this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Angelique »

Follow-up with the doctor revealed more bad news. Hip and knee aren't just contused, but sprained. I have to miss another week of work, as I'm still on the pain meds and can't walk more than a few steps without the crutches, and I only "might" be able to get in any skiing this season. Thankfully, Mr. Ange doesn't leave for Missouri for another week, so he and I will get to go car shopping together- if the insurance company compensates us promptly.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

After a full seven days of sickliness my throat has gotten worse this weekend instead of better so I looked down it. Surprise! White patches. -_- Haven't had that for a good 15 years when I learned that just because you got your tonsils out as a kid doesn't mean you can't get tonsilitis. Since my doctor has been booked up recently, I'm skipping a step and hitting the minute clinic tomorrow for some antibiotics.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Good news and bad news.

Good news: My husband doesn't have to go to Missouri, because....

Bad news: ... on the day he was supposed to leave, the company that hired him decided to un-hire all their new employees. So he's back to collecting unemployment and looking for work. It's not all bad, though, because....

Good news: ... after missing more than an entire pay period's worth of work, the doctor finally allowed me to go back to work, on the condition that....

Bad news: ...I refrain from lifting anything or anyone over forty pounds. Bear in mind, writing alone doesn't pay the bills. I make my living providing home health care to disabled and geriatric patients. This lifting restriction is going to seriously impact the hours I can put in at work, because I'll be limited to caring for people who can walk, who can do their own wheelchair transfers, or who are not fall risks. That rules out most of our case load.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

I impressed the chick at the minute clinic, who almost sent me on to the emergency room for a chest x-ray. Instead, she decided to give me a shot, then put me on the biggest horse pill amoxicillin I've ever seen for 10 days, and give me two kinds of cough/sinus meds, and ibuprofen. She says I have bronchitis, a sinus infection, possible strep or just plain tonsilitis. She said whatever it is, she put me on enough stuff to kill it all... so that's a good news, bad news too, I suppose.

Well, Ange... at least you don't have to worry about going to Missouri?
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

I was a day away from fixing my sleeping pattern into something workable and then I have a vaso-vegal attack and fuck it up with an epic six hour nap afterwards. FML.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You know what sucks almost as badly as getting in a car wreck? Discovering weeks later on your way to work that your brain has developed this tendency to replay the car wreck nearly every time you're at a busy intersection.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Found out yesterday my mother had donated some of my grandmother's things that I wanted. So this morning I went to the thrift store to search them out and buy back a few things. Lo and behold, I instead find my artificial wedding bouquet on top of a table. Between the shock and the... well, shock, I called Scott to rant and started bawling. There was a store volunteer there who asked me what was wrong and long story short they ended up giving it back to me with a hug.

So I call my mother and find out she donated my wedding dress, which I don't really want, and my veil, which I did want because it was super expensive and nice and my late grandmother bought it for me. I had hoped to save it for my daughter, should she want it. I had another meltdown.

I've spent the last two hours going to fucking thrift stores looking for my veil. It seems to be gone.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Today my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer; three days before her birthday.

On the upside, she's always been very diligent when it comes to going to routine check ups, so its still in a very early state and really tiny. Still, she's scheduled for surgery in two or three weeks. The doctor assured her that the prognosis is excellent and there's next to no risk of any long term consequences. Nevertheless, she's understandably shocked, as we're all really.

Regardless, we're determind to help her get through this as quickly and smoothly as possible. :)
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

>< Sorry to hear about that, Star. But good that it looks like the outcome's going to be more or less okay so good luck to you and your mom!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

My laptop may be dead. This morning, it wouldn't start up. We got it up in safe mode and ran a half dozen scans, then after Scott got here to my dad's house he worked on it for a couple of hours. No luck.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Moving back to Exeter was necessary but it is absolutely one of the worst decisions I've ever had to make.

The drive is killing my car, killing my energy, killing my time on this site AND on my homework, and it's killing my soul.

The only good thing is my social life has not died because I put off going back to Exeter from Providence/Johnston as long as possible.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So my car blew up.

As in, literally, a part of it was on fire.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:So my car blew up.

As in, literally, a part of it was on fire.
I'd say at least your car went out in a blaze of glory, but that would be a bad joke, and I never tell bad jokes, do I? ;)

Still, glad you're okay at least.

Me, just two days before leaving for the convention experience of a lifetime, I've got a sudden onset of crushing social anxiety. Help?
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Life has...well...it's been shit. I mean there's been good bits, but mostly shit. My head is so damned messed up right now.

The most crappy part of it, right now, is the fact I'm taking one step forward, two steps back as far as getting the surgeries et al I want.

Regularly scheduled Scum will, hopefully, be back soon just as soon as I stop drawing on the walls. :cracked
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Hope you don't mind if my climbing the walls interferes with your drawing on them. If you're messed up, the least I can do is be good company.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My aunt got half of her leg amputated because she doesn't take care of herself and she's got Type 2 Diabetes.

She's doing very poorly, last I heard.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

MY BRAND-NEW FUCKING CAR WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Bad things come in threes. Whose turn is it next?

I woke up to puddles all over my kitchen counters. Upstairs has a leak. And it leaked through all my wall sockets. Awaiting an electrician. -_-

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Slarti wrote:MY BRAND-NEW FUCKING CAR WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT FUCKING SUCKS! WHAT THE FUCK!? WHO DOES THAT!?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:

CAR THIEVES!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

steyn wrote:
Ult_Sm86 wrote:

CAR THIEVES!
STUNT DRIVERS!

We had a foot of snow and the asshole offered to help my husband get the car unstuck... then he stole it!

I called the local news, because I know they're faster than the cops, and it was on the news twice tonight.

Pleeeeaaaase, I want my car back!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Lmao okay wait really? He let some dude get in his car? That's terrible that you can't trust someone enough to even help you in the snow but, wow. What a dirt bag.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Yes, it was naive, but as he's now had people on the news channel's web site calling him a retard and saying he deserved it, I'm not too happy about this whole "blame the victim" mentality.

Our car was found today. It's a wreck and I hope the insurance totals it out so we can just start over.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait so people actually stole his car to... do stunts with it? I'm not sure I ...
That's a thing?
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Update on the LEAK: It is now wednesday. The first leak happened on friday. There was another one yesterday. At which point, I decided my landlord clearly couldn't be bothered to contact my neighbours so I wrote them a letter instead. Then I emailed my landlord who STILL haven't sent me an electrician like the promised.

I get home from buying comics at 2pm, having been up since 7am and traipsing around the city, I felt I deserved a nap. Napped til 6. Woke up to find more puddles on my counters.

Wrote ANOTHER letter to the asshole upstairs (positive it's him now) and told him to look under his sinks because I'm sure it's the washing machine and also pointed out he should call a plumber. I was as polite as I was able. Then emailed my landlord AGAIN, telling them there's no point sending me an electrician (despite the alarming crackling sound coming from the fuse socket for my fridge) because the leak is still ongoing so he'll just have to keep coming out until it's fixed.

If this isn't resolved soon I might kick upstairs' door down out of sheer frustration and smash the washing machine to smitherines.