this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

wound up waitressing today at work, which is less money per hour than my regular position, but typically the tips make up for it and then some. I came UNDER what I would have gotten if I'd not waitressed. -_-

said I'd go to a party tonight. Surprise party for my friend. I thought it was in Dallas which is about a 35-40 min drive, but NOPE! It's in Plano. Which is an hour drive. -_-

Skirt that I was going to wear to said party doesn't fit anymore and I don't have another that will work right with the rest of what I'm wearing. It's cowboy theme so its not like I have a huge array of things to fit that theme where I could just change my wardrobe. ><
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Daughter. Won't. Clean. Her. Room.

I've been battling for two fricken weeks! You can't see carpet! Trying to break it down for her etc, but she just wants me to do it. >< Grrr.

And I can't open attachments on my e-mail, which is a bit of a problem because I have students sending in tons of assignments. The service pack update screwed it to hell.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Still no change.

Now smoking 10 cigs a day.

><
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Being out of his coma's not necessarily a good thing.

He's had a massive stroke, half his body is unusable. He can't move, can't speak, doesn't recognise anyone and can't eat. He's surviving on drips.

The entire family is just waiting now. :( It'll be a blessing for him to go.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Aww, Scum. That's hard. :(

Upon our return from my dad's house, I discovered SOMEBODY (read: husband) had left wet laundry in the dryer for at least two days...
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I should have the right to Physically eject customers from my store (or otherwise incapacitate them and drag them out...) When after informing them that we are now, in fact CLOSED, and they can either come up to the registers and purchase the items in their hands or I can put the items on hold and they can come during open business hours they say, "Excuse me? I know you want to go home, but as a customer, I have the right to remain shopping."
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

I just found out that an old family friend was murdered earlier today. Chris was living in Nouakchott, Mauritania (West Africa) working as a computer professor. He was getting out of his car when he was attacked by two men who had been laying in wait for him. There was a struggle and Chris was shot in the face three times. I don’t the details, but I’ve been told that the police are considering his murder a hate crime and that his family (wife and three kids) have been moved to the embassy for their own safety.

I have my own suspicions as to why Chris was singled out – it wasn’t just because he was an American. But, still he was a great guy and I just can’t imagine anybody wanting to hurt him – much less kill him.

What the Hell is wrong with people??
:hepz :kitty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

For some moments in life there are no words. ~David Seltzer, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. I simply can say that as a man teaching in North Africa, and according to the article you gave us in Chat, he did fight back, I think these two things speak volumes of his character and his bravery. I am ashamed at my standards of what I want to do with my life as an educator when I hold them in comparison to what I believe he must have been trying to achieve.

I give you my sincerest regrets and I hope that justice and resolution find his family and friends, and console them, and at the very least, they stay safe and treasure their memories and time with him.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm so sorry, Raven Hare. I just read the article on the internet. I don't know what the world is coming to . There are just some evil hateful people out there.

And I haven't really been keeping up with this thread lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Esy. What a year you've been having.
And I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, Angelique.
And I'm sorry about the condition of your Granddad, Scumfish.
I do hope things turn out well for everyone, but I'm sorry everyone is going thru such a painful time. You all are definitely in my thoughts.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Had a flashback. I haven't had one in months. I know what triggered it, and I know (obviously) what it was about, and while not the most unpleasant one I've ever had, reliving that particular memory was...less then fun.

I need to go back to a doctor about it though. Because if I'm having flashbacks/blank outs again then it means that something's triggered my PTSD.

...Gee. Can't think why.

Also. NO FUCKING SICK NOTE. You bastards, do you NOT realise I can't fucking live without my benefits?! Does it not fucking occur to you that I have now run out of any money I did have, my rent has been stopped and I can't DO anything because of you? Because of your lousy beaurocracy? And you know what? You know what makes it worse? I can't do sweet FA about it because I'm not even in Birmingham, I can only sodding shout at you doing the goddamned phone and that's easy enough to ignore, isn't it?

GIVE ME A GODDAMNED BREAK ALREADY.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

JSherlock wrote:"Excuse me? I know you want to go home, but as a customer, I have the right to remain shopping."
"This is private property, and I have asked you to leave. Get out now or I will call the police and report you for trespassing."

:whistle

(I'd do it (have done it) too, though not for that reason. That customer has brass balls! I am either very good at customer service, or very bad. (I think good!))

[Edited on 24-6-2009 by The Drastic Spastic]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

The trend continues. One of the investigators for the spca that I know died in a head on collision yesterday.

Man. What's up? :(
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

I dunno, but I feel like we need a tea party or something. Guh. *hugs* Sucks, hun.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

So, tomorrow is when the bigwigs and their bosses visit our store. This is big news, and we have been cleaning/dusting/minutiae-ing/pog-ing/getting ready our asses off for the last week.

Tonight I: cleaned the break room, Bathrooms (2), Office floor, Got down to the nitty gritty vacuuming ie- the bits where you need the hose and wand, cashed out customers, front and faced photo albums, art department, photo frames, and photo albums; restickered some albums, cleaned all the counter tops and registers, played wall art/frame tetris, played frame jenga, AND got a piece of glass in my finger. And stayed a half hour late.

ALL in the time it took our assistant manager to "finish" a piece in the back, cash out our last customer, "check a lightbulb" take down 3 registers and get his paperwork together WITH HIS FUCKING PHONE ON HIS EAR. (You are working motherfucker - take that shit off - just because the store is closed does not mean you are off the clock!

O RLY? :rolleyes

If I were the manager, his ass would be grass on fire. :yell

I am gonna set my alarm for stupid o clock 7:30 am just to call in to see if the manager (who is showing up tonight for truck to catch ass. manager off-guard because we have been having major problems with him and truck)

Yeah. :X
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote: Man. What's up? :(
Isn't it obvious?

In order for the universe to maintain its karmic balance, the rest of you are experiencing the kind of bizarre and horrific random black cloud bad luck that is normally reserved for me. As I am having a dry spell on the poor karma for the moment, what with the graduating and the moving and the new job, it had to go somewhere. Sorry to hear that it's raining down on you guys, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time until order is restored.

In fact, I dropped into to work on my day off this afternoon to see how "bad sick cat alley" was doing (my collection of hospitalized sick old kitties on fluids and steroids) and found it depopulated. They were all euthanized that morning. :(

So see, things should be looking up for you guys already! :) Not that I wouldn't mind a tea party.*

-e

* PS: This was not an attempt to dismiss your struggles or make light of your situations, but merely an example of my attempting to use humor to diffuse the bad stuff, cheer up, and keep smiling despite it all. Hope it helped. If not ... at least it helped me. Thanks.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

I am hurting all over. Landed on my neck during rugby practice, got a knee in the face, and something hit my throat (I may have accidentally tackled someone with it, some people just don't know when to just take it and have to try and make a sidestep when I'm right in front of them :shifty) so I'm bruised and hurty.

Plus, the episodes where my mind just goes blank for a few seconds start to piss me off :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Hey, it feels like 5am. Buuuut...the sun's well up. Aaaaand the budgies and canary are singing.

Ohwait. It's not 5am. It's 10am and I haven't slept yet.

That'll be why it feels like it's 5am.

><

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

My aunt with the lung cancer got put on hospice this morning.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

This hurts so much more than I ever thought it would.

If I had known it would hurt so much, I never would have tried it.

If I had known it would hurt so much, I don't know if I ever would have been able to save myself from it.

I don't know what I should have done or what I should do next.

I just hurt.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

It totally feels like a piece of my childhood died when I heard about Michael Jackson. I just sat in the car with my mouth hanging open for a moment.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

There is way too much death going around.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

My. Fosters. Suck. Ass. Big. Time.

STILL haven't been to see dying grandad. More upset by the fact that my foster bro, who was close, hasn't been to see him yet.

This man may die pretty much at any time. If he dies before D gets to say goodbye...well, yeah.

Plus, D's birthday on July 9th. Enough said, really.

Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

A couple of days ago I posted about my friend Chris who was murdered in a far away place most of us probably couldn’t pronounce or even find on a map. Now it turns out that it wasn’t just some random hate crime against foreigners, but a mighty blow by the great and powerful (yes – read sarcasm here) Al-Qaida. According to the article a mutual friend emailed me, Chris was executed by “Two knights of the Islamic Maghrebâ€
:hepz :kitty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am absolutely *stunned* at the death of Michael Jackson and cannot even begin to wrap my mind around the fact that he's gone. It isn't sad (yet) more shocking than anything.

And Ange, I agree, way too much death, however it is a natural thing (when it occurs not when it is inflicted).

Death, the refuge, the solace, the best and kindliest and most prized friend and benefactor of the erring, the forsaken, the old and weary and broken of heart. -Mark Twain
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

[quote="Raven Hare"]
As for me…life goes on, but from now on, every time I watch a news article about Al-Qaida, I won’t be debating the complexities of religious devotion. All I’ll be able to think is “Those are the bastards who killed my friend.â€
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven