this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, yeah... That new laptop cord I got on Tuesday? Dead. Not because of the dog this time though. This time the cord killed itself -- melted.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yet another cat to be lost in the system. Pulled over today to help an injured kitty. Only 3 people actually pulled over to help this thing of the hundreds driving by on Rte. 7. The officer on hand (nice guy, albeit young/seemingly inexperienced) had a nice chat with me. We waited for the ACO to roll out of bed, he looked smashed when he got there. The officer only rolled his eyes. The cat was put in a crate that I am convinced had another animal in it previously, and when he put the cat in, it slid back, moving the blanket beneath it. The bottom of the crate was disgusting and my box that the cat was being kept in to the side of the road was cleaner than that thing. I am sure the cat will either disappear in the system or just be put down altogether, but I tried.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

at least that's better than just being driven over, cats are usually the roadkill you see around here when driving to work in the mornings.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

The settlement has now come in at a third of what mother was trying to convince me it would be. I knew this was more than likely how it was going to be but now since we also have to pay the sales tax on the car she just couldn't wait to have anymore I'll have like $1000 from it to move with instead of anything close to what I'm actually owed. I just hope I can still move more or less on time.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Remember the neighbor that broke into our house? Yeah, the crazy was loose again today.

This morning she decided to yell at my dad about having our dog attack her -- our 10 lbs., muzzled because she bit part of her own tail off, mini daucshund. My dad ignored her, but he did lock the backdoor when he left for work... which led me to believe I was locked out. I got in through the front door though. Then, my mom and I had sat down for lunch when my aunt called. My mom was pacing between the kitchen and dining room and happened to see her standing out by her garage, just staring at our house. After my mom and brother left for my brother's boy scout meeting, she was across the street taking a picture of our house from the front... and then in the car, with the headlights pointed to the side of the house that faces her house... and after that from the spot where she was standing and staring that afternoon...

For a while, she was just sitting in her car, half pulled into the garage, staring at our house. I'm not sure about after that because we'd all moved upstairs. A few hours later, my dad asks me if I knew there was a cop in our driveway. Cop comes to the door and asks if we own two pitbulls and gives us the most wtf look when we tell him we only have a mini daucshund. Dad asked if it was her that called, he said yes, and my dad told him we had problems with her before (breaking in, notes, the pictures from earlier). The cop was apparently well aware and pretty much said they were humoring her so she'd leave them alone. He suggested a restraining order and left.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Restraining order?

You need to get her to move. LOL This is great crack though. Stay safe.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Get that restraining order. It's one more thing to use the next time (and I'm certain there will be a next time) stuff like this happens. But yeah, get the paramedics. Say she's having a behavioral health emergency. They'll be much more help for her and for you.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I had time to take my broken ipod in to be fixed... unfortunately, it was discovered that indeed, it is an ex-ipod. D: No music for the car again. D: I need that car radio fixed, after all.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yes! A day where I have nothing to do for no one except work 3-9, and there's nobody to bother me or force me to wake up and drive around and do pointless shit!

"Ty, would you please do me the hugest favor and ind TSA approved soaps and shampoos for me at 5 Below in Lincoln Mall for me? Today?"

‎(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I might have an early weekend due to being sick (see awesome coffee) however the doctor also picked up that I might have high blood pressure, so now I need to check my blood pressure regularly after I get rid of my cold, just to be sure that it's not because of the cold that my blood pressure is so high. Here's hoping it's the cold.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I found Kiley's missing bottle, in the entertainment center.

Don't stress it too much, or you'll make it higher. :toothy Trust me, I've had borderline hypertension off and on for years.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

It was a lovely, touching funeral Mass, with great readings, bagpipes, representatives of two fire departments and the local ski patrol in attendance, and full military rites, but still....

... why did one of the most wonderful neighbors I ever had have to die to get a send-off like this?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The Ass:

The other room mate's dad (the one who lives in the apartment upstairs, his name is Orest) got a surprise today.

His idiotic, forgetful, "i cast spells" wiccan ex wife (yes these people actually exist in my life now, I can't believe it either), dropped off her neglected cat. In a kitty transporter. Looked like she hadn't left the carrier in over 24 hours apparently. Covered in vomit. Fecile matter. Spit-up. The poor cat (Dublin) apparently used to be a sweetie...
Now she hisses at everyone and hides whenever possible.

I'm convincing them to call the Fall River Animal Police. They seem open to it, but they don't want to do it behind her dad's back. I told Roomie 2 to give Roomie 1 the end of the next 2 days to do it. After that, give me the ex-wife's address, and I'll make the call.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Fucking boss. He hasn't pissed me off in a while, but this was over something so stupid that it just irked me and reminded me of everything else he's ever done to piss me off.

Grrr. GRRRR!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Chris Shuman, a guy who worked on the Student Paper with me, who traveled up to Boston for Occupy Boston and stayed for 6 straight days, who worked on poetry for our paper and helped us go against the administration in the school -- this guy died at only 23. In his sleep.

I'm very upset about this, and I have no idea what to even say. Total shock, they have no idea what happened.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

While I'd known for months that this would happen, nothing really adequately prepares one for this: tomorrow I'm taking a dog who's been a big part of my family for the past sixteen years to the vet... for the last time.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

And with that... RIP Blue, my best canine friend of sixteen years.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Sorry about your doggie, Ange. I know it's hard. We had Rusty for 15 years before it was just more cruel to keep her here than to let her go.

So today the trial of the creepy-ass haunted house dude who abused his daughter started. Ugh. UGH. I want a shower. I specifically asked to cover this trial, but... it's unsettling me now.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

My dog died this weekend and I'm devastated. I had to put her to sleep. We thought she had an infection and it turned out to be cancer. She was such a good dog and now the house is just empty without her. I come home and I keep expecting her to be there. I'm so depressed.

I'm sorry about your puppy, Ange. I know how you feel.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Sorry to the both of you who've lost their dogs. You'll never stop missing them even when others come into your life.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Thanks, Paws.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

If this head cold kills me, I shall leave my Excalibur collection and the contents of my Nightcrawler shelf to all y'all.

Overly dramatic, I know, but i'm gooey and owwy and uuugh. :X
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Well.... compound ass for you guys,

Last night went to see my aunt, uncle and cousin in the hospital cuz my cousin called my dad crying her eyes out because my Aunt is dying. Went there, couldn't really say goodbye because she was so doped up on pain killers that she wasn't lucid. So mostly went to console my cousin. My Uncle was in denial that it was all happening and kept saying she was fine the whole time we were there. (On a small good note, we reminisced about better times)

Part 2: Have about seven missed calls last night, my buzzing phone finally wakes me up at 5:00 something am and it's my cousin crying, because my aunt passed around 3 am and all the other calls were her, my dad and my mom all calling to try to get a hold of me. So now I didn't get to say goodbye and I feel bad for missing my cousin's calls. Was gonna call into work but I didn't wake up again till 10:30 so I didn't want to call in last minute so now I feel like shit at work and have to deal with assholes until I can get out of here and run over to my grandma's where they all are.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Slarti wrote:If this head cold kills me, I shall leave my Excalibur collection and the contents of my Nightcrawler shelf to all y'all.

Overly dramatic, I know, but i'm gooey and owwy and uuugh. :X
I'd like a sputum sample, please.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I hate my job. If I had the money to survive a couple of months without any income, I would quit right now.