAN!!! i cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! okay ill probably talk and babble way too much over the subject of kurt...... i have so many questions.....okay ill list them:
1. were you able to think up kurts past or were you gone by then? (like the circus backround, mystique)
2. how long were you on the x-men team for?
3. can you send me all the comics ever made? (haha just kidding about that part! haha)
4. what was your most favorite comic with nightcrawler in it?
5. whats you favorite music? (curiosity kills the cat, i ask everybody this)
6. do you think your son will ever follow in your path? (just out of curiosity, dont have to answer if its too personal)
7. i heard that after you first created him but before he became a lighthearted man who loves his life that he was a brooding character but they changed that because wolverine and someone else was already brooding, is that true?
okay i think thats it.... i talk too much so dont mind me. ill just write my opinions on the next post...

*Edit by a moderator because of double pósting*

wow.... i still cant believe it..... anyway...
8. (sorry forgot this question) did you come up with the story of the bamfs?
okay now im done anyway, personally i wasnt born off of the comic book series. i may have wathced x-men with my brother but that was when i was a toddler and didnt remeber much. actually, unfortunately this will sound really really awful, what started my obsession over nightcrawler was the second x-men movie. There i said it. now i stink i know but now that ive gone online and found out as much as i possibly could i cant keep away from him. anyway, i guess the thing that intrigued me most was how its such a contridiction to his faith and how he looks. i was really into god and devil, heavin and hell concepts at that time and i really really liked this character. that and my favorite color is blue. but anyway i liked the idea of his faith but i DID NOT like the fact of him becoming a priest. as a matter of fact i LOATHED it. how in the world can a guy who is a ladies man possibly give that up and become a priest.... i am really glad he left. i cant believe they did that without your consent.... *mumbles curse words under her breath*. NOT COOL AT ALL. okay now im done with that. thank you to those who took the time to read this way too long entry!

*Edit by a moderator because of triple posting*

one last thing: after i went online and learned everything i possibly ever could about nightcrawler, i LOVED him haha. seriously i was so obsessed i made a double sided poster board on him (movie side, comic and evolution side). i know his life story by heart 5 times over. i was so obsessed i scared my own friends. but anyway the reason why he drew me in even more when i learned about him was that he loved his life, and at the time i hated mine, i envied that. now i am the happiest person in the world and i love to be myself (as you can see from my signature at the bottom)
Signed: Omy, the ugly one, weirdo, freaky, obsessive, bookworm, slow, oblivious, writer, anime lover, the blurry outfeilder, nightcrawler lover, relient k listener, lover of the golden oldies, smeller of the scented candles, cluttered lady, good student, the extremely hyper, the manic depressant, and...... uuuuhhhh...... wait for it...... oh! forgetful!, the spell checker, animal lover, the way too happy for her own good girl, says hi to everyone even though she doesn't know them, the embarrasser, the annoyance, and just plain me!
Psylocke
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Psylocke »

I have this book of like, all nightcrawler and stuff.

*EDIT by a moderator because of double posting*
I know the whole story now, though. :)
Nocturnalblue
Lubber
Lubber

ecstatic

Post by Nocturnalblue »

Oh my gosh...Dave Cockrum...you're the creator of Nightcrawler...I...love you...*surreal moment* I don't know if you realize what a great impact you've had on my life...Nightcrawler is the reason I love X-Men...he's the coolest character ever created...I'm totally obsessed with him...life is meaningless without something to love...thank you so much for giving me that...God bless you Dave Cockrum!
hpz
Lubber
Lubber

Post by hpz »

wow, cool story, its so spy gear ;)lol

and with the whole mad about getting your characters jerked around, its funny in a ironic sorta way, i see people like liefeld who turn into total involvement weiners over their characters, and get pissed at marvel if it isn't their way, i don't like liefeld for that, and for...well other reasons, but i guess i never stopped to realize that it may affect someone to lose controle over someone they made.

and could hellsprite's nipples be anymore promininent lol, i guess shes missing the heat in hell
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ac0demon »

Originally posted by Nocturnalblue
Nightcrawler is the reason I love X-Men...he's the coolest character ever created...I'm totally obsessed with him...life is meaningless without something to love...thank you so much for giving me that...God bless you Dave Cockrum!
I totally relate to this post! Nightcrawler was the first X-Man I ever saw (some collector's card hanging upside down from trapeze holding a saber). I was immediately hooked.
My SITES:
...::www.JebeTaru.com::...
Unstuck in a cookie cutter world!

----------------------------------------------
****City of Heroes****
----------------------------------------------

( ) ( )( ) ( )http://www.bubblegum-girl.com( ) ( )( ) ( )
Jade Maximoff
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jade Maximoff »

it is good i like how they took the demon from him and evo kurt is mine:lick:naughty
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

I thought it was a stupid death too. =)
And I didn't really *get* it. It was weird, and thanks for posting the origin thing here.