this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

my sister's car caught on fire. only my bro-in-law in it, thank God. it could have been her and the kids. but everything inside is lost. including the things from the hosptial from my nephew's birth. footprints, handprints, first pictures, etc. also lost niece's carseat and nephew's carseat base.

[Edited on 10/17/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

...is your bro in law ok?
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

yeah, he got out in time. :)
ImageImage

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Foster cat is all stanky, but he's sick so I can't give him a bath. *shakes fist*
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Youngest stepdaughter called this AM to say she's in premature labor. Ugh, poor kid. They aren't sure at the moment what they're gonna do ... she's about 3&1/2 weeks early. The baby's daddy is with her at hospital, so I'm gonna wait to see wuzzup before I go rushing off ... and later will pick up her middle kid at school so he can stay here, since she'll probably still be in hospital (that will be the good part of the bad thing - he's a cute little fellow).
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Hope it goes ok, Elfdame. I went into labor a month early, so she should be fine. I'll keep her and the baby in my prayers.
ImageImage

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Fucking. Neighbors.

Actually purposely playing their music loud enough to shake my flat from beneath me after I'd thumped on the floor (they don't speak English). They laughed, and turned their music up.

I lost my temper for the first time in literal years. I now have a broken hand. I now do not want to go back to the freaking hovel that is the cowboy-converted, badly-maintained, vermin-infested SHITHEAP of a flat.

And it's owned by a housing assoc. that couldn't give a damn. Why? Because I'm white.

Fuck them.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Stupid 3M window insulation doesn't work if you put it inside the frame. It just pulls itself off. I wanted to put it in between the outside and inside panels but nooooo.

I also need to take some to work because I have the desk next to the drafty window. I hate drafts! Hate them! My coworker thought they fixed the AC but it's just the draft. It's not even that cold yet!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Bought a futon today and it's awesome (or will be once I fix it) but the horror of the guy helping me move it into my place and my friend coming over to help put it together was too much for kitty and the little bastard quit eating again. :shakeno

He won't even go sleep in the bedroom as usual, he's got to be right in my lap.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I don't even know what this coffee tastes like. Good? Bad? How about crazy? Here's how yesterday went.

In a nutshell, I put in a full 8 hours of work, and despite getting an unusual amount of rude behavior, I managed to exceed goals for the day. Had a very productive day writing, with lots of ideas coming in. Went to Mass after work, got changed real quickly, and made two appearances as an X-Wing pilot of the Rebel Legion Corsair Squadron. Barry went as Jedi Master Plo Koon. The first was helping host a party at a group home for kids in the system. The second was painting faces at the Holy Rosary Halloween Carnival.

The kids had an even bigger day, with a guitar and violin recital, a costume contest in which my little Gryffindors got extra prizes for making the finals, a trip to a local "haunted house," shopping for pumpkins and having some extra pumpkins thrown in free, then meeting me at the school carnival.

It didn't end there. Ian, or rather "Harry Potter," had a little too much fun in the inflatable bounce house, and found out just how hard the walls and ceiling in these things can be. One second, he was showing just how high he could bounce and what amazing tricks he could do in the air, and the next second, I had to fish a screaming, profusely bleeding little boy out of there.

I checked him over to see why he was bleeding so heavily from his mouth before doing anything else. Suffice to say, he had to have one front tooth pulled when he was a toddler after a learning-to-walk accident with a coffee table broke it in half. Now he has a double wide gap. (Thankfully that was his first loose tooth anyway.)

It got even better. As I rushed Ian down to the school cafeteria so he could get some salt water to swish and some ice, then get cleaned up, I told Master Plo that Ian knocked his tooth out. He immediately crawled into the bounce house with his light sabre all lit up and recruited all the kids to help him crawl all over it looking for the tooth. It was then that Ian spluttered, "I think I felt thomething go down my throat... AUGH! WHAT'LL THE TOOTH FAIRY DO?"

Elly may have been costumed as Hermione Granger, but she acted much more like those prankster Weasley twins when she tried to convince Ian that the tooth fairy would just have to take him instead.

Ian's best buddy Jake the Skeleton was so concerned, he followed me and Ian around everywhere and kept asking "Is he okay? Is everything all right?" until he was perfectly assured that Ian would be okay, and then he stuck around anyway because he's his best buddy after all. After a few minutes, Ian was calm, cleaned up, and reassured that the tooth fairy would understand that sometimes kids swallow their teeth and would not try to kidnap him. He's now writing a note to the tooth fairy and getting a good giggle trying to say things like "Salazar Slytherin sibilantly speaks to snakes." (Elly and I made that new tongue twister up today just for Ian.) And he no doubt will have everybody at Church and school talking for weeks.

What a day!

And this is followed up by one of the worst workdays I've ever had.

[Edited on 26/10/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

I'm about ready to quit.
ImageImage

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

It's really cold and rainy.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Someone I went to school with, lived near to as a kid and was a cousin of one of my really good friends died on November 9th from a rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He was only my age, 22, engaged, a brilliant football player and he worked with adults with learning difficulties. They'd been trying to find a bone marrow doner for him and they obviously didn't in time :(

Last week, I was told I can't donate for at least two years because I'm 'prone to fainting' which is bollocks. I'd just put my name for bone marrow donation as well. They whip you into donating and guilt trip you with tv adverts, and then they tell you to fuck off...
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by littlebamf
Last week, I was told I can't donate for at least two years because I'm 'prone to fainting' which is bollocks. I'd just put my name for bone marrow donation as well. They whip you into donating and guilt trip you with tv adverts, and then they tell you to fuck off...
(Hugs Li'l.)

I know how it can feel when you want to help, but are told you can't. I've known people with kidney issues, including my own brother, and I've been told I can't donate because I have a history of autoimmune problems.

If having one kidney is not going to kill me, why should I keep an extra if someone needs it more?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm cold, sore, tired, have cramps, don't want to do chemistry homework or study for my interdisc quizzes, and want to stab my boyfriend's mother somtimes. ...Well, not sometimes. Almost all the time. She chooses the most inconvienent times to use the phone. -_-
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Due to Scummy having his benefits stopped we were only able to pay for his copy of the special edition of Wrath since that was his birthday present from me and Freja.

Yesterday I went in to the game shop to ask them how long they could hold my copy of the special edition, and they said that Blizzard (the manufacturer) hadn't send them enough copies so that they were going first come, first serve to everyone who'd pre-ordered.

I got my mum to lend me the rest of the money last night for it and went in bright and early this morning to pick it up ... only to be told that it's gone up in price. It's so frustrating! So now I have to go there after work (provided of course that I earn enough money to cover it today) and see if it's still there.

And now I don't even know if I can justify spending £50 on a freakin' game since we've running low on electricity, gas and real food. I never get to treat myself.

And it's stupid for me to even be getting frustrated over a game anyway since I can't even afford to pay the subscription for it, so even when I get the game it'd not like I'd be able to play it ...

Stupid video games, I should just take up knitting instead ...

[Edited on 14/11/2008 by Guardian-of-Tears]
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Woo knitting!

edit:

I mean, Boo knitting :shifty

[Edited on 14/11/2008 by steyn]
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Having to restart counselling because of one creepy-ass guy frightening me to the point where I'm struggling to go out on my own. I hate my fucking issues.

Getting my benefits fucked over AGAIN because the DWP "lost" my fucking sick note.

Freja's computer blowing up just before WotLK.

Not being able to afford to get Pup's at the same time, which meant I was the only one playing a Death Knight and feeling really, really shit about it, no matter what anyone says.

And finally, losing the letter with the number for the medical centre on it which I need to phone so that I can get incapacity benefit, as well as being ill.

Sucks to be me.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

exhausted. throat is scratchy and I have to sing today. missed saying bye to paws before she goes on her trip. don't want to go to school, would rather stay home and sleep since I was up from around 3-4 with my kiddo. slept through my alarm b/c of that too... which goes off at 5.
ImageImage

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I can name a lot of things that are worse than being a phone worker, but one right now is particularly relevant:

being a phone worker sidelined by laryngitis.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Being sick for the 4th day in a row. Time to admit it and go see the doc. :(
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Just got home and the cat has a fresh gaping wound on his back. What. The. Fuck. He didn't have it when I left and I just can't figure what the fuck could have possibly happened. He doesn't like me looking at it, but it looks like his skin just split open along his spine. OH MY GOD. I've seen worse on my cats that got into fights and we didn't even take them to the vet, but this isn't my cat! Called the shelter lady, she'll come look at him tomorrow.

I feel bad, but there is nothing in the room I shut him up in when I go that could do that. Not a lot of blood, just a big ass hole in his skin. What is it???
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Guys are stupid.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Agreed.
ImageImage

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
I feel bad, but there is nothing in the room I shut him up in when I go that could do that. Not a lot of blood, just a big ass hole in his skin. What is it???
It's a diagnosis.

You have perfectly described idiopathic feline dorsal cervical ulcerative dermatosis which is believed to be caused by an underlying latent systemic herpes infection.

In other words - it's 99% probable* that your cat's sneezing and runny nose is caused by the feline herpes virus (it's the only one that manifests in the skin).

The bad news is that systemic herpes virus infections are very difficult and unrewarding to treat. You'll definitely need to have a vet involved because the cat will need to be on antibiotics (the open wound is an entrance for bacterial infection) and possibly anti-virals (like interferon). This is definitely a time to kick in the lysine if you haven't already.

Most importantly, these types of ulcers tend to involve the nerves back there so the cats need to be wrapped up to prevent self mutilation.

Sorry I don't have better news about your kitty. :( I hope the shelter can help out.

-e

(*99% is the closest it comes to 100% certainty without a skin biopsy.)