this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I'd rather spend Christmas alone in my mouse infested flat with assholes living downstairs who leave the front door to the building open 24/7 so they don't get in trouble with the landlord (like those fuckers would care) and not heating then at home with my family.

Season of goodwill and peace on earth? Pffft, like hell. Fuck that. And if one more insipid, vacant person wishes me merry Christmas I'll shove a fucking christmas tree so far up their fucking ass they can taste it.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Here, here!! :bite:bite
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a device was stirring, not even my mouse. And why you ask? Because my power supply died. Just heard a clank and everything was dead. Now I can't work on my project, can't buy a new power supply until I get home....I hate mossel bay. I hate the sea. I hated the schools I went to here, I hated the lack of internet connection, I hate the quiet and the 5 tv channels of nothing but news, sport and soapies. Funk I hate spending christmas and new years here. And now I don't even have my own pc to work on. Now if you would excuse me, I have to go lie on my bed and wait for the 3rd or 4th or 5th of january when I'm coming home.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I had the collectors edition of Nightmare Before Christmas... like the huge Jack bust and everything... except it's missing something, so my mom has to take it back. -_-
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

bored. bored. bored. bored. bored. bored. broed. beord. bdoer. breod. droeb. dreob. dbroe. orbed. bored.

do you know the reason why germans and australians and britains go on the garden route andstay a cuoplle days in Mossel Bay? I'll tell you why. Because it is a beautiful sea town prerfect for tourists to relax their time on the beach. Do you know what I dislike more than finding a wookie's worth of hair stuck in the shower drain? The beach. That's the only reason why this town still exists here. And I'm here not enjoying that.

I already ate all the sweets I got for christmas, and it's only the 28th. I already finished reading two novels and we've only been here for a little over a week. I asked around this place and the only way of getting a new power supply for my pc is to buy one in another town, George, about three quarters of an hour's drive from where I'm staying. And it's gonna cost me over R 450, and where I shop back at home, it'll cost me around R 350. Gee, let me think, no thank you! And people wonder why Incredible Connection's nickname is Incredible Corruption.

fourth time I reconnected now....sigh.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

It's 3.50am. I'm suffering from insomnia - badly. I want to strangle my foster mom, I want to tell the whole family (bar the bro) to take their self-righteous, we're-only-trying-to-help-but-really-we-think-you're-stupid opinions and swivel on them - but I can't, coz I owe them so much and damn me if I haven't got an overactive guilt complex.

I think the only people I'm managing to stand is D and my stepdad. I'm tired of being given double standards. Either I'm a part of your fucking family or I'm not. I'm quite aware you don't approve of most of what I do. Learn to understand that I really don't give a fuck. Tossers.

Oh, and if I say I'm in pain and I can't grip anything? Please don't make me pick up something like a full cup of coffee and tear me a new one when I drop it all over your floor. I warned you.

I already hated Christmas, and this one really hasn't gone anywhere near changing my mind yet. And shallow as it sounds? Your presents suck balls.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. You all helped me through a load of shit. Don't backtrack on me now. Not when you know I'm having a hard enough time.

Oh, and I have a stinking cold which still hasn't shifted, haven't slept a full night since Xmas Eve and thanks to parents getting WoW for Xmas, I can't get RID of them ><

WTB hole to crawl into and die, kthx.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Came back to Germany and got a scratchy throat and runny nose. Suspect it's a goodbye present from Brazil. Jesus, people, it's a tropical country, don't try to find the Antarctica setting on your ac.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So I actually got to work semi-early today, thinking I’ll hurry up and get things done so maybe I won’t be here forever. It’s actually well above freezing today so I didn’t think much of ice when I was walking to the front door of the office. Big mistake.

I stepped down on a nice patch of invisible ice in my heels, tried to catch myself, did the Scooby Doo scramble with both hands full and went down face-first flat onto the sidewalk. Now lots of things hurt. Kinda bad. Cell phone also hit the ice and skidded, but seems okay.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

OUCH! damn. :( sorry slarti. I've had that happen to me before. Not fun.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

My father thought it would be a splendid idea to spill his coffee on the carpet. in our hotel.

More on that later.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh no slarti! Make sure you get ice on you (as ironic as THAT is) and rest up.

We'll have to send you a box of scooby snaxs? :toothy
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

my 5 month old nephew, Dean, has a fever so high he's shaking. he had a fever last night and my sister called me for advice. I told her to give him tylenol and keep an eye on him. if it got worse then to take him in... when it *did* get worse, my bro-in-law was at work...with their only car. aaand, she couldn't get a hold of him. finally, she did, but no drs had an appt, so they went to the walk-in clinic... don't know more than that at the moment except for the fact that I'm the one who got him sick in the first place and my mom has a really bad feeling involving our family and seeing as how he's so sick, she thinks it might be him. I'm worried and feel guilty. >< not a good combination.

Update: His fever is 105 F. they're gonna do x-rays on him.

[Edited on 12/30/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Oh geez, Esynthia! I hope your nephew gets better! Poor thing!

Bad semester. The project that I spoke of earlier, the book, is completely bust. When the first dead line was coming up, I was working on placing pages for 100 artist bios, a masterwork copy each, and a daily sketch and commentary. Each of the 200 some odd pages take up to 10 minutes each depending on what the content is.

I was running out of time by the friday of the week before it was due and I had about 3/4 of the work done. Well, as retarded as Percivil is. Come saturday, InDesign kept crashing my file. Every time I tried to replace of move info on the file the program would dump and bring me back to where i was. No progress.

Sunday, I was in a state of panic. One of my hall buddies offered her computer up to work on it. We though my computer was just too slow. It was running on 1G of Ram, which it needed at LEAST 2. I drove 20 miles to the nearest Fry's and bought more Ram for percivil. Still nothing except a faster running lap top.

I took up hall buddy's offer and put the file on my external hard drive and brought it over to her room. No progress. Her MAC couldn't read my external, so she suggested putting it on a flash drive. I went back to my lap top and MY DELL didn't recognize my external. I had to go online and download a new install package in order for it to be read. By now it was 1am. I moved the file to a flash drive and went back to hall buddy's room. And guess what? The file crashed on InDesign.

The File was corrupted. I had to start from scratch.

2 days later I went to class with barely half the book done. I was past the point of caring because I hadn't had sleep in two days and everyone in the hall was telling me to go to bed because I looked and acted ready to stay in a padded room.

I gave the instructor my story and knowing I had problems with percivil all semester, she gave me a week long extension which would be plenty of time.

Oh, it gets better.

The whole week, I worked off of the new file and everything was going great. I was thrilled. I pulled an all nighter the last day, saved the file many times, backed up my computer. I was in heaven. I was of course stressed as hell because it was due in 6 hours, but I knew it would get done, but still, my stress was great enough to cause me to throw up and later in the day when I had to put drops in for my contacts, I had discovered that I popped a blood vessel in my eye.

I was halfway through spell check on the book when hell froze over. There was a power outage on campus. My external, having the crucial need for a power source, shut down so as a result InDesign saw the lack of links as a computer error and shut down; my lap top having a dead battery had to be shut down right away or risk never waking up again. As with all power outages, you unplug everything so things don't die when the power comes back on. Well, it was still dark outside, so it was pitch black inside, and my flashlights were in a drawer that I could no longer see. I had to trip and stumble around the room unplugging crap. Just my luck, I knocked my external hard drive off of my desk in the process with a large glass of water. (granted the water didn't get on the hard drive, but i will probably have mildew when I return). I cried for about twenty minutes and called my mom on my cell phone and cried more. When the power came back on I plugged in my computer and tried to see if anything still worked. The hard drive was broken. it made a sad pathetic little noise but would not turn on.

I took my hard drive to the tech team on campus and they said they didn't do repairs. Wtf, right? So I was doomed. I stopped caring completely and went to class with nothing but my broken drive and laughed ridiculously while I told my instructor. We settled on taking an incomplete and getting it done over winter break. I had hoped the disk was salvageable from the drive so I thought, sure, plenty of time to run spell check again, print and bind.

Today, I got the news from the computer repair shop. My drive was completely and utterly dead. None of my information, including tons of music, anime, and photos could be retrieved. My life was on that drive and now its gone.

So, my options are taking partial credit for the little that I had turned in, throwing up and putting more stress on my body by trying to do the whole damned thing from stress a third fucking time in less than three weeks, or fork out an ass load of money in two semesters and take it again for academic renewal to replace a bad grade.

Hopefully I will get a C in the class. My current 4.0 with the incomplete would place me at a 3.5 with a C in the class allowing me to stay in the animation program. But with my luck, I doubt it.
one name: Bruce Campbell
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Aww, sweetie I'm so sorry. I hope that you can get what you need to get for this. What a crap hand. :(
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Have to go spend New Years with my family, which involves staying the night at my grandma's. Means I won't get to sleep in, I'll have to put up with screaming, hyperactive children, and I'll probably have to battle someone for a nice quiet place in the office with the computer. Grandpa doesn't know how the wonders of wireless work, and it's not worth the hour it'll take to explain, so no point in taking my laptop.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I normally prefer astounding coffee to ass coffee (ie. I try to keep my personal issues personal :D ) but I think everyone can relate to this.

I haven't flown on a plane since 9/14/2002 (yes you read that date right) and it is the most boring post 9/11 flying story ever. I didn't even go through the xrays. Apparently for the first week afterwards, airport security just threw up their hands and was like "That's it! We're all screwed. Why bother with any of it!"

Anyway, now I'm job hunting and planning to relocate so I want to do some flying. Here's what I learned: To go from Chicago to Buffalo NY to Philadelphia and back to Chicago costs $672 US. To go from Chicago to Buffalo NY to Chicago to Philadelphia and back to Chicago costs $303 US.

Does this make ANY sense at all?

Why is it cheaper for me to use twice as much fuel to fly to the midwest as a connection to two airports on the east coast? United explained to me that connections are more complex than 2 direct flights to the same airport but $300 more complicated? Are they using stone tablets for punch cards in their computers or something?

(I considered driving but it was going to be several hundred dollars in fees to return the rental car from Buffalo to the rental car place in Philadelphia. This means I have to return one rental car only to pick up the EXACT same type of rental car in a different city.)

I see on the news all the time that the travel industry is raising prices because people aren't traveling. THIS is why! It's because the airlines and car rental companies are insane!

(I can't believe I have to spend a whole day flying to Chicago and back in order to get to a place that is less than 2 hours by air. So dumb!)

This isn't just my problem, it's everyone's problem. We have technology that makes the world accessible to us and we're using it in the worst possible way. It's not just the waste of my time but I hate to think of the waste of resources (jet fuel etc.) and added pollution that this detour is going to cause. And if I'm having to do this it means that other travelers are having to do it.

This is why I nearly always take trains.

-e
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Are they using stone tablets for punch cards in their computers or something?
You are such a trip!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

I think it's like that because of connections being flown quite often while that isn't the case with others.

I'd simply assume that Chicago/Philadelphia is more frequented than Buffalo NY/Philadelphia, and therefore with mass comes the lower price.

It's the same logic by which it is economically sound to produce a million sneakers in China and then ship them around half the planet in containers. It's unbelievably wasteful regarding resources but the fact that you can produce enormous masses for little money over there is good for making money.

Stupid, but capitalism tends to be. :shrug
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Aww, sweetie I'm so sorry. I hope that you can get what you need to get for this. What a crap hand. :(
I'm just going to do the fucker all over again. I have until May 13th. Thank you though.

My midgey (sheltie) has pancreatitis and possibly Addison's. It looked like someone slaughtered a pig in our kitchen. Sadly it was coming out of her ass. She's spending the night at the vet's.

[Edited on 1/6/2009 by CurlyyHairGirl]
one name: Bruce Campbell
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl

My midgey (sheltie) has pancreatitis and possibly Addison's.
Huh...

Well that's a conundrum. The treatment for Addisons is contraindicated with pancreatitis...

All is not lost though, because if you think about this, if pancreatitis is made worse by steroids and Addisons is a disease of too little steroids, it means that the pancreatitis is probably somewhat IMPROVED because of the Addisons. This would be a much more dire situation if she had Cushings (too much steroids) because that would make the pancreatitis worse and Cushings is harder to treat.

The good news is that both Addisons and pancreatitis have very reliable sensitive blood tests so there's no "maybe she has it, maybe she doesn't ..." to complicate treatment. :)

Sorry about the kitchen though. That sucks.

-e
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

So yeah, probably no new job and jacked up hours. Will have to keep my eyes open to find something else.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Damn Ferg.

Come here. There are so many good reasons. You could dog sled to work, the igloos are spacious and you can say 'eh' a lot.

Plus all the maple syrup and poutine and salmon you could ask for!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I've felt like crap since I woke up today. I was all lightheaded and nauseous but still went to school. Made it about half an hour into my first class, gave in, and went to the nurse. They let me lay down, gave me a mint and water, and sent me back to class instead of releasing me to go home.

My english presentation was full of fail. Apparently, my teacher expects more of an answer than, "This poem is about death, and the guy dies." I wasn't really sure what else he expected me to say since he tells us what Emily Dickinson wrote about was exactly what she meant, and I got that she meant this person dies.

I also fell asleep in creative writing and missed our first assignment, which I feel terrible about since it probably didn't give a good first impression. But, my head and stomach are killing me.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I've had four consecutive nights of waking up in various stages of bawling, and can't figure out why. I'm eating right, exercising and stretching properly, getting plenty of water, and still have my sleep interrupted by the feeling like my calf muscles are trying to tear themselves apart.

I so hate nighttime leg cramps.

Yes, I am a firm believer in being strong and brave. I am strong and brave enough to admit I am a big baby when it comes to pain.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

You can try tonic water for those - the quinine in it sometimes helps.